DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Need car buying advice

I'm probably going to buy a new (not used) car next year. Does anyone know if I can get it cheaper if I buy late in the year rather than early on, or will that not make a difference?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

I think Sammy would be the one to contact on this issue.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

The last few new cars I've bought have been in April and I got really good deals.

There are a lot of YouTube videos on when is the best time to buy and which phony baloney add-ons to avoid.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i think buying at the end of year when they are trying to move the rest of those year's models is a good time. like in december buy a 2022, not a 2023.

not sure if covid has changed this.

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i think buying at the end of year when they are trying to move the rest of those year's models is a good time. like in december buy a 2022, not a 2023.

not sure if covid has changed this.
    True. The problem with that, though, is that if the 23's have come out, your '22 is a year old and it's been sitting there on the lot for about a year.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Buying new is for N words and suckers. No two ways about it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why are you buying a new car? I always buy cars that are at least 12 years old you can get better deals

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Buy a used car, but only 2 or 3 years old. Never buy a new car, waste of money. Do research about it for problems and recalls etc... Lots of sites out there give ratings on cars.
    Points Awarded:

svsooner gave Stallion 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    The last few new cars I've bought have been in April and I got really good deals.

There are a lot of YouTube videos on when is the best time to buy and which phony baloney add-ons to avoid.
    I'm not buying any add-ons other than auto transmission and I'm not financing either; I know how to get value.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I bought a 3 year old car that retailed new $30,000 for $12,000. The moment you drive the new car out of the lot it loses 20% of its value and in 3 years at least 50%.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Buy a used car, but only 2 or 3 years old. Never buy a new car, waste of money. Do research about it for problems and recalls etc... Lots of sites out there give ratings on cars.
    I'm buying a Subaru; the one I have went 18 years without any issues but it's developed a few of them in the last three years. Best cars ever.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Than buy a Subaru again definitely, but not new.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

“I haven’t bought a car in 18 years”

”I know how to get value”

BRO YOU ARE EXCITED FOR CARSON WENTZ! You’re a fukking retard!!!

”my car lasted 18 years so let me buy one fresh off the lot”

that mean you ain’t gonna buy a whip for two decades???

post a pic of the Wentz mobile you get hosed interest on….

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

This thread the equivalent of “My wife had a really good tight pussy and I had a great time fukking it for 20 years but some 18 year old skank just moved next door I think she is dtf”

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

True. The problem with that, though, is that if the 23's have come out, your '22 is a year old and it's been sitting there on the lot for about a year.
    Not necessarily, I bought a 1994 GMC truck that had a 9/1994 manufacture date so it was almost a year newer than the ones that first come off the line. I dont think they will let a car sit for a year and pay the interest on it but maybe they will
    Last edited by jackpot269; 08-23-22 at 12:48 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Sammy would have all the answers. Ever since these manufacturers had that "chip" issue.... they use leverage tactics on you. Forcing you to put a deposit down etc. to secure the vehicle when leasing or buying. GM in December has the "Employee Pricing For Everyone Discount" You could save around $2,000 - $2,500 off the sticker price.

Until the production gets back to the "usual".... I don't think it's the best thing to buy a car for a consumer.... but for a dealer... I think they have all the advantages on you.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

This guys an idiot. Light years behind his own ass:

DHP JUST POST YOUR PLAYS EVERY WEEKEND BEOFRE THE GAMES KICK SO WE CAN FADE YOU AND CASH YOU CLOWN. Joe Thiesman was a bitch and every time I take a dump I go “oh man, let’s drop a thiesman, trash looking burgundy and off yellow jersey, the KERPLUNK!!”

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Most manufacturers start producing 2023 models in September 2022.

Depends on the car but deals should get better in Oct-Dec if there is any shortfall in demand on the model.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Finally breaking down & getting a EV. Tax credits are amazing. $7500 federal plus $2000 state. No brainer

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you will stick out like a sore thumb at the race track

mostly borrowed cars all beaters

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4291

Buy at end of month

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Finally breaking down & getting a EV. Tax credits are amazing. $7500 federal plus $2000 state. No brainer
    I'm with USCPHILLYGUY here. If you want to save money on a new car an electric car will have lower overall cost of ownership, plus you can get a tax credit. By buying new you get the full life of the battery. These factors will save you more than buying at the cheapest time of year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Some guys in this thread don’t even have gas money and they are giving advice on buying cars

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Some guys in this thread don’t even have gas money and they are giving advice on buying cars

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    “I haven’t bought a car in 18 years”

”I know how to get value”

BRO YOU ARE EXCITED FOR CARSON WENTZ! You’re a fukking retard!!!

”my car lasted 18 years so let me buy one fresh off the lot”

that mean you ain’t gonna buy a whip for two decades???

post a pic of the Wentz mobile you get hosed interest on….
    My point is that it's better to buy new than used, as evidenced by the fact that the last car I bought went 18 years without any problems and yes, I do know how to get value. No financing, no extended warranties, get your own insurance (state minimum only). You're as stupid and trashy as the woman in your avatar.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11268

It's currently a seller's market with the computer chip shortage happening across all industries. The later you can wait, the better. Car prices are insane right now, it will go down after inflation decreases and this shortage is ironed out.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Sammy would have all the answers. Ever since these manufacturers had that "chip" issue.... they use leverage tactics on you. Forcing you to put a deposit down etc. to secure the vehicle when leasing or buying. GM in December has the "Employee Pricing For Everyone Discount" You could save around $2,000 - $2,500 off the sticker price.

Until the production gets back to the "usual".... I don't think it's the best thing to buy a car for a consumer.... but for a dealer... I think they have all the advantages on you.
    I'm aware of the supply chain issues, which is why I'm waiting until next year. I see prices going down a little bit.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I'm with USCPHILLYGUY here. If you want to save money on a new car an electric car will have lower overall cost of ownership, plus you can get a tax credit. By buying new you get the full life of the battery. These factors will save you more than buying at the cheapest time of year.
    They've had these Tax Deduction Incentives for the last 5-6 years. It's not a no brainer because we still don't know the "longevity" of the battery. Battery issues can be an expense for replacement or repair anywhere between 6k-12k. You can practically rebuild an engine and automatic transmission on a gas car.... it would be cheaper than replacing a battery. No one is thinking this through.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'm aware of the supply chain issues, which is why I'm waiting until next year. I see prices going down a little bit.
    I'm all about car deals. Here in Detroit... before the chip shortage.... you could always get a great deal on a lease. Not a fan of leasing... but if you do the math on a buy and a lease.... the lease has all the advantages... based on total depreciation on the buy. It's not always like that... here in Detroit... it works.

But that chip shortage gives all the advantages to the dealership... just like someone said above. They claim it should be back to normal late FALL this year... but that's just an estimate. It's so crazy at some dealerships right now.... in the service department they are literally turning away Manufacturer Warranty work... because the dealer sees more value in accepting non-warranty work. Hard to believe? I know. People are still within the 3 year manufacturer's warranty... and are being turned away. It's a sh## show at some dealerships.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    They've had these Tax Deduction Incentives for the last 5-6 years. It's not a no brainer because we still don't know the "longevity" of the battery. Battery issues can be an expense for replacement or repair anywhere between 6k-12k. You can practically rebuild an engine and automatic transmission on a gas car.... it would be cheaper than replacing a battery. No one is thinking this through.
    How am I not thinking this through. $9500 in tax credits plus save on gas. Not keeping the car anymore than 3 years tops. All under warranty

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you would have to be triple vaxxed to even think about going electric
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave manny24 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

VeggieDog

Make sure to double check the rebate issue on EV's. The new "Inflation Increasement Act" puts restrictions on the rebates.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

I'm not into EV; they cost way more money and, as stated by another poster, the battery can create issues. I do know that the Subaru I bought in 2001 was $19560 MSRP, the one I'm looking at now is $21,095 and it's probably going to go down a little next year. Not bad considering all the extra tech built into cars in the last 21 years.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

listen to me i know from years as car sales man your losing $1000's buying new ...

1st off before you buy any vehicle get the vin number take it to company that makes that car and get the exact born on date which used to be shown inside drivers door but no longer just month and year..

then go online and find out what day your born on as far back as 65 years ....me got lucky with used dodge caliber was made on wed oct 27th in 2010

so as i was told never buy any vehicle made on mon or fri because the way we humans are nobody is top working order on mondays and fri. is payday cash my check n go out n party with buddies or g/f I had 2 cars well one van the van was a ford windstar i piad $1800 for and out of gate rear relaese hatch broken and the freaking Check engine light was on ... what a huge expense in repairs in 2nd year owned $80 $120 $650 $75 $150 like omg more than i paid for the pos finally died in 3rd year head gasket blown ...

The car i had before was mint condition merc grand marquis had problem with vents right away never was able to get it fixed

3 years later gone oil pan pump broken blown engine

so sir follow my advice but shy away from ford products even today top of line trucks recall that they roll away while in Park

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i agree. my dad it for his last car. got a great deal and he didn't mind. it would bother me.

12 Last