View Poll Results: Would you want to stay in AC casino hotels for 2 years with two kids if you could?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    8 22.86%
  • NO

    27 77.14%
  • MAYBE

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. #1
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Would do what I am doing if you have the chance?

    I have lived in AC casino hotels for over 2 years straight when the casinos reopened after the Pandemic and my kids started Cyber classes, which allowed them to attend classes anywhere as long as there was WIFI and I could do the same as I work online.

    So, if you had the chance, would you do the same?

    Someone on another forum thinks it's strange

    Perhaps, but he has no clue how it is for me and my kids.

    I should provide a bit more information.

    The cost is $7.54 per night as the room is comped.

    I have almost $4,000 in comp dollars, so food is practically free. The only cost is tipping and buying basic necessities like water, milk, junk food, etc.
    Last edited by DJK; 08-18-22 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #2
    juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-14-15
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 892

    Had the chance? Sounds absolutely horrible and an awful experience for your kid.

  3. #3
    iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-09
    Posts: 1,600
    Betpoints: 144

    pretty hard for the kid, wont do it with a kid

  4. #4
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    You obviously donít make money gambling, youíre just taking advantage of all the money you give to the casinos. If it was just you I could understand the logic. With kids involved youíre a fuckiní nut case for putting them through this.

  5. #5
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,147
    Betpoints: 45

    It's a better scenario than kids being homeless. Make sure you don't lose the roof over their head due to bad gambling choices.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turbobets

  6. #6
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    My answer is never, Like I stated on the other double thread you created.

  7. #7
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Had the chance? Sounds absolutely horrible and an awful experience for your kid.
    Hmmm, maybe if you asked my kids, they will tell you otherwise.

    I've already asked my kids if they wanted to go home and they said no.

    I tell them if they ever want to go home, then all they have to do is tell me and we go home.

    I guess I need to provide a bit more information.

    Since they are doing the Cyber classes, they aren't attending school physically.

    At home, they have nothing to do. No external activities because of the COVID shutdown initially.

    They just stayed home and play games online on their laptops.

    Here in AC, all three hotels I stay, Bally's, Borgata, and Hard Rock, have an indoor pools and they are really good pools, so my kids like to go swimming all the time.

    As far as the food goes, we eat buffets all the time, so my kids are getting sick of it so we cut down to less frequent visits.

    We have the boardwalk to walk on any time, we get to go to the beach any time, we go to huge arcade at what used to be Showboat whenever they want.

    I want these kids to learn how to ride bicycle, so they can ride it on the boardwalk whenever they want.

    So, for us at the moment, AC provides more possible activities for my kids.
    Last edited by DJK; 08-18-22 at 08:03 PM.

  8. #8
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if you asked my kids, they will tell you otherwise.

    I've already asked my kids if they wanted to go home and they said no.

    I tell them if they ever want to go home, then all they have to do is tell me and we go hom.

    I guess I need to provide a bit more information.

    Since they are doing the Cyber classes, they aren't attending school physically.

    At home, they have nothing to do. No external activities because of the COVID shutdown initially.

    They just stayed home and play games online on their laptops.

    Here in AC, all three hotels I stay, Bally's, Borgata, and Hard Rock, have an indoor pools and they are really good pools, so my kids like to go swimming all the time.

    As far as the food goes, we eat buffets all the time, so my kids are getting sick of it so we cut down to less frequent visits.

    We have the boardwalk to walk on any time, we get to go to the beach any time, we go to huge arcade at what used to be Showboat whenever they want.

    I want these kids to learn how to ride bicycle, so they can ride it on the boardwalk whenever they want.

    So, for us at the moment, AC provides more possible activities for my kids.
    Do you know what I think ? I think youíre a degenerate gambler and you donít wanna leave this life because youíre so close to the casinos.
    Points Awarded:

    juicername gave BeatTheJerk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Mac4Lyfe gave BeatTheJerk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  9. #9
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 19,038
    Betpoints: 2233

    So do your kids have any friends?

    This could lead to social problems for them when they get older.

    Your kids might like it now, but you need to think big picture.
    Points Awarded:

    juicername gave big joe 1212 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  10. #10
    juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-14-15
    Posts: 6,808
    Betpoints: 892

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if you asked my kids, they will tell you otherwise.

    I've already asked my kids if they wanted to go home and they said no.

    I tell them if they ever want to go home, then all they have to do is tell me and we go hom.

    I guess I need to provide a bit more information.

    Since they are doing the Cyber classes, they aren't attending school physically.

    At home, they have nothing to do. No external activities because of the COVID shutdown initially.

    They just stayed home and play games online on their laptops.

    Here in AC, all three hotels I stay, Bally's, Borgata, and Hard Rock, have an indoor pools and they are really good pools, so my kids like to go swimming all the time.

    As far as the food goes, we eat buffets all the time, so my kids are getting sick of it so we cut down to less frequent visits.

    We have the boardwalk to walk on any time, we get to go to the beach any time, we go to huge arcade at what used to be Showboat whenever they want.

    I want these kids to learn how to ride bicycle, so they can ride it on the boardwalk whenever they want.

    So, for us at the moment, AC provides more possible activities for my kids.
    It's always a terrific idea to let your kids decide what's best for them. This upbringing will turn them into some weird mofos like their father.
    Points Awarded:

    Mac4Lyfe gave juicername 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  11. #11
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    That's funny how you are all against it, because I just asked my kids for the umpth time if they wanted to go home and they both said no.

    I asked them if they missed anything from home and they said no but one said maybe their big gaming monitor.

    The deal with my kids is that whenever they want to go home, they can.

    Also, it's kind of sad that people just assume that because you stay in casinos that you are gambling like crazy all the time and that's just not true. Well, at least not in my case.

    People also assume that because I'm in casinos all the time, that I'm losing. That's also not the case as I am up for the past 2 years. Not much, but up some nevertheless.

    I've gambled for 38 years. You would think that by now, I know what I'm doing and should not lose anymore.

    As a matter of fact, I feel bad that I didn't pick up card counting for blackjack sooner as I know a player who has 18 year winning streak. I was hoping to meet him, but he declined at the moment. However, he is slowing coming around after I have shown him none of what I said are lies.

    It's funny how there are just all these different types of people in this world. I don't want to make this post too long as it's already too long, so I will make a separate post.

  12. #12
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    It's always a terrific idea to let your kids decide what's best for them. This upbringing will turn them into some weird mofos like their father.
    I would like to think otherwise and if I live long enough to find out, then I will get to laugh at your face. That I know for a fact.

  13. #13
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,046
    Betpoints: 2684

    [QUOTE=DJK;30968515]Hmmm, maybe if you asked my kids, they will tell you otherwise.

    I've already asked my kids if they wanted to go home and they said no.

    I tell them if they ever want to go home, then all they have to do is tell me and we go hom.

    I guess I need to provide a bit more information.

    Since they are doing the Cyber classes, they aren't attending school physically.

    At home, they have nothing to do. No external activities because of the COVID shutdown initially.

    They just stayed home and play games online on their laptops.

    Here in AC, all three hotels I stay, Bally's, Borgata, and Hard Rock, have an indoor pools and they are really good pools, so my kids like to go swimming all the time.

    As far as the food goes, we eat buffets all the time, so my kids are getting sick of it so we cut down to less frequent visits.

    We have the boardwalk to walk on any time, we get to go to the beach any time, we go to huge arcade at what used to be Showboat whenever they want.

    I want these kids to learn how to ride bicycle, so they can ride it on the boardwalk whenever they want.

    **************************************** **************************************** **********

    You are borderline child neglect.

    Are you doing this for you or your kids?

    What about home structure where kids learn to do chores like dishes and taking out the trash?

    What about long term friends your kids can make being at home and going to school?

    What about the long term mental illness that can come from seeing drunk gamblers on a daily basis with the profanity that comes out by the minute?

    What about the prostitutes that they witness walking around?

    You think this is good?

    You need to think about this for the safety of your kids also. There are peds in those casinos and you had better keep your eye on those kids at ALL times.
    Last edited by RangeFinder; 08-18-22 at 07:48 PM.
    Points Awarded:

    juicername gave RangeFinder 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Mac4Lyfe gave RangeFinder 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  14. #14
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Do you know what I think ? I think you’re a degenerate gambler and you don’t wanna leave this life because you’re so close to the casinos.
    I beg to differ. Not all gamblers are degenerate; especially if they aren't losing. I know of some pros on another forum and their profession is casino gambling and nothing else and they are making 6 figures income every year doing it. Some only mid to high 5 figures, but that should be more than enough to live on since you don't pay taxes. I pay 50K in taxes every year.

    I have a big home less than 10 minutes from PARX.

    If gambling was my main goal, then I would just stay at home and go gambling at PARX. I almost never go there.

  15. #15
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 19,038
    Betpoints: 2233

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    That's funny how you are all against it, because I just asked my kids for the umpth time if they wanted to go home and they both said no.

    I asked them if they missed anything from home and they said no but one said maybe their big gaming monitor.

    The deal with my kids is that whenever they want to go home, they can.

    Also, it's kind of sad that people just assume that because you stay in casinos that you are gambling like crazy all the time and that's just not true. Well, at least not in my case.

    People also assume that because I'm in casinos all the time, that I'm losing. That's also not the case as I am up for the past 2 years. Not much, but up some nevertheless.

    I've gambled for 38 years. You would think that by now, I know what I'm doing and should not lose anymore.

    As a matter of fact, I feel bad that I didn't pick up card counting for blackjack sooner as I know a player who has 18 year winning streak. I was hoping to meet him, but he declined at the moment. However, he is slowing coming around after I have shown him none of what I said are lies.

    It's funny how there are just all these different types of people in this world. I don't want to make this post too long as it's already too long, so I will make a separate post.
    If you asked your kids if they’d rather have ice cream or fruit what would they say?

    If you asked your kids if they want to go to the dentist or just stay home and never brush their teeth what would they say?

    Bottom line, kids don’t always know what’s best for them.

    You ask us all for our opinion and then you tell us we know nothing.

    Seems like your just looking for someone to say what you’re doing is ok so you can feel better and not feel guilty.
    Points Awarded:

    Mac4Lyfe gave big joe 1212 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

  16. #16
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I beg to differ. Not all gamblers are degenerate; especially if they aren't losing. I know of some pros on another forum and their profession is casino gambling and nothing else and they are making 6 figures income every year doing it. Some only mid to high 5 figures, but that should be more than enough to live on since you don't pay taxes. I pay 50K in taxes every year.

    I have a big home less than 10 minutes from PARX.

    If gambling was my main goal, then I would just stay at home and go gambling at PARX. I almost never go there.
    I guess I stand corrected.

  17. #17
    MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-10
    Posts: 8,417
    Betpoints: 3565

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I have lived in AC casino hotels for over 2 years straight when the casinos reopened after the Pandemic and my kids started Cyber classes, which allowed them to attend classes anywhere as long as there was WIFI and I could do the same as I work online.

    So, if you had the chance, would you do the same?

    Someone on another forum thinks it's strange

    Perhaps, but he has no clue how it is for me and my kids.

    I should provide a bit more information.

    The cost is $7.54 per night as the room is comped.

    I have almost $4,000 in comp dollars, so food is practically free. The only cost is tipping and buying basic necessities like water, milk, junk food, etc.
    Comped rooms at the casino?!?!
    Unlimited junk food?!?!
    Free buffets?!?!
    Swimming pools?!?!



    DAD! IT'S ME! Your son, Malted Hops! I can just see it now! DAD! Guess what! I met a new 'classmate' at the pool today, her name is Cinnamon! Can we have the keys to the mini-bar! Can we dad! Can we?!?!

    YEA!!!!!!!!


  18. #18
    kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-14-11
    Posts: 15,961
    Betpoints: 388

    I asked my kids and they said it, so it has to be true!!!!!! Father of the year everyone
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/24/2022


  19. #19
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,188
    Betpoints: 5107

    Shouldn't they be back in real school now?????????
    Points Awarded:

    Mac4Lyfe gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  20. #20
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    So do your kids have any friends?

    This could lead to social problems for them when they get older.

    Your kids might like it now, but you need to think big picture.
    They had a plenty of friends in school before we changed it to Cyber. so they don't associate with the other kids physically now.

    None of their friends were worthwhile keeping, because we are in a bad school district and most of them have some sort of behavioral problems. Bristol Township school district is our school district. We are well off, but 85% of the kids in that school are from rather poor families and get free breakfast and lunches. I'm not saying all are like that, but my kids complain about bullies and kids with problems who get in trouble all the time. If you only saw how a teacher was screaming at the top of her lung in her class at the kids when I went to pick up my kids because they had to go see a doctor, you would understand.

    That stupid ass school district is nothing more than a baby sitting service as they don't teach. Just too many stupid kids to keep all the kids moving along with the lessons and therefore the teachers gave up and not teaching anything but just watching them.

    How do I know that? My kids' current Cyber teacher used to be my younger girl's 2nd grade teacher. This is the first time she is doing this and she actually admitted to me that my girls are learning way more than if they were attending the brick and mortar school.

    She obviously can see what my kids have to go through doing the Cyber class and even my kids are saying it's tougher and they have to ask me for help. So, me and my wife are happy that my kids are actually learning and not being baby sat.

    Obviously, the only problem is interacting with the other kids.

    My kids have a ton of friends on-line playing Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft. Sure, having an on-line friends is different from physical friends, but they don't seem to care and they are actually quite happy that they have a very small circle of friends whom they talk to and play games together everyday.

    I get to hear everything and it's quite entertaining to be honest. At least I get to watch them to make sure they don't run into some nut jobs like the one who keeps on posting nothing but negative about my arrangement.

    If you haven't tried it, don't knock it. And, don't lose money playing casino gambling, otherwise this becomes incredibly expensive venture.

  21. #21
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 19,038
    Betpoints: 2233

    Where do you do your laundry?

  22. #22
    franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-06-11
    Posts: 5,330
    Betpoints: 10186

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    They had a plenty of friends in school before we changed it to Cyber. so they don't associate with the other kids physically now.

    None of their friends were worthwhile keeping, because we are in a bad school district and most of them have some sort of behavioral problems. Bristol Township school district is our school district. We are well off, but 85% of the kids in that school are from rather poor families and get free breakfast and lunches. I'm not saying all are like that, but my kids complain about bullies and kids with problems who get in trouble all the time. If you only saw how a teacher was screaming at the top of her lung in her class at the kids when I went to pick up my kids because they had to go see a doctor, you would understand.

    That stupid ass school district is nothing more than a baby sitting service as they don't teach. Just too many stupid kids to keep all the kids moving along with the lessons and therefore the teachers gave up and not teaching anything but just watching them.

    How do I know that? My kids' current Cyber teacher used to be my younger girl's 2nd grade teacher. This is the first time she is doing this and she actually admitted to me that my girls are learning way more than if they were attending the brick and mortar school.

    She obviously can see what my kids have to go through doing the Cyber class and even my kids are saying it's tougher and they have to ask me for help. So, me and my wife are happy that my kids are actually learning and not being baby sat.

    Obviously, the only problem is interacting with the other kids.

    My kids have a ton of friends on-line playing Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft. Sure, having an on-line friends is different from physical friends, but they don't seem to care and they are actually quite happy that they have a very small circle of friends whom they talk to and play games together everyday.

    I get to hear everything and it's quite entertaining to be honest. At least I get to watch them to make sure they don't run into some nut jobs like the one who keeps on posting nothing but negative about my arrangement.

    If you haven't tried it, don't knock it. And, don't lose money playing casino gambling, otherwise this becomes incredibly expensive venture.
    It does sound like a great life maybe for a few years for an adult. How old are your kids?

    I had to the situation with the school district in my area. My son has been in private all his school life because of this. Not sure switching over to online school would have been my choice because the real life interaction with kids his age is critical in growth.

    That's my two cents. Carry on and do what's best for you and your family.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/14/2022


  23. #23
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,617
    Betpoints: 1107

    sad we have so many compulsive gamblers that put GAMBLING FIRST AND FAMILY SECOND

  24. #24
    Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-21-15
    Posts: 8,826
    Betpoints: 300

    You obviously didn't want anybody's thoughts, questions or opinions..
    You asked a question with a poll for people to respond and all you are doing is arguing with the various points people bring up..

  25. #25
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,668
    Betpoints: 3279

    Doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me for a short period during covid.

    Resorts are made to be family friendly aren't they? Not sure why everyone acting like you are taking them a strip club or the gambling floor.

    Kids age make a massive difference in the decision for me. But see no harm for a month or two at any age.

  26. #26
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Your kids might like it now, but you need to think big picture.
    It's funny because I just asked the kids if they liked being in hotels and the answer was emphatic YES.

    I wish I would have recorded it and posted it, so people don't think I'm lying.

    I also asked them if there is anything they don't like and older one said nothing but the younger one said sometimes I'm late giving them food and she is absolutely right as when I'm busy as hell working and I have meet a deadline, I have to work and they are a bit behind with their meals.

    I don't know what to say, but my kids aren't very happy with their school for whatever the reason to like staying in hotels better.

    The poll was for 2 years and it's because the COVID situation is kind of dying down except my wife just messaged me this afternoon that everyone at her nursing home is infected and therefore she doesn't think she should come to AC this week.

    Our intention isn't to stay here forever although I could if I wanted to as long as the kids are happy with it. We are looking to move so we can relocate to a better school district.

    The problem we are facing is that we would make a killing selling our house, but I have to spend even more to buy a house in the better school district. Damn, the houses up there are crazy high in comparison to our neighborhood.

    My wife tells me that some of her co-workers did the same, i.e. moved so their kids could go to a better school district, and their kids are struggling as the Council Rock is #1 school district in Pennsylvania and it's probably because it's a full of filthy rich family kids.

    So to me, the financial environment definitely matters whether the kids are learning in school or not, or even how they are taught at home.

    There is no questions that the teachers are better there, but they are paid less. It's no wonder I'm paying over 11K in property taxes when it's only half up there. All poor people in our school district, so the majority of the taxes are being collected out of our development as it's the only rich development in our town.

  27. #27
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me for a short period during covid.

    Resorts are made to be family friendly aren't they? Not sure why everyone acting like you are taking them a strip club or the gambling floor.

    Kids age make a massive difference in the decision for me. But see no harm for a month or two at any age.
    Finally someone with a total common sense.

    My kids are totally shielded from whatever problems there are in AC.

    Honestly, besides some homeless people here and there I see on the roads when I have to switch hotels once a week, I don't see the problems people talking about.

    However, there is a serious drug dealing problems at a Chinese food take-out place. It's really too bad that their food is great as my kids love their food and their price is very reasonable. Otherwise, I would never go there as they are dealing drugs right inside the store.

    They take only cash and I'm scared to death to takeout my folded bills to pay for the food.

    They have a sky cam to monitor the area, but it doesn't matter as it's probably the worst area in AC and the place is called Golden Wok and if anyone ever ordered food from that place, then they would know what I'm talking about.

  28. #28
    kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-14-11
    Posts: 15,961
    Betpoints: 388

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post

    ---They had a plenty of friends in school before we changed it to Cyber. so they don't associate with the other kids physically now.



    to this

    ---My kids have a ton of friends on-line playing Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft. Sure, having an on-line friends is different from physical friends, but they don't seem to care and they are actually quite happy that they have a very small circle of friends whom they talk to and play games together everyday.
    but anyways not my problem
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/24/2022


  29. #29
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckandadime View Post
    You obviously didn't want anybody's thoughts, questions or opinions..
    You asked a question with a poll for people to respond and all you are doing is arguing with the various points people bring up..
    Incorrect, I wanted to see what the majority of the opinions were here and I plan to talk to my wife about them and see what we should do next if it's really harming our kids. As a matter of fact, my wife has an account here, so I'm going to let her read the posts first before we discuss as I don't want my thoughts to influence my wife's decision.

    Initially, we didn't see any problems between me and my wife, but if people bring up valid points that we did not foresee then we would have to reconsider.

    My whole family knows what I'm doing. So does my wife's family.

    Every one of my siblings are professionals and they all have kids. They are all wealthy and only me and my younger brother gamble.

    No one objected to what we are doing and no one said anything negative about it or suggested that we should go home.

    Perhaps, it's a cultural thing as I'm an Asian. Korean to be specific. My wife is Filipino.

  30. #30
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,634
    Betpoints: 2623

    someone asked - how you do laundry?

    how do you make a living to pay bills - all thru gambling?

    if AC was a better place I could understand a little more. there is a ton of scum and danger as people have said.

    the kids like not having their own rooms?

    what is cyber school? is it real school? serious question

  31. #31
    TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 1,506
    Betpoints: 6701

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I beg to differ. Not all gamblers are degenerate; especially if they aren't losing. I know of some pros on another forum and their profession is casino gambling and nothing else and they are making 6 figures income every year doing it. Some only mid to high 5 figures, but that should be more than enough to live on since you don't pay taxes. I pay 50K in taxes every year.
    You may not be a degenerate, but it seems like you are admitting to a crime here.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/14/2022


  32. #32
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,617
    Betpoints: 1107

    Approximately 50% of people had no business being parents

  33. #33
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    but anyways not my problem
    I may be wrong, but this physical interaction between kids could be way overrated.

    My kids are only 1 year apart and they are the best friends to each other.

    My wife's two sisters' families came to visit us back to back for 2 weeks and I got them free hotel rooms for their stays.

    Both sisters have 3 kids each in the age range of my kids.

    They had balls playing together swimming, going to the beach, playing in the biggest arcade anywhere, and eating out every night. Their families didn't want to leave and already asking me when they can come back.

    Just watching their interactions, I didn't see any problems as my kids acted like normal kids goofing around with the other kids.

  34. #34
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,691
    Betpoints: 5868

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Approximately 50% of people had no business being parents
    You don't have any kids, do you?

    I should have made this poll open to people with kids only.

    People without kids wouldn't understand.

    Because I'm watching my kids every waking moment, I can already see my older girl becoming a teenage trouble maker as the way she talks and behaves is changing. I will have to nip that in the bud before it gets bad.

  35. #35
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,322
    Betpoints: 5563

    Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I may be wrong, but this physical interaction between kids could be way overrated.

    My kids are only 1 year apart and they are the best friends to each other.

    My wife's two sisters' families came to visit us back to back for 2 weeks and I got them free hotel rooms for their stays.

    Both sisters have 3 kids each in the age range of my kids.

    They had balls playing together swimming, going to the beach, playing in the biggest arcade anywhere, and eating out every night. Their families didn't want to leave and already asking me when they can come back.

    Just watching their interactions, I didn't see any problems as my kids acted like normal kids goofing around with the other kids.
    How are you getting all these comps ? You say you’re not a degenerate. So you mean to tell me your gambling enough to earn massive comps & simultaneously not losing your ass ?

1234 ... Last
Top