Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Overrated braindead garbage

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

I made it through about 20 minutes and couldn't take no more.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10650

The trailer looked good and it eventually came on i think it was Peacock and i was really excited to see it. Was not very good and was disappointed.

ray499
    ray499's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Agree. Tough watch

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Heard the movie didn't do justice to the fascinating and amazing culture and mythology of these historic people.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

captrobey

Not a ton of great ones out there. I may be alone in this but you know what movie i really liked and it got horrible reviews but i honestly liked it. Not an award winner but i thought a fun solid movie . The 13th Warrior .
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave captrobey 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Trober, yes I was about to mention 13th warrior and recommend it too. You're not alone. We might have to rewatch it and wash the northman shit from our eyes.

Some script /quotes I still remember.

Herger the Joyous:
    Where did you learn our language?
    Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan:
    I listened!

Weath the Musician: Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife!
    Ahmed Ibn Fadlan: [chops a stake with a single stroke] It works.

Thrilla: OMG

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

The old movie "The Long Ships" told a good story of the Vikings and The Islamic civilization at its apex.

Thrilla, when you mentioned the Arabs above it jogged my memory.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Trober, yes I was about to mention 13th warrior and recommend it too. You're not alone. We might have to rewatch it and wash the northman shit from our eyes.

Some script /quotes I still remember.

Herger the Joyous:
    Where did you learn our language?
    Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan:
    I listened!

Weath the Musician: Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife!
    Ahmed Ibn Fadlan: [chops a stake with a single stroke] It works.

Thrilla: OMG
    Cool glad i am not alone in liking this movie. I really cannot see why the reviews were so bad .

Ahmed- Do we have anything resembling a plan ?
    Herger - Yes , Ride until we find them . And kill them all.

Or

Herger to Ahmed after he killed the first creature -- It's allright little brother .... There are more .

The prayer at the end before the final battle the way they did that was cool. And i also thought when they were infiltrating the layer trying to stay unseen was edge of your seat .

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

I try to watch a movie at the theaters each week. Highly recommend "Black Phone".

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Not a ton of great ones out there. I may be alone in this but you know what movie i really liked and it got horrible reviews but i honestly liked it. Not an award winner but i thought a fun solid movie . The 13th Warrior .
    I don't know mate, having Banderas smoke a bunch of Viking Berserkers? I found that a bit silly to be honest. Bersekers we're meant to be pretty fierce Warriors if you look are their history.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-22-22 at 01:25 PM.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I don't know mate, having Banderas smoke a bunch of Viking Berserkers? I found that a bit silly to be honest. Bersekers we're meant to be pretty fierce Warriors if you look are their history.
    I honestly wondered if that was why it got bad reviews most did not think he fit the roll. Its like the movie House with the guy from The greatest American hero . I liked him in that movie but most never bothered to see it because noone thought he was good in that role. About 10 of us went to see it and there was almost noone else in the theatre but every one of us thought it was good. I am not saying House and The 13th Warrior are award winners. But i liked them both and thought they were solid above average movies.I think Banderas was fine he did not wow me but i also did not hate him. I thought all the Warriors were likable. I guess what i am saying is i would not feel my money was wasted if i saw it in a theatre. I would have felt that with the Northman . I really felt on edge when they were trying to infiltrate the lair i thought that was well done . And the prayer at the end right before the final battle when they all started reciting a part in turn i thought was cool in the rain. And i have to give some respect to who killed the head guy it was not Banderas it was who it should have been the most skilled of them all.

Like i said not the greatest movie ever but one that i was pleasantly surprised by the end of way better then i would have expected.