TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ban guns all you want.... it won't stop people from killing another. Stabbings... and strangulation would just increase. Chainsaw deaths might increase too. I'm glad everyone just thought this through

Mysteriously cocaine is an illegal drug.... but people still get their hands on it. Hmmmmmm

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Yes I think so. Although we actually don’t know if they are “ chicks”.
    Well, they were both calling each other Bitch

So I assume they are both females

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Ban guns all you want.... it won't stop people from killing another. Stabbings... and strangulation would just increase. Chainsaw deaths might increase too. I'm glad everyone just thought this through

Mysteriously cocaine is an illegal drug.... but people still get their hands on it. Hmmmmmm
    Japan has banned guns. A country of 100 million they have 12 gun murders per year. In the US we have 12 gun murders every hour.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Japan has banned guns. A country of 100 million they have 12 gun murders per year. In the US we have 12 gun murders every hour.
    Air rifles and shotguns are legal in Japan.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Population control to combat open borders.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

that would be 105k gun murders a year. in reality its more like 10k a year and that went up some with the covid restrictions so the covid restrictions can be blamed for those additional gun murders. of those 10k murders probably around 80% are illegally possessed. so really we have around 2k murders per year by legally owned guns. we have around 1600 murders by knives or sharp objects per year. it seems pretty comparable to me. to say our gun laws need to be stricter because of the amount of murders by legally owned guns is a stretch.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Air rifles and shotguns are legal in Japan.
    This is your counter argument?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Mating call

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    This is your counter argument?
    What do you mean?

I’m not arguing anything. Just making a statement that not all guns are banned in Japan.

DiggityDaggityDo

Not everything is a fight or an argument, Thrilla.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Not everything is a fight or an argument, Thrilla.
    Here is a picture of a pineapple . It is not angry. It is not violent.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

DiggityDaggityDo

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    We never hear about the black on black shootings yet here we are in a thread made specifically for a black on black shooting, and we're discussing black on black shootings
    This is SBR

Do the news outlets talk about them? No

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Ignorance is bliss Opti because you live in Country with very little guns.

I live in a Country where all the bad guys carry and use guns in home robberies, store robberies, etc. Responsible gun owners are wise to carry and conceal especially in the rise of mass shootings.

You don't go to a gun fight with just your good looks and fists like you Opti!
    And still you say more guns and no laws is the best answer.

You're correct that I don't understand.

Responsible gun owners should have no problem with reasonable restrictions to help make access for idiots tougher.

Optional

Australia did not even need to ban guns to get a similar result, just enacted sensible laws. Gun registration, owner licenses, locked storage, no automatics and no mail order sales was about the extent of it.

And we went from 30+ mass shooting in the 20 years before 1996, to none in the 20 years after it.

But somehow laws just wont work in America they say...

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    And still you say more guns and no laws is the best answer.

You're correct that I don't understand.

Responsible gun owners should have no problem with reasonable restrictions to help make access for idiots tougher.
    Since the Vegas shooting in 2017... what has really been done to ban AR-15 and other similar weaponry? Whether the entire ordeal was false flag or not... nothing has been done. Why??? You would have an enormous amount of pissed off citizens.... you mess around taking anything close away to the 2nd Amendment... God help this country. The backlash would be absolutely enormous... this country was built on a Right to Bear Arms. You may get away with men wanting to be a woman... and a woman wanting to be a man... but you take a man's gun away.... it might be open season on this soil for a civil war. Even the government knows this. That's why they haven't done a damn thing yet. They are trying to peacefully wiggle their way around it.... (a feeling out process) but this is something that you can't wiggle around.

TheMoneyShot

Furthermore, when you say restrictions... what else can anyone do? You can practically get a gun anywhere... if you know a drug dealer... that drug dealer can get you a gun. Even if you said ban assault riffles.... ok.... it's not going to stop a psychopath from shooting up a school.

The people who are so against guns at SBR... lol Liberal or whatever you are.... take a good look at your thinking. Is the plan to just pull all guns away??? Without repercussion? You guys haven't weighed anything out at all. Some are just talking out of your ass. The government even knows there's really no way around this. Sure... they've been sizing this up for years. One false move... and they'd lose the entire control of this country faster than you could blink.

Optional

Since the Vegas shooting in 2017... what has really been done to ban AR-15 and other similar weaponry? Whether the entire ordeal was false flag or not... nothing has been done. Why??? You would have an enormous amount of pissed off citizens.... you mess around taking anything close away to the 2nd Amendment... God help this country. The backlash would be absolutely enormous... this country was built on a Right to Bear Arms. You may get away with men wanting to be a woman... and a woman wanting to be a man... but you take a man's gun away.... it might be open season on this soil for a civil war. Even the government knows this. That's why they haven't done a damn thing yet. They are trying to peacefully wiggle their way around it.... (a feeling out process) but this is something that you can't wiggle around.
    I get that but it is still an ideological argument. Not based on looking for the best outcome.

And it's tough to see the problem not getting worse. Is there a point at which you think it is worth mandating user licensing based on need (ie: if it is for personal protection then only a certain class of guns is allowed) and registration of all firearms?

Furthermore, when you say restrictions... what else can anyone do? You can practically get a gun anywhere... if you know a drug dealer... that drug dealer can get you a gun. Even if you said ban assault riffles.... ok.... it's not going to stop a psychopath from shooting up a school.

The people who are so against guns at SBR... lol Liberal or whatever you are.... take a good look at your thinking. Is the plan to just pull all guns away??? Without repercussion? You guys haven't weighed anything out at all. Some are just talking out of your ass. The government even knows there's really no way around this. Sure... they've been sizing this up for years. One false move... and they'd lose the entire control of this country faster than you could blink.
    If you restrict access to guns then prices will rise and availability will decrease.

That will take some guns out of the hands of kids and poor people. That will have some effect don't you think?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Grab the Battery, let's go lol

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I get that but it is still an ideological argument. Not based on looking for the best outcome.

And it's tough to see the problem not getting worse. Is there a point at which you think it is worth mandating user licensing based on need (ie: if it is for personal protection then only a certain class of guns is allowed) and registration of all firearms?

If you restrict access to guns then prices will rise and availability will decrease.

That will take some guns out of the hands of kids and poor people. That will have some effect don't you think?
    The ONLY way restrictions will work would be like this:

You get caught with an illegal gun, you get an instant death sentence. Violence is the only way to deter bad people.

There are probably 400 million guns(maybe even 1/2 a billion) guns in the US. No law abiding gun owner is going to change their views unless you can prove that none of the bad guys have them.
    Points Awarded:

slewfan gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

I have a house full of guns and most that post in the political forum would tell you I'm a liberal but im independent, I don't plan on ever giving up my legal guns.
    That don't mean that something needs to be done to try and at least curb the killings especially the children and to dismiss everything that is suggested definitely is not going to change anything.

There are laws against speeding but people still do it and get tickets when caught, but it still happens ever day, by your logic there should be no speeding laws or laws of any kind because people can still break them, that logic to me don't make sense.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I have a house full of guns and most that post in the political forum would tell you I'm a liberal but im independent, I don't plan on ever giving up my legal guns.
    That don't mean that something needs to be done to try and at least curb the killings especially the children and to dismiss everything that is suggested definitely is not going to change anything.

There are laws against speeding but people still do it and get tickets when caught, but it still happens ever day, by your logic there should be no speeding laws or laws of any kind because people can still break them, that logic to me don't make sense.
    I commend you on the gun stash. I think it's a good thing to have. Would you love someone telling you.... you know... one day... you aren't going to have guns anymore? Would you like that? You'd feel immediately violated. If you give the govt any leeway on this.... they will press more and more to take your freedom away. Right to Bear Arms.

I'm not against more "laws" in regards to a rightfully sane individuals who carry. How on earth do you believe this can be regulated effectively? Again, there's more evil out there than good... who can access them. So, because there's more EVIL... I can't defend my life because of the clowns out there?? That's where it would come to. I think the govt would rather have more citizens defenseless.... for their own gains.

Bitcoin... underground market... you can practically get anything you want. Even your local drug dealer can get you a weapon. I don't see how this could ever be "regulated" properly.... once the govt makes a move.... they'll make more and more moves taking away weapons.

It just goes to show you... if some retard looking dude... like the one in Illinois can get his hands on heavy weaponry... anyone can. No matter what laws you make.... there will be ways around it. And if the laws are too strict.... NRA would get involved and you'd have another war.

The way I look at it is this.... if you can't stop the illegal drugs from killing people.... how can you say... but we can stop the guns? Drugs are a slow death... guns are a quick death. You still die. Come up with a plan to stop the illegal drugs.... and we'll go to more advanced gun control. Then the response will be... well... it's population control... the govt wants people to kill themselves with the illegal drugs. But they don't want people to kill themselves with guns?? It's a pure smoke screen.... to take our weapons away slowly... you allow the govt to take our guns away.... citizens can't effectively defend themselves.

Overall... I wouldn't give our govt any angle to correct this.... otherwise your stash of guns will be gone one day.

My philosophy is simple... people have emotions... people have mental issues... someone is slashing their wrist right now as we speak. There's no way around this. The govt already has a lot of control over us.... and you want to give them more of an angle? It just isn't wise to do.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The ONLY way restrictions will work would be like this:

You get caught with an illegal gun, you get an instant death sentence. Violence is the only way to deter bad people.

There are probably 400 million guns(maybe even 1/2 a billion) guns in the US. No law abiding gun owner is going to change their views unless you can prove that none of the bad guys have them.

Yup!! Spot on post.

Soft on crime never works.

fried cheese
    Update your status

rampage mass shooting deaths are less than 50 a year on average. the assault weapon and high capacity magazine ban from 1994-2004 did little to nothing to save lives. you are talking about 5 lives a year when you compare it to the previous decade before the ban. the columbine shooting happened during this time and in my opinion that shooting popularized these type of killings and is the reason for their growth in numbers over the years since it gave ppl the idea to copy.

all the studies on the wiki for the federal assault weapons ban say that there was no significant decrease in gun homicides during that period since very few ppl were killed by assault weapons anyways.

there are so many things you could ban that would save more than a handful of lives per year. if the national news focused on every child that drowned in a pool like they do with mass shootings then think of all the restrictions we would have on swimming and pool ownership. way more children die from swimming pools than school shootings. im sure more children die from driving to and from school than from school shootings.

captrobey

The problem is if you take all the guns away the criminals will still have them and noone can protect themselves. There was a story today where 2 black teens tried to steal a car with toddlers still in it. The father shot them both and stopped them.I do not think he killed either of them though.I think though not everyone can just have a gun. I think only certain people can carry ones with no criminal records and a good history .

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18977

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    that would be 105k gun murders a year. in reality its more like 10k a year and that went up some with the covid restrictions so the covid restrictions can be blamed for those additional gun murders. of those 10k murders probably around 80% are illegally possessed. so really we have around 2k murders per year by legally owned guns. we have around 1600 murders by knives or sharp objects per year. it seems pretty comparable to me. to say our gun laws need to be stricter because of the amount of murders by legally owned guns is a stretch.
    Your math is correct. It would be 12 US gun murders every 10 hours or so. Adjusting for comparative population sizes it would be 12 US gun murders every 26.5 hours. If I take your 'legally owned guns' statement and multiply the time by 5 it's 12 US gun murders every 5 and a half days. That would still be 66 times the rate of Japanese gun murders. Good luck with that.

captrobey

You really want to see the % go down. I know what would do it. And it has nothing to do with the amount of guns out there. Stop protecting the criminals more then the victims. Stop giving criminals a slap on the wrist for a violent crime. Stop arresting citizens that shoot a worthless pos defending themselves trying to keep from getting robbed or raped. Change the law that if someone breaks into your home and it is proven they are there to rob or home invade you- these pos get ZERO laws on their side and the homeowner gets 100% . No more crap where you have to be in danger to defend your own home. If you make it where someone breaks into your home with intent to harm or steal and you are able to remove his head and chop it up and feed it to the dog next door , as barbaric as that sounds guess what. You made the world a better place by removing the worthless stain but more importantly if criminals knew they could have that happen instead of a damn slap on the wrist then i promise you it will reduce the amount of home break ins considerably.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Your math is correct. It would be 12 US gun murders every 10 hours or so. Adjusting for comparative population sizes it would be 12 US gun murders every 26.5 hours. If I take your 'legally owned guns' statement and multiply the time by 5 it's 12 US gun murders every 5 and a half days. That would still be 66 times the rate of Japanese gun murders. Good luck with that.
    i would argue that japan vs america murders shows that murder is a cultural problem more than a weapon problem. if it were just a weapon problem then we should see similar murder rate in japan to america with non firearm homicides.

from google the top search result shows that japan had 318 intentional homicides in 2020. i dont know how accurate this number is but wiki also gives a similar intentional homicide rate to that at .3 per 100,000.

america has roughly 4k murders per year that are not by firearms from fbi stats. that would be around a 1.2 murder rate and is about twice the rate of legal firearm murders. that number would surely rise if no one had access to guns, but it is already around 4x the rate of japans total intentional homicides.

japanese ppl on youtube say how they are heavily indoctrinated to conform and obey authority throughout their life. apparently hardly anyone even jaywalks or litters in japan.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I only have one gun. I believe when you need to protect youself you only need one as you cannot fire multiple guns with one hand. However, if I was a gun collector I would have accumulated much more. The people who shouldn't have AR-15 shouldn't be allowed to buy them. The Highland Park's shooter threatened to kill everyone including his parents many times and the police came to the house. What did his dad do? He cosigns for him to buy an AR-15. If my fukking son threatens to kill me I'm not going to buy him guns. How more fukking stupid do you have to be? So yes most gun owners like yourself are sane and responsible with guns. But is the 1% of the crazy ones that are doing the mass shootings. There needs to be a way for these people to be prevented from owing guns. I have no problem with a new amendment to the constitution that prohibits crazy people from owning guns. Such a measure will ensure the responisble gun owners rights are not infringed.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 07-11-22 at 06:04 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Need to encourage the youthful black population to stay in school. Stay away from Rapping,Tats, drug selling and a life of street crime (robbing and stealing). Doing licks that gives you an instant felony on your record. Fathers need to stick around and be a positive roll model also in their lives. Be responsible for kids you bring into this world.

Once these kids hit the streets and start hanging around older thugs in the hoods it's game over for them. That's keeping it real.

captrobey

Degenerate Mike
    Degenerate Mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

All I can say is...."Bitch you sorry?!!"

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    rampage mass shooting deaths are less than 50 a year on average. the assault weapon and high capacity magazine ban from 1994-2004 did little to nothing to save lives. you are talking about 5 lives a year when you compare it to the previous decade before the ban. the columbine shooting happened during this time and in my opinion that shooting popularized these type of killings and is the reason for their growth in numbers over the years since it gave ppl the idea to copy.

all the studies on the wiki for the federal assault weapons ban say that there was no significant decrease in gun homicides during that period since very few ppl were killed by assault weapons anyways.

there are so many things you could ban that would save more than a handful of lives per year. if the national news focused on every child that drowned in a pool like they do with mass shootings then think of all the restrictions we would have on swimming and pool ownership. way more children die from swimming pools than school shootings. im sure more children die from driving to and from school than from school shootings.
    Now that's a creative spin on thigs.

Less than 50 dead per year your source says does it.

Here is another one counting more than 50 every month this year.

Given there has been more than 300 different mass shooting incidents already in 2022, I'm pretty sure I know which source sounds out of their freakin mind

Month Mass shootings Total number dead(including the shooters) Total number wounded(including the shooters) Occurred at a school or university Occurred at a place of worship
    January 41 59 128 0 0
    February 43 40 174 1 1
    March 52 47 217 0 0
    April 66 75 271 1 0
    May 67 87 324 1 1
    June 68 80 281 0 0
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
    Total 337 387 1,405 3 2
    Source:[404]

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Workers are getting sick of the loud mouth non working freaks. Shot her arse!

First 1234 Last