dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    He literally said this in his post "Covid vax we were told it prevents getting covid and spreading it. It does neither.

Yeah, that is not a cure, that's a vaccine.

As for your comment that it may turn out it actually harmed instead of helped, I could use that same voodoo logic and say that maybe in the future, one day, at an unknown time it may be proven that people who didnt have the vaccine and got covid multiple times will see that they are more prone to brain disorders.
    de effects.

That's cute, except there is actual evidence now of side effects.
    As for paying big pharma....this is where you draw the line on money? We dump money on fake wars, we dump money bailing out banks, we dump money on unfair tax cuts for the rich, we gave money to airlines who had horrible financials and now they are still cancelling flights, etc, etc, etc. If you want to call out spending then lets make sure you call out spending for both parties.

I agree on all of that except the tax cuts being bad. Criticizing one way the government has wasted money is not "drawing the line". Any time I criticize one waste of money I don't have to mention all the other wastes of money.
    Covid also started when Republicans were in office and in control of the Senate and they were the first to make mistakes. Undeniable.

Oh please elaborate on this "narrative".

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    It does prevent covid for a percentage of people, hence the efficacy rate. He was saying it doesn’t

There’s side effects for every single health treatment. Let me know when it falls outside of the norm. I don’t see 300 million people with these side effects.
    I mean Christ sone people die from taking Tylenol.

So tax cuts specially designed to benefit people making 250k or more is good for society? You think people who make millions of dollars should have a net tax effect of zero?

I’m not sure about what you need me to elaborate on the narrative. Covid happened, president was Republican, senate was Republican majority and together the first stimulus package was designed by them. Also with these majorities they could have led the way to implement the things you wanted, they didn’t. They are at fault just as much. One could argue monkey see monkey do. Republicans led the way and the democrats followed once they were the majority

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4291

Actually i believe Trump first said it was safe. But thats just semantics for you right? Also if you are listening to any president either way for your medical advice than thats idiotic.

As for it being safe, I'm vaccinnated like hundreds of millions of people. Let me know when 200 million people die and then you'll have an argument
    Please get the new booster !

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post
    Please get the new booster !
    Already got the new booster. Almost everyone at work recently got Covid but it somehow skipped me. Imagine that. I'm a Type 2 diabetic so I'm sure having a good diet helps my immune system but aside from one mild case of Covid a year ago, I've been fine.

Just relating my own personal experience here. Your experience may be different. It's your body, do with it as you wish.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

I have all 4 shots and i will get the Booster when available next week here in Iowa. Yes i think it is right for me and i don't lecture other people, during this whole 2 years i think everyone should have the right to choose if it is for them or not!

dlowilly

It does prevent covid for a percentage of people, hence the efficacy rate. He was saying it doesn’t
    I don't think you read the article. It's looking like it doesn't, and even may increase infection rates.
    There’s side effects for every single health treatment. Let me know when it falls outside of the norm. I don’t see 300 million people with these side effects.
    I mean Christ sone people die from taking Tylenol.

Ok, sure. But no one forces you to take Tylenol or lose your job.

So tax cuts specially designed to benefit people making 250k or more is good for society? You think people who make millions of dollars should have a net tax effect of zero?

I've yet to come across a tax break that has a minimum income requirement.

I’m not sure about what you need me to elaborate on the narrative. Covid happened, president was Republican, senate was Republican majority and together the first stimulus package was designed by them. Also with these majorities they could have led the way to implement the things you wanted, they didn’t. They are at fault just as much. One could argue monkey see monkey do. Republicans led the way and the democrats followed once they were the majority

But what "mistakes are you referring to? Dems willfully went against available data and destroyed the economy and lives. They passed trillions in "COVID relief" bills that were rife with fraud and full of unrelated progressive wish list items. They shut down the cornerstone of science, the freedom and necessity to have dissenting views, yet claimed they were "Science" and those that said otherwise were spreading mis- and disinformation.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave dlowilly 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

I won't take a vaccine shot or booster shot ever after getting Covid 2 times now. It sucked and I got really sick this last time around. Still lingering a bit but I beat it again. No regrets.

I believe in natural immunity with this Covid crap. It's not as deadly as the fake news makes it out to believe. Shutting down the economy for over year was such a joke and mistake. Shutting down schools was even worse as our kids today are dumb retards now.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I won't take a vaccine shot or booster shot ever after getting Covid 2 times now. It sucked and I got really sick this last time around. Still lingering a bit but I beat it again. No regrets.

I believe in natural immunity with this Covid crap. It's not as deadly as the fake news makes it out to believe. Shutting down the economy for over year was such a joke and mistake. Shutting down schools was even worse as our kids today are dumb retards now.
    Serious question and I’m probably so stupid for asking but I’m going to anyway.
    If you’ve gotten it twice already and the second time it was bad why would you get the vaccine just to avoid having it be as bad if you get it a third time. Ultimately is it because one day you’re worried that the vaccine is going to kill everyone? If so do you think 200 million people are going to be wiped off the earth?

Separate from that shutting down our schools is the least of the education problem for kids today. Kids are stupid because our society(adults) value our childrens education last in terms of our tax money. We care about our self more than children and we paid teachers so bad that the most intelligent people who could be teaching our children aren’t because they don’t want to make 50k a year and live in poverty. Instead we get teachers that barely get through college and aren’t smart enough to be professors.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

First class, Dlowilly

Lmao. These guys are retards. Losers their entire lives.

goduke

1. Send the article link
    2. I was under the impression that most if not all places have gotten rid of the mandatory vaccine requirement and that people who were let go like some hospital people have actually gotten settlements. And even if it was required I mean in all seriousness hundreds of millions have gotten it, if we all die the world is going to pretty much crumble anyway, not sure it’s going to be a place worth living.
    3. While there is not a law that specifically says you must make this much to get a tax cut or tax break some that benefit rich:
    A. Corporate tax rate slashed from 35% to 21% in 2017
    B. 20% tax deduction on certain pass through income that benefits businesses.
    There’s more, you can find them pretty easy
    4. We aren’t going to agree on this one based on your response and it might be a waste to discuss. I will post my thoughts but you are going to not believe them based on your strong political lean. It’s ok we will stick with the first three

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4063

Six of us in our office. I had 3 shots, the others unvaccinated. Covid swept through and I was the only one not to get it. That being said, I don't trust the long term effects of the vaccine. I had to take it because I couldn't visit family members in facilities without it.

dlowilly

Separate from that shutting down our schools is the least of the education problem for kids today. Kids are stupid because our society(adults) value our childrens education last in terms of our tax money. We care about our self more than children and we paid teachers so bad that the most intelligent people who could be teaching our children aren’t because they don’t want to make 50k a year and live in poverty. Instead we get teachers that barely get through college and aren’t smart enough to be professors.
    If there is any absolutely indisputable data out there on education it's that increased funding does not equal better scholastic performance. Also, teachers get about 3 months off, weekends, and several breaks and holidays, and work 7 hours a day with an hr lunch break.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    First class, Dlowilly

Lmao. These guys are retards. Losers their entire lives.
    I thought I told you to get lost loser troll

dlowilly

1. Send the article link

Post #13
    2. I was under the impression that most if not all places have gotten rid of the mandatory vaccine requirement and that people who were let go like some hospital people have actually gotten settlements. And even if it was required I mean in all seriousness hundreds of millions have gotten it, if we all die the world is going to pretty much crumble anyway, not sure it’s going to be a place worth living.

Yeah but only in the face of overwhelming evidence they fuked up. Damage was already done, and settlements just solidify that they did fuk up like I said. The last part of "well hundreds of millions got it" is weird logic.
    3. While there is not a law that specifically says you must make this much to get a tax cut or tax break some that benefit rich:
    A. Corporate tax rate slashed from 35% to 21% in 2017

Corporations are not people. Corporate tax is a double tax that just flows down to consumers who have to pay more for products.
    B. 20% tax deduction on certain pass through income that benefits businesses.

Once again you're talking about businesses. In the post I referred to earlier you were talking about "people who made more than 250k" which is not what you are talking about now.
    There’s more, you can find them pretty easy

Not really. The only one that stands out to me is the carried interest loophole for fund managers. It applies to anyone doing that, not just those who make over 250k. Unfortunately that was not reformed because they donated millions to Democrats like Schumer and Kirsten Sinema, the latter of which demanded it's reform be taken out of the most recent package or she wouldn't vote for it. Honestly, I'm all for lower taxes for everyone and a shrinking government. I think if fund managers can get long term tax rates, there should be no short term gains rates for anyone really.
    4. We aren’t going to agree on this one based on your response and it might be a waste to discuss. I will post my thoughts but you are going to not believe them based on your strong political lean. It’s ok we will stick with the first three

Ok

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4291

lil girlie voice attention whore air bettor, gets laughed at from every forum he has ever been on.

The PMS from his new site are hilarious They all troll him like a little bytch.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post
    Another libtard .. Polio vax actually prevents polio .. Its a Vaccine that went through trials and was approved.

It works ,it prevents getting polio.

Covid vax we were told it prevents getting covid and spreading it. It does neither.

It was never approved like people were told. The approved covid vax will never be used. Everything that is being injected is still EAU use . Most don't know that.

Anyone that took the vax is part of the biggest experiment in history.

And the data coming out is devastating to those vaxxed.
    Yes Dr. Salk did a great job with the Polio Vax!

This Vax we have now was rushed thru faster than any in history, that was what POTUS Trump said, when taking credit for pushing it thru and bragging what a great job he had done!! Great job Trump!! Fastest vax in history!!

jackpot269

I don't think you read the article, and if you did you must not have understood it at all!!

jackpot269

Thanks for the link but did you read the whole article the part about why those numbers are most likely misleading

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Nothing is 100% , except death.

Trust science, or take a chance on a leg-up in protection from viruses, or don't. I prefer an advantage.

To assume my immune system is super special and can fend off unpredictable and ever-changing viruses, would be extremely obtuse.

1957 Issue of The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...accine/303946/

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

The American media keeps putting it's toes and fingers in all the growing holes in the dyke stifling the truth but the reality of the vax side effects is geting out internationally if you know where to look.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Serious question and I’m probably so stupid for asking but I’m going to anyway.
    If you’ve gotten it twice already and the second time it was bad why would you get the vaccine just to avoid having it be as bad if you get it a third time. Ultimately is it because one day you’re worried that the vaccine is going to kill everyone? If so do you think 200 million people are going to be wiped off the earth?

Well my thinking is there is a chance the vaccines can harm you as proven in some and also they wear off in about 6 months so what's the point if you already beat Covid naturally?

I think natural immunity wears off also with Covid as evidenced with me. A year ago I had Covid and powered thru it with in a weeks time. Now I have it again and got ruined for 10 days and long Covid effects after 3 weeks that are still screwing with me a little bit now.

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

My neighbor who was only 50 died because of the vaccine just dropped dead.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    My neighbor who was only 50 died because of the vaccine just dropped dead.
    You got the autopsy and death certificate? Also since this would be a story let me know where this link is. 100% sure this statement is legit

goduke

If there is any absolutely indisputable data out there on education it's that increased funding does not equal better scholastic performance. Also, teachers get about 3 months off, weekends, and several breaks and holidays, and work 7 hours a day with an hr lunch break.
    You could give them a million days off it wouldn’t matter they don’t make that much and that job is not desirable. Funding would increase the pay along with many other areas.
    You’re not going to recruit intelligent people for a garbage salary just because of days off.
    Also take a drive around your state one time and look at the schools and go in, we’ve got buildings all over this country with the most advanced technology and yet in these same places the schools haven’t been touched since the 70s/80s

dlowilly

You could give them a million days off it wouldn’t matter they don’t make that much and that job is not desirable. Funding would increase the pay along with many other areas.
    You’re not going to recruit intelligent people for a garbage salary just because of days off.
    Also take a drive around your state one time and look at the schools and go in, we’ve got buildings all over this country with the most advanced technology and yet in these same places the schools haven’t been touched since the 70s/80s
    Once again, there isn't a shortage of funding and the pay isn't the problem.

A lot of public schools are full of kids from dumb single parents and illegals who don't speak English at home.

Throwing money at that and expecting results is like buying a fat dwarf the most expensive Nikes and expecting him to start dunking.

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3078

Increased funding isn't necessarily going to correlate into higher performance but where do you get teachers get about 3 months off? Is that without breaks and holidays because then you are off by a month. Granted the work day is 7 hours long but there are a lot of teachers that spend more than 7 hours a day. If they're smart, they work through lunch too. Most of them though do bring work home or stay after to do their work and work on the weekends. It's not like a 9-5 job.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Once again, there isn't a shortage of funding and the pay isn't the problem.

A lot of public schools are full of kids from dumb single parents and illegals who don't speak English at home.

Throwing money at that and expecting results is like buying a fat dwarf the most expensive Nikes and expecting him to start dunking.

America spends far more money on education than any other country in the world. Much more. They are also near the bottom as far as educated students go. Some school boards want to scrap testing and math because they are both racist. They have teachers talking about trans and pronouns rather than teaching the basics. Its a disturbing trend that will continue to ensure the downfall of the US.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by teacher10 View Post
    Increased funding isn't necessarily going to correlate into higher performance but where do you get teachers get about 3 months off? Is that without breaks and holidays because then you are off by a month. Granted the work day is 7 hours long but there are a lot of teachers that spend more than 7 hours a day. If they're smart, they work through lunch too. Most of them though do bring work home or stay after to do their work and work on the weekends. It's not like a 9-5 job.
    Dblowilly is a total idiot. Being married to a teacher for 20 years, I’ve never seen a harder worker. Long hours, long days and nights. No teacher gets an hour lunch break. It’s amazing how stupid some of these people are when it comes to a teachers schedule. Bunch of idiots. Imagine having Dblowilly as a student. Jesus.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

America spends far more money on education than any other country in the world. Much more. They are also near the bottom as far as educated students go. Some school boards want to scrap testing and math because they are both racist. They have teachers talking about trans and pronouns rather than teaching the basics. Its a disturbing trend that will continue to ensure the downfall of the US.
    Idiot. When is the last time you’ve been in an American classroom. You don’t even live in America. Fake twitter is where you get your news. Dopey fuxvk.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Idiot. When is the last time you’ve been in an American classroom. You don’t even live in America. Fake twitter is where you get your news. Dopey fuxvk.
    When was the last time you were in an American classroom? Never mind, it makes no different because its irrelevant to what I said. Just like commenting of a football game played in a different State or a soccer game played in a different country. Its sad how little you know about the country you live in and brag about it. LOL.

You have no people skills at all. All you do is make up shit and attack people.

dlowilly

Not "isn't necessarily going to correlate", it doesn't at all, at least the data has shown that in lower performing schools where most of the increase in funding has gone.

Yeah, the 3 months would include the breaks.

Teachers only need a bachelor's degree and get retirement benefits much better than private sector workers. The bringing work home or staying after narrative can be said for a lot of professions.

People want to say teachers get 30 minute lunch breaks, but that isn't taking in to account the daily preparation period which is usually just before or just after the lunch break. I'm sure there are plenty of teachers out there who hustle and spend half their lunch break working, but there are at least just as many who are milking every minute. Then you have the 5 or 6 5-10 minute breaks in between periods, the average 1 test or quiz per day which is basically another work period for the teacher while the students take the test, etc.

Look, I'm not looking to criticize teachers, although many should be criticized for the way they conducted themselves around covid the last few years. They probably do work hard for a government worker. When you take all this into account though they really aren't underpaid, and offering higher pay has been shown unlikely to make an educational difference. Teacher's are offered large increases in pay to work in lower performing schools yet it has had no effect on testing scores.

DwightShrute

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3078

Not "isn't necessarily going to correlate", it doesn't at all, at least the data has shown that in lower performing schools where most of the increase in funding has gone.

Yeah, the 3 months would include the breaks.

Teachers only need a bachelor's degree and get retirement benefits much better than private sector workers. The bringing work home or staying after narrative can be said for a lot of professions.

People want to say teachers get 30 minute lunch breaks, but that isn't taking in to account the daily preparation period which is usually just before or just after the lunch break. I'm sure there are plenty of teachers out there who hustle and spend half their lunch break working, but there are at least just as many who are milking every minute. Then you have the 5 or 6 5-10 minute breaks in between periods, the average 1 test or quiz per day which is basically another work period for the teacher while the students take the test, etc.

Look, I'm not looking to criticize teachers, although many should be criticized for the way they conducted themselves around covid the last few years. They probably do work hard for a government worker. When you take all this into account though they really aren't underpaid, and offering higher pay has been shown unlikely to make an educational difference. Teacher's are offered large increases in pay to work in lower performing schools yet it has had no effect on testing scores.
    To start off with yes, a teacher needs a bachelor's degree but also required to obtain a masters degree within 3 or 5 years depending on the state where you teach. So unless, you continue your education while working full time, you'll need to find a different profession after the time is up.

You said before that teachers only "work 7 hours a day with an hr lunch break." which is not true at all.

Dlo, I would really like for you to be a teacher for an year and determine if what you said above still holds true. I can't even respond to the 30 minute lunch breaks and then the minute-to-minute breaks we have in between classes. I feel like you have everything scripted in a school day that you read from a book.

You're not looking to criticize teachers but then you said many should be criticized. Please explain what did these educators do to conduct themselves the wrong way during the pandemic.

You can't just wave a magic wand and throw money in the most poorest districts. There's so many factors that also needs to happen that goes hand-in-hand. Encouraging experienced teachers to work there with an increased in pay is just one factor. Another factor, the way the school is structured, disciplined, and community/family support. How many schools that are underperforming have no parental involvement. If parents aren't being involved in their child's education, they'll begin to learn that their education simply isn't that important either.
    Points Awarded:

vitterd gave teacher10 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlowilly

To start off with yes, a teacher needs a bachelor's degree but also required to obtain a masters degree within 3 or 5 years depending on the state where you teach. So unless, you continue your education while working full time, you'll need to find a different profession after the time is up.

This is very misleading. Only 3 states require a teacher to eventually require a masters degree, and the big reason most get one but don't have to is the salary increase, which then ties in to the issue of pay which we have been discussing.

You said before that teachers only "work 7 hours a day with an hr lunch break." which is not true at all.

Unless I'm mistaken, public schools avg. a bit less than a 7 hr day. Teachers get designated free time per day. In some places there is a legal classification of it being a lunch break, but either way they get at least an avg of an hr per day of free time.

Dlo, I would really like for you to be a teacher for an year and determine if what you said above still holds true. I can't even respond to the 30 minute lunch breaks and then the minute-to-minute breaks we have in between classes. I feel like you have everything scripted in a school day that you read from a book.

I realize there is a wide range of how teachers use their time, but I am only saying there is that time. Those several minute breaks between classes may not sound like much, but we are assessing hrs worked here, and if the avg break is 7 minutes (classes end early sometimes) and there are 5 or 6 of those per day that has to be accounted for.

You're not looking to criticize teachers but then you said many should be criticized. Please explain what did these educators do to conduct themselves the wrong way during the pandemic.

They put their union membership ahead of the needs of the children. Many children have been deeply affected in countless ways so teachers could fly in the face of data and say they were in too grave of danger to return to teaching school.

You can't just wave a magic wand and throw money in the most poorest districts. There's so many factors that also needs to happen that goes hand-in-hand. Encouraging experienced teachers to work there with an increased in pay is just one factor. Another factor, the way the school is structured, disciplined, and community/family support. How many schools that are underperforming have no parental involvement. If parents aren't being involved in their child's education, they'll begin to learn that their education simply isn't that important either.

Yeah but most of that is a chicken or the egg argument, and the egg looks like the winner. You can put the best basketball shoes money can buy on a fat dwarf, pay Lebron to coach him, get a personal trainer to get him in shape, and surround him with parents and family who support him. He still ain't dunking.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-05-22 at 09:27 PM.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave dlowilly 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

vitterd

You really are educating these fools what it is to be a teacher. None of these clowns could handle their work. They send their dopey kids in there acting like Dlow and Dwight and expect teachers to work magic. The most underpaid profession in the world are teachers.

First 12345 Last