1. #106
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    They don’t go to MIT to teach kids because the pay sucks. And a smarter person does make a better teacher. That’s like saying a smarter person doesn’t make a better doctor.
    As for your football comparison, you are comparing coaching adults to coaching children so it’s a flawed comparison
    Also you are basing your whole argument on the stigma that teaching the youth is lower tier which one of the reasons for this is because of the pay. Again your statements basically have proven my point that we don’t value education as a society so we won’t pay to bring our youth to the level of education they should have
    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The article is based off statistics of the education system as it is today. I’m talking about overhauling it and running it to where success is the determining factor. Brightest people guiding the youth. But again this won’t happen because we don’t value education as a society due to the inherent selfish nature and short term vision of many tax payers which was my original point that still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    You wonder why a lot of private schools work then right? More money, better teachers, better quality. Hmmmm
    You can toss all the Costco sized word salad you want to.

    From the article, Utah schools perform better than NY schools, and Utah spends 7k per student (the least in the country) while NY spends 22k per student (the most in the country). Try to rationalize that to your theories and proposals.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  2. #107
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    You can toss all the Costco sized word salad you want to.

    From the article, Utah schools perform better than NY schools, and Utah spends 7k per student (the least in the country) while NY spends 22k per student (the most in the country). Try to rationalize that to your theories and proposals.
    I donít need to it has nothing to do with my original point. But just speaking in terms of dollars itís going to cost more in nyc than Utah everytime.
    I donít care though because it has nothing to do with my statement. Spending money on notebooks doesnít solve our lack of true care for education.

  3. #108
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    You wonder why a lot of private schools work then right? More money, better teachers, better quality. Hmmmm
    Private school teachers get paid well below public school teachers on avg.

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I don’t need to it has nothing to do with my original point. But just speaking in terms of dollars it’s going to cost more in nyc than Utah everytime.
    I don’t care though because it has nothing to do with my statement. Spending money on notebooks doesn’t solve our lack of true care for education.
    You are constantly wrong, get constantly shown you're wrong, yet constantly deflect and deny.

    It's sad but expected.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  4. #109
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 91,351
    Betpoints: 3250

    You want to get covid. Get the vaccine. You want to die. Get the boosters.
    Points Awarded:

    19th Hole gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot, and firstclass

  5. #110
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,705
    Betpoints: 6386

    Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    The other day there was an all day marathon of Welcome back, Kotter. on antenna tv.

    One of the episodes was about how low teacher pay was. Kotter was saying that the people that worked doing the fares in the subways made more than him, and the toll booth workers, and the guys at the local deli. He explained how many hours he spent working on grading and preparing next days assignments at his apartment each night.

    At one point in the episode Washington showed Kotter a newspaper in class and said that it showed teachers make 19k a yr. Kotter said "let me see that?" he looked at it and joked "That's in San Francisco. Of course they make that much there, they have to have hazard pay for all the earthquakes." I paraphrased, but it was close to that remark.

    Bottom line, is that teachers don't make some absurd unreasonable amount of money, especially for all the BS they have to put up with.

    Having an educated society - even at the most basic, bare minimum - should be expected and excepted across the board.

    The average person, or couple, can't afford private school education tuition, much less the ability, time, and costs, to transport their child or children to the school(s.)

    The 2 biggest all male private catholic schools near me, are over 15k a yr in just tuition. There's numerous other added costs.

    And 2 or 3 of the largest all female ones are in same range.

    Even on a low end a lot of the catholic schools are still about 1-12k a yr just for tuition.

    Now, there are a crapload of tiny Baptist based church-schools scattered everywhere. And some small Jewish Temple schools, and some non-denomination general Christian based schools around the city and state.

    There's a baptist church-school near me - been around for years - seems to always have more students in K-5, and in middle school it drops and by HS, they barely have any students. Seems like every year the average graduating class is 5 students, or less.

    It's pretty cheap. I think just under 3k a yr for K-8, and HS just under 4k - but still have to transport your kid(s) to and from. There's no school bus system.
    But, i've met, and or known or worked , with people that graduated from there, or at least went there from like K-8 - and they are or were, some of the dumbest, gullible, simple-minded type of people. Not necessarily mean or angry type of people, but actually passive, sweet and kind type of people - but yet, so damn simple and plain. Just don't get sarcasm, nor know who some of the worlds most popular celebs are, or super common popular movies from current or the past.

    This idea of some sort of "liberal" indoctrination is not new. It's been being said for 100 yrs. from the public schools to public and private colleges. It's just that in each passing decade as the Country grows and becomes a more and more diverse Country overall, that the bigots have to create and find something new, or particular, to raise hell about in order to try and destroy the public school system.

    It just sucks that it never stops with people zeroing in on different groups to use as targets.

    Over the course of the Country's history it's been everything from natives, the chinese, irish, italians, polish, the blacks, to hispanics/latinos, and even sub-genres of any of the aforementioned, and now the lgbtq+, or more specific the transgendered.

    The under 18 population of this country is about 22% or 73 million. Lgbtq+ as a whole is estimated around 7.5% of the total population.

    The whole trans and non-binary population is estimated at 1.6 million. And for 13-17 about 300k. So that means there's probably 20 million or so students in HS - so 300k for trans and non-binary in that age range, is such an insignificant number for people to be worked up over.

    Here's another thought:

    "In 2021, around 91.6 percent of women had graduated high school or had obtained a higher educational degree in the United States. This is an increase from 1960, when 42.5 percent of women in the U.S. had graduated from high school or above."

    I read, or see videos or clips from tik-tok and Instagram of these so-called "real woman" or "proud maga christian mom" who brag about being servants to their husbands and home-schooling their kids.

    As much as a small part of this country's population wants to transform the whole Country into some handmaid's tale, flag worshipping, forced prayer, forced church(and I have no idea what version of christianity this will be based on), zero taxes(i hear it all the time, not sure how people like Cruz, Lindsey, MTG and Boebert plan to get paid) , closed borders, zero imports, only exports, and on and on with outrageous demands or ideologies - their fantasy dreams will never happen.

    Trying to get rid of everyone except white northern european bloodlines, all while taking women out of the workforce and embracing some home-schooled based system - surely won't shrink the economy.

    A whole lot of people haven't thought their simplistic nationalism tribal-esque utopian plans all the way out.
    ----
    Wow L'Kid..
    Keep your head in the sand while the kids watch drag queens and the boys come home with their balls in a box.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  6. #111
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,705
    Betpoints: 6386

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You want to get covid. Get the vaccine. You want to die. Get the boosters.
    ----
    Quote of the day.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  7. #112
    bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-12
    Posts: 2,116
    Betpoints: 2528

    With no vaccination, my employer fired me 5 months ago. I had to scramble to find odd job to replace my $100k public servant job. While struggling to support my family for last 5 months, I told myself that I won't get the jab. Meantime, I saw young ones die around me, some were between age of 30 and 50. Finally, my employer recalled me month ago because of the vaccine mandate policy changes. Do you know 5 Toronto doctors died in the span of 3 weeks, youngest was 27-years-old and oldest was 50-some? They all took jabs. Many say I took all the shots and nothing happened to them. Well, it's a wild west. It affects some while some do not show up anything. In 5 yrs, we all want to see your health status. You never know what's in the jab.
    Points Awarded:

    19th Hole gave bhoor 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: StratPlayer

  8. #113
    jackpot269
    You are blind to the truth
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 9,334
    Betpoints: 6849

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You want to get covid. Get the vaccine. You want to die. Get the boosters.
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but it get'em don't get"em, we all going to die, if history has taught us nothing else this one has always stood

  9. #114
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,705
    Betpoints: 6386

    Fauci: ‘We Don’t Have Time’ to Run Clinical Trials for Updated Boosters



    National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci testifies before the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee about the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Dirksen Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill in Washington on Nov. 4, 2021. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

    By Zachary Stieber
    September 9, 2022


    Dr. Anthony Fauci is claiming that there was not enough time to wait for clinical trial data before clearing updated COVID-19 booster shots.

    “We don’t have time to do a clinical trial because we need to get the vaccine out now,” Fauci said on CBC this week, pointing to how about 400 Americans are dying per day with COVID-19 and thousands of others are in hospitals with the disease.

    The updated boosters, made by Pfizer and Moderna, were authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Aug. 31 and subsequently recommended for virtually all Americans 12 and older by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

    Both shots contain elements of the Wuhan, BA.4, and BA.5 virus variants. No human data was or is available for the formulations. Pfizer and Moderna presented data on preclinical testing, done on mice. They also referenced human data for a different formulation, combinations of the Wuhan and BA.1 strains.

    Since BA.5 is the dominant variant in the United States, “you have every reason to believe that [the updated formulation] is going to be better than having a vaccine that isn’t highly specific to the circulating strain,” Fauci said. “That hasn’t been proven in a clinical trial,” he acknowledged.

    Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, isn’t part of the U.S. regulatory or recommendation process on vaccines but his comments are followed closely by millions of Americans. The institute he heads runs clinical trials and does other work.


    Fauci was echoing other top U.S. officials, including CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

    Walensky said on “Conversations on Health Care” during a segment broadcast on Aug. 29 that waiting for human data would leave the boosters outdated.

    “If we wait for those data to emerge in human data, not just mice data, we will be using what I would consider to be a potentially outdated vaccine,” she said.

    Officials have been hedging, though, on how well they think the boosters will work.

    “The idea here is not just to increase the antibodies right now, but also to hopefully give us a longer duration of protection because the hope here is not to have to give lots of vaccines each year,” Dr. Peter Marks, a top FDA vaccine official, told reporters in a call after the agency authorized the boosters.
    ~~~


    Dr. Harvey Risch, professor emeritus of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, in New York on July 7, 2022. (Bao Qiu)‘Reckless’


    Dr. Harvey Risch, a professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, said that Fauci’s comments were “reckless” in light of the fact that regulators didn’t rush to have vaccine companies update the vaccines during previous periods, such as when the Delta variant was dominant in 2021.

    He also criticized Walensky’s remarks, pointing to how the CDC’s variant monitoring shows that BA.4.6, which is not part of the updated boosters, is growing in proportion in recent weeks.

    “By the time that a supposed new winter wave of infections would occur in late November or December, it will likely be BA.4.6 and the new booster will be outdated anyway,” Risch told The Epoch Times via email.

    Even if BA.5 were still dominant in the future, the duration of benefit will likely not be much better than the current booster, which only provides an increase in protection for several weeks, Risch added, referencing a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

    Data the CDC presented during a recent meeting also showed that vaccine effectiveness is down significantly against Omicron and its subvariants, which include BA.4.6 and BA.5, including against severe disease.

    While some experts have said they support how the United States authorized the new boosters with a dearth of data, others have said that the decision wasn’t warranted.

    “Basically, we’re playing in a sandbox of unknown benefits and unknown risks, because they don’t have clinical trials,” Dr. Vinay Prasad, an epidemiologist at the University of California, San Francisco, said in a video. The United States should have required randomized, controlled trials before clearing the boosters, he added.





    .





    0:004:21




    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022


  10. #115
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    With no vaccination, my employer fired me 5 months ago. I had to scramble to find odd job to replace my $100k public servant job. While struggling to support my family for last 5 months, I told myself that I won't get the jab. Meantime, I saw young ones die around me, some were between age of 30 and 50. Finally, my employer recalled me month ago because of the vaccine mandate policy changes. Do you know 5 Toronto doctors died in the span of 3 weeks, youngest was 27-years-old and oldest was 50-some? They all took jabs. Many say I took all the shots and nothing happened to them. Well, it's a wild west. It affects some while some do not show up anything. In 5 yrs, we all want to see your health status. You never know what's in the jab.
    And do you before covid young people died everyday too? But now if any young person dies the crazies with no medical background say itís the vaccine. Recency bias at its best

  11. #116
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Private school teachers get paid well below public school teachers on avg.



    You are constantly wrong, get constantly shown you're wrong, yet constantly deflect and deny.

    It's sad but expected.
    Except everything you showed was based on a point that wasnít the original conversation.
    I said proved to me that recruiting better teacher talent by making it a desirable job will not make our education system better. You canít. Live in your archaic world because last time I checked our country gets dumber by the day.

  12. #117
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    With no vaccination, my employer fired me 5 months ago. I had to scramble to find odd job to replace my $100k public servant job. While struggling to support my family for last 5 months, I told myself that I won't get the jab. Meantime, I saw young ones die around me, some were between age of 30 and 50. Finally, my employer recalled me month ago because of the vaccine mandate policy changes. Do you know 5 Toronto doctors died in the span of 3 weeks, youngest was 27-years-old and oldest was 50-some? They all took jabs. Many say I took all the shots and nothing happened to them. Well, it's a wild west. It affects some while some do not show up anything. In 5 yrs, we all want to see your health status. You never know what's in the jab.
    The fact that you would rather take some sort of baseless stand rather than make sure you take care of your family says 1 of 2 thingsÖ.either this story is bullshit because people everyday sacrifice for their family or 2, you are a selfish ass who doesnít care about your family more than you care about yourself.

  13. #118
    bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-12
    Posts: 2,116
    Betpoints: 2528

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The fact that you would rather take some sort of baseless stand rather than make sure you take care of your family says 1 of 2 things….either this story is bullshit because people everyday sacrifice for their family or 2, you are a selfish ass who doesn’t care about your family more than you care about yourself.
    You're a byproduct of woke culture. Programming you for last many decades they expect nothing sort of vaccine role model in you - Go jab yourself, your family and any newborn baby.

  14. #119
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Except everything you showed was based on a point that wasn’t the original conversation.
    I said proved to me that recruiting better teacher talent by making it a desirable job will not make our education system better. You can’t. Live in your archaic world because last time I checked our country gets dumber by the day.
    No, you didn't say that until recently. Your first post in this thread regarding the subject was:

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post

    Separate from that shutting down our schools is the least of the education problem for kids today. Kids are stupid because our society(adults) value our childrens education last in terms of our tax money. We care about our self more than children and we paid teachers so bad that the most intelligent people who could be teaching our children aren’t because they don’t want to make 50k a year and live in poverty. Instead we get teachers that barely get through college and aren’t smart enough to be professors.
    From the beginning you were talking about money so that's what I discussed. As soon as that fizzled out for you, you tried to move the goalposts to something else.

    The fact that private school teachers make less than public school teachers, yet private schools outperform public schools, obliterates your "let's pay them more to solve the problem" argument. Acknowledge that and then we can move on to whatever else it is you're talking about now.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  15. #120
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    No, you didn't say that until recently. Your first post in this thread regarding the subject was:



    From the beginning you were talking about money so that's what I discussed. As soon as that fizzled out for you, you tried to move the goalposts to something else.

    The fact that private school teachers make less than public school teachers, yet private schools outperform public schools, obliterates your "let's pay them more to solve the problem" argument. Acknowledge that and then we can move on to whatever else it is you're talking about now.
    The last line literally says we are picking teachers that arenít smart. ďTeachers that barely get through college and arenít smart enough to be professorsĒ
    If you read my point itís saying that the money is the effect of teachers that arenít the highest caliber of intelligence. You read it wrong hence my point stands

  16. #121
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    You're a byproduct of woke culture. Programming you for last many decades they expect nothing sort of vaccine role model in you - Go jab yourself, your family and any newborn baby.
    Why donít you work on taking care of your family rather than letting Fox News brainwash you.
    Youíre not a patriot and no one will remember you for not taking the vaccine but your family will remember you for failing them.

  17. #122
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    If you read my point it’s saying that the money is the effect of teachers that aren’t the highest caliber of intelligence. You read it wrong hence my point stands
    That isn't a point, the sentence doesn't even make sense.

    It's very clear in the quoted post your "original conversation" you referred to contends that we don't get smart teachers because the pay is too low which causes our children to be stupid.

    Yet you cannot hold that opinion and rationalize the fact that private school teachers are paid less but private schools perform better than public schools. Inescapable inconvenience for you and devastating to your narrative, so time to toss some word salad.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  18. #123
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Do you think it's a sign of mental illness to still be so obsessed with other people's vaccine choices a year or more after those choices were made and can't be changed, and the normal people have all moved on long ago?

    Asking for a mate...




    This is a sports forum guys. Football season is here and most of us are over your non-sports arguments.

  19. #124
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,713
    Betpoints: 93

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you think it's a sign of mental illness to still be so obsessed with other people's vaccine choices a year or more after those choices were made and can't be changed, and the normal people have all moved on long ago?

    Asking for a mate...




    This is a sports forum guys. Football season is here and most of us are over your non-sports arguments.
    lol how is DLow being obsessed with anything? He's telling you his logical reasoning on everything.

    But what you can do Optional is call all the govt officials pushing this BS down our throats. It goes like this... they stop the foolishness... you'd never hear another word from our mouths on this topic. They let it go. We'll let it go.
    Points Awarded:

    dlowilly gave TheMoneyShot 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  20. #125
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you think it's a sign of mental illness to still be so obsessed with other people's vaccine choices a year or more after those choices were made and can't be changed, and the normal people have all moved on long ago?

    Asking for a mate...




    This is a sports forum guys. Football season is here and most of us are over your non-sports arguments.
    Wait. First I'm a science denying murderer for questioning the wisdom of vaccine mandates, and now that it's obvious that isn't the case I'm mentally ill for bringing up how it isn't the case?


    If leftists aren't constantly reminded of their arrogance and stupidity which affects us all they will genuinely believe it never happened. If nothing else, posters will read this and know not to tail their picks. You're welcome.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  21. #126
    bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-12
    Posts: 2,116
    Betpoints: 2528

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you think it's a sign of mental illness to still be so obsessed with other people's vaccine choices a year or more after those choices were made and can't be changed, and the normal people have all moved on long ago?

    Asking for a mate...




    This is a sports forum guys. Football season is here and most of us are over your non-sports arguments.
    Five African presidents said 'No' to vaccine. And all were murdered, not to mention Haitian president, too. Global elites and WHO blackmailed many countries into vaccine compliance and forced billions to take the jab. And many were given ultimatum that they would lose jobs if they did not take the jabs. Using MSM, you continuously forced mass psychoses and black magic on unsuspecting populations to take the jabs. And World Economic Forum predicted 860-some million people would die in next 2 years, citing food shortages. In fact, they wanted to hide the vaccine injury deaths of 860+M into something else like food shortage. Yes, please keep worrying about your next bet while denying full-fledged genocide on unsuspecting innocent people.
    Last edited by bhoor; 09-10-22 at 01:54 AM.

  22. #127
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    lol how is DLow being obsessed with anything? He's telling you his logical reasoning on everything.

    But what you can do Optional is call all the govt officials pushing this BS down our throats. It goes like this... they stop the foolishness... you'd never hear another word from our mouths on this topic. They let it go. We'll let it go.
    No, you guys can go tell your politicians what to do by twitter or email or whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    This is a sports forum guys. Football season is here and most of us are over your non-sports arguments.

  23. #128
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No, you guys can go tell your politicians what to do by twitter or email or whatever.
    LOL could fill pages with your political and other not related to sports posts.

    If you got some kind of mandate from new ownership just say it instead of acting like we're out of line all of a sudden.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  24. #129
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,324
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    That isn't a point, the sentence doesn't even make sense.

    It's very clear in the quoted post your "original conversation" you referred to contends that we don't get smart teachers because the pay is too low which causes our children to be stupid.

    Yet you cannot hold that opinion and rationalize the fact that private school teachers are paid less but private schools perform better than public schools. Inescapable inconvenience for you and devastating to your narrative, so time to toss some word salad.
    We arent getting anywhere, i proved my point earlier. You can think what you want but theres not denying our country is much dumber than it should be. It doesnt matter to you, that is the basis for you debating. You probably just blame it all on the "liberals" which meets your obession with the vaccine. Good luck hanging out in this thread and staying close minded. I'm out of here

  25. #130
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    LOL could fill pages with your political and other not related to sports posts.

    If you got some kind of mandate from new ownership just say it instead of acting like we're out of line all of a sudden.
    Next time you find me repeating the same diatribe about my personal obsession 1000+ times you can call me out too.


    But this website is done with the people that continue to post about this daily. Sport off season is over.

    Same as the two or three guys who would not tone the racism when asked, you can head over to BMR if you prefer to continue this covid stuff during football season.

    There is one saloon thread just for Covid talk. Expect infractions for covid posts out side of that thread to be coming soon.

  26. #131
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,713
    Betpoints: 93

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Next time you find me repeating the same diatribe about my personal obsession 1000+ times you can call me out too.


    But this website is done with the people that continue to post about this daily. Sport off season is over.

    Same as the two or three guys who would not tone the racism when asked, you can head over to BMR if you prefer to continue this covid stuff during football season.

    There is one saloon thread just for Covid talk. Expect infractions for covid posts out side of that thread to be coming soon.
    Why can't posters talk about politics anymore??? It's considered "business" with politicians.... a "hustle job"... ain't no different in sports with a phantom hold or pass interference call.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  27. #132
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Why can't posters talk about politics anymore??? It's considered "business" with politicians.... a "hustle job"... ain't no different in sports with a phantom hold or pass interference call.
    Where did I say you cant talk politics?

    The COVID stuff should be mostly restricted to the the one thread made for it.

    Too many posts turn up in the new posts search.


    If anyone asks my opinion I would vote that it's time to delete the politics forum and send all those type of off topic posts to the private zone instead though.

  28. #133
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 90,579
    Betpoints: 4182

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Next time you find me repeating the same diatribe about my personal obsession 1000+ times you can call me out too.


    But this website is done with the people that continue to post about this daily. Sport off season is over.

    Same as the two or three guys who would not tone the racism when asked, you can head over to BMR if you prefer to continue this covid stuff during football season.

    There is one saloon thread just for Covid talk. Expect infractions for covid posts out side of that thread to be coming soon.
    Have you tried Kangaroo? If so, how do you like it?

  29. #134
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Have you tried Kangaroo? If so, how do you like it?
    It's fine. Too lean to be exciting to eat, and it's tough if you over cook it at all, but health nuts love it as no-fat protein.

    You can order a "coat of arms" in some restaurants. Kangaroo and Emu.

  30. #135
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 90,579
    Betpoints: 4182

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's fine. Too lean to be exciting to eat, and it's tough if you over cook it at all, but health nuts love it as no-fat protein.

    You can order a "coat of arms" in some restaurants. Kangaroo and Emu.
    Ya I watched a TV cooking show from down unda and they cooked Kangaroo. It seems like it would be similar to Moose or Elk. It needs to be cooked to a medium rare or its not enjoyable because of the lack of fat. But when done right, its pretty good.

    I regret not trying it when I was there. I ate seafood and it was pretty good I must say. The women in Melbourne were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

  31. #136
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 13,907
    Betpoints: 138881

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There is one saloon thread just for Covid talk. Expect infractions for covid posts out side of that thread to be coming soon.
    I would be glad to have this thread moved there if you want, but this is the first post in that thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Coronavirus has become a part of life.

    We all know it's real, but it's human nature to disagree based on different beliefs.

    Since COVID even affects sports & sports betting, it's fair to have one thread in Players Talk devoted solely to the topic.

    And while it's difficult for many not to tie the virus into politics and point fingers, let's please try out best to leave that part out of it in this particular thread.

    Happiness & Health To Everyone!
    Or if you would like to move it to Politics, great.

    If "this site is done with the people that continue to post about this", it would be nice to be calmly told the new policies instead of being called mentally ill and treated like we are on the verge of getting booted and losing all our betpoints, which at this rate I am going to have to wait 20 months to cash out.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  32. #137
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,781
    Betpoints: 3485

    Thanks for kind of understanding Dlow.

    I know I can be a bit of a bull in a china shop getting messages across at times.

  33. #138
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 27,713
    Betpoints: 93

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Where did I say you cant talk politics?

    The COVID stuff should be mostly restricted to the the one thread made for it.

    Too many posts turn up in the new posts search.


    If anyone asks my opinion I would vote that it's time to delete the politics forum and send all those type of off topic posts to the private zone instead though.
    We're just having fun Opti.... it's all good man. I hope they never take politics away. lol this place would be boring at times.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/01/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  34. #139
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 90,579
    Betpoints: 4182


  35. #140
    teacher10
    teacher10's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,760
    Betpoints: 595
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


First 12345 Last
Top