ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Trump whiffed on economic turnover. He talked big on switching around the trade deficit. As a businessman, you'd figure he might be able to do that.

Very disappointing. Trump couldn't do it. Everything is relative, but Trump didn't inspire to the point that he got American business going again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    What are you using to gauge the best and the worst?
    Obama took a terrible economy and it was booming when he turned it over to Trump! It stayed basically the same until Trumps 3rd year. If its mainly the economy your using the Country had higher GDP under Clinton than any of the others . it was over 4.5% several times it never reached that under any of the others. Just facts not politics

RR was the last Republican POTUS to leave the country better off than in found it

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

in no particular order:

CARTER
    BUSH
    BIDEN (thus far)

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    1. Herbert Hoover - The "owner" of the Great Depression
    2. George W. Bush - Iraq, Handling of Mortgage and Banking Crisis
    3. Woodrow Wilson - Introduced us to federal income taxes
    4. Lyndon Johnson - The "Great Society" coming to an inner city near you
    5. Jimmy Carter - Threw gasoline on the 70's inflation
    6. Richard Nixon - Took away the gold standard, started the 70's inflation

Incomplete - Joe Biden
    Great list. agree with all 7 on there. regardless of party, they were all terrible.

Nixon had the most potential on that list, to be great.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Worst Presidents in recent history are -

1) Joe Biden

2) Jimmy Carter

3) Barak Obama

Greatest Presidents in recent history are Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump without a doubt!
    my god you know nothing mr Jib.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Trump the greatest according to mr Jib.

the creature told the world on television the USA has invisible aircraft. actually invisible.

the creature spoke about American airports in the middle of the 18th century.

he also told the world Belgium is a beautiful city.

the creature is almost as stupid as mr dwight.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8441

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Trump the greatest according to mr Jib.

the creature told the world on television the USA has invisible aircraft. actually invisible.

the creature spoke about American airports in the middle of the 18th century.

he also told the world Belgium is a beautiful city.

the creature is almost as stupid as mr dwight.
    You will be utterly forgotten.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I appreciate seeing some numbers but what is misleading by Optional IMO is pandemic numbers. The entire globe was in the red during this time oddly enough with the exception of the Aussies who were even and a few smaller countries who were in the black.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...020&start=2010

The same thing could be shown with inflation under Biden which is the worst it has been in years. The right would fall into the trap the same as above if given without context. Stimulus checks were given out under Trump AND under Biden which I'm sure many realized this was going to lead to inflation. I'm disappointed in Jay Powell for not raising rates sooner and more aggressively. Is this by design because he was a Trump appointee?

GDP was doing okay under Obama and Trump. The one difference is the stock market was certainly doing better with Trump.

Empirically I experienced progression under Trump from a personal standpoint and I bought my first house whereas under Obama I felt locked in a fantasy game. I will say that I did marry an amazing young lady under Obama. Point is there are good and bad regardless of who is in office. I don't think my life has gotten specifically worse under Biden with exception of the financial disaster which as previously stated has to be viewed in context. It is also a bit to soon to make this judgement considering we are in the middle of the term. I have a legit chance at more progression, I'm actually happy with my solar panels, and to me electric cars are f'kin cool. Dunno how it all plays out though. This all coming from a Trump-tard as we are all apparently called.

What I'm frustrated at now is the amount of psychological warfare on the internet and the heavy tilt towards progressives. There really is hatred just running rampant. My goodness people. Also the morality stuff is going overboard. If you guys out there are truly great men and women, please run for an office. The world needs you. I suspect though that most people are flawed on some level which is completely okay because that is what makes you human. Stop being so righteous, let's row together.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

BRavo RA77er QUOTE "Point is there are good and bad regardless of who is in office. I don't think my life has gotten specifically worse under Biden with exception of the financial disaster which as previously stated has to be viewed in context. Finanacially me secured investing in dividend paying stocks 1st pay out comes in august projected to be $3500 which is like way more than i make working plus my SSI

homie1975

GW Bush without question one of the worst we have ever seen, and it was just within the last 20 years so it's fresh !!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

God is spelled with a capital G. I know that much Dante.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bill if you don't mind I'd like to drop a few more comments in the thread which may not align with your aims. I've seen the Godfather and I know most of you are all businessmen/women and want what is best for your families. I am legit happy for you that investments are helping you and yours maintain during this time. Sorry that a company took advantage of you also, it wasn't my intent to mock the situation. Just skip my posts in here if you like. I hope to hide my thoughts in your thread so that I don't have to make a thread of my own. Please forgive.

DeSantis has opened himself up for some criticism. He made a snarky comment about Elon the other day and the left is using it against him. It wasn't meant to be racist imho and he does need African American support wether he knows that or not, but I think he has made a slight misstep here being cheeky. Frankly I am unsure that he even has my blessing to run for President. I want him to stay in Florida but that is selfish.

The Disney saga got labeled immediately "dont say gay" which was misleading. I argued this point in college. My 7 year old nephew came to live with me and the thought of him being taught sexual education in second grade was truly frightening to me. I respect if others disagree with this view and they did hence the Disney situation.

Personally I love Disney. I wanted to take my nephew there however the costs are incredibly expensive for someone like me. The reports I've heard though are that people have a great time there and maybe one day I'll have chance to see it with my family. My wife must've played Moana a thousand times and if you want ra77er off the forum just play some moana and I'll be gone.

Point here is that I appreciate the company and what they bring but they decided to publicly delve into politics because as goduke pointed out elsewhere, the left believes that anyone with a platform should use it to impact change. I disagree with this. I think Disney can privately have political agendas but they should primarily be focused on making amazing content like moana part 2 so that ra77er can be driven up a wall. Be the magic kingdom not the unelected God of Florida.

They dipped their toes in the political lane and that is where DeSantis has the right to defend his positions against them. No doubt they are a huge part of the Florida economy and I certainly do not want to see them leave or even have ill relations with the governor. However pushing politics and straying away from the brand is causing problems within the company. There are moderate people that work there that are frustrated. If you completely infest the company with social justice warriors it will doom the company and not because those people are necessarily bad or don't have good intentions but rather that they are not going to be focused on making great content for the masses because by definition they are more concerned with social change than running a business. The only way to do both is to have some conservatives keep it rolling from a busines perspective and also have some liberals raising the consciousness of the organization in a symbiotic relationship. If this happens I'll be investing my arse off in that company.

The blue haired libs have some beautiful people. They are highly creative and are the exact recipe that does and who could help bring the magic back to Disney if aligned correctly. The left in general always amazes me at how well they stay together as a group. Conservatives are always egotistical and have to be "right" about things and that leads them to isolation. I fall into this trap myself at times. They are often right which does irritate people and instead of rallying with a group they have to either keep quiet so they aren't hated or they boast too much which leads to a downfall. The blue haired, seem to me, have been manipulated though into using their creativities and brilliance into nothing but politics and hatred of the other side regardless if there are some good ones that do not deserve that kind of treatment. It's like someone has scrambled them and it is sad to see. A good conservative that respects them and what they bring to the table along with liberals that understand the abilities the right has to stabilize and harness for the good of the group is a winning formula. When one side or the other is imbalanced then the eagle cannot fly.

I stand by his handling of Covid which from my perspective lasted about two weeks where we were locked down. Outside of that people were out and about. Now having said that, he had to do the calculus which could have certainly backfired in a tragic way. He looked at data in a rational way and came to the conclusion that keeping Florida open was better than the alternatives. That was a contrarian view at the time but looking back it seems to have been the correct decision. I didn't have to delay payments on house, car or anything because we kept rolling here. I think Floridians of all races can appreciate that when you look at how the rest of the country was handling the situation. Some things that were disappointing during covid were personnel changes made by individual business. Some may have experienced a difficult period even in Florida because of policies that private businesses had to put in place in order to survive. I know my wife fought against completely cutting hours and implemented a slower drawdown to help people as much as possible. This was respectable in the end and lucky for her she wasn't fired for it even if her employees at the time had a different perception of it. My heart goes out to those that were greatly impacted by the pandemic but that situation is not on DeSantis. He kept the doors open.

He is raising his profile by being outspoken in what he believes in and he is, I would imagine, well aware that even bad press in good press in this day and age. A conservative has an uphill battle getting nationwide support and so inadvertently or by design he is getting national attention. If the left hates the guy then ignoring him would probably be a better strategy. I would like to see the left actually respect what he is trying to do and to keep an open mind. The fact that they have already pounced on his Elon Musk comment means it will be could be harder to use later on if he were to indeed run for Pres.

I'm not implying he is the best option here and I have no insider knowledge of what is in his heart but if you are on left please find some better candidates. Otherwise find a conservative man or woman, respect their abilities of finding good processes that work for the good of the group, don't always assume they have ill intent, ignore the haters, be beautiful, and get back on track. Keep the passion and the desire to see better leaders that can implement positive social reforms in an incremental and longer lasting way. Stop with the kneejerk, immediate, overnight changes and think longer term.

TLR- DeSantis does not appear to be a bad dude. He is implementing policies that are common sense for the greater good. He does not push social justice issues outwardly because he believes that the right course is to fix foundational issues first before attempting to solve everything all at once. I want to see Disney and him come to the table, I believe in both sides. Finally lets get the Magic going in Orlando and cash some futures tickets.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Trump whiffed on economic turnover. He talked big on switching around the trade deficit. As a businessman, you'd figure he might be able to do that.

Very disappointing. Trump couldn't do it. Everything is relative, but Trump didn't inspire to the point that he got American business going again.
    To be fair, I think without covid and a second term Trump's actions may have played out well for USA longer term.

But we did have covid and he didn't get a second term. So it is possible to excuse his failures but you'd have to be a brainwashed lemming (or a Russian agent) to trumpet his success.

Failure to launch and fizzled out.

If he had simply not gone into denial of covid I think he would still be here. Still don't get that move. Not even sure who it was supposed to help.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Let's be serious for a minute.

How does it get any worse than this?

Can you imagine if Trump said what Biden said?

pokernight1991
    pokernight1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3801

The rapist Donald Trump. First president who was an autocrat. First president to try and steal an election he lost by millions of votes. He should be tried for sedition and if convicted should be executed as the traitor he is.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pokernight1991 View Post
    The rapist Donald Trump. First president who was an autocrat. First president to try and steal an election he lost by millions of votes. He should be tried for sedition and if convicted should be executed as the traitor he is.
    What a load of shit.

How do you like that $5 a gallon gas? Do you tell people that you voted for that retard? I bet you tell people that you voted for Trump.

FullStrength
    FullStrength's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1450

Mac4life,

How does knowing or reading facts brainwash a person?

FullStrength
    FullStrength's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1450

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Racist
    I'm not racist. I call it like I see it as well as many others would. I see you think Hillary is something Americans should be proud of too by the looks of your profile picture.

OldBill

all i know is as one guy pointed out GW BUSH hiked gas prices highest ever single jump just 6 months in office a FULL $1.25 mORE and we hit over $4 a gal ............... Sure Biden has troubles today all because of REPUBLICANS blocking everything he's trying to help us with

JUST think if YOU were president after trump who still never acknowledge that BIDEN won still says at his rallies election was rigged and stolen denies the mob at Capitol being his fault they all thought they get pardoned by trump well they all going to be jailed and or fined 800 of them. Also trump repeataldy made fun of reporters ...... totally was against blacks and gays too and is the only president who said "FAKE NEWS"

so read what the president says when taking office with his hand on The bible.

GO ahaed VOTE republican in 2024 then watch your life go downhill fast when they take away every thing you worked for

They do not care about middle class americans or the poor they only cut taxes for the wealthy corporate fuuuuuuuks who do not pay taxes. TRUMP totally lied about taxes he only paid $750 one year

took boxes out of white house to his mar a lago resident with files that are supposed to be turned over

oo well just pray in 2024 because dumb americans think republicans will fix everything. NEVER happened in my life i suffered under every republican president.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Probably as much as me and you

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

More people died of Covid during the Biden presidency than Trumps and Biden had testing & vaccines!
    Then he tried to starve tens of millions of Americans by his draconian vaccine mandates.
    It was the Conservative Supreme court that saved millions of Americans livelihoods

Now Justin Biebers face is paralyzed by the booster..and many other cases that they dont tell you about
    Last edited by masr; 06-17-22 at 11:05 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    More people died of Covid during the Biden presidency than Trumps and Biden had testing & vaccines!
    Then he tried to starve tens of millions of Americans by his draconian vaccine mandates.
    It was the Conservative Supreme court that saved millions of Americans livelihoods

Now Justin Biebers face is paralyzed by the booster..and many other cases that they dont tell you about
    Shameless with the disinformation!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Zachary Taylor was the worst president in US history.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

Worst Presidents in recent history are -

1) Joe Biden

2) Jimmy Carter

3) Barak Obama

Greatest Presidents in recent history are Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump without a doubt!

OldBill

Trump An Incoherent Spectacle At G7; W.H. Struggles To Clean Up | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

We all miss Trump! Everything Biden touches turn to pure horse shiit now.

Inflation and high Gas prices killing the average American now. So much for that Green New Deal push.

Fock you Joe Biden! Worst brain dead President ever!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

We all miss Trump! Everything Biden touches turn to pure horse shiit now.

Inflation and high Gas prices killing the average American now. So much for that Green New Deal push.

Fock you Joe Biden! Worst brain dead President ever!
    Brain-dead, worst ever

And still beat Trump by 7,000,000 votes

oooof. Trump down BAD

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

tough call, but I'll say Abraham Lincoln was the worst.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22846

every President at least contributed something to the Country with the exception of PEDOPHILE joey an ABSOLUTE PATHETIC WASTE FJB

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    every President at least contributed something to the Country with the exception of PEDOPHILE joey an ABSOLUTE PATHETIC WASTE FJB
    Be kind to Mr. Biden, he taught Mr. Obama everything he knows.
    That worked out well for us, didn't it?
    No?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

On a side note worst VICE PRESIDENT of all time could be Kamala Harris. That's certainly up for debate now at this point.
    Actually the debate is over - Clearly the worst and most incompetent of all time! Name one productive thing she's done... At least she finally went to Europe, Lol!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Let's be serious for a minute.

How does it get any worse than this?

Can you imagine if Trump said what Biden said?

Yes, Kermit. It's really not on Joe:

1) His own party couldn't find a stronger candidate.
    2) The opposition party couldn't beat him. And no 3rd-party candidate challenged him, either.
    3) Biden is so far gone. Guy is in a position that he should not have been forced into.

Speaks poorly of the voting Americans...and of the available candidates. Couldn't find a guy better than this?

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22846

The Election was a FRAUD anyone who thinks/believes braindeadbiden won is a MORON

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Brain-dead, worst ever

And still beat Trump by 7,000,000 votes

oooof. Trump down BAD
    Except nobody knew how bad Joe really would be. If the election were held over I think you can guess what would happen.

First 1234 Last