thinwhiteduke
    thinwhiteduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I would also like to know how the fuk he got this island for 3.6 million!

More proof it's all lies or bizarre shady dealings/rewards for being a Hollywood puppet

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

40 acres for $4m w no infrastructure and no access.

That's not a deal by any means....you have to generate your own power, water, watlste mgmt, access the place somehow & Noone will insure what you build btw.

Expensive operation for sure....not a paradise by any means w out modern comforts

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

That's not a deal by any means....you have to generate your own power, water, watlste mgmt, access the place somehow & Noone will insure what you build btw.

Expensive operation for sure....not a paradise by any means w out modern comforts
    Yup, your own small island in the middle of no where is no paradise when you finally learn how much it costs to supply it, pay staff, get supplies and food and keep it up! It's a money pit for sure..

Just getting running water, sewer control and electricity is challenging I'm sure to maintain the beach house. Certainly have to ship in gasoline regularly to run generators unless you invest in solar paneling.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Sure you have to put money into it but you have I think it said 7 separate beaches and what looks like an inland lake.

Any vacant land in the US you're going to have to put a bunch of money into it too. As far infrastructure it's solar powered and your highway is the ocean. Yeah, it isn't perfect but seems like a pretty good deal to me.

One caveat I think is you can't own it outright, you get a 100 yr title from the Bahamas or something.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yup, your own small island in the middle of no where is no paradise when you finally learn how much it costs to supply it, pay staff, get supplies and food and keep it up! It's a money pit for sure..
    Just depends on how much you want to do with it. A solar powered bungalow, pineapple plants (or whatever grows in the Caribbean), and some lobster traps are really all you need for long stretches at a time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Just depends on how much you want to do with it. A solar powered bungalow, pineapple plants, and some lobster traps are really all you need for long stretches at a time.
    What about running water? I guess water tanks to collect rain water could work if the island gets rain regularly. Sewage can get tricky also. Can't exactly drop a septic tank in there and have it serviced easily or regularly. Even trash removal can be challenging I'd think, you can't burn everything. Create a land fill in the back of the island maybe? .

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

The island next to it is currently for sale for $75 million

https://www.vladi-private-islands.de...halls-pond-cay

Optional

What about running water? I guess water tanks to collect rain water could work if the island gets rain regularly. Sewage can get tricky also. Can't exactly drop a septic tank in there and have it serviced easily or regularly. Even trash removal can be challenging I'd think, you can't burn everything. Create a land fill in the back of the island maybe? .
    He built a resort there for himself 20 years ago. I am sure it's "livable"

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The island next to it is currently for sale for $75 million

https://www.vladi-private-islands.de...halls-pond-cay
    ...and 10xs bigger lol

It'll sell for 25mm making Depps purchase still the per acre benchmark.

These aren't even subject to comps even. There's like 15 people in the world willing to spend $10.m on an island

Optional

...and 10xs bigger lol

It'll sell for 25mm making Depps purchase still the per acre benchmark.

These aren't even subject to comps even. There's like 15 people in the world willing to spend $10.m on an island
    Agree. And I doubt (m)any of them ever looked at it as a financial investment.

Think I would prefer to find one I could rent for a few hundred thousand each time I wanted to visit personally.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    He built a resort there for himself 20 years ago. I am sure it's "livable"
    I guess so Opti. I just can't imagine how hard it is getting all the normal every day supplies on to a remote island like that? Obviously ship everything in but still.

All that I know is it better have internet service so I can get my bets in if I were game for that!

As far as Johnny goes on the island he better stock up on the drugs and booze and not run out, as I can only imagine the stress that might cause him once he runs out. ..

Optional

I guess so Opti. I just can't imagine how hard it is getting all the normal every day supplies on to a remote island like that? Obviously ship everything in but still.

All that I know is it better have internet service so I can get my bets in if I were game for that!

As far as Johnny goes on the island he better stock up on the drugs and booze and not run out, as I can only imagine the stress that might cause him once he runs out. ..
    According to Vanity Fair, Depp also dropped over $8 million on a yacht so he could get to his island. The boat, named Vajoliroja, has since been sold, but reportedly required eight crew members and cost between $300,000 and $400,000 a month to maintain.

interesting article here about the setup:

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/17/johnn...alls-pond-cay/

dlowilly

It isn't really remote though. There are inhabited islands many with resorts all around him. There's an airport only about 3 miles away and Nassau is about an hr boat ride. Staniel Cay is about a 10 minute boat ride and has resorts, rentals, bars, etc.:

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Wow, might be time for Johnny to put the Yacht and island up for sale soon if he remains out of work. Seems to me he's spending around 10 million a year or more to keep and maintain the Yacht and Island if I had to guess..

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Talk about a prolonged break-up/divorce.
    This Hollywoody couple cannot let go of one another
    and keep the clinging alive through the courts.
    Sad waste of time for 2 pathetic creatures.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

couple guys back there raking sand over the condoms and champagne bottles

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

couple guys back there raking sand over the condoms and champagne bottles
    Lol.

thinwhiteduke
    thinwhiteduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Watching Gilbert Grape.
    Depp, John C Reilly, Leonardo DiCaprio, Crispin Glover , Juliette Lewis, Mary Steenburgen

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Quote Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke View Post
    Watching Gilbert Grape.
    Depp, John C Reilly, Leonardo DiCaprio, Crispin Glover , Juliette Lewis, Mary Steenburgen
    ~~~
    Classic.
    The brighter Johnny Depp

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He is broke. He is bankrupt actually, he owes the IRS over $97MILLION in unpaid taxes, probably owes California as well.

Upon winning the judgement he could theoretically assign it to the IRS and wipe out his debt if they accept it.

Then he could do 2 more PIRATES movies and have $20mm to live out on.
    Not disagreeing you. His life could be a major train wreck... Google says his value is around 300 million. Even if you win this lawsuit... pay the attorney.... and then press her to start paying... it's not a guarantee. It's almost like he's trying to pay her back... and defend is reputation. Any dealing with a broad is always going to be ugly. And google said they he is clean with the IRS and already paid them 97 million. But whatever it is... court docs would override the internet.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke View Post
    Watching Gilbert Grape.
    DiCrapio was a such a tard in that movie.. Should have won an Oscar for that roll..

manny24
    pay Bobby

...so she's available ??!?!??!!

i got killer fabric softener for the pillow cases not worried

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

She took a fresh stinky dump and put it on Johnny's side of the bed so he would roll around in it while he was asleep. What crazy ass bitch stuff? That's rude and almost Godfather worthy!

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

manny24
    pay Bobby

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

dlowilly

IMO one of the most damaging things to Heard's defense is that the cosmetic product she specifically claims to have used to cover up injuries from abuse so no one could see them wasn't even made during the time she claims she was using it.

The audio and video recordings, the witness testimonies, and the psychological evaluations could all have bias and be misleading. Ain't no explanation for getting caught lying about using a specific makeup to cover up supposed injuries from abuse though.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Two phucked up Celebs. phucking up even more? I think not!
    They will both make more money from this via books and interviews than we can only imagine!
    The Perfect Scam.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

she got on his fukkin' nerves...... always yellin' to him "WHY IS THE COME GONE?"

FUK with a bi-babe half your age, you're gonna make this prediction very true:

I'd award him the full fifty million........ this whore was/is pure evil......

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Amber is this guy's dream girl...

RIP John you sick fukk

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259