tressel4
    tressel4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Harness clearly not attached. The employee walked around the area but didn't verify it was attached. Like when a flight attendant walks through the aisle and makes sure overhead bins are securely closed, that didn't happen here.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Quote Originally Posted by tressel4 View Post
    Harness clearly not attached. The employee walked around the area but didn't verify it was attached. Like when a flight attendant walks through the aisle and makes sure overhead bins are securely closed, that didn't happen here.
    He was too busy talking to the one girl

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    My kid would never be that fat Goaty. Not under my watch and roof anyways. Parental fail with this fatso kid. Cost him his life. Now that I won't apologize for..

If this kid was in shape and or remotely slimmed down I'd bet the house this accident would have never happened. That's keeping it real!
    He was a football lineman. Show me a football team that the linemen look like basketball power forwards.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He was a football lineman. Show me a football team that the linemen look like basketball power forwards.
    He was 6'5 340 at 14 years old. That's bigger than most offensive lineman in the SEC. Kid was way too big for that age.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Guys? Wtf is wrong with jibbby? Is it because the kid is black? Is it the racist in him? How can he be so cruel?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If the employees had told the kid he was too big to ride, they would have been accused of fat-shaming and every activist would have used social media to tell the world who they are, where they live, etc.
    This

i feel like they should make a new law after this

no one over 300 can go on a ride

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Yeah the kid was too big and the ride operator didn't do him any favors for sure, but the ride itself should not have allowed any movement. Each position on that ride needs sensors and fail safe equipment that ensures that even someone who is passed out will not be ejected. If the harness can't be lowered enough, the fault code stops everything from progressing. The operator who is making all of $15 an hour can't be the last line for safety.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Slurry Pumper 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Yeah the kid was too big and the ride operator didn't do him any favors for sure, but the ride itself should not have allowed any movement. Each position on that ride needs sensors and fail safe equipment that ensures that even someone who is passed out will not be ejected. If the harness can't be lowered enough, the fault code stops everything from progressing. The operator who is making all of $15 an hour can't be the last line for safety.
    Good point

u can basically go down the line from ride operators on up who fail it was

just in the future we should have a law for this

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Would the standard belt have fit him?

That arm brace thing did not fit properly o er his shoulders and that's pretty clear.

Look, he's probably 6-3" + and 325 pounds with a 50" waist....the ride simply isn't designed with that customer in mind.

There is no such thing as 'one size fits all' when it comes to safety & health. He simply shouldn't have been allowed to ride....his size being a societal outlier.
    It wasn't his size. The safety bar was not secure. It was not pulled down enough, neither was the seat belt attached at the bottom. You can easily see a LOT of space between his shoulders and also near his groin. That safety bar has ratchets on it that only secure once you push it down a bit further than in the pictures. If you don't push it all the way down it won't ratchet and is totally free and then you are in a world of hurt. No one can hold themselves in that seat with the amount of force you're about to get. Those seats probably can hold someone 500 pounds. the bigger you are the less room for movement which would make it impossible to fall out. But that safety arm was not secure. Game over. That's a shame because all it took was for the attendant to push on the bar and ensure the seat belt was fastened at the bottom before the ride took off. The kid should have shook the arm bar to make sure it was locked before the ride began and should have screamed to high hell if it wasn't. Very sad and I can't imagine being his father right now.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    This

i feel like they should make a new law after this

no one over 300 can go on a ride
    You and Charles Barkley going to piss off a lot of women in San Antonio. LOL

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If the employees had told the kid he was too big to ride, they would have been accused of fat-shaming and every activist would have used social media to tell the world who they are, where they live, etc.
    Or racist. Black kid not allowed on ride because he was fat or black. Could go either way? Amusement park then gets a lawsuit for discrimination.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I just want to know when JIBBBY is going to blame this accident to the left and Biden. That's all.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I just want to know when JIBBBY is going to blame this accident to the left and Biden. That's all.
    It's always Trumps fault with you snowflake sissy liberals, right? Biden is the best President in US history by far!

We all love massive inflation, high gas prices and WW3 potential!
    Points Awarded:

mama whoiscrying gave JIBBBY 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25558

Jibbbbby right here.

Kids massive weight gain was due to Bidens massive inflation.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

This is all Obama’s fault.

Ih he had a son he would look just like that kid.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave DiggityDaggityDo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't supersize it! You get fat you lose in life.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Its a given that personal injury lawyers would be circling like sharks.

What I don’t understand is hiring Civil Rights lawyer Ben Crump as well.

Here we go.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Jibbby you sick fukk! Wtf is wrong with you?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If you are black and fat you should die if a cop steps on your neck for 2 hrs or ride a thrill ride.

Our JIBBBY will never change.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm a dick.. 14 year old kid died. Not a joking matter. I owe everyone an apology. I got out of line in this thread.
    This was a decent start... then you kept posting and ruined it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Jibbby you sick fukk! Wtf is wrong with you?
    Nothing is wrong with me, just America is becoming fat and I'm trying to point that out. Nothing good comes out of becoming obese. This kid was well over 300 pounds at age 14!

That's a problem and shit happened.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    This is all Obama’s fault.

Ih he had a son he would look just like that kid.
    Diggity

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-f...-safety-expert

He exceeded the weight limit, the harness could not fit him.

Just like the normal posters on SBR suggested.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-f...-safety-expert

He exceeded the weight limit, the harness could not fit him.

Just like the normal posters on SBR suggested.
    That's exactly what I posted. Kid was too damn fat!! Couldn't get the harness locked in because of his massive fat mid section.

Ride handlers dropped the ball. End of story.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It wasn't his size. The safety bar was not secure. It was not pulled down enough, neither was the seat belt attached at the bottom. You can easily see a LOT of space between his shoulders and also near his groin. That safety bar has ratchets on it that only secure once you push it down a bit further than in the pictures. If you don't push it all the way down it won't ratchet and is totally free and then you are in a world of hurt. No one can hold themselves in that seat with the amount of force you're about to get. Those seats probably can hold someone 500 pounds. the bigger you are the less room for movement which would make it impossible to fall out. But that safety arm was not secure. Game over. That's a shame because all it took was for the attendant to push on the bar and ensure the seat belt was fastened at the bottom before the ride took off. The kid should have shook the arm bar to make sure it was locked before the ride began and should have screamed to high hell if it wasn't. Very sad and I can't imagine being his father right now.
    ~~~
    Can't imagine the father's grief in this situation.
    The above safety features have to be in place on the rides as they become more and more extreme.

Sounds like a great kid was lost for no good reason.
    I understand that he was an excellent student, an all-around good person, and an excellent football player.

Inexcusable fails on the ride cannot be overlooked.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Q: What's the last thing that went through that poor kid's mind when he hit the pavement?

A: His asshole!

too soon?...

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

LOL oh that's brutal

First 1234