Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Wow, that is sad and needless just because of some slight oversights from the rider and operator. The rider obviously didn't think the ride would toss him out and the operator probably didn't check or care to check if things were alright.

I can't believe that the ride is even able to operate while the safety harness is not buckled. Lousy design. Every time I have to design something. It has to be totally asshole proof, and fail safe. At 14, this kid seems quite oversized, and it doesn't look like the ride was designed to accommodate him. A simple continuity switch in the seat belt buckle thing would alert the ride operator that things are not alright and to check the passengers while preventing the operation in the ride via the controlling system. The way the ride goes, the over the shoulder harness was used to allow passengers to enter and exit quickly, but a shoulder harness like that is more for acceleration in the upward direction with relation to the passenger car. I assume this ride probably snaps up to requiring that restraint type also, but clearly from the video, it needs additional restraints for the downward passenger movement as the shoulder harness will have a tendency to open when high G forces are acting upon it, and just a simple seat buckle can cause someone to flatten a nut when the restraint is fasten correctly if the passenger is positioned just right. Even a simple foot plate may have helped in this case as an added passive restraint.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If your seat belt in your car isn't fastened, then the light flashes and dings until you fasten it. There should be sensors in every belt on this ride(and others like it) and it shouldn't be able to operate unless all 30 belts are detected to be fastened.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If your seat belt in your car isn't fastened, then the light flashes and dings until you fasten it. There should be sensors in every belt on this ride(and others like it) and it shouldn't be able to operate unless all 30 belts are detected to be fastened.
    I was just at six flags in San Antonio and one of the rides seat belt didn't lock in properly. My son was quiet as a church mouse but my wife started screaming loud to the attendant to not clear the ride. They ended up closing the ride for half an hour until maintenance could fix. I can only imagine had the ride taken off with him not buckled in properly. This is so sad. Apparently the kid was on spring break with other kids from I think Missouri. His dad found out about it on social media. WTF?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

These places are death traps and not regulated. You are playing Russian roulette with your life riding on these risky rides.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Wow, that is sad and needless just because of some slight oversights from the rider and operator. The rider obviously didn't think the ride would toss him out and the operator probably didn't check or care to check if things were alright.

I can't believe that the ride is even able to operate while the safety harness is not buckled. Lousy design. Every time I have to design something. It has to be totally asshole proof, and fail safe. At 14, this kid seems quite oversized, and it doesn't look like the ride was designed to accommodate him. A simple continuity switch in the seat belt buckle thing would alert the ride operator that things are not alright and to check the passengers while preventing the operation in the ride via the controlling system. The way the ride goes, the over the shoulder harness was used to allow passengers to enter and exit quickly, but a shoulder harness like that is more for acceleration in the upward direction with relation to the passenger car. I assume this ride probably snaps up to requiring that restraint type also, but clearly from the video, it needs additional restraints for the downward passenger movement as the shoulder harness will have a tendency to open when high G forces are acting upon it, and just a simple seat buckle can cause someone to flatten a nut when the restraint is fasten correctly if the passenger is positioned just right. Even a simple foot plate may have helped in this case as an added passive restraint.
    Many of the women in San Antonio were oversized. Yes, I agree there needs to be proper safety checks that are idiot proof, especially when these places often sell alcohol. Most of these parks have those high swings that you sit in on one thin cable. Hell no, would I ever get on those rides. They are one bolt, cable malfunction away from you careening to your death. I want redundancy. We went on some extreme rides. One equipment failure and your ass is grass.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

No way that kid is height/ weight eligible to ride that.

Should have been pulled at the entrance, but probably not 'PC' to tell him he's too large

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    No way that kid is height/ weight eligible to ride that.Should have been pulled at the entrance, but probably not 'PC' to tell him he's too large
    Fats - there were some women bigger than that. I didn't see any upper height or upper weight limits on any of the rides. Not sure his weight had anything to do with him falling. He didn't have on his seat belt. You could put a baby in his place and without a seat belt/safety restraint it's game over.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

This is the kid that died.

WTF? How big is that 14 year old? He looks like he's 6'6" 300lbs

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Is it me or do fat kid lives matter less?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Fats - there were some women bigger than that. I didn't see any upper height or upper weight limits on any of the rides. Not sure his weight had anything to do with him falling. He didn't have on his seat belt. You could put a baby in his place and without a seat belt/safety restraint it's game over.
    Look at that harness over his chest and the huge gap below it. Something is definitely not right here when compared to the 2 kids siting next to him. It looks like he may have been too big(height) for the ride.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Kermit excellent investigation work. Keep us updated

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I wonder if the kid was obese or super skinny? Safety harness wasn't secure or failed either way. Too bad
    He was morbidly obese

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Remember your physics class. Force equals mass times acceleration. Since acceleration is a constant variable the larger the mass the bigger the force the mass hits the ground on a fall.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    He was morbidly obese
    so are you, therefore how do you throw stones? you eat 3,000 calorie lunches. 5,000 calories dinners

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    He was morbidly obese
    You can say that for every NFL lineman. They are 100 pounds heavier or more that their BMI for their height.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody cares about gambling anymore

I wonder why you guys lose everything you own

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    nobody cares about gambling anymore

I wonder why you guys lose everything you own
    want to play remember when? So Jj, remember when you had the OP as potm?

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    These places are death traps and not regulated. You are playing Russian roulette with your life riding on these risky rides.
    They are REPUBLICANS who own the theme park. They don’t need no stinking regulations!!!

The kid had blue eyes. One blew this way and one blew that way.

Mac4Lyfe

Look at that harness over his chest and the huge gap below it. Something is definitely not right here when compared to the 2 kids siting next to him. It looks like he may have been too big(height) for the ride.

He clearly wasn't strapped in securely. It looks like the bar wasn't even down, so he wasn't latched in and when you don't connect the seat belt too. That's an accident waiting to happen. Trust me there's a lot bigger people than him getting on those rides. Look how it's sticking out forward. It has to go down a bit more before you even hear the ratchet locking mechanism. Why the hell would he not pull the bar down all the way? Why wouldn't he put on the seat belt? Where was the attendant? I saw attendants all day pushing down on fat people, making sure they were locked in. The bottom of that bar should be pressing into his crotch. Most of the attendants are college, maybe even HS students. They don't care, there getting $15/hr. What a tragedy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Fat boy didn't keep his ass in the chair. Slid right out. Splat!

End of story next..

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

The ride attendant was just standing there like nothing happened after the guy fell

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Probably in shock / thinking he’s facked

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Call an ambulance I heard. Lol.

More like call the coroner and clean up on isle 1.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

This reminded me of this roller coaster accident death back in 2017.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Can't believe some of the comments in this thread

We are talking about a 14 year old boy here

A child

No child deserves to die like this

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^People and kids die everyday Goaty. Just look at Ukraine pain now.

World is an ugly place and ruthless at times. Accidents happen. Life goes on. May as well make light of it I always say.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^People and kids die everyday Goaty. Just look at Ukraine pain now.

World is an ugly place and ruthless at times. Accidents happen. Life goes on. May as well make light of it I always say.

Internet 6'10 jibbby weighing in from his fantasy land in northern California.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Jibby, when did you move to Northern Cali?

I thought your next move would be to Florida?

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

Sorry to here this.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Jibby, when did you move to Northern Cali?

I thought your next move would be to Florida?
    Couldn't pay me to move to Northern Cali. Still in Southern Cali for now Digs. Santa Monica, California man!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

ok this is like the power tower at Cedar Point

you always HOLD onto the chest harness handlebars as the ride gets ready for drop action... and you hold onto them like your life depends on it until you get back down safely

that's what any sane human being does just in case that seat belt happens to fail you

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    F*ck You

They say he was a straight "A" student, with unlimited potential on the grid iron. No money in the world will replace him to those who loved him. Seems as tho his parents had him on the right path. Those type kids & parents are few & far between anymore.

R.I.P.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Someone died there last year I think

RIP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    They are REPUBLICANS who own the theme park. They don’t need no stinking regulations!!!

OMG! lol.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    This reminded me of this roller coaster accident death back in 2017.
    Damn, I’m glad I didn’t see this before going to 6 flags. They have a similar ride called the Riddler but it’s twice as big and high. That ride is the shit. Totally nuts.

First 1234 Last