Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

is sbr dead

I've noticed a few changes here.

None of the 2016 Trump supporters are here anymore. Except for maybe Demonata, Dwight Shrute and a few token others.

All we have left are Biden supporters and randoms pretending they don't support Biden while pushing passive aggressive pro democrat talking points and ideology.

I've noticed a few mods who used to be somewhat honest and legit saying the opposite of what they would normally say. Hard 180's being made everywhere.

Is it time to quit SBR and find another gambling forum that is less partisan and something other than a democrat propaganda machine?

Give me advice.

edit --

Actually nevermind.

Its done.

Quitting this place.

Going elsewhere.

Good luck every1.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

None of the 2016 Trump supporters are here anymore. Except for maybe Demonata, Dwight Shrute and a few token others.

All we have left are Biden supporters and randoms pretending they don't support Biden while pushing passive aggressive pro democrat talking points and ideology.

I've noticed a few mods who used to be somewhat honest and legit saying the opposite of what they would normally say. Hard 180's being made everywhere.

Is it time to quit SBR and find another gambling forum that is less partisan and something other than a democrat propaganda machine?

Give me advice.

edit --

Actually nevermind.

Its done.

Quitting this place.

Going elsewhere.

Good luck every1.

I’d argue politics making its way into every single thread is what has hurt this place. Good luck.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quick...
    Get the paddles!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Lay off political bull crap

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

This guy aint a pro anyway so nobody will miss him nor would they miss any non-pro unless they are handing out winners.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Again...

Get the paddles.

Clear.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Give me advice.

edit --

Actually nevermind.

Its done.

Quitting this place.

Going elsewhere.

Good luck every1.

I feel ya man. I'm leaving if democrats win again in 2024. I will be too busy.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

The only difference you are noticing is that we no longer have a mod policy to saloon all threads arguing for one political side, whilst clogging up Players Talk with non-sport topics that agree with the other political side.

All political threads are now being moved to the correct sub forum, whatever their agenda is.

Just keep your business in the Politics & Economy sub forum and there should be no problems for any "side" feeling like favortism is going on any more.

This is primarily a sports betting site. If your politics means you can't enjoy it as a sports betting site, then do not let that door hit your ass on the way out.

No one in power here cares about, or will tolerate, your political agenda anymore if it goes against their business model.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post

I’d argue politics making its way into every single thread is what has hurt this place. Good luck.
    And so do just about all the sports cappers here.

We may have less posts and views with less drama for a while, but the 5 year plan is what the new owners are concerned about.

Attracting and keeping serious sports betting personalities interesting in participating here is the vision.

Plus, now we have a version of the old racially obsessed forum available just across the street anyway. Sanity Check should go there and enjoy talking to his like minded friends about politics and race. And then come back here afterward to talk sports and betting if he likes. Win-Win.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Plenty of us here still
    We are many

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I feel ya man. I'm leaving if democrats win again in 2024. I will be too busy.
    Busy with what? You don’t have a real job and all you do is troll here. You leaving would be good for everyone here.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Busy with what? You don’t have a real job and all you do is troll here. You leaving would be good for everyone here.
    Look who's speaking of ''TROLLING''... omg... The hypocrisy..!!
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave slewfan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NoDraMa4YoMaMa
    NoDraMa4YoMaMa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5772

I think you can ignore the political crap, but last couple of months here haven't been the same. I think you can make reasons for the individual things that have happened here, but when they start piling up, something probably needs to be fixed. just my 2 cents...

Demonata

The civil war.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Give me advice.

edit --

Actually nevermind.

Its done.

Quitting this place.

Going elsewhere.

Good luck every1.

How did youon me I do not know?
    Two majors: #1. Politics and the #2, the #1 fan of Turmp?
    I thought all members knew #2.

GL.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    And so do just about all the sports cappers here.

We may have less posts and views with less drama for a while, but the 5 year plan is what the new owners are concerned about.

Attracting and keeping serious sports betting personalities interesting in participating here is the vision.

Plus, now we have a version of the old racially obsessed forum available just across the street anyway. Sanity Check should go there and enjoy talking to his like minded friends about politics and race. And then come back here afterward to talk sports and betting if he likes. Win-Win.
    Great post. I thought this weekend on the forum we had some outstanding sports banter, picks, debate, etc… it was refreshing. I’m rolling with you Optional. Let’s continue to make SBR the best.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

The only difference you are noticing is that we no longer have a mod policy to saloon all threads arguing for one political side, whilst clogging up Players Talk with non-sport topics that agree with the other political side.

All political threads are now being moved to the correct sub forum, whatever their agenda is.

Just keep your business in the Politics & Economy sub forum and there should be no problems for any "side" feeling like favortism is going on any more.

This is primarily a sports betting site. If your politics means you can't enjoy it as a sports betting site, then do not let that door hit your ass on the way out.

No one in power here cares about, or will tolerate, your political agenda anymore if it goes against their business model.
    Sites like this of course show deference to how the majority of the community feels.

Or else you have the debacle that plagued the NFL with their kneeling for the anthem BS and 3/4 of the seats sat empty. The other 1/4 had Trump shirts on.

A better example is CNN. Once one of the greatest brands on the planet. Now, can't even compete with Beverly Hillbilly rer-runs.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

The civil war.
    Lmao!! You’ll be the first one dead if that happens.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

The civil war.
    You are going to become a terrorist if your side loses an election? WOW

Demonata

Lmao!! You’ll be the first one dead if that happens.
    Nope.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    You are going to become a terrorist if your side loses an election? WOW
    It's not becoming a terrorist. You do not understand meanings behind words.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post

Sites like this of course show deference to how the majority of the community feels.

Or else you have the debacle that plagued the NFL with their kneeling for the anthem BS and 3/4 of the seats sat empty. The other 1/4 had Trump shirts on.

A better example is CNN. Once one of the greatest brands on the planet. Now, can't even compete with Beverly Hillbilly rer-runs.
    I mostly agree with that. And I really liked the SBR business model as it grew up, and how it was run by Lou and Shari when it was peaking.

But I can also see why they think that the anything goes attitude fitted well for offshore but won't fly as well as a front end when approaching US corporate books.

I'm hoping if they see mods can address the few rough edges that they really did not like, and were a bit critical of the moderator team over, then they'll leave us be long term. And that has pretty much been done already.

Players talk looks like a primarily sports forum to new visitors now as they wanted, instead of half the top threads being petty squabbles or arguments about news and politics and covid. Would be a bummer if that killed it, looking like it's too much about sports betting.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

It's not becoming a terrorist. You do not understand meanings behind words.
    I understand that any group taking up arms against the USA and facing the military is doomed
    Last edited by jackpot269; 01-24-22 at 02:29 PM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Give me advice.

edit --

Actually nevermind.

Its done.

Quitting this place.

Going elsewhere.

Good luck every1.

Dead from covid, because they are dumb.......

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I mostly agree with that. And I really liked the SBR business model as it grew up, and how it was run by Lou and Shari when it was peaking.

But I can also see why they think that the anything goes attitude fitted well for offshore but won't fly as well as a front end when approaching US corporate books.

I'm hoping if they see mods can address the few rough edges that they really did not like, and were a bit critical of the moderator team over, then they'll leave us be long term. And that has pretty much been done already.

Players talk looks like a primarily sports forum to new visitors now as they wanted, instead of half the top threads being petty squabbles or arguments about news and politics and covid. Would be a bummer if that killed it, looking like it's too much about sports betting.
    Good post. SBR has always had the best mods. Best posters too probably not coincidentally.

There are some pretty strange things said around here occasionally. And maybe in this woke world biz owners have to be careful. But if the folks around here want country music then you play country music. It's always easier to put a square peg in a square hole.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I understand that any group taking up arms against the USA and facing the military is doomed
    You really think the military supports biden? They wont die for him.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Great post. I thought this weekend on the forum we had some outstanding sports banter, picks, debate, etc… it was refreshing. I’m rolling with you Optional. Let’s continue to make SBR the best.
    This weekend's banter here was great.
    Similar to what SBR was like in the past.
    I spent a lot of my disposable free time here.

Very encouraging

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Maybe there are no Trump supporters left because he's a vaxx shilling sell out. He's alienated at least half of his supporters by doing that.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Insanity one of the worst partisan hacks out there is upset the 15 to 1 Ratio of Trump supporters to Biden supporters is down to 14 to 1. Priceless

Thor4140

It is kinda strange that guys like Insanity can’t figure out the difference between political threads and the other thousands of threads. This is a pathetic cry for right wing help and nothing more. Even in the MMA threads he can’t help himself by starting something political when he was asked 100 times not to do.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Joey is history Thor
    Accept it

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Joey is history Thor
    Accept it
    I wouldn’t mind if republicans put up a decent guy an not a conman or the piece of shit from florida. I’ll take the Republican conservative from Maryland if that is okay with you.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Jibs checking in...

Let's Go Brandon..

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind if republicans put up a decent guy an not a conman or the piece of shit from florida. I’ll take the Republican conservative from Maryland if that is okay with you.
    If you support a conservative from Maryland, how can you support Biden. You know he is a crook.!

That makes you either confused or a liar...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    If you support a conservative from Maryland, how can you support Biden. You know he is a crook.!

That makes you either confused or a liar...
    Uh, we just got rid of a crook. Try to keep up.

1234 Last