dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

cardiac ablation

had the procedure 21 days ago. was told it was no big deal so I opted for it. I did the research and I am now a little sorry I had the operation. It was in and out the same day but some of the possible problems--well I suffered all of them.

first headaches, I almost never suffer from a headache and in reality they are no big deal. but the vasovagal response can cause headaches but they are usually minor and they stopped. so that is great. next they must give you some type of SSRI medication for 30 days because your stomach will be upset. Multiply that problem with tubes down your throat for four or five hours and the effects multiply themselves. but again that problem has alleviated itself.

the worst IMO is the constant and debilitating fatigue. you literally cannot walk for more than 5 or 6 feet without becoming out of breath. the is what I am concerned about because what I researched tells me that should be lessening and it is not. even getting worse. I tell my physicians about it and they do not seem to be that concerned. the literature tells me it is very very rare for this to happen, we will see because it is disconcenring not being able to breathe properly--disconcenring to say the least.

Monday I will insist on seeing my doctors. Anybody have any feedback concerning this procedure. thanks. oh btw, it is used to cure AFib.
    Last edited by dante1; 06-18-21 at 05:20 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

I give you credit. The last place I ever want to go is to one of those places, have them knock me out, and then hope I wake up from whatever they did. Surgeons banging nurses in between reconnecting arteries and the like. But, my only help is to go get a few vitamin C infusions @ a Vitamin infusion center. They will let you know how much and how often you can do it that is safe. You will start to feel better from it.

I almost took my dog to one as he was near death, but he recovered.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

My mom did it about seven years ago for AFib. She's fine now and no AFib.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Yikes

Best of luck

Don't like the feeling if shortness of breathe...no bueno

nwwbig5
    nwwbig5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Best of luck!!

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I’m not sure about heart ablations, but I’ve had two radio frequency ablations in my left lung. Both times I felt ok the day of the out patient procedure and three or four days later the side effects would kick in. Shortness of breath and feeling worn out lasted several weeks. You should be using a airlife spirometer to help with your shortness of breath, it helps expand your lungs. Good luck

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    had the procedure 21 days ago. was told it was no big deal so I opted for it. I did the research and I am now a little sorry I had the operation. It was in and out the same day but some of the possible problems--well I suffered all of them.

first headaches, I almost never suffer from a headache and in reality they are no big deal. but the vasovagal response can cause headaches but they are usually minor and they stopped. so that is great. next they must give you some type of SSRI medication for 30 days because your stomach will be upset. Multiply that problem with tubes down your throat for four or five hours and the effects multiply themselves. but again that problem has alleviated itself.

the worst IMO is the constant and debilitating fatigue. you literally cannot walk for more than 5 or 6 feet without becoming out of breath. the is what I am concerned about because what I researched tells me that should be lessening and it is not. even getting worse. I tell my physicians about it and they do not seem to be that concerned. the literature tells me it is very very rare for this to happen, we will see because it is disconcenring not being able to breathe properly--disconcenring to say the least.

Monday I will insist on seeing my doctors. Anybody have any feedback concerning this procedure. thanks. oh btw, it is used to cure AFib.
    You should not be having fatigue or shortness or breath from the procedure. Maybe for a day or two but not this far out.

Do you know what your rhythm and blood pressure are now? Was the procedure successful?

Getting fatigued and winded after 5-6 steps is never normal.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

^ what he said, not normal
    going on 9 yrs since I had it done
    knock wood going good, rarely I get feeling heading out of normal rhythm but it passes
    get some more advice , shortness of breath not normal
    gl

The Kraken

you still kicking with us Dante?

The Kraken

Check in my man, how ya feeling? What'd soc say?

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post

I was diagnosed with AFIB about 2 years ago. Had 2 cadio-versions, 6 months apart, first did not work, the 2nd one did. A little different that ablation. With the meds i take everything is fine now. Question? Did your your cardio guy try you on meds before they did this procedure?