ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Is the Stock Mkt crashing?

Bad news, if it is.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

No. The govt will not let it. They have too much invested in it.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    No. The govt will not let it. They have too much invested in it.
    That's what I thought, Roger. I thought DOW would keep pace w/ the $$-printing.

Right now, it's getting buried. This could be bad.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

It is down 2%. Don't panic

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

May is one of the worst months for the market. Have you ever heard of the saying "sell in may and buy back in November"?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Getting slaughtered here but you'd have to be a complete idiot to sell now.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I don't think it's crashing, that'll come fall of 2022

But it's definitely correcting

Inflation is here, nobody has any money or a job, can't even get Wendy's for the family for under $30 anymore

Tax hikes are coming on corporations

Home ownership for lower Income is no longer a reality

Pensions are dead w Biden Bill forcing them to purchase the treasuries we issued

Fed is out of bullets going fwd (already at 0 rate)

Debt to GDP 110% (country officially bankrupt after Biden stimulus bill)

The vaccines aren't doing anything that the sun & wind don't do

FANG stocks all under pressure, small cap really struggling, com.ercial RE dead

I think those in power see masks & restrictions coming back in the fall based on what's happening worldwide, hence the "pent up demand" theory isn't playing out

Swaggy P

Everything is going to be fine. The market will recover like it always has.

ChuckyTheGoat

Fats, I think the mass exodus has to be coming.

Fewer and fewer reasons to live in USA. The globe is filled w/ pretty locales that happen to lay in impoverished areas. Your money can definitely stretch twice as far elsewhere.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

They're killing the retail traders. Since Trump left the office, most of the small and nano cap markets are down by as much as 70%. They're doing daily or few days a week by tanking SPY/Algos and taking the money from panic sellers. They do not give any advantage to traders. Yes, stock market/MM/SEC all belong to snake people who're part of NWO. And it appeared to be panic selling, but it's not. They use algos cleverly to tank the market as they wish. I only play low-float stocks, of which many are not affected by the market conditions. If you ask me, I would say OTC is better.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    They're killing the retail traders. Since Trump left the office, most of the small and nano cap markets are down by as much as 70%. They're doing daily or few days a week by tanking SPY/Algos and taking the money from panic sellers. They do not give any advantage to traders. Yes, stock market/MM/SEC all belong to snake people who're part of NWO. And it appeared to be panic selling, but it's not. They use algos cleverly to tank the market as they wish. I only play low-float stocks, of which many are not affected by the market conditions. If you ask me, I would say OTC is better.
    low float stocks as in?

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    low float stocks as in?
    I have few on my setup.
    Last edited by bhoor; 05-12-21 at 03:37 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Market is up 6% from start of March, 7% on the year, and 24% from the start of November. Crazy how people go nuts when it falls a few percent after rising 8 times that in the last 6 months. Would it even be a crash if it fell 20% back to November levels that were higher than pre-pandemic levels?

Inflation is real. But the Fed has pounded the table that it's transitory so it's hard to see how they could reverse themselves so quickly at this point. Of course if they're wrong, the longer they wait the worse it's going to be ultimately.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Market is up 6% from start of March, 7% on the year, and 24% from the start of November. Crazy how people go nuts when it falls a few percent after rising 8 times that in the last 6 months. Would it even be a crash if it fell 20% back to November levels that were higher than pre-pandemic levels?
    Inflation is real. But the Fed has pounded the table that it's transitory so it's hard to see how they could reverse themselves so quickly at this point. Of course if they're wrong, the longer they wait the worse it's going to be ultimately.

Yes, they went hard on nano and small cap, while pumping big-cap stocks( big corps). Saying 6% up does not tell the picture.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Yes, they went hard on nano and small cap, while pumping big-cap stocks( big corps). Saying 6% up does not tell the picture.
    Of course there's pockets and bubbles in the market. I'm talking about the S&P 500. It could fall another 20% from here and that's not a crash when it just went up more than 20% in the past 6 months and it was up like another 50% in the 8 months before that.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Liquidity, liquidity, 5 Trillion or so in MM/Cash returning 0 or negative. Be patient , find solid companies and buy the dip (longer term).

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Liquidity, liquidity, 5 Trillion or so in MM/Cash returning 0 or negative. Be patient , find solid companies and buy the dip (longer term).
    You can't buy in with the political uncertainty surrounding corporate taxes and cap gains....unless you see something akin to a 25% pull back.

After all, what if the libs pump another $4trillion into the economy lol

They sure as he'll want to....but then your BK Whopper will cost $16.

Don't forget, the Fed is FORCING us pension systems to buy their treasuries, all $12 trillion of them...at like 1%

What happens when pensions earn 1% return? They default to their pensionaires.

That's what's coming under Bidens plan here....unless the Govt bails them out too at a later date lol

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Not yet. But if there's another major sells off tomorrow and/or Friday, Caution, lookout below. And the recovery wont be a V this time either...

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Yea. What bulls said during internet bubble.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

thanks trump

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Ask yourself: what the motive was behind gamestop and the so called retail investment movement.

If you can figure it out, you know where the market is headed.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Of course it's going to crash. You have the worst economic President in history in office. What the fuk do you think will happen. Barely 5 months in and the asshole has already destroyed the economy.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

Ask yourself: what the motive was behind gamestop and the so called retail investment movement.

If you can figure it out, you know where the market is headed.
    To suck in Joe Public to inflate prices at which time (now) the wealthy can bail leaving Joe Public holding the bag?
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Of course it's going to crash. You have the worst economic President in history in office. What the fuk do you think will happen. Barely 5 months in and the asshole has already destroyed the economy.
    The S&P 500 is currently up about 25% since Biden won.
    Points Awarded:

EasyCover gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    To suck in Joe Public to inflate prices at which time (now) the wealthy can bail leaving Joe Public holding the bag?
    Close.

More about what happened in the lead up to the Great Depression.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Close.

More about what happened in the lead up to the Great Depression.

I can't say I wouldn't have the biggest smile on my face in my life if that stock market completely crashed. Burn it down! I agree with the Joker.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Corporate Fukks™

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Shitty thing to say but hope it crashes that's how you make money

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

I don't think it will crash, it is just a correction.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Shitty thing to say but hope it crashes that's how you make money

Not this time. And the Great whore New Babylon fell and was devoured..........

Babylon, the Prostitute on the Beast

17 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”
    3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:
    babylon the great
    the mother of prostitutes
    and of the abominations of the earth.

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
    When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Not this time. And the Great whore New Babylon fell and was devoured..........

Babylon, the Prostitute on the Beast

17 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”
    3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:
    babylon the great
    the mother of prostitutes
    and of the abominations of the earth.

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
    When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. 18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

United Nations is in New York. Also, much significance to the Statue of Liberty figure.........I could go on for hours of the "why". Buckle up your seat-belts because IF the supernatural is here.......you're in for one helluva ride son.

Sanity Check

For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. 18

Handing over our state sovereignty & right to self govern?

Its good that they dumb it down for us.

Sanity Check

There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4

I don't like to ponder topics like this.

The most obvious explanation is "7 heads" referring to the 7 continents.

Asia, africa, north america, south america, antarctica, europe, australia.

10 horns could mean the 7 continents are sub divided into 10 separate territories headed by 10 different people.

With the whore of babylon being the person they all answer to.

But I don't like to think about topics like these (which bring all the cocky egomaniacs to the yard), I'm certain there could easily be deeper and more pronounced meanings to everything.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

@ hehfest

shaddup dummy. You know nothing about investments because you have no money.

For the rest of you who do have a little money... liquidate your stock holdings and liquidate your cash.

Buy and hold two important precious metals, Gold and Palladium. Both are up 50% over the last 2 years. PALL and IAU are two ETF's that are backed by physical metals. No mining companies. No BS.

123 Last