flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Can someone please explain the Covid situation in America to me?

I haven't lived there for 7 years. I only go back once a year to visit. Of course since Covid started I have not been back. When I talk to people I know and see stuff on facebook and the internet it seems like Covid is pretty much done with? I doubt that is the case, why are stadiums going to be full again and everything open?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

post some videos of the vietnam basketball league somehow espn isnt showing any highlights

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

The US values the stock market and "The Economy" more than people's lives. The media are giving the people a false sense of safety and the people are tired of the masks and protocols and want it to be over so they are just pretending like the Virus just disappeared (which of course isn't true).
    Points Awarded:

BuckyOne gave EmpireMaker 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

Everyone in the USA that wanted the vaccine has gotten it by now. If you didn’t get it then that’s on you. Those ppl didn’t care about this flu on steroids to begin with. Covid is over

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Covid was 2020, no one fukin cares anymore. In my state you pretty much get looked at like you are a weirdo if you show up with a mask on because no one else has been wearing one for months now. I can't even remember the last time I heard someone even say the word Covid.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I haven't lived there for 7 years. I only go back once a year to visit. Of course since Covid started I have not been back. When I talk to people I know and see stuff on facebook and the internet it seems like Covid is pretty much done with? I doubt that is the case, why are stadiums going to be full again and everything open?
    My uncle just died from it in January. That s him on my avatar. COVID is away for shithead kids to kill their parents for inheritance money and get away with it.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

The media is just trying to make Biden look like he did some thing positive because he has failed at everything else. If Trump were still President everything would still be closed. Its all about politics.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I would pay 20k now for a vaccine! I am unable to leave Vietnam due to Covid.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

When the spanish flu was making its rounds.

Thousands of people were dying.

And no one noticed.

They thought the pandemic was only raging in spain.

That's how these things go. It could be good or bad and no one would notice.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    My uncle just died from it in January. That s him on my avatar. COVID is away for shithead kids to kill their parents for inheritance money and get away with it.
    sorry to hear that. my condolences.

a co-worker of mine passed away last month from covid. another co-worker was in the hospital for like 3 months battling and luckily made it thru and is back. i know a few others indirectly who passed away.

metsuck is right about the vaccines and such at this point. if you wanted it and got it, you can do things like normal except public transportation and schools and a couple of other places. if you did not want the vaccine, you can still do things like normal now anyway.

it is up to you to assess your risk and do what you want. they say if you took a vaccine that you will probably need a booster at about 12 months out from last vaccine dose but they are not 100% sure.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    When the spanish flu was making its rounds.

Thousands of people were dying.

And no one noticed.

They thought the pandemic was only raging in spain.

That's how these things go. It could be good or bad and no one would notice.
    100 years ago they didn't have access to the kind of data that we do now.

Covid still going around, but at the lower levels than anytime since the start. Because of the vaccines. We'll see if that reverses at all after we live awhile with mass events and unmasking.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if anyone has been charged with with intentional covid infection. I'm sure it has happened.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    100 years ago they didn't have access to the kind of data that we do now.
    100 years ago, data was represeed in every country except spain.

No one noticed.

Nothing is different today.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    The media is just trying to make Biden look like he did some thing positive because he has failed at everything else. If Trump were still President everything would still be closed. Its all about politics.
    Yeah it's amazing that covid automatically disappeared when Biden won lol.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

It's real

A crap shoot on how it affects every individual and it's one of those things you won't necessarily take serious unless affected by it.

One of my bosses, has had for a weeks and now in the hospital.

She's only like 40 and always good health.

I know I've had it as has just about everyone else I'm around daily, but was never really noticable.

There's still so much unknown about it and why taking the 'vaccine' is also a crap shoot.
    Last edited by Hman; 05-20-21 at 08:46 AM.

Demonata

I also know everything flu related is being called covid in the hospital. Since hospitals get more money if it's labeled as covid.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

You have a vaccine so numbers are coming down. The govt wants to move on now and businesses want to get back to making money. So we are going forward. Any problems will be blamed on people not getting the vaccine. So things go well for the summer and then probably start picking up in the fall when the shots run out and variants start kicking up.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Biden got in and you stopped hearing about Covid killing down people there from the media.

Just something I noticed.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    It's real

A crap shoot on how it affects every individual and it's one of those things you won't necessarily take serious unless affected by it.

One of my bosses, has had for a weeks and now in the hospital.

She's only like 40 and always good health.

I know I've had it as has just about everyone else I'm around daily, but was never really noticable.

There's still so much unknown about it and why taking the 'vaccine' is also a crap shoot.
    when you hear things like that with your boss and other "younger" people it gets scary

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I also know everything flu related is being called covid in the hospital. Since hospitals get more money if it's labeled as covid.
    With fruitloops between your ears, you prove everyday here on SBR you don't know shyte..

Roger T. Bannon

If you have a 90% vaccine, basically everyone can expect to get COVID three times in their lifetime. Everyone is getting it eventually.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Biden got in and you stopped hearing about Covid killing down people there from the media.

Just something I noticed.
    Maybe because the numbers are way down now?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    If you have a 90% vaccine, basically everyone can expect to get COVID three times in their lifetime. Everyone is getting it eventually.
    Nonsense. Did everyone get polio? Measles? Etc etc.

Roger T. Bannon

Nonsense. Did everyone get polio? Measles? Etc etc.
    COVID is a flu shot. This is flu that spreads like cold. It does not give you permanent protection and it does not give you 100% protection. There is no cure for the cold.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    COVID is a flu shot. This is flu that spreads like cold. It does not give you permanent protection and it does not give you 100% protection. There is no cure for the cold.
    Flu shots are about 50% efficacy. Covid shots appear to be about 90-95% efficacy. Very different.

I had the flu once as a kid and never in 26 years as an adult.

Roger T. Bannon

I've had the flu a lot of times. I would get sick usually once a year and it was usually the flu.

There are several possibilities here. In some things get better and in some things get worse and in a few things get a lot worse.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    With fruitloops between your ears, you prove everyday here on SBR you don't know shyte..
    Nope I trust my family members who's a doctor more than democrat like you. I know way more than you ever will.

Demonata

Flu shots are about 50% efficacy. Covid shots appear to be about 90-95% efficacy. Very different.

I had the flu once as a kid and never in 26 years as an adult.
    You are making up numbers again like usual. It's impossible to know how efficient they are. Especially to base a percentage on it.

Demonata

I would fear cancer before I ever feared dying from covid.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Situation is the same everywhere else. Odds of dying from China Virus same as dying from the flu. Dont mind the scared sheep. They are all suckers. Baaa

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3597

<---------- Pompous President #45__________His Pompous Fan ---------->

CLOWN and JOKER = Member of the Same Species, "Pompous Azz"

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I would fear cancer before I ever feared dying from covid.
    Hell, I fear getting accidentally hit in the eye with these little laser thermometers that various businesses use to check the temp on my forehead when entering more than I do a damn virus.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave deltgen 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8848

Covid gave America a sneak preview of what a single party, communists dictator rule would look like in that country last year, and even this year somewhat.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

It depends on where you live. If you live in a blue state like Michigan, New York or California..... they shut everything, killed the economy, threw some crumbs your way in the form of stimulus and extra unemployment, overreached their authority in the name of public health in order to exercise control over their constituents. In the blue states, the covid death rate was 0.22%

In Florid and Texas, the economy remained open, mask wearing was recommended but not required, and attempts by local governments to overreach their authority were quickly quashed. These economies are now booming, residents from NY, NJ and CA are flocking here in droves. The covid death rate for Texas and Florida was 0.12%.

These are the facts. Freedom wins again. Political tyranny results in a poor economy and higher deaths. Just the way the liberals want it.

Source: https://www.heritage.org/data-visual...ates-by-state/

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    The US values the stock market and "The Economy" more than people's lives. The media are giving the people a false sense of safety and the people are tired of the masks and protocols and want it to be over so they are just pretending like the Virus just disappeared (which of course isn't true).
    I think this is a good summary. Perhaps, add in there was pitiful unity in the country to respond to covid together based on political agendas which were also deemed more important than people's lives.

12 Last