TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3597

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Up here in New England upscale restaurants are cutting hours of their business.
    They can't get enough proper staffing.
    100% true here in CT.

My cousin wants to run 7 days but has to close on Sunday and Monday.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Well this sure aged well...

I live in Florida, COVID is exploding again, 20% of the new cases in the entire U.S. are here, hospitals reaching capacity
    Wonder if this has anything to do w the 50,000 illegals a week Biden is letting in? They aren't staying in AZ or TX...they're coming to Florida.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    100% true here in CT.

Your cousin can thank your buddy Biden for that. Guy hates America and won't be satisfied until every small business is ruined and every little broke bitch who has server jobs relies on the government for handouts.

Anyone who voted for Biden should be ashamed of themselves.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Anyone who voted for Biden should be ashamed of themselves.
    Damn, harsh. That's an awful lot of the U.S. population considering all the unvaccinated Trump voters who are now dead

BrickJames
    Action

Damn, harsh. That's an awful lot of the U.S. population considering all the unvaccinated Trump voters who are now dead
    Dead? You mean coming down with a mild flu?

You people really are unreal.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

What does politics have anything to do with it? I voted for Trump and am vaccinated. Why do dems make everything political? Unreal.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    What does politics have anything to do with it? I voted for Trump and am vaccinated. Why do dems make everything political? Unreal.
    Bro, it's literally established data. More Republicans are unvaccinated than Dems. Doesn't mean a Trump voter can't be vaccinated. But it comes down to straight math, not biased politics. And the fact that I even have to explain this to you doesn't look great for Trump voters' IQs...

blankoblanco

Dead? You mean coming down with a mild flu?

You people really are unreal.
    You're right, nobody's dying from it. Thank God. Case closed

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

This thread did not age well.

BrickJames
    Action

You're right, nobody's dying from it. Thank God. Case closed
    They definitely are not, they're dying from obesity and old age. The same people would die from any sickness that came along.

blankoblanco

They definitely are not, they're dying from obesity and old age. The same people would die from any sickness that came along.
    Well, this guy wasn't obese or old: https://old.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...n_and_prayers/

Perhaps died of blackness. I hear that's a common thing when cops are involved, maybe viruses are in on it too

blankoblanco

TBH I don't even like presenting completely anecdotal arguments. Was just hard not to when it's in direct opposition to a counter-argument

And, like, the Delta variant of COVID is serious business, and it's gonna continue being around, for a while. It's not going away. If you're fearing the vaccine, look, I sorta get that, but you're ultimately fearing the wrong damn thing. Consider that it's insane not to trust a massive group of scientists over a goddamn virus when they've spent a damn year studying it and creating the solution

I distrust the government in a ton of cases and still knew to trust this. Please get your shit together for your own sake and for the sake and safety of everyone around you

BrickJames
    Action

TBH I don't even like presenting completely anecdotal arguments. Was just hard not to when it's in direct opposition to a counter-argument

And, like, the Delta variant of COVID is serious business, and it's gonna continue being around, for a while. It's not going away. If you're fearing the vaccine, look, I sorta get that, but you're ultimately fearing the wrong damn thing. Consider that it's insane not to trust a massive group of scientists over a goddamn virus when they've spent a damn year studying it and creating the solution

I distrust the government in a ton of cases and still knew to trust this. Please get your shit together for your own sake and for the sake and safety of everyone around you
    News flash, people die of all kinds of different things everyday. People die in car accidents. People died stumbling on the street bumping their head on the pavement.

People are going to die regardless.

The Delta variant is not serious business.

Man up and turn off the CNN

blankoblanco

News flash, people die of all kinds of different things everyday. People die in car accidents. People died stumbling on the street bumping their head on the pavement.

People are going to die regardless.
    Alright, so you're way too fking stupid to be reasoned with about this. Thanks for making that clear. Math and risk assessment are admittedly not easy for everyone

Only wasted a little bit of my time. Could've been worse. Carry on

BrickJames
    Action

Alright, so you're way too fking stupid to be reasoned with about this. Thanks for making that clear. Math and risk assessment are admittedly not easy for everyone

Only wasted a little bit of my time. Could've been worse. Carry on
    Like I said before you turn off the CNN and stop being brainwashed by the leftist media man the penetrate up and go outside and live your life.

You know you're wrong that's why you have to resort to personal insults. You don't even know me. Loser

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

TRUMP just said they are in hospital because they have the flu. Anything else is fake news but please donate to his TRUMP FUND. Lawyers are expensive and Trump and I thank you so much.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Bro, it's literally established data. More Republicans are unvaccinated than Dems. Doesn't mean a Trump voter can't be vaccinated. But it comes down to straight math, not biased politics. And the fact that I even have to explain this to you doesn't look great for Trump voters' IQs...
    Source?

You could be right, I just find it dubious that there are accurate lists of vaccinated along with their political affiliation.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    TRUMP just said they are in hospital because they have the flu. Anything else is fake news but please donate to his TRUMP FUND. Lawyers are expensive and Trump and I thank you so much.
    Trump is the reason we have the vaccine dipshit.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Take off masks

tommir99
    tommir99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9148

Like I said before you turn off the CNN and stop being brainwashed by the leftist media man the penetrate up and go outside and live your life.

You know you're wrong that's why you have to resort to personal insults. You don't even know me. Loser
    I think it's hilarious that the vaccinated people (who should be safe and protected now) are the ones who feel the need to resort to name calling. Maybe, just maybe they're not sure they made the right decision... could it be

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Florida tops the nation in new COVID cases

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Source?

You could be right, I just find it dubious that there are accurate lists of vaccinated along with their political affiliation.
    ya i'm sure that data is spot on accurate lol...have you every met more dumbf*cks in 1 single spot than on this site? it's really incredible

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Florida is a covid clusterfukk. Way to go DeathSantis.

BRISTOL, Florida – The calls haven’t stopped.

For the last week, paramedic Melissa Peddie has fielded them back-to-back for cases of COVID-19.
    Peddie runs the only ambulance in Liberty County, a sprawling, sparsely populated community in Florida’s rural Big Bend, where as of last week just 23.9% of residents were fully vaccinated. The county has seen a dramatic surge in COVID-19 cases during July, mirroring other communities across the nation where many people have not gotten the shot.
    Peddie, 51, is among the small minority. For her, vaccination was a “no-brainer.”

“I knew I would get the vaccine,” she said. “Every day I climb in the back of that truck is a risk."
    As the highly contagious delta variant rapidly spreads, Liberty County is a hot zone in a state on fire. Florida leads the nation in new cases, recording more this week than California, Texas, New York and Illinois combined. And like elsewhere, the unvaccinated make up nearly all of the hospitalized and the dead.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-t...151309966.html

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    100% true here in CT.

I'm in Fairfield Ct.
    My buddy runs a very nice breakfast/lunch spot (no dinner) closes at 4pm
    He's closed now M-W until he finds competent help.

tommir99

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Florida is a covid clusterfukk. Way to go DeathSantis.

BRISTOL, Florida – The calls haven’t stopped.

For the last week, paramedic Melissa Peddie has fielded them back-to-back for cases of COVID-19.
    Peddie runs the only ambulance in Liberty County, a sprawling, sparsely populated community in Florida’s rural Big Bend, where as of last week just 23.9% of residents were fully vaccinated. The county has seen a dramatic surge in COVID-19 cases during July, mirroring other communities across the nation where many people have not gotten the shot.
    Peddie, 51, is among the small minority. For her, vaccination was a “no-brainer.”

“I knew I would get the vaccine,” she said. “Every day I climb in the back of that truck is a risk."
    As the highly contagious delta variant rapidly spreads, Liberty County is a hot zone in a state on fire. Florida leads the nation in new cases, recording more this week than California, Texas, New York and Illinois combined. And like elsewhere, the unvaccinated make up nearly all of the hospitalized and the dead.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-t...151309966.html
    Yahoo news...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

tommir99

Yeah, I know. They all say the same thing. Maybe slightly different words, but the essence is the same. I will choose..... say CNN. Would that be fine? Find me a cnn link and I will read it carefully

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

fukin liars trying to scare us

https://www.fox13news.com/news/flori...ince-last-week

- Florida's COVID-19 hospitalizations again jumped significantly this week as the vaccination rate in rural counties where some of the worst outbreaks are occurring remains well below the state and national average.
    The state hospital association says about 5,300 Floridians are now hospitalized with COVID, a 65% jump since last week and nearly a tripling since June 14. Officials have said more than 95% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

- Florida's COVID-19 hospitalizations again jumped significantly this week as the vaccination rate in rural counties where some of the worst outbreaks are occurring remains well below the state and national average.
    The state hospital association says about 5,300 Floridians are now hospitalized with COVID, a 65% jump since last week and nearly a tripling since June 14. Officials have said more than 95% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated.
    Cases rising. Hospitalizations will get worse and then death follows. Nearly all preventable. It's just ridiculous.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

A few in my state.

Visited hospitals when local news claimed they were overflowing with COVID patients.

All they saw were empty hospitals.

Covid: The truth behind videos of 'empty' hospitals

What do the videos show?

They're mostly filmed by individuals walking through quiet hospital corridors and are being posted in Facebook groups and on the Twitter feeds of coronavirus sceptics and anti-lockdown activists.

There have been videos taken of dozens of locations and some have been viewed hundreds of thousands of times.
    The number of Covid patients has increased significantly in recent weeks and there are serious concerns about the NHS's ability to cope with the surge.

However, because of the way healthcare trusts have reorganised hospitals, often separating Covid patients from others, and cancelling non-urgent care to free up capacity, some parts of hospital buildings will currently look empty. That doesn't mean hospitals aren't busy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/55560714

A legit method to confirm whether hospitals are busy or not.

Would be very useful atm.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 07-24-21 at 10:19 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    A few in my state.

Visited hospitals when local news claimed they were overflowing with COVID patients.

All they saw were empty hospitals.

Covid: The truth behind videos of 'empty' hospitals

What do the videos show?

They're mostly filmed by individuals walking through quiet hospital corridors and are being posted in Facebook groups and on the Twitter feeds of coronavirus sceptics and anti-lockdown activists.

There have been videos taken of dozens of locations and some have been viewed hundreds of thousands of times.
    The number of Covid patients has increased significantly in recent weeks and there are serious concerns about the NHS's ability to cope with the surge.

However, because of the way healthcare trusts have reorganised hospitals, often separating Covid patients from others, and cancelling non-urgent care to free up capacity, some parts of hospital buildings will currently look empty. That doesn't mean hospitals aren't busy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/55560714

Yeah, I'm sure those rural Florida counties are lying about the hospitalizations. Makes sense.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure those rural Florida counties are lying about the hospitalizations. Makes sense.
    Reported COVID statistics are a single point of failure.

For the same reasons poll data is easy to manipulate.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Reported COVID statistics are a single point of failure.

For the same reasons poll data is easy to manipulate.
    Hospitalization data is not that difficult and doesn't lie. The cases data is tricky.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Wonder if this has anything to do w the 50,000 illegals a week Biden is letting in? They aren't staying in AZ or TX...they're coming to Florida.

And from the OP who started the thread by applauding Santos for dropping all restrictions as well!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Asking them has always been a legit method in the past.

Still is in normal people's minds.

Nothing will convince people who want to imagine the entire health care profession is conspiring together to lie to you.

First 12345 Last