ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24625

Sopranos: theoretical questions

Start w/ the premise that Sopranos = life.

That said, any reasonable theory question allowed:

*Did AJ disappoint Tony?
    ...Given that Christopher died, Tony didn't really have an offspring that was capable of carrying on his name in the mafia.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Good scene:

I don't think Tony wanted the mafia life for AJ anyway like how he wanted to steer Jackie Jr away from it. As for Christopher, he wasn't going to carry on Tony's name as his last name is Moltisanti and his blood relation to Tony was non-existent. He was more related to Carmela I think. Chris' father was a mentor to Tony so that's why he called him his nephew.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Good stuff, Foxx.

So many layers to 'Sopranos' when u peel back the onion.

ChuckyTheGoat

*Why did Tony choke-out Christopher, after the car rolled?

...Granted, he was in bad shape. Maybe < 50/50 to survive. Why choke him out at that specific time and not seek out medical help?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Tony Soprano is running in the last harness race at Harrah's Philly in 15 minutes. Fyi.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3198

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

...Granted, he was in bad shape. Maybe < 50/50 to survive. Why choke him out at that specific time and not seek out medical help?
    Was suffering too much. Tony was a man that could take anyone's life. Another layer of the onion.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Good scene:

I don't think Tony wanted the mafia life for AJ anyway like how he wanted to steer Jackie Jr away from it. As for Christopher, he wasn't going to carry on Tony's name as his last name is Moltisanti and his blood relation to Tony was non-existent. He was more related to Carmela I think. Chris' father was a mentor to Tony so that's why he called him his nephew.

vitturd probably relates to this clip very well. as no doubt his dad felt the same way about his loser ass............

kids in the lying phony's school all used to tease his ass off, and claim the best part of the wussy rolled down his mama's leg............
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave Auto Donk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

If my memory serves correctly, Tony was about to call 911, but then saw a branch had gone through the window behind Christopher and through the empty car seat in the back. He decided Christopher was better off dead since he was using, and the baby could be in the car next time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mrpapageorgio

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    If my memory serves correctly, Tony was about to call 911, but then saw a branch had gone through the window behind Christopher and through the empty car seat in the back. He decided Christopher was better off dead since he was using, and the baby could be in the car next time.
    Good stuff. I love how the writers build in the inter-woven theme of "family" the business vs "family" the bloodlines.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

He was getting ready to call 911, but Chris told Tony he needed him to call a cab and get him out of there because he'd fail the drug test which caused Tony to stop mid-dial. Between that and seeing the branch impaling the baby seat, Tony had enough. It was a combination of Christopher being too much of a liability since he kept falling off the wagon and Tony's soft spot for animals/children.

Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 04-15-21 at 11:06 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: EasyCover

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

[QUOTE=7deuceoff$uit;30216372]If my memory serves correctly, Tony was about to call 911, but then saw a branch had gone through the window behind Christopher and through the empty car seat in the back. He decided Christopher was better off dead since he was using, and the baby could be in the car next time.[/QUOTE

Yes, for his own good. Hurt Tony to do it but Christopher needed it.

What is your call on the last scene?

My guess was that just as the daughter was walking in she saw the shooter come out of the bathroom and kill her 3 family members , brush her aside and walk out the door - end of Sopranos

The guy at the counter is my second choice

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Because he was a junkie, Tony knew he would never recover and he saw that is a perfect opportunity to get rid of Christopher while simultaneously keeping his hands clean.

Drugs are strictly forbidden in the mafia especially doing them.

BrickJames
    Action

[QUOTE=BuckyOne;30216538]
    If my memory serves correctly, Tony was about to call 911, but then saw a branch had gone through the window behind Christopher and through the empty car seat in the back. He decided Christopher was better off dead since he was using, and the baby could be in the car next time.[/QUOTE

Yes, for his own good. Hurt Tony to do it but Christopher needed it.

What is your call on the last scene?

My guess was that just as the daughter was walking in she saw the shooter come out of the bathroom and kill her 3 family members , brush her aside and walk out the door - end of Sopranos

The guy at the counter is my second choice
    When the screen goes dark Tony gets shot in the back of the head in front of his whole family, the shooter drops a gun and walks out of the restaurant.

It makes complete sense since the whole series was basically from his point of view and revolved around him.

I don't think the mob is big on whacking out women and children.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3198

Car accident... Christopher rocking to Comfortably Numb. Perfect.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Car accident... Christopher rocking to Comfortably Numb. Perfect.
    Best Sopranos finale:

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Start w/ the premise that Sopranos = life.

That said, any reasonable theory question allowed:

*Did AJ disappoint Tony?
    ...Given that Christopher died, Tony didn't really have an offspring that was capable of carrying on his name in the mafia.
    I think AJ was always supposed to be a disappointment to Tony. Disappointing children was part of Tony's struggle in the series. I don't think it was any accident that all the important characters who were supposed to be Italian were played by actual Italians except Meadow played by Cuban/Jewish girl and AJ played by a chubby Irish kid.

If we are strictly staying within the fictitious series though, yes I think he was a disappointment. I think if AJ was a tough guy Italian who could handle things Tony would have welcomed him into the business. He only told AJ he was a nice guy and never wanted that life for him to make AJ feel better.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 04-16-21 at 01:58 AM.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I think AJ was always supposed to be a disappointment to Tony. Disappointing children was part of Tony's struggle in the series. I don't think it was any accident that all the important characters who were supposed to be Italian were played by actual Italians except Meadow played by Cuban/Jewish girl and AJ played by a chubby Irish kid.

If we are strictly staying within the fictitious series though, yes I think he was a disappointment. I think if AJ was a tough guy Italian who could handle things Tony would have welcomed him into the business. He only told AJ he was a nice guy and never wanted that life for him to make AJ feel better.
    Though he showed promise in pop-warner, AJ never had the makings of a varsity athlete, and he certainly wasn't a Gary Cooper type.
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave 7deuceoff$uit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Tony was never happy....fighting with kids...his crew...richie...carmela etc. The star that was never spoken about was carmela...she played a great role n her acting superb. The 3 that I thought were stars were Johnnie sack...carmela...ralphie

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

nyplayer33

Reunion they had....junior was very close to gandolphini..he was brought to tears by the closeness they had

nyplayer33

Lol....classic

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Tony was never happy....fighting with kids...his crew...richie...carmela etc. The star that was never spoken about was carmela...she played a great role n her acting superb. The 3 that I thought were stars were Johnnie sack...carmela...ralphie
    The actor who played Johnny Sac was brilliant.

The actor who played Ralph did very well. Ralph wears on you and becomes universally hated. You know it's well-acted, if he can wear on you like that.

nyplayer33

I love when carmela tells tony she wants furio..she has hots for him..lol.

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3919

The best one to me was Uncle Junior. His sense of humor and one liners were priceless.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I love when carmela tells tony she wants furio..she has hots for him..lol.
    she wanted that priest also. wanted some of his special communion.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by EasyCover View Post
    The best one to me was Uncle Junior. His sense of humor and one liners were priceless.
    "I've got the feds so far up my ass I can taste brylcreem."

sammy harks back on the real life sopranos, the DeCalvecante's, fukkin' up a hit and having several members get pinched.... all because a decalvacante capo didn't want sammy's crew to clip the guy in his new mansion he was in the process of building:

Jersey, the home of bobby waves, has always been full of fuk ups........

sammy: "does it bother you? what if I kill him in your bedroom? you won't be able to sleep nights?"

decalvacante pussy who's balking about having a guy wacked in his house: "no, no, c'mon Sammy, it's not like that. but I mean, you know......"

sammy: "No, I don't know. I know this guy's gotta go."

they don't call jersey "the asshole of the nation" for nothing......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-17-21 at 11:06 AM.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    she wanted that priest also. wanted some of his special communion.
    Remember when she made a pass at the home-builder? Guy made out w/ her.

Next day: "Where is he?"

"He's at another site."

Smartest move that guy ever made. Saved his ass.

Auto Donk

one of my favorite scenes...... kind of reminds me of when JJ was trying to sell us on trying to get into the mob.....

now, the two fahgs on the couch conjur up visions of a typical jj/vitturd weekend in the lehigh valley.....

ChuckyTheGoat

That's a great scene, Donk. Furio is an animal.

There's one clip where Furio is talking to Tony. The actor drops his accent for a second and says "What are you gonna do?" WITHOUT the Sicilian dialect. Not sure how that made the cut but it did.

Auto Donk

furio was great at first, then turned into somewhat of a pussy, with that stupid fukkin' house and dumbass carmella after him.....

Auto Donk

some good furio shit here: I may shake down that new Star Massage and pull the same routine he does in that rub n tug.....

(second scene).... second all time fav furio scene:

ChuckyTheGoat

Imagine if he had shoved Tony thru the airplane blades and finished him off right there.

BrickJames
    Action

I love when Furio busts up the rub and tug that was coming up short.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I love when Furio busts up the rub and tug that was coming up short.
    He was a fu-ckin animal in that scene. Went fkin crazy.

Remember his trip back to Sicily for Dad's funeral? Loved his chat w/ the old don. He spelled it out for Furio. Just brilliant writing.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

This is a great clip:

Has nothing to do with Furio but a great clip

1234 Last