PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome new WWII series for a selected few! Atlantic Crossing (2021)

Here's your guide..

You'll be able to find it on the web somewhere...

As it's a collaboration of Norway|Germany|USA|Sweden|Denmark|UK

Language: Norwegian | English | Swedish | Danish | German
    Release Date: 4 April 2021 (USA) See more »

Companies: NRK TV

Filming Locations:
    Czech Republic See more »

1940. Norway is occupied by Nazi Germany. Crown Princess Märtha and her children find shelter as political refugees in the White House.

Her presence in Washington soon influences President Roosevelt's views on the tragic events unfolding in Europe and eventually changes the dynamics of U.S. politics significantly.

What starts as an affair turns into love and turmoil when Märtha speaks out publicly against the Nazi tyranny. In an attempt to fight for her country, she puts her marriage at risk and convinces the President to support Norway – a first step in the struggle that will lead to the U.S. joining the War.

However, Märtha's actions cause her to make many enemies, some of them even closer then she thinks: within the walls of the White House.

PBS is airing this series. Episode two will air Sunday.

EDIT

Here ya go, one stop shop of complete and rest of 8 part series airing on Sundays..

As of now, just two episodes have been aired...

Episodes

DISPLAYING 8 EPISODES

FULL EPISODE

Episode 1

Norwegian Crown Princess Martha (Sofia Helin) and her husband Prince Olav visit U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt (Kyle MacLachlan) in 1939. A year later they must flee the Nazi invasion of their country.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 2

Prince Olav and the King plan their escape. Meanwhile, Princess Martha and the children take refuge with her Swedish royal relatives. But the Nazis threaten the King if he harbors the Crown Princess.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 3

While bombs fall on Olav and the King in London, Martha and the children are in the U.S. where President Roosevelt extends a special invitation.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 4

Martha is pressured to exploit her friendship with the president. Roosevelt defies isolationists to push the Lend-Lease act. Martha and the children get a surprise Christmas present.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 5

Martha uses dinner-table tactics to help Norway. The first lady gives Martha unusual lessons in public speaking. The president gets on dangerous ground with Martha.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 6

America enters the war, and Olav arrives from England. Missy grows suspicious of ties between Roosevelt and Martha, as does Olav. Meanwhile, a dastardly Nazi plot unfolds.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 7

A Nazi agent slips through the cracks, putting the children at risk. Martha travels to England and gets a shock. A Norwegian war hero meets a tragic fate.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 8

With the war almost over, Roosevelt’s health takes a bad turn. Olav tries to keep Norway out of the clutches of the Soviets. He also faces rocky relations with Martha.
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 04-12-21 at 11:09 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

saloon

and

gfu

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Will there be nudity?

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Here's a guide to where this will be...

Saloon this shit!!!

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6149

Looks like a must watch for me. Thank you for posting. I would not have seen this otherwise.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

I love WW2 stuff thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER

I see major depressive Cinndy chimed in..

Cinndy,
    Do you hurt 24/7 or just when you're conscious?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    Looks like a must watch for me. Thank you for posting. I would not have seen this otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    I love WW2 stuff thanks

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I watched it last weekend. It was really good.

Spoiler alert (don't read if you want to watch the first episode):

I especially liked when the Queen of Norway was trying to get into Sweden after the Germans attacked Norway. She didn't have her passport because she had to rush. All she had was her drivers license. Even still the border guard wouldn't let them pass into Sweden.

Then the guy driving the car said something like "how do you think the king of Sweden will feel when is niece was denied access into the country?" The border guard still didn't let them in.

So the driver revved his engine a few times and as he was driving toward the arm that blocks the roadway, the Swedish guard lifted it up. I suppose that allowed him to cover his ass.
    Nomination(s):

PAULYPOKER

Here ya go, one stop shop of complete and rest of 8 part series airing on Sundays..

As of now, just two episodes have been aired...
    I have edited OP as well!

Episodes

DISPLAYING 8 EPISODES

FULL EPISODE

Episode 1

Norwegian Crown Princess Martha (Sofia Helin) and her husband Prince Olav visit U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt (Kyle MacLachlan) in 1939. A year later they must flee the Nazi invasion of their country.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 2

Prince Olav and the King plan their escape. Meanwhile, Princess Martha and the children take refuge with her Swedish royal relatives. But the Nazis threaten the King if he harbors the Crown Princess.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 3

While bombs fall on Olav and the King in London, Martha and the children are in the U.S. where President Roosevelt extends a special invitation.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 4

Martha is pressured to exploit her friendship with the president. Roosevelt defies isolationists to push the Lend-Lease act. Martha and the children get a surprise Christmas present.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 5

Martha uses dinner-table tactics to help Norway. The first lady gives Martha unusual lessons in public speaking. The president gets on dangerous ground with Martha.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 6

America enters the war, and Olav arrives from England. Missy grows suspicious of ties between Roosevelt and Martha, as does Olav. Meanwhile, a dastardly Nazi plot unfolds.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 7

A Nazi agent slips through the cracks, putting the children at risk. Martha travels to England and gets a shock. A Norwegian war hero meets a tragic fate.

FULL EPISODE

Episode 8

With the war almost over, Roosevelt’s health takes a bad turn. Olav tries to keep Norway out of the clutches of the Soviets. He also faces rocky relations with Martha.
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 04-12-21 at 11:10 AM.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Waiting for next Playtone/HBO series "Masters of the air" same production company who made Band of Brothers & The Pacific

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22632

No guns no bombs? Looks like a chick flick?

WinDove
    WinDove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

Looks good!