LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Smartphone Poll?

Which brand do you own : A. Samsung, B. IPhone, C. Other (name please) D. None
    Thanks
    Last edited by LongBall52; 12-27-20 at 11:49 AM.

LongBall52

50 looks and not one response. I don't do the Twitter - Facebook thing

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Samsung

Come on guys let's get some responses in here

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    50 looks and not one response. I don't do the Twitter - Facebook thing
    Me either.

IPhone now and upgrading IPhone in January.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

No social media here, never had never will. Leave those things for the stalkers and weirdos..

Always had iPhones

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Samsung

LongBall52

Follow up: prob. no responses. Which smartphone takes the best pictures for simplicity of driver's license and that type of thing?? I just hate to ask a Verizon rep, which is where I will likely get the phone.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The new Google phones take excellent pictures. Buying a phone based on it's ability to take a picture of a drivers license seems like a pretty obscure reason. Also why are you buying a phone directly from a carrier?

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24762

Iphone.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

I have Iphone 11. I love the pictures it takes. I sell on ebay and it works like a champ for things like that as well.

ALthough I have been noticing a notification bug in which I get texts and it doesnt notify me of them.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The new Google phones take excellent pictures. Buying a phone based on it's ability to take a picture of a drivers license seems like a pretty obscure reason. Also why are you buying a phone directly from a carrier?
    Thanks, I know the book where I'm playing will make me send them photo id, etc for getting a payout. I only have a flip phone with a cheap camera, which I don't use. I don't want to hear back that the photo was "not legible" which is something I have read in various threads . Secondly, why I'm buying a phone directly from the carrier, is to make sure it's set up properly. In the past they have done the basics for me at the store. I'm a senior and really don't know how to use the thing. Normally the store sales person at least doesd this AND the REAL BIG REASON, if it should happen to be defective, can simply take it back without having to jump through hoops.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Samsung is what I use, but I'd suggest Iphone if you are from an older generation or a soccer mom. Otherwise Samsung isn't a dumbed down UI that can be easily used to do EVERYTHING a laptop can with no work arounds.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Samsung is what I use, but I'd suggest Iphone if you are from an older generation or a soccer mom. Otherwise Samsung isn't a dumbed down UI that can be easily used to do EVERYTHING a laptop can with no work arounds.
    Very Helpful Post. I Phone it is. Now WHICH One. The 12 seems a little too pricey. Maybe the 11??

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    I have Iphone 11. I love the pictures it takes. I sell on ebay and it works like a champ for things like that as well.

ALthough I have been noticing a notification bug in which I get texts and it doesnt notify me of them.
    Is this a recent problem or has it been doing this for awhile? Normally 1 problem leads to another at some point.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Had iPhones since it’s inception (2007). With that said I’d never buy a new iPhone again. Have the iPhone 10 and will use it until it falls apart. $1000 for a new phone. Ridiculous

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Had iPhones since it’s inception (2007). With that said I’d never buy a new iPhone again. Have the iPhone 10 and will use it until it falls apart. $1000 for a new phone. Ridiculous
    I see the Iphone SE 2020 is listed under $400 new, but when reading about it...... it says something about a remake of an older model Iphone. That plus the lower tag makes me wonder.

LongBall52

I am at my wits END! First of all the Iphone X is no longer offered by Verizon. Then I did a Google search for "known bugs on the Iphone 11" and a separate one on the "Iphone 12".. JUST UNREAL HOW MANY ISSUE THERE ARE REPORTED. I may be back to square one --tiring!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Thanks, I know the book where I'm playing will make me send them photo id, etc for getting a payout. I only have a flip phone with a cheap camera, which I don't use. I don't want to hear back that the photo was "not legible" which is something I have read in various threads . Secondly, why I'm buying a phone directly from the carrier, is to make sure it's set up properly. In the past they have done the basics for me at the store. I'm a senior and really don't know how to use the thing. Normally the store sales person at least doesd this AND the REAL BIG REASON, if it should happen to be defective, can simply take it back without having to jump through hoops.
    Fair enough sir. If I were you I would probably go the Apple route. They take good pictures, are easy to navigate, and the Verizon store will help you as will any Apple or Best Buy store if you get stuck. You do not need an iPhone 12. Get an iPhone XR - they run 499.00 I think. Take great pictures and have a large screen. Get the Apple Care Plus for 149.00 - this will save you if you drop the phone in the shitter. Buy a case and some glass on Amazon and DIY that. The store cases are a rip off.