Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

57 years ago today

I was in 3rd grade going outside for recess after lunch with the rest of my class. The janitor stopped our teacher and started talking to her and she started crying. After recess back in class our teacher told us the tragic news that our President had been shot. Probably most on here aren’t old enough to remember that day. If old enough, where were you that day?

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2041

Quote Originally Posted by Wabashwonders View Post
    I was in 3rd grade going outside for recess after lunch with the rest of my class. The janitor stopped our teacher and started talking to her and she started crying. After recess back in class our teacher told us the tragic news that our President had been shot. Probably most on here aren’t old enough to remember that day. If old enough, where were you that day?
    Feigned illness from kindergarten to see Family Classics movie. Suddenly it was interrupted, live in black & white, saw it live. Didn't like it, changed channels, it was everywhere! My first twilite zone moment, more to come.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

cia has turned into such pussies since then....... now using lousy voting machines and rigged software to help out in a banana republic coup........

high powered rifle lobotomies are so much more emphatic.........

joe should take heed, as what happened to kennedy would never have gone down had he not stolen the 1960 election by stealing the illinois vote......

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

3rd grade 57 years ago. So you're about 70 now?

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    3rd grade 57 years ago. So you're about 70 now?
    Are you trying to be funny or just not good in math? I’m 65. 13 year olds are in middle school, not 3rd grade.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2041

Are you trying to be funny or just not good in math? I’m 65. 13 year olds are in middle school, not 3rd grade.
    Kids 2day, who can understand 'em.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2057

This is a good thread for a change. As someone who was not around at the time, I'm very interested in hearing from the ones that were. Lets keep dumb, unfunny, sarcastic comments to a minimum please. I know thats hard on this site but it would be cool to hear some stories from 1963 instead of unfunny jokes. Thanks for the post to the original poster

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Coast to Coast AM with George Norrie does a show about the Conspiracy every anniversary .Its a good listen

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    This is a good thread for a change. As someone who was not around at the time, I'm very interested in hearing from the ones that were. Lets keep dumb, unfunny, sarcastic comments to a minimum please. I know thats hard on this site but it would be cool to hear some stories from 1963 instead of unfunny jokes. Thanks for the post to the original poster
    Think 9/11. For many on here, that day will stand out the way November 22,1963 did for me. I was only 8 years old but remember that moment I described above like it was yesterday. It was like the entire country just stopped for a few days. 2 days after Kennedy was shot, we saw Jack Ruby kill Oswald on live TV!

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2057

Think 9/11. For many on here, that day will stand out the way November 22,1963 did for me. I was only 8 years old but remember that moment I described above like it was yesterday. It was like the entire country just stopped for a few days. 2 days after Kennedy was shot, we saw Jack Ruby kill Oswald on live TV!
    So crazy. Whatever happened to jack? Did he die in prison? I love these old stories

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3609

Principal came into my 2nd grade class. Whispered in my teachers ear. She started crying. He led her out into the hallway. Then he came back and told our class that school was being dismissed for the remainder of the day.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I remember when Reagan was shot.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I remember when Reagan was shot.
    Thanks for your contribution to the OP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Thanks for your contribution to the OP
    I wasn't born yet when Kennedy got his head blown apart. I contribute to what I know and lived threw.

The Kraken

I wasn't born yet when Kennedy got his head blown apart. I contribute to what I know and lived threw.
    You remembering when Reagan was shot was your entire contribution to a thread about Kennedy being assassinated lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You remembering when Reagan was shot was your entire contribution to a thread about Kennedy being assassinated lol
    Your entire contribution to this thread is trolling me.. Lol.

The Kraken

Your entire contribution to this thread is trolling me.. Lol.

Whats new