The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3498

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    100 percent not true. Go get some correct facts.
    You been living under a rock the last 4 years? Facts dont matter anymore

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9172

they can pay for a new diesel car for me then

BAUS
    Brock is life!
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Most of Eastern Europe are excellent options. Poland probably No. 1. Bring your money and job though because you will not find any there.
    Some excellent babes in Poland!

BAUS

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4694

I remember when people traveled by Camels.

Bring back camels!!!!

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4426

China are taking over

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 683

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    As a liberal, it takes more energy to make renewable sources of energy then just using said energy. Even Michael Moore did a Youtube doc on bio diesel and hows it's a waste. Think about how we get ENOUGH electricity to power cars. Wind/solar/Turbine/Dam are not even remotetly enough. Fossil fuels, which turns and goes through all the processes to become the electrictiy.

The only way to pull this off is to accept that Nuclear energy is INCREDIBLE, incredibly safe, emits condensation into the air and that's it. Obv the rods and nuclear waste at the end are a problem. We can bury it deep in the ocean, siberia, surrounding dead planets. I know it's not perfect.

Eventually we will run out of dino juice. Those are the only options right now.
    Biodiesel ain't a renewable. It doesn't cost more to make a renewable vs mining, processing, refining, distribution, transportation, storage, etc. It takes equipment using gas/diesel to extract/mine/drill for oil, natural gas and coal. Then it takes heavy duty trucks/ships/barges using gas/diesel to transport them. Then more heavy duty equipment powered by gas/diesel for any refining and processing. Again in transport to any storage facilities. Plus the use of any pumps and conveyors powered by electricity derived from fossil fuels during the logistics and transportation process. And again at the stations, the need to pump fuel into the storage tanks and then the use of pumps to refill peoples vehicles.
    If, and a big IF, we can get ourselves on a world relying more on the use of true renewables vs drilling, extracting, mining of finite sources of fossil fuels. The sun and wind are free. Even the motion of the ocean, along with rivers, are free as well.
    We as a society need to imagine and embrace the possibility of having solar shingles, panels, etc. on damn near every rooftop. From homes, businesses, warehouses, schools, churches, or as Samuel Gerard would say "...every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse..." is what we need to be striving for.
    At one point it was the norm to see huge antennas on the roofs of homes/garages/sheds etc. Nowadays there are compact wind turbines people could easily mount on back corner of their homes/garages/sheds or even a pole in the backyard. Combine that with some solar panels, and most people would have plenty of power for everyday use. Along with having the grid of power for purchase being generated by hydro, large scale wind turbines and solar, will make the demand for electricity generated by fossil fuels only needed by certain large scale manufacturing plants powering super heavy duty machinery. But even that can be done with use of amps.
    I get it that people don't like change. Hell we all have a parent, grand-parent, uncle, great aunt/uncle, that are always talking about the days when loaf of bread and gallon of milk were a dime and a quarter.
    The thing is, is that this whole charade of the game called capitalism is based on everything going up, up and up. Wages, inflation, consumer goods, stocks, etc. etc.
    I know the argument out there is that the tech ain't there, or that the solar panels or solar shingles aren't cost saving vs estimated life of the product. That is speculative to an extent. So many variables in part of country someone lives in and the average cost of electricity in their area, along with any local, state tax breaks one might receive, along with any federal subsidies/tax breaks.
    But what I do know, is that demand drives innovation. Innovation drives competition. Competition drives prices down when for choices are available. And when more and more people want a product, that drives production up. Leading to increased mass production, therefore lowering the cost per unit. VCR's were $1000 and within a couple years they were $600, and then $300, and eventually top of the line were $100-150 and cheap ones were $50-90.
    There is no reason to not want to harness the free power of the sun. If enough people, along with businesses, and all government buildings, started putting solar panels/shingles on their roofs, along with mini wind turbine(s), the dependency for oil/coal would be almost zilch. Except for military and certain small sectors of businesses ie: agriculture, quarries, steel mills and other places using super heavy duty equipment and machinery all come to mind. And the cost would drop for solar equipment AND the technology would increase. A win win for all.
    For quite a few years there's been the same repeating story circulating around the web involving the comparison of energy usage between a standard petrol car and an EV. I can't remember if the data was based on 5 yr or 10 yr or what - but what I do remember is that the premise and summary leave out one huge fact. The data/numbers will show the petrol car being slightly more cost effective over 5 or maybe 10 yrs. But the key part in the article shared around the web is that the petrol car's numbers are based on the car having an unlimited amount of gas.
    But when you start accounting for the drilling and extracting of a oil, along with refining and storage/distribution, one starts to realize how much "energy" is wasted to keep the petrol car operating over the years. Therefore wasting energy. Where as once the EV's battery is manufactured, it will last for 10 yrs at least. Basically the comparison is skewed and doesn't account for the need to keep replacing the burning and loss of the petrol car's fuel.
    I totally get the push back and fear-mongering stories that get conjured up and circulated around the web from the pro-oil/gas people. There is a lot to lose in the terms of making and selling disposable products for petrol vehicles. Stores like AutoZone's and even the Automotive dept in retail stores like Walmart - will shrink in size from no longer needing to stock so many wasteful products. Ev's have have less moving parts for motor and drivetrain. All of the additives and potions and lotions that are marketed to stop a leak or increase HP and blah blah blah, will all be obsolete. No changing oil every 3k and having a gazillion brands of filters along with brands/weights of motor oil to choose from. No starter, no water pump(in traditional sense), no valves, no head gaskets, no spark plugs, no distributor, no PCV valves, no radiator in the traditional sense for cooling of engine and transmission, no serpentine belt, and on and on down the list for replacement parts/filters/fluids not needing replacement in an EV.
    If anyone has ever owned a hobby grade electric RC vehicle - the advances in tech over the years, granted on a smaller scale, was/has been game changing for the die-hards in the hobby world. Basically EV's are just electric RC cars on a larger scale.

It's always baffling how society will embrace the communicating aspect of technology, ie: phones, cordless, fax, computers, internet, broadband, smart-phones, etc. Yet thumb their nose's at the idea of harnessing natural free energy sources.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Inevitable
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/26/2020

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/23/2020

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by Hushie View Post
    Do they forget that the largest company in the country is British Petroleum?
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=bp+adv...99D0E91CC6621D
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by deeppckts View Post
    Meanwhile China probably pollutes more in a day than all of W Europe does in a month.
    True. They are a country of roughly 1.4 billion people.

Greenhouse gas emissions by China are the largest of any country in the world both in production and consumption terms, and stem mainly from coal electricity generation and mining. When measuring production-based emissions, China emitted over 12 gigatonnes (Gt) CO2eq of greenhouse gases in 2014; almost 30% of the world total. This corresponds to over 7 tonnes CO2eq emitted per person each year, slightly over the world average and the EU average but less than half the second largest emitter of greenhouse gases, the United States, with its 16 tonnes. In consumption terms, China emits slightly less, with over 6 tonnes in 2016, slightly above the world average, but less than the EU average (close to 8 tonnes) and less than the United States by more than a half, with close to 18 tonnes per person. China has committed to peak emissions by 2030 and net zero by 2060

Whoo hoo!! USA and the UK are like "Suck it China!"
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3809

What happens when your battery dies on a road trip. Do you have to plug in and wait for hours?

So many negatives. Technology just not there yet.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    What happens when your battery dies on a road trip. Do you have to plug in and wait for hours?

Theres an app where you can summons a drone and catch an extra charge

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6423

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    I test drove a Tesla. It felt like a golf cart on steroids.

Suffice to say, I'm not a fan.

If I'm gonna spend all that money, I need my car to sound like it's having a convulsion.

I'm a fan of those big heart-shaped fannies in your avatar

Good work
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/16/2020

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Another asinine statement constantly tossed around the web.

Do people not plan now when going on a long distance trip? Do people using gas powered cars just drive and drive till car runs out of gas and then be like "I guess I have to sit here and wait." Hoping they can get hold of AAA, if they have it. Or walking to nearest station - again, assuming they have a spare gas can. NO, people plan for trips.
    If you plan on using an EV for longer distances than max battery allows, you simply plan around it.
    Or, get this. Rent a gas powered vehicle. Problem solved.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    Another asinine statement constantly tossed around the web.

Do people not plan now when going on a long distance trip? Do people using gas powered cars just drive and drive till car runs out of gas and then be like "I guess I have to sit here and wait." Hoping they can get hold of AAA, if they have it. Or walking to nearest station - again, assuming they have a spare gas can. NO, people plan for trips.
    If you plan on using an EV for longer distances than max battery allows, you simply plan around it.
    Or, get this. Rent a gas powered vehicle. Problem solved.
    So rent a gas powered vehicle? Then what is the point of an electric one besides to feel good about yourself for being green?

gauchojake
    Fukkin Jacked For A Kicker
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 797

NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY WILL TAKE AWAY MY COAL TO POWER MY STEAM SHIP

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 132

It's ten years away technology for electric cars will be on another level then. You boomers are a funny bunch sometimes.

Gas is a rip off anyway.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

So rent a gas powered vehicle? Then what is the point of an electric one besides to feel good about yourself for being green?
    For your hypothetical "What happens when your battery dies on a road trip?" You know, because of the worry the "technology" ain't "there" yet.

If you're waiting on the 1000 mile range EV because [insert hypothetical]"I'm the type of person that drives upwards of a 1000 miles a day around my state in my own personal vehicle. I can't be all stopping and waiting to recharge over and over." Then yeh, an EV ain't for you.

The vast majority of people work within a 20 mile range of their home. Most people drive less than 50 miles overall in a single day on average.
    Even low-end smaller battery EV's can get 100 miles out of a charge.

People have to remember that no one is forcing anyone to buy an EV. No one forced people off of horses and buggies. People just eventually made the switch because it became more practical.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

Fatty is one of the guys who complained when flat screen TV's were invented because he loved his old big box TV that weighed 300 lbs.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Fatty is one of the guys who complained when flat screen TV's were invented because he loved his old big box TV that weighed 300 lbs.
    And he transferred the tin foil from the rabbit ears to his noggin.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

ARCHIVADO98
    ARCHIVADO98's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32

Guess whos in trouble?

Bayerische Motorenwerke!

ARCHIVADO98
    ARCHIVADO98's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIVADO98 View Post
    Guess whos in trouble?

Bayerische Motorenwerke!
    Also Saudis

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2041

Most people with common sense fill their tank up with gas when it gets too low. Why wouldn't you charge your vehicle when you see the battery is getting low? There are a network of charging stations around the country. There's apps to tell where they are even.

Unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Most people with common sense fill their tank up with gas when it gets too low. Why wouldn't you charge your vehicle when you see the battery is getting low? There are a network of charging stations around the country. There's apps to tell where they are even.
    So when my battery starts getting low I go to a charging station and wait for 6 hours for it to charge?

Very impractical.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

The electric vehicle is the end of privacy in mobility.

You cannot be off the grid in such a thing.

Aside from the technology issues of, say...MN when its below freezing for 6 straight months and batteries don't work to begin with, there's the practical issue of rural America not having Uber, charging stations, paved roadways (much of Dakotas west to Idaho are like this) where you REQUIRE a diesel vehicle to transport yourself and family.

Now, assuming a liberal at some point takes this decision away from the States and applies it federally, we all would suddenly be not only uprooted financially, logistically but also subject to scrutiny and observation in our compliance.

Crazy to believe some don't see the real issue behind proposals like this. The "green" element is the trojan horse.

Like all the TicTok users who thought it was just a fun app....oops, didn't know that was a Chinese cyber security company tracking you and compiling a data profile and collecting tour financial data w background apps running??? Yep.

maxell
    Update your status
    maxell's Avatar SBR PRO

I've used 2 gallons of pure ethanol mixed with regular fuel twice and it does increase mileage. It also gives your car a boost in power.
    Last edited by maxell; 11-19-20 at 01:54 AM.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1085

I don't believe the USA can ban it. It is a state's decisoin.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/16/2020

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5349

```

Last edited by 19th Hole; 11-19-20 at 04:44 PM.

manny24
    Vitters my daddy
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO

waiting for the electric Log Skidders and wood chippers to come along then i'm all over it

hehfest
    hehfest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Electric cars = Gay

hehfest
    hehfest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    Some excellent babes in Poland!

BAUS

Hungary/Romania? I'm getting out of this liberal sh*thole country. Need to have a way to stay there though other than visitor ****. Ideas?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY WILL TAKE AWAY MY COAL TO POWER MY STEAM SHIP

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

None of this stuff is carbon neutral yet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ0utEg7vkg

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5349

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I remember when people traveled by Camels.

Bring back camels!!!!

Seems solar would be the preferred method.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2041

So when my battery starts getting low I go to a charging station and wait for 6 hours for it to charge?

Very impractical.

Nah.. more like very misinformed

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Quote Originally Posted by deeppckts View Post
    Meanwhile China probably pollutes more in a day than all of W Europe does in a month.

48% of UK electricity comes from FOSSIL fuels. So their stupid fukking electric cars are half running off that. It's all about them feeling good as they drive down the street not emitting any LOCAL pollution.

100% of liberal policies these days are about one upping each other on VIRTUE SIGNALING: masks, environment, diversity/race shit.

Is there any good country left to flee to? Bahamas like SEAN CONNERY?
    To be fair they are just giving the liberal Masses morons what they want. Iím pretty sure more intelligent leftist politicians know better but their job is to get elected not be logical and do the right thing. People think politicians try to do whatís best for us. No they are trying to get elected and/or make money. If a higher percentage of your population is retarted you act retarted to get elected.

First 123 Last