PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    Canada also has a small fraction of the population of the United States.
    WTF is that supposed mean?,Lol.

Canada has a small fraction of the US economy.

Hello McFly, are you in there?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    WTF is that supposed mean?,Lol.

Canada has a small fraction of the US economy.

Hello McFly, are you in there?
    Probably means exactly what he said. US has 9x more people. US GDP about 13x Canada.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Probably means exactly what he said. US has 9x more people. US GDP about 13x Canada.
    So if our GDP is 13 times Canada's......shouldn't it be easier for us to do it?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11464

Should just give it to everyone. 75k threshold is Kind of a slap on face to the taxpayers who will be paying back the majority of the stimulus package. I like idea of lowering the weekly unemployment by cutting it in half. I know many people in my apartment complex just living off this stuff and hanging out at pool all day because they have no incentive to work. It’s annoying AF that half the people I know are unemployed. Texting me and bugging me during the day. They need to go to work. 1200 a month plus state unemployment is enough for people to survive. If they want excess they can get a job.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Don't tell me you lost it too.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Cant understand why they dont just look at the returns, the base pay, and give ones earning say, minimum wage much less than $600.
    I mean, they are so stupid to give someone making $25k/year and 75k/year same extra benefit. Even with the extra 600/week, lots of people are still well under their usual salary/earnings if your close to the 75k threshold.

PAULYPOKER

Which means US can afford to give every citizen more than 2K a month compared to Canada.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

A war for independence and freedom is being fought in the USA.

Canada surrendered a long time ago.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Canadians are getting $2,000 a month for 4 months.
    The Canadian dollar is worth 3/4 of the U.S. dollar. So that works out to $346.42 a week. I think they will come in at the $400 level in the end.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    The Canadian dollar is worth 3/4 of the U.S. dollar. So that works out to $346.42 a week. I think they will come in at the $400 level in the end.
    You don't have an argument pumper.

Save yourself and tap out.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

social security recipients will again get a stimulus check

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4166

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post

And they will hand it over to their spoil rotten kids.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Better than hiking taxes to implement Universal Basic Income.

AKA social security 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Some social security recipients I know.

Will sprint to the nearest corner drug dealer to give them their stimulus check and SS check.

That life must suck.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

They should. My parents worked their whole lives. Never once collected UI. Let them get every penny

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Better than hiking taxes to implement Universal Basic Income.

AKA social security 2.0.

You're a good fukker Sanity, but I am for a basic income for all people. This country is how many trillion in debt? Somehow, it got there without caring for the homeless people? I understand, and agree, people should be working, but what if they can't get a job? Robots have already taken so many jobs as it is.....I think it is inevitable or else there would be mass civil unrest at some point down the road.

Have incentives and much higher pay than the universal income that would make people want to try hard to find a job, which does mean they don't profit as much.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

You're a good fukker Sanity, but I am for a basic income for all people. This country is how many trillion in debt? Somehow, it got there without caring for the homeless people? I understand, and agree, people should be working, but what if they can't get a job? Robots have already taken so many jobs as it is.....I think it is inevitable or else there would be mass civil unrest at some point down the road.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Average SS ck is only 1250.00 a month. Many low income elderly Americans will need that stimulus ck.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Average SS ck is only 1250.00 a month. Many low income elderly Americans will need that stimulus ck.
    Did covid cause their expenses to increase ?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

What about the federal unemployment? Any word on that yet on extension or if they are lowering it? Last I heard the demoncrats want to keep it at 600 and the requiemlicans want to lower it.

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Did covid cause their expenses to increase ?
    What's your point?

HockeyRocks

What about the federal unemployment? Any word on that yet on extension or if they are lowering it? Last I heard the demoncrats want to keep it at 600 and the requiemlicans want to lower it.
    Pubs want to go to 200.00. They like cheating the less fortunate.

PharaohUB

Dems can only think on emotion and the here and now. Think it’s okay to steal money from me and give it to people for no apparent reason based on factors that have no basis on need. Just people they feel
    Bad for. Think money comes from thin air. Doesn’t realIze a strong economy is the #1 predictor of long life expectancy and increased standard of living for everyone. Thinks it’s masks and giving away freebies and destroying economy. Likes to write checks to everyone because it makes them feel good to with no consideration of the down sides.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

100%--let also not forget a lot of people collecting unemployment are actually still working...yes its true lol..
    Should just give it to everyone. 75k threshold is Kind of a slap on face to the taxpayers who will be paying back the majority of the stimulus package. I like idea of lowering the weekly unemployment by cutting it in half. I know many people in my apartment complex just living off this stuff and hanging out at pool all day because they have no incentive to work. It’s annoying AF that half the people I know are unemployed. Texting me and bugging me during the day. They need to go to work. 1200 a month plus state unemployment is enough for people to survive. If they want excess they can get a job.

HockeyRocks

Dems can only think on emotion and the here and now. Think it’s okay to steal money from me and give it to people for no apparent reason based on factors that have no basis on need. Just people they feel
    Bad for. Think money comes from thin air. Doesn’t realIze a strong economy is the #1 predictor of long life expectancy and increased standard of living for everyone. Thinks it’s masks and giving away freebies and destroying economy. Likes to write checks to everyone because it makes them feel good to with no consideration of the down sides.
    Need a box of tissues???

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Need a box of tissues???
    No thanks I don’t take free handouts.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 07-27-20 at 06:17 PM.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

As a republican, I'm very disappointed in their version of a stimulus proposed today and their lack of urgency to get one passed. For people that are supposed to be "working for the people," they are doing an awful job. The $200 extra for unemployment for 2 months is a disgrace and they should be embarrassed for proposing it.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2365

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    As a republican, I'm very disappointed in their version of a stimulus proposed today and their lack of urgency to get one passed. For people that are supposed to be "working for the people," they are doing an awful job. The $200 extra for unemployment for 2 months is a disgrace and they should be embarrassed for proposing it.
    They can't be bothered..
    It conflicts with their own agenda's..
    Thing is, they better hurry and do something because they are getting ready to go on yet ANOTHER vacation for 4 weeks..

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Sounds about on par with what they've been foreshadowing for awhile now. What were you expecting?

HockeyRocks

No thanks I don’t take free handouts.
    All kidding aside, i work with Medicare recipients and the elderly, most all are over 65 and millions of them still work to supplement their SS income. And yes now they aren't working and have lost that extra income they needed. The Covid virus has affected them dearly...

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Couldn’t agree more. Dems had their package 2 months ago and we are going down the wire here. In the end, none of these fuks give 2 shits about us anyway.

But the GOP legislation contains a number of provisions not directly related to the coronavirus, including $1.8 billion for construction of a new FBI headquarters in Washington. President Trump has taken a personal interest in this project, but White House officials have not stipulated why they believe the language needed to be inserted in the coronavirus bill. Critics have alleged Trump is trying to keep the FBI building at its current location, which is diagonal from a Trump hotel property in downtown D.C.”

WTF
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 07-27-20 at 06:52 PM.

PharaohUB

It’s the job of the state to pay unemployment. The $600/week was a nice gift from fed government to keep people home and not working purposely to slow spread of virus. but like anything else dems now feel they are entitled to it. We know masks work now, right? So we can go back to work and there are plenty of jobs out there. Employees are having trouble hiring people because who would work with all the freebies being thrown around. You should be happy you are getting anything from fed government and if it’s not goood enough. GET A JOB. Stop depending on others to work hard so you can be a lazy POS.

PharaohUB

This whole pandemic is a macro example of “give an inch take a yard”.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Pharaoh what do you do for a living and appx what is your yearly salary?

i say this because the Mrs. was just furloughed from her job making 65k a year in the travel industry. Do you suggest she take a job at $11 an hour (the current minimum wage rate in the state we live in)

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. Dems had their package 2 months ago and we are going down the wire here. In the end, none of these fuks give 2 shits about us anyway.

But the GOP legislation contains a number of provisions not directly related to the coronavirus, including $1.8 billion for construction of a new FBI headquarters in Washington. President Trump has taken a personal interest in this project, but White House officials have not stipulated why they believe the language needed to be inserted in the coronavirus bill. Critics have alleged Trump is trying to keep the FBI building at its current location, which is diagonal from a Trump hotel property in downtown D.C.”

WTF
    With all the needs of the Country today why the fuk do we need to spend money on a new FBI building and now the First Lady wants to spend millions fixing up the Rose Garden. No shyte. WTF is wrong with Trump???

First 1234 Last