JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Here's the situation our country is in right now as I see it.

Can we afford a 6 week lock down? NO

Can we afford to not have a 6 week lock down? NO

Either way there are going to be massive amounts of people that are going to get fukked. We know for sure... that the economy would suffer terribly if we had a 6 week lock down. But what we don't know yet is how bad it's going to be if we open things up without any type of lock down.

In situations like this I've learned that most people will choose the unknown. They'll roll the dice because they know for sure that the alternative is going to be bad. But often times.... when people choose the unknown... they don't realize that their choice is actually worse than what they could have chosen to begin with. I fear that this might be the case we are in right now. But we just don't know how bad it's going to be yet if we don't lock down. But a few months from now... let's say around election time... we'll have a better idea of what we should have done. Either way it's going to be ugly.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 07-17-20 at 11:50 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    That is with a urban population of 8 million. Florida(22 million) with 300,000 cases and 14,000 new cases a day IS OPENING UP!
    Very serious in one place and not in the other. Who do you think got it right?

If you fail grade one you have to repeat the process until you get it right. America is the dumbest in the class.

Americans can not bring theselves to make any sacrifices to our fellow human beings. We have become such a selfish country....
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave HockeyRocks 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

The US is finally using more of a herd immunity tactic, which they should have done from the start. I love seeing new records for daily confirmed cases. Hopefully we will see 100k cases per day in the coming weeks. If you're not vulnerable, you shouldn't fear the virus. If you're vulnerable, either stay home or become less vulnerable.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Locking down isn't the answer. It's only going to set businesses back and hurt the economy. The reason cases are spiking is simply the fact that people aren't wearing face masks enough and they aren't social distancing. Bars and gyms are open and social distancing rules aren't being followed. It's spreading too easy.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Trump has destroyed the country. We can’t even get 40 percent of the country to wear masks because of him. He’s made the US even dumber.

“What do you have to lose” he said. No we know. Everything

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

President orangutan has his cult not wearing masks and you’re talking about a lockdown lol

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Trump has destroyed the country. We can’t even get 40 percent of the country to wear masks because of him. He’s made the US even dumber.

“What do you have to lose” he said. No we know. Everything

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    The US is finally using more of a herd immunity tactic, which they should have done from the start. I love seeing new records for daily confirmed cases. Hopefully we will see 100k cases per day in the coming weeks. If you're not vulnerable, you shouldn't fear the virus. If you're vulnerable, either stay home or become less vulnerable.

Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from
    COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions. New York is 17% of the way.

In a year or two we may be there but a lot of people won't. Too bad, what a colossal phuckup.
    America's darkest hour. No bombs or bullets, defeated from within.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Get the virus under control, but it would destroy the economy.

But the economy is screwed either way and at this rate no one will let American citizens into their country until next summer.

Very interesting dilemma.
    no dilemma at all; the original effort at locking down was a total disaster.....

letting it rip is the only option.......

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

The US doesn’t have a tactic. It’s certainly not herd immunity. There’s 350 million people in the US and only 3+ million cases thus far. It will take several years at this rate to get close to herd immunity. Anyone believing this tactic is stupid. When did the US become so stupid. We are a country of dumb asses. Sad

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    I mean for a Governor to sue a mayor of a major city over face mask is just fukking ignorant and beyond crazy...Oh thats the Governor that admitted he didn't know the covid virus would pass from one person to another..
    Trump pushed Kemp into the lawsuit. Trump was pissed that the Atlanta mayor stole his thunder when he visited last week. She mentioned she could have written him a citation for not wearing a mask.

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Trump pushed Kemp into the lawsuit. Trump was pissed that the Atlanta mayor stole his thunder when he visited last week. She mentioned she could have written him a citation for not wearing a mask.
    Trump is nothing but 5 day left over dog shyte whose vindictiveness makes him an evil person and so aren't his supporters. I saw that interview with the Mayor, however, i don't recall her response....I don't think its really enforceable. But still out of respect, Trump should have worn a mask. But its always about Trump and what he can do to get his name on the front page...What a terrible mistake people made in 2016.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Shut it down!!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Hell no!! I work health care and work 60 hours a week. The money is good and the best part is im not spendng it caus everything is shut down. This vrus is fake and get out and enjoy yourself and keep my overtime coming!! I thank and love all of you. Tell those people to shove the mask up you ass

HockeyRocks

Now what is coming to light is that many doctors are stuck abroad because of Trumps June 22 rulling barring the entry of most immigrants on work VISAs. Is their anyone in Trump's administration that has visison??
    Last edited by HockeyRocks; 07-17-20 at 02:54 PM.

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

A 6 week shutdown would destroy a lot more businesses. They would not re-open. It would cost 5 trillion I bet. Can't do it . If people were not protesting, it would not have gone crazy again. That was what the Liberals wanted. Anybody that goes to crowded bars etc. now, is spreading it everywhere. People need to limit their trips to a degree , social distance etc. We are going to have to ride it out. Some will die. China has to pay a price for this.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    President orangutan has his cult not wearing masks and you’re talking about a lockdown lol
    We were on lockdown for over two months. California still has never fully opened back up. What is with all this new forceful mask talk like this is the cure? We have been wearing masks for over 3 months now...California, Texas - masks mandatory for a long time now.

The protests did this. The MSM acted like virus was over (or at leas an inconvenience for 2-3 weeks of BLM/Antifa carnage). People figured it we were through with it....Man, we get played like a fiddle. I swear...

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

We had our chance in April. Trump isn't about to admit he was wrong and neither are 10-15 governors who have been just pathetic. Our best chance is to get rid of Trump and start over on Inauguration Day. Of course, by then we all might be dead.

Wrongside

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

The US doesn’t have a tactic. It’s certainly not herd immunity. There’s 350 million people in the US and only 3+ million cases thus far. It will take several years at this rate to get close to herd immunity. Anyone believing this tactic is stupid. When did the US become so stupid. We are a country of dumb asses. Sad
    US has always been stupid. Trump + Pandemic has just more clearly revealed it.

ronald

Huh?

You have no idea how many cases there have been.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    We had our chance in April. Trump isn't about to admit he was wrong and neither are 10-15 governors who have been just pathetic. Our best chance is to get rid of Trump and start over on Inauguration Day. Of course, by then we all might be dead.
    All be dead at a less than 1% death rate? It would take over a century for us all to be dead, I think you'll be OK until January

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    We were on lockdown for over two months. California still has never fully opened back up. What is with all this new forceful mask talk like this is the cure? We have been wearing masks for over 3 months now...California, Texas - masks mandatory for a long time now.

The protests did this. The MSM acted like virus was over (or at leas an inconvenience for 2-3 weeks of BLM/Antifa carnage). People figured it we were through with it....Man, we get played like a fiddle. I swear...
    If the protests did this, then why the hell has it continued to virtually disappear in NYC? NYC had more protests than anywhere else. Riddle me that.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Huh?

You have no idea how many cases there have been.
    If we didn't test there'd be no cases.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If the protests did this, then why the hell has it continued to virtually disappear in NYC? NYC had more protests than anywhere else. Riddle me that.
    See my previous post in this thread.

Lots of people have antibodies in NYC now. Cases can't climb forever.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

this fukkin bat flu virus aka Kung Fukkin' Flu would be a lot more fun if it had a truly serious mortality rate, say 20-30 percent of all you pussies that are whining about it dying.... make it 50 percent to see the human race truly melt down and free fall into chaos and anarchy.....

I'd love that shit.......

pack up as many rounds as one brand new, recently stolen chevy suburban can hold, drive to washing d.c., and kill every democrat/liberal I could find......

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    isn't it strange how the homeless people seem to be immune from the Wuhan coronavirus?

Not just immune this shit gives them a extra gear. Not hurting their community at all while they are up stealing shit more than ever before

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why does stock market keep going up??

Eventually will be something meds to take to reduce symptoms

Can never close again, most Countiures doing great, Americans are dirty people it is why I do not date
    because guys are sitting home with nothing to do but gamble on stocks.

I have a feeling when sports start over the next couple weeks the markets will take a hit.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What happened in NYC was the the exact thing they told us not to let happen at the beginning of this thing. Remember Virus 101 back in March when people were freaking out about ventilators and Cuomo was sending the sick elderly back into nursing homes? We are living through a flattened curve right now, NYC is enjoying the benefits of a sharp curve. They suffered the consequences of it, too.

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

Once the virus got here, likely in 2019 there was not much going to stop it. Americans are going to do whatever they want. Each state made its decision. It will eventually run its course. I agree with DONK, if the rate of death would have been a much higher rate, people would have gone nuts. The medical people are refining treatments etc. Its not going to be this bad forever.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    There is ZERO hope for the US anytime in the near future. Once something as serious as this becomes political fodder you are done. For people to argue about petty crap like wearing a mask to help prevent the spread is ridiculous.

The US is toast....................
    Masks yeah they have been stopping the spread of this hoax i mean virus.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

I say yes - it could save a 100000 lives

Wrongside

People have been wearing masks. And, yes, the US is full of selfish, uninformed, classless, but it really is not as much of a political issue that we are making out. I knew we would do a bad job at this, but it has to do with the 15 -25% that could care less about politics, etc. They are simply going to do what they want to do for a host of reasons.

In short, yes it is easy to argue and blame neo-con types (not that they are wrong), but it really aint them who are not wearing masks.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Whatever happened to the Murder Hornets?

First 1234 Last