Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Are there really people who don't believe in wearing the mask?

Identify yourself.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

That one dude at Costco that went crazy. Another was an old lady at Costco.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Yes, where I work even in Canada my employer tells us to wear masks at all times. I've had lots of clients who say I'm being a "sheeple" or fake coughing.

I secretly hope all these people get covid and get really sick for a few weeks to teach them a lesson. But either way our mayor is making mask wearing mandatory in public beginning next week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Haven’t wore one yet.

Don’t even own one.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Haven’t wore one yet.

Don’t even own one.
    That's super.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Haven’t wore one yet.

Don’t even own one.
    straight ignorant, thanks for being part of the problem

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    Not taking a side here, but define the problem...

A virus with no cure and no vaccine or

Shutting the economy to try and prevent the spread of said virus

One might cost the USA 250,000 lives of seniors and sick people, the other might cost 70 MILLION people their jobs, businesses and personal wealth.

It really is perspective. Shaming and name calling isn't a solution.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikelewis, and paulll

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

One might cost the USA 250,000 lives of seniors and sick people, the other might cost 70 MILLION people their jobs, businesses and personal wealth.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-ma...inkId=93534194

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    LOL. ok

The "masks" and Covid frenzy has already cost the taxpayer $6Trillion and wiped about $8 trillion off the US economy.

There is ZERO recovery from this, mask or no mask, if things shut down again. Absolutely zero chance for middle class USA. On that I will take a side...if we dont play sports, gamble, cruise, bar hop, etc we are finished as a country and world power. It really is that simple.

Bluehorseshoe

LOL. ok

The "masks" and Covid frenzy has already cost the taxpayer $6Trillion and wiped about $8 trillion off the US economy.

There is ZERO recovery from this, mask or no mask, if things shut down again. Absolutely zero chance for middle class USA. On that I will take a side...if we dont play sports, gamble, cruise, bar hop, etc we are finished as a country and world power. It really is that simple.
    So you'd rather drag out the situation?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    So you'd rather drag out the situation?
    The masks/ shut downs are the drag out

You need to let it rip, wide open

You need to change the premise from "situation" to "math problem"

It is cold blooded math....perhaps not tactfully looked at, but, if 250,000 seniors die off early, each saving on average 2500/ mo for 200 months that's nearly $100billion saved AND the economy keeps chugging along, employment stays at 95% and the general public isn't sidetracked with false promises of masks, etc (OSHA has the facts on masks....they are generally worthless after 1 day of use).

It's a question of the future of the Country versus the future of our senior citizens....that's who's dying here en mass....seniors beyond life expectancy.

It is a national debate no doubt, but the economics are clearly w the non maskers despite that link....it's been, unfortunately, politicized for the wrong reasons.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I mean, alot of other countries got it under control.

There is a reason the US and Canadian border will be closed the rest of the year and Americans can't fly to Europe while Canadians can...

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

masks protect yourself and others. u like being sick? take a chance then good for you

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    I mean, alot of other countries got it under control.

There is a reason the US and Canadian border will be closed the rest of the year and Americans can't fly to Europe while Canadians can...
    There is NO other country in the world that encompasses free transport along as much milage as the USA

AND, more importantly

There is NO other country that has the % of self employed or private enterprise or private land ownership as the USA.

It is a distinct difference when the citizens are, at birth in the UK/ EU/ Russia, a subject of the State versus the US where we are independly given rights to own things and expected to profit from that industry (and generate taxes).

That's the debate....the USA cannot exist with its citizens as subjects dependent upon the Gov't

MinnesotaFats

My point being here is that, if State by State, some want to shut down they may do so, there will be some that stay open and generate revenue.

When the States that shut down have billions in deficits, they will ask the Union to bail them out....what will happen if the Senate says no???

It's a risk you can't afford to take. What happens if California or Illionois defaults on pensions or NY has $0 for police?

That's the unintended consequence of an impaired fear driven mask wearing economy....all to save some seniors (98%) lives

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4045

The masks/ shut downs are the drag out

You need to let it rip, wide open

You need to change the premise from "situation" to "math problem"

It is cold blooded math....perhaps not tactfully looked at, but, if 250,000 seniors die off early, each saving on average 2500/ mo for 200 months that's nearly $100billion saved AND the economy keeps chugging along, employment stays at 95% and the general public isn't sidetracked with false promises of masks, etc (OSHA has the facts on masks....they are generally worthless after 1 day of use).

It's a question of the future of the Country versus the future of our senior citizens....that's who's dying here en mass....seniors beyond life expectancy.

It is a national debate no doubt, but the economics are clearly w the non maskers despite that link....it's been, unfortunately, politicized for the wrong reasons.
    Hard to argue with the Math you present so I won't.

I'll just bring up a few points.

1) I feel a society is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable. (senior citizens, special needs, handicapped etc...)

2) How does a country turn its back on the older people who got us where we are today.

3) It is a bad precedent to set. If we allow a specific segment of our citizens to be decimated, who is next?

It is a tough subject with maybe no perfect answers.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you're doing it wrong if if you're not wearing anal beads as well backdoor spreader

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

How did you idiots survive all these years without a mask?

And if you really think it works why do you care if others wear the mask? You're protected from the virus right?

It's the same with the vaccine idiots. If vaccines really worked, why the fukk do you care about others getting vaccinated?

Jesus fukking Christ, people are fukking idiots...
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Ghenghis Kahn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    How did you idiots survive all these years without a mask?

And if you really think it works why do you care if others wear the mask? You're protected from the virus right?
    Stage 1 - everyone stayed (or was supposed to stay home)
    Stage 2- Begin to reopen - but mitigate the spread of those who might have it by wearing masks (not prevent CATCHING it - prevent spreading since some people carry it and never have any symptoms)

JFC - do you people scream at streetlights as some form of government control?

I guess we know which people lost their mind when airplanes stopped serving peanuts back in the day.

Preamble: "....promote the general welfare"

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Good grief the way people reason against common sense in this place are amazing.

It would funny if it wasn't so damn sad
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-11-20 at 06:01 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tanko

Nitrogen
    Chasing

That's the debate....the USA cannot exist with its citizens as subjects dependent upon the Gov't
    With no vaccine yet, and honestly, no true idea as to even how long the different strains can survive on surfaces etc, masks should have been embraced as a pathway to regaining some semblance of normalcy since the bulk of the studies have shown that the droplets in the air can hang around and infect for hours and cause most of the spread. If you're not sick but carrying it, the bulk of the droplets will be caught by your own mask.

That's it. If it was to prevent from catching it, people would be wearing those N95 masks (which by the way don't protect your eyes which it's believed can be a pathway to getting infected.

It's annoying and mildly inconvenient (masks). So are things like road construction, taxes, having your city shut down because POTUS is visiting and being felt up by the TSA. Yet somehow freedom survives.

Seeing people write off folks because they are older or at risk, as though it's the cost of having a free country, will be remembered for decades. These are horrible deaths these folks have to endure. The average person who dies from Covid is estimated to have at least 10 more years of life had they not been infected. 75-85 means nothing when you're 30 I guess. But many of these people fought in wars or built the country and economy after WW2. Now (many) suffer for months essentially slowly drowning, and then die alone without their loved ones at their side.

It didn't have to be this bad. What a terrible time, to have a b-squad in charge.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave Nitrogen 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

acceptable loss Nitro all fake numbers get the fukkin schools open

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are all the people getting it

Always trouble makers losers

Nitrogen
    Chasing

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They are all the people getting it

Always trouble makers losers

Is there an English speaking version of you that takes over during certain hours?

The SBR store should offer retard decoder rings for most of your posts.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

most of the cheap masks you see most wearing will not help anything but your pride in saying i have one on.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

He was talking bout the idiot who sounds proud not to own a mask. I was more against any shutdown than anyone and while I think they prob made a way bigger deal than need be out of it the mask when you inside public places isn’t all that much of a ask! I keep a bandana in mls car an just tie it on anytime I go in someplace, so what? If that what it takes to keep everything open and get sports bavk so be it!!!

carolinakid

“Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!” the surgeon general, Jerome M. Adams, said in a tweet on Saturday morning. “They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if health care providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    “Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!” the surgeon general, Jerome M. Adams, said in a tweet on Saturday morning. “They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if health care providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”
    Well the dip shit experts here say they absolutely do. I don’t tend to ever trust or believe Drs but if mask keeps things open I don’t really care what it does.

carolinakid

i think the cheap mask, just gives people a false sense of security against the virus, just my opinion here.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

its not so much wearing the mask is that in the beginning, all these damn experts telling us that masks are not needed. 3 months later, oh shit, everyone needs a mask. These "so called" experts cant even get their information straight.

its sad really.....

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I have my Houston Astros masks now. Since they made in mandatory in our county, I might as well make a fashion statement. Went to Kroger this morning, and about 1/3 of the people were still not wearing masks. That was including a few of the employees.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    its not so much wearing the mask is that in the beginning, all these damn experts telling us that masks are not needed. 3 months later, oh shit, everyone needs a mask. These "so called" experts cant even get their information straight.

its sad really.....
    That was because masks were being hoarded and no one could get any so to keep civil unrest from happening they said ya don't need one.

I mean common sense tells you that all viruses spread through the air when people breathe cough you name it...

The only masks that actually have a good shot at preventing COVID spread are the N95 and better.

These designer masks they're selling in stores does little to nothing.
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 07-11-20 at 08:20 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Minny and Nitrogen both make strong arguments for diametrically opposed sides of this debate and it is difficult to disagree with either
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave homie1975 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    Democrats like you think they have the right to tell me what to do.

You don't like it then too bad.

1234 ... Last