WillyBoy
    WillyBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8424

Covid 19 Data Snapshot: Who Do You Trust in the Trump-Virus Pandemic

Given the extraordinary political and economic pressures exerted by the Trump-Virus on the various state governors, it’s no surprise that hiding and manipulating data has become the standard protocol for many states; and, for residents of these states, when it comes the question of life or death for yourself and your family, the most important question is pretty clear: Who do you trust?

Naturally, common sense plays a part, but when it comes to betting on anything, I’m going to look at the numbers to guide my decision; and when it comes down to a question of life or death, I damn sure want to trust the numbers I’m using. The chart below shows state reported infections/deaths ratios for those states whose reported infections exceed 100,000, and is ranked according to those ratios which are the most suspect. I used a 100k cutoff as the fewer the number of infected, the greater the available state medical resources, making the preservation of life less challenging and far more likely – which skews the results. (eg. a state like Alaska with only 1,111 cases, may have only 16 deaths, and reasonably so, but a ratio of 69 to 1 appears far more “suspect” than it is.) Of course, a number of factors play a part in a state’s survival rate, but it’s pretty clear that some states are masking Trump-Virus death numbers for sheer political/economic reasons. Whether it’s not counting those Covid 19 deaths which, statutorily, are not required to be reported to the CDC, or flat-out lying, the fact is - not all politicians are honest. Otherwise, common sense tells you these ratios would not be at such wide variance.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Don't trust anything. They all have an agenda. The more cynical you are the better off you'll be.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Don't trust anything. They all have an agenda. The more cynical you are the better off you'll be.
    Exactly. He seems like he only trusts the numbers that fit his preferred narrative. Maybe it's not a coincidence that the #5,6,7 on his chart with the low ratios are also some of the most liberal states in the union. They might be the ones cooking the books to fit their agenda. Who knows. I find it tough to trust any numbers from anywhere when reporting and testing policies and criteria seem to vary so widely by hospital, county, state, and country.

Maybe Texas is doing so good because on average they have stronger constitutions and are tougher than the pussies up North.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post

Exactly. He seems like he only trusts the numbers that fit his preferred narrative. Maybe it's not a coincidence that the #5,6,7 on his chart with the low ratios are also some of the most liberal states in the union. They might be the ones cooking the books to fit their agenda. Who knows. I find it tough to trust any numbers from anywhere when reporting and testing policies and criteria seem to vary so widely by hospital, county, state, and country.

Maybe Texas is doing so good because on average they have stronger constitutions and are tougher than the pussies up North.
    Trump virus, LMAO.

Well, so much for trusting anything put forth by the OP in this thread.