WillyBoy
    WillyBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8388

Covid 19 - Data Snapshot: Southern States Death Projections

The death projections of University of Washington’s Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), which the White House uses, and which is the most conservative forecasting program used by the CDC, pegs the number of American dead by October 1st at north of 175,000. They use that date because it’s estimated that this will be the point in time when Covid 19 will reignite in a 2nd wave, and how the U.S. will be prepared for it when this occurs is more guesswork than science, so projecting any further is too unreliable a prospect.

IHME’s death projections, since the start of the pandemic, have been consistently short of the mark, and have had to be continuously revised upward, as the U.S. has consistently failed to meet the assumptions built into IHME’s protocol (like social-distancing and mask-wearing being rigorously observed, and economic lockdown restrictions being followed). It has also failed to take into account widespread stupidity and lying political leaders, but these are variables too difficult to quantify. The result being, IHME’s death projection is always lower than what has actually occurred.

I avoid making Covid 19 death projections for 2 reasons: 1. I lack the necessary variable data to come close to being accurate; and 2. When I’ve tried, the result is usually just too depressing. However, given the insistent fact-avoidance that prevails here, and on the other sites where I post Covid 19 data, and the fact that this is the only time left to all Americans to prepare for what is almost certain to be a catastrophic Fall and Winter, I’ve used the most basic data sets to make what I consider to be the most conservative death projections I can produce.

I’ve focused here on the southern states because, as the explosion of new Covid 19 cases has happened there, it appears that these states have the most work yet to do; and, as worrisome as the projections may be, these may not even be worst case scenarios, given that stupidity and data falsification continues unabated. The projections below are based on the current numbers of active Covid 19 cases, and the rates of non-survival for each state. Such numbers are bound to change, from day to day, as the numbers of dead increase, and active cases increase or decrease.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

If you add them all up, they don't even equal New York.

This is simply about hospital beds and government control over the economy. The death fears are over.

There's no magic drug coming anytime soon so it's either let 'er rip and let's get here immunity or we keep doing this retarded "just the tip" bullshit and everyone goes on to lose money and can't live the good life we earned.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Is that college football preseason rankings?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The SEC looks strong again this year.

WillyBoy

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Is that college football preseason rankings?
    I wish.

WillyBoy

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    The SEC looks strong again this year.
    But will they play? I'm scared as hell for all sports.