milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    not enough starts to be highest grossing in history. Not enough of a story line to get the women out to see it. Need women to watch at the masses to get high grossing numbers (titanic). Dudes don't go to movies with each other in groups to check out flicks
    yeah i get that

but just think of all the free press, and social justice warriors kissing the movie's ass because of a black lead

black panther had every critic sucking its dikk all the way to $700 million and that movie was mediocre at best

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Warner Bros. took “Tenet,” its twice-delayed Christopher Nolan thriller, off its release schedule Monday. Originally planned for a July 17 opening, it had most recently been scheduled to arrive Aug. 12. The move was made amid uncertainty over when U.S. movie theaters could reopen, especially in New York and Los Angeles, the latter of which is seeing an unprecedented surge in new COVID-19 cases.

CWD
    Update your status

“We now expect domestic theaters to be largely closed until mid-2021,” he wrote, “in part because we don’t think studios will be interested in releasing their largest movies into a capacity-constrained footprint.”

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

aaaaand straight to Netflix you go.

Tom Hanks style.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

You'll know when theatre executives and the studios believe all is clear because that's when they'll release the next James Bond.

That's a $350mm movie just sitting in a can.

CWD
    Update your status

“We are not treating ‘Tenet’ like a traditional global day-and-date release,” Warner Bros. chairman Toby Emmerich said in a statement, “and our upcoming marketing and distribution plans will reflect that.”

CWD
    Update your status

Emmerich said a new “Tenet” release date will be shared “imminently,” but there’s already speculation within Hollywood that the movie will open in countries that have done a better job containing the COVID-19 outbreak long before it will hit American theaters. Cinemas throughout Europe have begun reopening, and China, the world’s largest market outside the U.S., started that process Monday.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    the initial domestic run, no matter how long that lasts... i'll do even money if you give me top 11 (north america, not including mulan)... so i get $544 million and up

300 points? is that what i won from you before? i want to give you a chance at double or nothing lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tes_and_Canada
    Only 522 million to go after opening weekend.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    You'll know when theatre executives and the studios believe all is clear because that's when they'll release the next James Bond.

That's a $350mm movie just sitting in a can.

Is James Bond black yet?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

only made 20 million in states but doing better international

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    OK 300 points on O/U 544 million initial domestic run.
    won't even do that worldwide! i was sure wrong about the return to movie theaters

weird that china theaters are breaking attendance records and us theaters are going bankrupt... i thought we were the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE... turns out we are the land of the oppressed and home of the cowards, even compared to china

First 12