dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

GEORGE FLOYD arrest shocking info we aren't hearing about

Or at least I haven't heard about this. Apparently he was complaining about breathing problems before he was ever on the ground...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...r-put-n1218556

This isn't really new info, it's from May 29. In an NBC article no less. Have I missed this or has most of the media completely ignored this significant detail? If he was having trouble breathing while standing, it's much more likely internal factors were the cause of death than external.

Claiming you are claustrophobic (he was just sitting in a car though?) and having health issues does not excuse you from being arrested for being a criminal. This hoax is getting worse and worse.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

dlowilly

Things more likely to happen to you than an unarmed black male being killed by police in 2019:

Getting struck by lightning this year (4x more likely)

Dying from a meteorite strike (4x more likely)

Becoming a billionaire (3x more likely)

Going to the ER with a pogo stick related injury...on a Friday (3x more likely)

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

These threads are a bit tasteless.

Too many people want to make the Floyd issue out to be some kind of hoax, like the Michael Brown one.

But it's pretty clear what happened, with the cop on the guy's neck even after he was unconcsious, for minutes.

Just because the "hands up don't shoot" Michael Brown was a complete lie doesn't make them all lies.

Not arguing with anyone here, I just think the implications of a thread like this are in bad taste.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops defense would be he was giving him CPR by stepping on his neck for 8 minutes because he couldn't breath.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    These threads are a bit tasteless.

Too many people want to make the Floyd issue out to be some kind of hoax, like the Michael Brown one.

But it's pretty clear what happened, with the cop on the guy's neck even after he was unconcsious, for minutes.

Just because the "hands up don't shoot" Michael Brown was a complete lie doesn't make them all lies.

Not arguing with anyone here, I just think the implications of a thread like this are in bad taste.
    I would agree with you if hundreds of thousands of people weren't shutting down major cities and many of them rioting, looting, and assaulting people over it. Pursuit of the truth is never in bad taste IMHO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wow. I wouldn't be surprised that the cops defense would be he was giving him CPR by stepping on his neck for 8 minutes because he couldn't breath.
    I am not saying the cops aren't at fault, but it's looking more and more like a far far cry from brutality and murder that catalyzed all this mayhem.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I would agree with you if hundreds of thousands of people weren't shutting down major cities and many of them rioting, looting, and assaulting people over it. Pursuit of the truth is never in bad taste IMHO.
    I think the shit going on now is about more than just this one death. Just like the Michael Brown thing. Focusing on what are basically irrelevant details of Floyd just distracts from that bigger picture.

The Floyd death was a catalyst, but it's not why hundreds of thousands were shutting things down.

Better to blame and focus on the media misrepresentation, than Floyd himself.

I disagree, you aren't pursuing truth here, this thread is about making implications, like I said in the other post.

Choosing to mask it in the pursuit of truth is exactly what makes it bad taste.

To the point where I laughed at that "pursuit of truth" notion.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Love hearing ALL THE FACTS when they all come out after the fact!!

Cop still shouldn't of had his knee on his neck for that duration of time when the man was already hand cuffed and on the ground.. There IS NEVER GETTING AROUND THAT FACT! ..

Murder charges should stick IMO...

Can't be that reckless as a cop, now the more important question is do I think it was a racist and targeted event because he was a black man? Maybe not!!! If it was a tatted up meth head white dude or Mexican gang banger instead of GEORGE FLOYD in that exact same situation would those same cops have done the exact same? I guess we'll never know????

I'm leaning color of skin had nothing to do with it...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The guy was a hard core
    Criminal

He would of killed eventually
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: THE HITMAN

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Love hearing ALL THE FACTS when they all come out after the fact!!

Cop still shouldn't of had his knee on his neck for that duration of time when the man was already hand cuffed and on the ground.. There IS NEVER GETTING AROUND THAT FACT! ..

Murder charges should stick IMO...

Can't be that reckless as a cop, now the more important question is do I think it was a racist and targeted event because he was a black man, maybe not!!! If it was a tatted up meth head white dude or Mexican gang banger instead of GEORGE FLOYD in that exact same situation would those same cops have done the exact same? I guess we'll never know????

I'm leaning color of skin had nothing to do with it...
    Yeah, it's tough to tell.

There's no doubt that the media has exploited the color of his skin, that's for sure, whatever role it actually played.

The cop had a lot of prior complaints, something like 18, but not sure if any were race related.

He might just be a power tripper...lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The guy was a hard core
    Criminal

Lol.. JJ you are bad..

Floyd wasn't gonna kill anyone.. He could barely breath. Sounds like he was hooked on drugs though and just trying to pass fake bills to buy a pack of cigs. Can't label him as a future killer..

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Pretty sure he was sitting in a car when first approached by police. Selective claustrophobic

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

The guy was a hard core
    Criminal

Yeah, it's a thick history. From holding a gun to pregnant lady to this one, which was a fake $20 bill. Fake bills are pretty serious, no matter the amount, but most people might think it's harmless.

The guy had some fame I guess he didn't turn it into enough and stuck to the hood life.

That rarely ends well.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I still don't see how completely disbanding police departments is going to solve much.

If they put this shit in the hands of citizens they just might see how racist the people in this country can be.

It might not make for a better situation for the average black man.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

The guy was a hard core
    Criminal

Almost killed the poor woman whoose house he broke into. Held he gunpoint while his sidekick stole a bunch of jewelry and others valuables along with her innocence. Guy should have never been on the strrets to begin with.
    You do a home invasion and hold a person at gun point..good by you go away for good! These criminals get off 2 easy these days which is a major fckn problem

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

it makes it worse to me if he was already having trouble breathing. you should be even more careful about kneeling on ppls necks and backs when they are already struggling to breath.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Almost killed the poor woman whoose house he broke into. Held he gunpoint while his sidekick stole a bunch of jewelry and others valuables along with her innocence. Guy should have never been on the strrets to begin with.
    You do a home invasion and hold a person at gun point..good by you go away for good! These criminals get off 2 easy these days which is a major fckn problem
    Home invasions and holding a pregnant woman at gun point during that home invasion is no light crime at all. If Georgy actually did do that that's SERIOUS thug stuff!! Lock those people up!!!

Home invasions suck in the middle of the night especially when held at gun point!!!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Salt Lake City is the latest one...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ylq-story.html

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

Dude had a gun, cops shouting drop it and he didn't and kept running with the gun in hand.. Could have turned and fired at any moment.. Justified shooting there!! Cops in the right..

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I think the shit going on now is about more than just this one death. Just like the Michael Brown thing. Focusing on what are basically irrelevant details of Floyd just distracts from that bigger picture.

The Floyd death was a catalyst, but it's not why hundreds of thousands were shutting things down.

Better to blame and focus on the media misrepresentation, than Floyd himself.

I disagree, you aren't pursuing truth here, this thread is about making implications, like I said in the other post.

Choosing to mask it in the pursuit of truth is exactly what makes it bad taste.

To the point where I laughed at that "pursuit of truth" notion.

If it isn't the pursuit of truth, what is it? Admittedly I was outraged when I saw the video, but I had never heard this detail about him that he for whatever reason (probably panicking knowing he was going back to the pen) was already having difficulty breathing. Did you know about this? Anyone else? I think it's a pretty damn important detail to find out the truth about when officers are being charged with murder and violence is breaking out in the name of it.

You laugh at "the pursuit of truth". I'm lmao at "it's about more than just this one death". What is it about then? 9 unarmed black males were killed by police last year out of around 10 million arrests. Not only is that not a solvable problem, it isn't a systemically racist problem at all, especially when 19 white males were killed. The only thing this protest is about is Trump butthurt leftist elitists inflaming desperate, emotional, illogical people with hyped up rare occurrences caught in this day of social media and phone cameras.

Fighting purposefully agitating lies with truth and facts is about the most civil, tasteful way to deal with this. Either expose the lies through macro statistics or expose the truth in this particular case. What are the other options? No more police so the criminals run free? Armed citizens battle it out with the misled rabble?

I'm not IMPLYING anything. I'm saying this case is yet another hyped up misrepresentation, and these protests and violence supposedly in the name of it are based on lies to mask a sinister intent.

I wholeheartedly agree with you though, the media is the most to blame.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 06-07-20 at 06:15 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Dude had a gun, cops shouting drop it and he didn't and kept running with the gun in hand.. Could have turned and fired at any moment.. Justified shooting there!! Cops in the right..
    You could be right, the guy was fleeing from threatening with the gun.

It used to be that they could shoot even unarmed fleeing suspects if they are going to evade capture, when there was weight behind "Halt, or I'll shoot"

But that changed and after like a 10 year battle there was a supreme court ruling in the mid 80's.

So if they determine there was a significant threat to those officers in that video or a threat to the public at that time, then the shooting will be legit.

The guy was threatening others, and kept holding the gun, didn't stop, so a case could be made.

Not sure if they will need it to be the case that the suspects actually have to turn toward the officers. Given the situation I doubt it though.

I'm no expert obviously, but I have learned quite a bit about that 1974-85 battle and the change in the law that happened because of it.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

police are shit in utah. banged on my door a couple times in the middle of the night with the wrong address. they killed one of their own while raiding a guys house for a couple of pot plants in my city. then try to make the ex vet out to be a terrorist in the news. they were showing a halloween costume of him dressed as bin laden and saying he had bomb making materials (fertilizer for the pot).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was a
    Piece
    Of garbage

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Black Coffee

Lost Mitt Romney..

Black Coffee

Lost George W

Black Coffee

Lost Colin Powell

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Or at least I haven't heard about this. Apparently he was complaining about breathing problems before he was ever on the ground...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...r-put-n1218556

This isn't really new info, it's from May 29. In an NBC article no less. Have I missed this or has most of the media completely ignored this significant detail? If he was having trouble breathing while standing, it's much more likely internal factors were the cause of death than external.

Claiming you are claustrophobic (he was just sitting in a car though?) and having health issues does not excuse you from being arrested for being a criminal. This hoax is getting worse and worse.
    My grandpa has a ton of health complications, but he's still alive. But if you put him on the floor and put your knee on his neck for 8 minutes, he's a goner.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If it isn't the pursuit of truth, what is it? Admittedly I was outraged when I saw the video, but I had never heard this detail about him that he for whatever reason (probably panicking knowing he was going back to the pen) was already having difficulty breathing. Did you know about this? Anyone else? I think it's a pretty damn important detail to find out the truth about when officers are being charged with murder and violence is breaking out in the name of it.

You laugh at "the pursuit of truth". I'm lmao at "it's about more than just this one death". What is it about then? 9 unarmed black males were killed by police last year out of around 10 million arrests. Not only is that not a solvable problem, it isn't a systemically racist problem at all, especially when 19 white males were killed. The only thing this protest is about is Trump butthurt leftist elitists inflaming desperate, emotional, illogical people with hyped up rare occurrences caught in this day of social media and phone cameras.

Fighting purposefully agitating lies with truth and facts is about the most civil, tasteful way to deal with this. Either expose the lies through macro statistics or expose the truth in this particular case. What are the other options? No more police so the criminals run free? Armed citizens battle it out with the misled rabble?

I'm not IMPLYING anything. I'm saying this case is yet another hyped up misrepresentation, and these protests and violence supposedly in the name of it are based on lies to mask a sinister intent.

I wholeheartedly agree with you though, the media is the most to blame.
    Sharp post. Numbers don't lie.. They aren't spiking with cop abuse on Blacks either. This protesting crap is media fueled, kids buying into and protesting not knowing the real numbers.. They just think most cops are racist and hassling blacks now because the media tells them that.. LIES!!!!

Racism in America isn't as bad as they paint it out to be with law enforcement.. NO WAY!!! Fake news media strikes again ..

Bottom line is if we must go race - I'm not being racist either posting this!!! THESE ARE THE FACTS!!

Blacks commit the most crimes in America
    Blacks commit the most violent crimes in America
    Blacks are the most incarcerated in America.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-07-20 at 06:47 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

George's death is not what matters, George is just a symbol for oppression in general. Not even about police brutality as much as general racism, which obviously exists.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Goat Milk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Black Coffee

Sharp post. Numbers don't like.. They aren't spiking with cop abuse on Blacks either. This protesting crap is media fueled, kids buying into and protesting not knowing the real numbers.. They just think most cops are racist and hassling blacks now because the media tells them that.. LIES!!!!

Racism in America isn't as bad as they paint it out to be with law enforcement.. NO WAY!!! Fake news media strikes again ..

Bottom line is if we must go race - I'm not being racist either posting this!!!

Blacks commit the most crimes in America
    Blacks commit the most violent crimes in America
    Blacks are the most incarcerated in America.

Jibbs, you get more idiotic with each post..

Protests are occurring AROUND THE WORLD...

Not just in America..

But keep telling yourself that everything is ok..
    When just about a week ago u were crying like a b*tch when people were looting in Santa Monica..

Black Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    George's death is not what matters, George is just a symbol for oppression in general. Not even about police brutality as much as general racism, which obviously exists.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    it makes it worse to me if he was already having trouble breathing. you should be even more careful about kneeling on ppls necks and backs when they are already struggling to breath.
    It's just a tough situation. He's a big guy and a criminal. It can't be on cops to put themselves or the public in danger by believing everything an agitated criminal says. "Claustrophobia" is not a legitimate reason to not be arrested and put in a police car. Floyd collapsed to the ground while still conscious and at that point he was non compliant and avoiding arrest. In a perfect world they would have believed him and treated him with kid gloves but these are imperfect people in imperfect situations dealing with imperfect criminals.

Black Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    Exactly..

1234 ... Last