Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody do or know about Jiu Jit Su?

Is it fun? Dangerous?

Hard to learn?

Would it be smart for a 40 year old with a bad back and 2 bad knees to try to start doing it?

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Is it fun? Dangerous?

Hard to learn?

Would it be smart for a 40 year old with a bad back and 2 bad knees to try to start doing it?
    I'm a brown belt. Been doing it off and on for 20 years. I love it, keeps me in shape.
    Not gonna be easy with 2 bad knees and a bad back. But not impossible. Did you ever wrestle in highschool or college? If so that will help a lot.
    It's not very dangerous unless you are going super hard. Just take it slow and see if you like it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I'm a brown belt. Been doing it off and on for 20 years. I love it, keeps me in shape.
    Not gonna be easy with 2 bad knees and a bad back. But not impossible. Did you ever wrestle in highschool or college? If so that will help a lot.
    It's not very dangerous unless you are going super hard. Just take it slow and see if you like it.
    Nah I have never wrestled at all like ever. I’m thinking about going to this class on Saturday but I literally have no idea about how it’s done what the rules are etc... I’m just wondering if I should even go b/c I’m sure most of these people in class know what they are doing and may not have much patience for me.

Like I play in a baseball league and I’ve been playing all my life so I don’t even have to think when I’m out there I just react. Every once in awhile we have a dude come out who has never played baseball in his entire life, like not at all, not even in high school.

I’m like what in the hell would make somebody believe they can just pick up baseball in their mid 30’s and play it well enough to be in a league with ex college and pro guys throwing mid to high 80’s

and I’m never mean to these guys but I see my teammates get pissed as fukk when they miss a fly ball or make a base running mistake

I’m just curious is it like that in Jui Jit su? if somebody comes out and doesn’t know how anything works are the veteran guys like wtf?

ace7550

Nah I have never wrestled at all like ever. I’m thinking about going to this class on Saturday but I literally have no idea about how it’s done what the rules are etc... I’m just wondering if I should even go b/c I’m sure most of these people in class know what they are doing and may not have much patience for me.

Like I play in a baseball league and I’ve been playing all my life so I don’t even have to think when I’m out there I just react. Every once in awhile we have a dude come out who has never played baseball in his entire life, like not at all, not even in high school.

I’m like what in the hell would make somebody believe they can just pick up baseball in their mid 30’s and play it well enough to be in a league with ex college and pro guys throwing mid to high 80’s

and I’m never mean to these guys but I see my teammates get pissed as fukk when they miss a fly ball or make a base running mistake

I’m just curious is it like that in Jui Jit su? if somebody comes out and doesn’t know how anything works are the veteran guys like wtf?
    I can tell you that at my gym it's the opposite. We are always stoked to have a new guy come in. Just go in with an open mind and people will be excited to show you the basics. I respect it when an older guy comes in and knows nothing. Takes a lot of balls.
    You don't happen to live in the Bay Area do you?

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

It's not like baseball - your ineptitude doesn't affect anyone else. Generally, jiu jitsu players are respectful of newbies - they've all been there. They will be careful rolling with you at first. I recommend giving it a try if you're curious about it.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

sure wish someone that knows it takes this idiot out

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

better off just getting one of these or a .38. those guys can't dodge bullets son.

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    better off just getting one of these or a .38. those guys can't dodge bullets son.

I've got a Ruger 357 and 44. Great guns.
    Jiu Jitsu is a much better tool for getting in shape than winning fights.