HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

So... ordered a $1200 Lenovo Laptop 3 weeks ago...

Not impressed, 36 RAM GB and still gets laggy if running poker, youtube or itunes + several tabs on browser

Shouldnt be that way, my PC is 12GB and doesnt do that

Thats not all, the mousepad becomes glitchy very easily, like if my hands were wet they are not, its a fuckin mess, had to buy a mouse day 2 cause it affected my poker game

The thing is, I live in Costa Rica. Shipping was $350. For me to send this BS back and exchange for another (risking that it will have the same issues) I have to shell out $350 out, $350 in... penetrate THAT SHIT... im not gonna waste $700 more on this horseshit

What would you do? Im thinking about a chargebackk

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Dont do charge back it might go on your credit record

HurryUpAndDrink

It doesnt work like that here bro, im in Costa Rica

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wow that is an expensive lap top.

I got mine for $500 and it does everything I need it to

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

I think it's foolish to pay anywhere near that much for a laptop. In my experience, they seem to have a short shelf life whether you spend 1k+ or $250. Nowadays, I buy a new laptop for $250-$300 every few years.

HurryUpAndDrink

I'm a filmmaker now... so, needed something upscale

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Was it bought directly from Lenovo or a shop that SAID this is what is installed in the laptop? Everything you described is using internet and I will assume its not the fastest in CR. Multi core processors?, SSD and not hard disk, GPU could be working hard for poker especially multi tabling if its not a highend processor. Air flow under laptop for constant cooling.
    These are just shots in the dark HUD, I would ensure it is what what you paid for 1st.

TonyPhizzle
    TonyPhizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

MacBook Pro is all you need

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post

I'm a filmmaker now...

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

I’ve been a MacBook owner for about 10 years now and I’ve thought about getting a windows laptop like Lenovo for poker especially when Traveling.

Unfortunately nothing beats MacBooks especially when you can use parallel windows or boot camp. The build quality is so much better and will last easily for 5+ years with no need to bring back for repair.

Windows will have better specs but quality is pretty poor when you consider lifespan of any windows laptop to a MacBook.

TLDR: Once you go Mac you never go back

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Dont do charge back it might go on your credit record
    Um no.

My Lenovo is awesome so I'm not sure what's up? Using an old spin drive?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    I’ve been a MacBook owner for about 10 years now and I’ve thought about getting a windows laptop like Lenovo for poker especially when Traveling.

Unfortunately nothing beats MacBooks especially when you can use parallel windows or boot camp. The build quality is so much better and will last easily for 5+ years with no need to bring back for repair.

Windows will have better specs but quality is pretty poor when you consider lifespan of any windows laptop to a MacBook.

TLDR: Once you go Mac you never go back
    Surface pro smokes Macs all day.

Only broads/Emos use Apple

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Not impressed, 36 RAM GB and still gets laggy if running poker, youtube or itunes + several tabs on browser

Thats not all, the mousepad becomes glitchy very easily, like if my hands were wet they are not, its a fuckin mess, had to buy a mouse day 2 cause it affected my poker game

The thing is, I live in Costa Rica. Shipping was $350. For me to send this BS back and exchange for another (risking that it will have the same issues) I have to shell out $350 out, $350 in... penetrate THAT SHIT... im not gonna waste $700 more on this horseshit

you have a website and make films exposing scumbags, yet you are thinking of doing a chargebakk?

that's just straight up theft, even thinking of doing it for something you purchased is total bullshit behavior

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    you have a website and make films exposing scumbags, yet you are thinking of doing a chargebakk?

that's just straight up theft, even thinking of doing it for something you purchased is total bullshit behavior

Pedophile Jeff Bezos will survive. Is not my fault they sell defective shit. Im not gonna lose $700 in taxes over returning it so they refund $1150 and I still end up $700 in the hole

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

i did not even know Lenovo made a $1200 laptop. That is more than my pc and laptop combined and they are pretty good.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

so you’ll do the charge back and still use it?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

That's why I buy desktops over laptops. Easier to replace parts when hardware goes wrong.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

specs look good, if you recently updated windows, do a rollback; see if that helps. Or type in search winver, run that, check the version of win 10. If it's old, update it.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    so you’ll do the charge back and still use it?

no, bro, Im gonna throw it the trash can or give it away to the corner's crackhead

yeah sure

Listen, im not gonna lose $700 to a BILLIONAIRE because they sent me some defective product... no fuckin way...

Jeff Bezos is a scumbag, if this was a small shop in bumfuck, Arkansas I wouldnt and just eat the shit

Like, Ive been avoiding the ********** for 3 weeks now but everytime I penetrate up because the machine fails me I get LIVID and grab my mobile to call the bank and just dont

Like seriously, you guys expect me to keep this as is for $1150? or return it and lose $700? wtf man... Bezos can eat the loss. No children will go hungry cause that bald penetrate lost $1150

But, either way is not like Im happy to do it... i just feel insulted, this is the most expensive laptop ive ever bought

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

have you done a fresh install of windows?

lenovo's always come with bloatware, most manufactures pre-install a bunch of garbage.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last edited by jtoler; 02-16-20 at 09:53 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last edited by jtoler; 02-16-20 at 09:52 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Pretty much got the same pricey Lenovo laptop as Hurry like 3 years ago or so just an older generation.

It's had its issues but is still running. I'll never buy Lenovo again though.

The mousepad is unthinkably bad, almost unusable.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Pretty much got the same pricey Lenovo laptop as Hurry like 3 years ago or so just an older generation.

It's had its issues but is still running. I'll never buy Lenovo again though.

The mousepad is unthinkably bad, almost unusable.

Wow, thanks for the validation

Dude, like I have gotten so angry with this over the last week...

Ill be coming back to Toshiba, never failed me

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Did you ship it in using a service like Aeropost? If so, they'll eat the cost of shipping on returns. They'll refund the import taxes, too.

If you shipped direct through Amazon, you're SOL. Buy a plane ticket to Miami through Spirit and do some shopping.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

no, bro, Im gonna throw it the trash can or give it away to the corner's crackhead

yeah sure

Listen, im not gonna lose $700 to a BILLIONAIRE because they sent me some defective product... no fuckin way...

Jeff Bezos is a scumbag, if this was a small shop in bumfuck, Arkansas I wouldnt and just eat the shit

Like, Ive been avoiding the ********** for 3 weeks now but everytime I penetrate up because the machine fails me I get LIVID and grab my mobile to call the bank and just dont

Like seriously, you guys expect me to keep this as is for $1150? or return it and lose $700? wtf man... Bezos can eat the loss. No children will go hungry cause that bald penetrate lost $1150

But, either way is not like Im happy to do it... i just feel insulted, this is the most expensive laptop ive ever bought
    Sounds like you have a hardon for Jeff Bezo???

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

why i buy small desktops... never have had issues

never had a physical HD go bad on me... had one pc last 9 years

now i have a new small pc bought black friday and use the ssd that came with it as boot drive and use huge ssd drive i bought separately to store all downloads

everything works amazing for $500 plus cost of 2nd ssd

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Sounds like you have a hardon for Jeff Bezo???
    or justification that stealing is OK if it's from a company run by a billionaire

i really like hurry so he gets a pass on this one... even though he says "what would you do" and then when i answer he goes in attack mode... well if you already know you're gonna do a chargebakk then why freaking ask?

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    or justification that stealing is OK if it's from a company run by a billionaire

i really like hurry so he gets a pass on this one... even though he says "what would you do" and then when i answer he goes in attack mode... well if you already know you're gonna do a chargebakk then why freaking ask?
    I didn't attack you lol, I called Bezos a pedo, NOT YOU! Your avatar disturbs me but I wont call u a pedo over it lol.

BTW, whats that scumbag up to today? AH YES! Donating 7.7% of his money to battle "climate change". Those freemasons love their 7s, 11s, 13s, 33s, 39s, 911s, 322s & 666s.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff...-change-2020-2

TRANSLATION: I'm investing w/hopes of taxing all of you to ROI 100% - If I can kill some of you along the way its a WIN/WIN. Then I can take the orphan kids to my new house I bought from David Geffen which has underground tunnels already! He's such a doll

BRO, if could take this guy, steal all his money (and donate at least 80%) to finance a military operation to take out pedophiles and the cabal I would, and I would probably off him on the spot, no trial, no mercy, I would

Lets see, lets say Gary Sinise is worth $100M, I wouldn't steal $20 from him, one of the few Hollyweird actors I can vouch for! I know it sounds Iffy but Robin Hood was a here, and so am I

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Years back, IBM sold off their PC/laptop manufacturing biz.

China bought it and rebranded it: Lenovo.

You can probably get decent work out of it via cleansing it of bloatware etc.

I went a similar route and got a $1k+ laptop. For graphics/video editing/etc. Electricity is expensive here and laptops consume far less energy. Went HP. No complaints thus far aside from windows 10 being shady.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

did you remove preloaded software not needed?

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Hurryup,

Id suggest stop shipping directly from Amazon to Costa Rica. Use one of the shipping services here in Costa Rica, i ship to their warehouse in Miami, and they deliver it to me in CR, if i did it with only a laptop, id pay about $80 and have it in a week.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I'm happy with my new Dell Lap 17".. I paid $1200 for it a few months ago. It's solid and fast.. Unlike my last HP 17' laptop that fell apart on me after a year of use.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

I have several Lenovo laptops and all work great and look very nice too. Best laptops I've owned.

If you wanted something powerful you should have gotten a desktop. I use a custom built Xidax that allows me to have up to 6 monitor screens if I wanted and is faster than I could ever imagine and cost only about $1300.

12 Last