King tut
    King Butt
    King tut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8655

Install CCleaner (free) go to tools then click startup and disable programs that are running

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Bought a cheap Lenovo in college years ago when my old computer suddenly failed and needed to buy one in a hurry to finish the year out. Never again.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 02-18-20 at 06:18 PM.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lenovos seem like a hit or miss

Anyway, im not gonna ********** this motherfuckker, I dont want to lose my Amazon account, I order often

But penetrate this wasnt a good deal... I havent even tried it for editing the film, if it shits the bed im gonna be pissed

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11767

I wanna try the new I-9 processor on a 17 inch laptop.. Eye candy for us PC users..

I'm still working with the newer I-7 intel processor I'm typing on now and it's fast but the newest I-9 processor must really fly.

HurryUpAndDrink

yep! mine is latest i7 too...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Lenovos seem like a hit or miss

Anyway, im not gonna ********** this motherfuckker, I dont want to lose my Amazon account, I order often

But penetrate this wasnt a good deal... I havent even tried it for editing the film, if it shits the bed im gonna be pissed

Restore it factory settings and start over like a new computer coming out of the box HUD.. System Restore and go from there, wipe everything out...

That might clean it up and get it up to speed with new factory settings.. Just back up your data and transfer just what you need after..

If it's a newer computer it should be faster then your last if you have memory upgrade and processor upgrade in your newer Nenov buy.. Work with it.. Go on youtube and research your computer. You can learn alot off youtube demos..

betwithdaniel
    betwithdaniel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1051

The Lenovo E-series is junk. We tried to use them instead of the T-series at my work (because the price was cheaper)...The E-series laptops didnt last more than a year with our outside sales people. Sorry that your experience with Lenovo wasn't great. I have a lot of experience with the Lenovo T490 and T480 laptops (14" screens). We dont get the 15" version because they become pretty heavy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

yep! mine is latest i7 too...

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Restore it factory settings and start over like a new computer coming out of the box HUD.. System Restore and go from there, wipe everything out...

That might clean it up and get it up to speed with new factory settings.. Just back up your data and transfer just what you need after..

If it's a newer computer it should be faster then your last if you have memory upgrade and processor upgrade in your newer Nenov buy.. Work with it.. Go on youtube and research your computer. You can learn alot off youtube demos..

Thank u man I will do that, doing that is missing 1-2 days of work but I guess I'll have to do it

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by betwithdaniel View Post
    The Lenovo E-series is junk. We tried to use them instead of the T-series at my work (because the price was cheaper)...The E-series laptops didnt last more than a year with our outside sales people. Sorry that your experience with Lenovo wasn't great. I have a lot of experience with the Lenovo T490 and T480 laptops (14" screens). We dont get the 15" version because they become pretty heavy.

I should have asked you guys before buying

No biggie, I'll bite the bullet and take the loss

I'm not a douche, Bezos is a prick but is not his fault, is the Chinese and their subpar assembly

What do you guys think of Toshiba? Never failed me

My last laptop was a DELL and it was GARBAGE

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

I noticed you bought it from a 3rd party seller... a lot of those computers from 3rd parties are custom built and have had alterations made where they add more memory or disk space or something along those lines, was this the case? could be a sloppy build

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I should have asked you guys before buying

No biggie, I'll bite the bullet and take the loss

I'm not a douche, Bezos is a prick but is not his fault, is the Chinese and their subpar assembly

Great karma there drinker.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

I bought a Lenovo a few years back and it came preloaded with spyware, from LENOVO! Good news was that I was part of a class action lawsuit and recouped $50. The laptop completely died within the first 6 months and they replaced it free of charge. I'll never buy a Lenovo again, IBM thinkpads were good quality, once IBM sold the laptop division to Lenovo it has gone downhill. The last laptop I purchased was an Acer Predator for my son, he hasnt complained about it so I guess it's holding up alright. I prefer to stick to desktops, If it gets slow or laggy I'll either reload the OS or upgrade a few components. I can remote desktop in to the desktop from my Ipad from anywhere and that has worked well for me.

betwithdaniel

In my 15 years of experience supporting different companies who have deployed laptops, we started with HP (bad), went to IBM ThinkPad T-series (great), went to Dell Latitude E-series(worse than IBM, but better than HP), and then went to Lenovo T-series (better than Dell, but as others have mentioned, not as good as the IBMs used to be).

I dont have any personal experience with Toshiba, and I don't see it used a lot in the corporate world. I have personally had a few Sony laptops, and they look awesome, but are VERY fragile (many times i've had the casing crack or break).

If I had to pick a Windows laptop for myself today, I would get a Lenovo X1 Carbon (generation 5 or higher) or T-Series and call it a day. It is expensive, but sometimes you just gotta pay extra for less headaches. Hopefully that helps narrow down your options.

betwithdaniel

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    I bought a Lenovo a few years back and it came preloaded with spyware, from LENOVO! Good news was that I was part of a class action lawsuit and recouped $50. The laptop completely died within the first 6 months and they replaced it free of charge. I'll never buy a Lenovo again, IBM thinkpads were good quality, once IBM sold the laptop division to Lenovo it has gone downhill. The last laptop I purchased was an Acer Predator for my son, he hasnt complained about it so I guess it's holding up alright. I prefer to stick to desktops, If it gets slow or laggy I'll either reload the OS or upgrade a few components. I can remote desktop in to the desktop from my Ipad from anywhere and that has worked well for me.
    This is true, but the spyware was loaded on "consumer" models. The T-Series and X1 Carbons did not have this issue.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Hurry post the link to the model and specs.

Regardless, anything with any ram and am SSD, even an i3, shouldn't be doing that. Lenova is a top brand.

A charge back is fine. The product is not as promised and is faulty and it's ridiculous the return cost.

CC companies don't care. I'd like to see the model number though

First 12