JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

Got lazy this winter and lost my six pack and more..

Fellas JIBS got cold and lazy this winter and for the first time in my life I started to chill and try to get thru winter.. BIG MISTAKE!!!

After 2 months of kicking and being lazy I developed a gut and high blood pressure which is hereditary in my family.

My Grandma died of that in her 30's. I thought maybe I'd get back in shape in summer and take the time off in winter. OUCH!!!! JUST NO!!

I began to understand, BREAD is the main culprit for getting the gut.. CARBS!! Not doing cardio and sitting or laying around all day is KILLING ME also!!

GET AFTER BOYS.. Give up the carbs.. EAT TO LIVE.. SWEAT A SHIRT OUT EVERY DAY AND DO CARDIO!!!

I was about to go on high blood meds 150-100 just a few days ago, I said FUK that like Morino posts!!.

Just 2 months ago i was 125-85 on the blood pressure read and I was in shape.. Today 150-100 NO LIE.. I'm done with carbs and bread, back on the cardio horse..

I STARTED THIS THREAD just to share. I will not go on meds.. Back on that horse!!!

JUST TELLING THE STORY!!! Stay thin my SBR brothers and sisters THAT ARE GETTING UP IN AGE!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-20 at 08:16 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck ace

All genes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Jibby,

you are one of my favorite posters. Hang in there pal. You got this.

If you are looking for a kick ass work out and want your body to feel great

I HIGHLY recommend going on onnit.com and getting their 6 week body weight workout and also get the steel mace workout. The Steel mace will set you back about $65 but it’s a great fitness tool.

Also as far as high blood pressure

a couple things I know will help

bananas
    blueberries

and believe it or not meditation.

also man remember happiness is all about perspective. Shift your focus to what you are happy and thankful for and it will relieve some stress. I’m not saying you are not happy but stress can lead to high blood pressure.

Go get’em tiger

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Good luck jobby.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ...Just 2 months ago i was 125-85 on the blood pressure read and I was in shape.. Today 150-100 NO LIE.. I'm done with carbs and bread, back on the cardio horse...
    This could amount to more than diet.

Can you tell your blood pressure is high at this level? How do you feel?

Let us know how this unfolds in the weeks going forward Jibbs.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

Raw beets

Beet and celery juice

Apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper

You'll never need meds
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave Chi_archie 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

When I stopped drinking alcohol my blood pressure went from 145/90 to 115/75. Of course diet and exercise were a part of that.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Best of luck with your gut.

Saloon immediately!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Thanks fellas all love!!!

I just need to not be lazy and get back to working out.. I'll be fine in time. I'm out of shape though. Get winded easy... On it already for the past few days, out of shape and pushing it.. Don't take 2 months off!! Especially in your 50's!!!!

I'll be fine. Just sharing my life experience. Trying to help you boys out.. We are all built different..

JJ IS RIGHT IN THE ABOVE POST!! . ALL GENES and GENETICS!!

Gotta work it and fight it if you know your family gene history and what kills you all off.. I know mine do you know yours?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I’m on a diabetic diet basically. My gut is better than it was in high school playing 3 sports.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29910

Jibby, did you really have a six-pack? That's damn hard at 40+

Best of luck bud

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Damn Jibby. 150-100 not cool.

Get that shit back down.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28967

Saloon this garbage

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Saloon this garbage
    yea bro, i dont know you and i hope you live a great life

but im here for winners in players talk

we all have heart breaking stories

THATS LIFE

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Not sure trying to maintain a six pack at 50 is going to be great for your body.

But agree, beer and bread have direct relationship with size of my gut too.

Can live without bread but is it really living if you can't have a cold one?

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I’m at the age where if I go 5 days without working out, I feel like a bag of ti**

And I eat way healthier when I’m working out than if I’m not.

The working out and healthy eating go hand in hand.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    I’m at the age where if I go 5 days without working out, I feel like a bag of ti**

you must slurp the weiner dog with mayo after you cheated on wife

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11830

Gat well soon Jibby.

Lay off the salt man.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Best of luck with your gut.

Saloon immediately!

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

good luck! day by day

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good luck ace

All genes
    Can’t even imagine the shit show gene pool you came from without getting nauseas.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Can’t even imagine the shit show gene pool you came from without getting nauseas.

says the idiot who makes 15/hr

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

JIbby do you own a good blood pressure monitor of your own?

if you just got your BP tested at a doc's office, sometimes it can be just elevated during that brief period due to a # of things. (travel, anxiety, hot nurse, coffee, recent exercise) Its best to get an idea where it is on a normal day at various times.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post

Truer words could not be spoken. I'm the same way.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Getting old sucks sometimes. Our bodies just don't work like they used to anymore. Or rather, they don't handle the abuse like they used to.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    JIbby do you own a good blood pressure monitor of your own?

if you just got your BP tested at a doc's office, sometimes it can be just elevated during that brief period due to a # of things. (travel, anxiety, hot nurse, coffee, recent exercise) Its best to get an idea where it is on a normal day at various times.
    I do have a blood pressure read, I read it myself.. I didn't check it though until a few days ago.. Hense starting this thread.

I just took 2 months off from working out (cardio), I was drinking more then usual and eating breads and cheese more then normal.. My diet is still very good typically.. Garlic, blueberries, beets, spinach, apples you name it..

I just got lazy and boom the high blood pressure went thru the roof. I heard a little ringing in my ears, got tired lately too..

I'm back on that work out horse now. Eating like a rabbit.. Cutting back on drinking too.. I don't want to go on meds.. I'll need a month to get back in prime shape..

End of story, End thread.. I know what I have to do. I was stupid to get lazy and quit the cardio for 2 months.. Biting me in the ass now.. I won't do this again.. Lesson learned.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    What so your better than everyone that you make more money then? Is there something wrong with 15/hr.? You're the kind of prick I would beat down and go to prison for!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    What so your better than everyone that you make more money then? Is there something wrong with 15/hr.? You're the kind of prick I would beat down and go to prison for!
    our society is into dick measuring

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Jibby -- my suggestion. Complete 2 week detox. Drink only coffee/water. Eat eggs, lean meats, veggies every day. No more than 50G carbs per day (less than 30 if you're really going low carb). At least 25 min of cardio 4x a week -- enough to break a really good sweat and get the heart rate going. Sleep 7-8 hours each night.

Do that for 14 straight days and you'll lose close to 10lbs and feel better. It's not easy to stick to but you feel better and it gets easier each day.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

I remember I lost a six-pack once. I left a sixer of IPA's in the mini-fridge of my hotel room in Vegas once. By the time I realized it, I was already between Baker & Barstow.

I feel your pain.....

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Business owners don’t get hourly wages. Watch your tone little kid before I have to take it out on your mom’s mudflaps.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Jibby -- my suggestion. Complete 2 week detox. Drink only coffee/water. Eat eggs, lean meats, veggies every day. No more than 50G carbs per day (less than 30 if you're really going low carb). At least 25 min of cardio 4x a week -- enough to break a really good sweat and get the heart rate going. Sleep 7-8 hours each night.

Do that for 14 straight days and you'll lose close to 10lbs and feel better. It's not easy to stick to but you feel better and it gets easier each day.
    That's basically what I'm doing now. Giving up the booze is tough, cutting down though. Just a small half glass of Tequila and that is before dinner.. Ton of water after.

I'm on the cardio now.. That will get me back in shape in no time and bring down the BP. I'm already starting to feel a little better just after 3 days.. I get gassed easy and I'm sore now..

Two months off and kicking, drinking, eating cheese and snacks really taxed my body for sure.. DON'T DO IT!!!

I'm eating like a rabbit now. I'm at 240 now and I should be at 220 my normal weight. I'm 6'5".. 220 is my normal in shape lean weight.. So I got 20 pounds to lose now..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I began to understand, BREAD is the main culprit for getting the gut.. CARBS!! Not doing cardio and sitting or laying around all day is KILLING ME also!!
    This is an excellent read defining reasons why wheat related products significantly declined in nutritional value post 1950s:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-you-shou...-wheat-5968164

Wheat in the united states is also often sprayed with glyphosate which also leads to numerous negative health conditions.

There are people with numerous difficult to fix health disorders who were able to fix all their issues simply by avoiding wheat.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    This is an excellent read defining reasons why wheat related products significantly declined in nutritional value post 1950s:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-you-shou...-wheat-5968164

Wheat in the united states is also often sprayed with glyphosate which also leads to numerous negative health conditions.

There are people with numerous difficult to fix health disorders who were able to fix all their issues simply by avoiding wheat.
    ^^That link above Sanity for wheat research was a very interesting read.. Thanks..

I do eat wheat based breads and have for a long time, gave up white breads for decades. I'm trying to give up bread and wheat all together anyways now. Lean proteins and veggies for this guy is the goal...