gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Anyone been to Bonnaroo???

Thinking about making a trip with my homies. Anyone ever been?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

My friend's daughter and her friends have gone for the last 5 years, swear by it. Personally I can't envision a festival headlined by Tool and Lizzy. Can't imagine too many who like both. Sign me up for Tool and Primus.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Yeah I'm definitely down for the hard stuff. Run the Jewels would also be on my list. I have a good friend who lives in Tennessee so this would be a reunion kinda deal.

I'm not really into camping with a bunch of stinky hippies so more just curious about the set up, where to stay, etc.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I've been. It's fun......in small doses. Hotter than F, dirtier than S. Lots of good people-watching. If you're civilized you'll stay nearby (within 1 hour drive) in a hotel. Camping there is disgusting. But even more disgusting are those moments when you feel the need to crap. Nowhere to go that isn't just friggin' awful.

Stay away from the big shows, check out the smaller ones.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Thinking about making a trip with my homies. Anyone ever been?
    I go every year lets meet up

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I've been. It's fun......in small doses. Hotter than F, dirtier than S. Lots of good people-watching. If you're civilized you'll stay nearby (within 1 hour drive) in a hotel. Camping there is disgusting. But even more disgusting are those moments when you feel the need to crap. Nowhere to go that isn't just friggin' awful.

bro just take a dump in the woods, bring TP and hand santizer

they have a creek there I jump in as a bath subsitute, it’s pretty narly

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

Does a bear shit in the woods? I hope you don't dump near the creek that you bathe in.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Does a bear shit in the woods? I hope you don't dump near the creek that you bathe in.
    lmao

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post

Great info thanks. Do you know if anyone has or sets up trailer rentals on site? I'd prefer to be near the venue and not driving an hour but not interested in tent camping with 100,000 people.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

It sucks big fuk’in donkey diks! The first few years were great, then money grubbing scum stepped in and now it’s the joke rip off of music festivals. Like Harry said, it’s hot, dirty and dust permeates anything and everything. At one point, the water flowing out of the giant mushroom fountain was so dirty, it looked like a chocolate fountain. If you were brave or dumb enough to splash around in it, you came out with dirty nasty water drying on your skin.

Camping is sweat shop elbow to asshole nightmare! $6 for a small ass bag of melting ice! $12 for a shower that is a disgusting trickle! Of course you can always pay for one of their $1200 glamping camp sites, which basically gets you a safari tent and a cot! The searches going in and sometimes out of Center Roo are gestapo like and there are narcs everywhere!

They cram so many bullshit acts in the schedule, most bands get less than 30 to 45 minute sets. There’s no room to move or dance under the smaller tent stages, cause everyone is so jammed in there! The main 2 stages have VIP only up front, so even if you get there way early, some rich pompous asshole will be in front of you in a “special” fenced in area with tons of room, while you’re behind a fence with the rest of the crammed in GA crowd.

The sanitary conditions of the porta shitters is horrendous! And the on site “free” water stations are dirty and the water taste like shit and has dirt in it!

Factor in bunk ass drugs and other weird and possibly deadly shit people are selling, along with old skunk ass beer, low quality alcohol and food that’s been sitting out all day, and you’ve got the makings of a bonafide shit festival!

It’s not a question of if you’ll get sick, but how quick you’ll get sick.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    It sucks big fuk’in donkey diks! The first few years were great, then money grubbing scum stepped in and now it’s the joke rip off of music festivals. Like Harry said, it’s hot, dirty and dust permeates anything and everything. At one point, the water flowing out of the giant mushroom fountain was so dirty, it looked like a chocolate fountain. If you were brave or dumb enough to splash around in it, you came out with dirty nasty water drying on your skin.

Camping is sweat shop elbow to asshole nightmare! $6 for a small ass bag of melting ice! $12 for a shower that is a disgusting trickle! Of course you can always pay for one of their $1200 glamping camp sites, which basically gets you a safari tent and a cot! The searches going in and sometimes out of Center Roo are gestapo like and there are narcs everywhere!

They cram so many bullshit acts in the schedule, most bands get less than 30 to 45 minute sets. There’s no room to move or dance under the smaller tent stages, cause everyone is so jammed in there! The main 2 stages have VIP only up front, so even if you get there way early, some rich pompous asshole will be in front of you in a “special” fenced in area with tons of room, while you’re behind a fence with the rest of the crammed in GA crowd.

The sanitary conditions of the porta shitters is horrendous! And the on site “free” water stations are dirty and the water taste like shit and has dirt in it!

Factor in bunk ass drugs and other weird and possibly deadly shit people are selling, along with old skunk ass beer, low quality alcohol and food that’s been sitting out all day, and you’ve got the makings of a bonafide shit festival!

It’s not a question of if you’ll get sick, but how quick you’ll get sick.
    wow that was poetic

I can’t wait to go

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

so, it's a fukkin' phish concert?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post