StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

Do you think handicapping shows on the internet are anywhere near saturated?

Considering all online platforms (websites, youtube, social media, etc) do you think doing a quality 'capping show is foolish? It always seemed coffee, distillery, specialty goods were all oversaturated but then it kept going and going and going ... now sports betting is legal in more but not most states and I barely see any shows of notoriety apart from Bad Beats on espn and some spots for chalk, possibly that FS1 show, but who watches these?

I feel the audience is tremendous, will only get better, and only a few of these shows are any good. People still feel largely embarrassed about talking about sports gambling.

Am I wrong?

Nickelchip2
    Nickelchip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I don't call it "sports gambling" so count me in the crew of being embarrassed. It's not that I'm embarrassed about it, it's that I don't want to spend 20 min convincing someone what I do is not sports gambling. They are not going to understand anyways.
    With all the shows on the internet, over all the various platforms, I don't have the time to figure out which ones are reputable. To be honest those shows just cloud my train of thought. The one on FX1, "Lock It In" all they talk about is the NFL, they might show a pick here or there on another sport but it's rare. How do I know that FX1 which also owns FoxBET and produces the show "Lock It In" just isn't trying to steer the audience to unprofitable plays or plays where Foxbet as a little edge. Consider the source of your information.
    Now on the ESPN show "Daily Wager", I believe is more reputable. Especially if the plays come from Preston Johnson, he's more of a strictly numbers guys, so his info is cut and dry. I do find by the time the show airs, sometimes the numbers are hard to get, but they will also mention that fact too. I personally don't watch the show to get plays, but what it does do is, maybe give me different ideas/angles to handicap from in the future. Also it gives me an idea about how the public is betting.
    I guess I agree with you that there is a market for "reputable content" when it comes to sports wagering. To be successful I believe you have become very reputable and distant yourself from the Vegas Daves and morons of the month. A chicken can make pics, are you better than a chicken? Most aren't.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

Agreed, that's why I asked. I feel that there is a large amount of content, but most of it is clearly retarded and tucked away in the bowels of youtube or silly tout sites. I feel like if you produced a decent show, you could get a huge viewership. I'm not sure how well monetized youtube channels are these days, or what is still possible, but thought this was a sector out there that still has some room.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

I agree with you. A quality sports gambling show with people you can trust would be great. Problem is sports gambling has a bad name with all the hack infomercials and know it alls who you can't trust trying to make a quick buck with 80 percent success rates they can't prove.

I know wager talk has shows called Bet on It on youtube. Kelly in Vegas is the moderator. I wish they talked more in detail about the lines and analytics. That is the model I think you are talking about.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

SportsGrid may be the best channel out there (free). Nothing against the ESPN or Fox shows, but I want to stay away from national content.