hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Sorry man. They lived a long good life for that breed. My last one made it to 21 years old she would walk in circles. Eventually, she started seizing and her organs shut down. I had her on IV's at home for fluids, and was feeding her baby food through a syringe. It didn't matter she still died. I just wanted to give her a chance when the vets wouldn't do squat.

Current dog I have is diabetic and I give him insulin injections shots every 12 hours. I got him as a rescue. He almost died last week from Pancreatitus. Be careful because that can happen fast and they can die fast from it. He is doing better now.

It sucks losing the furry buddies. They are better than people. People are schemers. The dogs just want food and shelter and they have your back. Just hang in there and you're bada*s for doing all you could for your buddy. You're probably are thinking what else could you have done but don't do that to yourself. Don't question yourself......

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    My girlfriend ask him for a sign & two cardinals flew by in unison a second later....inside the kitchen about 30 minutes ago we both heard his bark. It was the tired bark he had of late but it was distinct. Thanks man.
    I know how hard it is too. Would rather give my left arm.
    Call me crazy that's fine........I swear my old girl kept clawing at my feet and legs after she died. One time, I swear I saw her reappear just a remnant of her. It was not like fully seeing her it was like a ghost. I'm not kidding. Then, I buried her at a pet cemetery and when I went back there weeks later I heard her barking. When they pass on, they try and CAN communicate with you for a while or let you know they are there.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25486

Sorry to hear John. Can tell you were very close with him. 17 years is a great run.

This day, 4 years ago, we had to put down our 14 year old Golden. She was the best.

2 months ago we had to put down our old boxer/staff mix. He was a great boy. Was only 3 weeks after we backpacked and camped with him. He was thirteen and went downhill quickly.

What was your boys name?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Terrible news. Condolences Johnny.

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I'm sorry for your loss.....

I myself may have lost firedawg today but I'm really good with it.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

I'm almost crying here reading this because its so similar to my situation. The 6 vets I saw in the last year were clueless (even a supposed holistic one). There is little doubt they hastened his decline. I was basically on my own reading & watching videos about everything from supplements & kidney massages to accupressure. My gf & I were giving him Sub Q fluids at home for 9 weeks & feeding him home cooked food (as we had all along). Sadly he only ate sparingly & it was all syringe administered by me as many times as I could try each day. He also had some walking in circles episodes & some suspected a brain tumor. He got too thin in the end & was mostly skin & bones.
    Best thing to do is to feed them clean food (pet foods have as high as 100x the cancer causing crap as people food), learn as much as you can about supplements & limit shots/vaccines. Most are useless & harmful & many natural vets believe a dog only needs to be vaccinated once (around 1 year of age). You sound like an awesome dude.

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Sorry man. They lived a long good life for that breed. My last one made it to 21 years old she would walk in circles. Eventually, she started seizing and her organs shut down. I had her on IV's at home for fluids, and was feeding her baby food through a syringe. It didn't matter she still died. I just wanted to give her a chance when the vets wouldn't do squat.

Current dog I have is diabetic and I give him insulin injections shots every 12 hours. I got him as a rescue. He almost died last week from Pancreatitus. Be careful because that can happen fast and they can die fast from it. He is doing better now.

It sucks losing the furry buddies. They are better than people. People are schemers. The dogs just want food and shelter and they have your back. Just hang in there and you're bada*s for doing all you could for your buddy. You're probably are thinking what else could you have done but don't do that to yourself. Don't question yourself......

Johnnythunder

Thanks my man. I understand how you feel. It hurts bad. Really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Sorry to hear John. Can tell you were very close with him. 17 years is a great run.

This day, 4 years ago, we had to put down our 14 year old Golden. She was the best.

2 months ago we had to put down our old boxer/staff mix. He was a great boy. Was only 3 weeks after we backpacked and camped with him. He was thirteen and went downhill quickly.

What was your boys name?

Johnnythunder

Not crazy at all. Heard my cat cry out last March at 2 AM the same day he died. Just smelled cat pee in my garage & we dont leave it open. He may have come back to help my boy to the other side or something. Nothing would surprise me. Was talking to a guy who says he visits his dead pets in his dreams by placing a photo of them under his bed & clearing his mind and just asking them to come and see him. Very complex universe. Plausible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Call me crazy that's fine........I swear my old girl kept clawing at my feet and legs after she died. One time, I swear I saw her reappear just a remnant of her. It was not like fully seeing her it was like a ghost. I'm not kidding. Then, I buried her at a pet cemetery and when I went back there weeks later I heard her barking. When they pass on, they try and CAN communicate with you for a while or let you know they are there.

Johnnythunder

Thx guy

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Terrible news. Condolences Johnny.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Sorry man, it’s a tough loss and no matter how many times it may happen to you during your life it never gets any easier. I’ve had to put 2 down so far. Right now I own rescue Wolf and a rescue Doberman. I got them both 13 years ago when they were both 5 weeks old, and sadly I know the day is coming again when I’m going to have to deal with putting them down. Hold your head high and get another one when your ready

later

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We lost our dog 2 months ago and now we got a new puppy. Don't be sad. Life goes on. I have lost many dogs but I always get a new one.

Johnnythunder

Thanks man. I'm doing the best I can but its so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Sorry man, it’s a tough loss and no matter how many times it may happen to you during your life it never gets any easier. I’ve had to put 2 down so far. Right now I own rescue Wolf and a rescue Doberman. I got them both 13 years ago when they were both 5 weeks old, and sadly I know the day is coming again when I’m going to have to deal with putting them down. Hold your head high and get another one when your ready

later

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

I see the loss of your dog a great opportunity to tell the women in your life, that they are appreciated.
    Maybe for their patience, kindness, grace, beauty (not physical though could be) sense of fairness/justice/humor/forgiveness.

you might even say to a women in your life that, some asshole on the sports site tried to make a point that we sometimes love our pets more than those that, for example, gave birth to us
    and that he suggested it was a good time to issue apologies/acts of kindness/love to all, but especially women/children/the suffering ...

they will appreciate that, in that there is NO way that it does not have a positive effect, instantly

and if they are single between 40 and 80 (like my dogs younger than me, women older)
    toss `em my #
    thnx

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I have a cat that’s 17 and a half. Don’t know how much longer she will have but she survived a stroke in March.

Sorry for your loss

Johnnythunder

Good point. I appreciate my girlfriend more & more everyday and even when my boy was sick she cooked multiple home cooked meals for him and ran to the store daily to get him stuff. They're both angels.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    I see the loss of your dog a great opportunity to tell the women in your life, that they are appreciated.
    Maybe for their patience, kindness, grace, beauty (not physical though could be) sense of fairness/justice/humor/forgiveness.

you might even say to a women in your life that, some asshole on the sports site tried to make a point that we sometimes love our pets more than those that, for example, gave birth to us
    and that he suggested it was a good time to issue apologies/acts of kindness/love to all, but especially women/children/the suffering ...

they will appreciate that, in that there is NO way that it does not have a positive effect, instantly

and if they are single between 40 and 80 (like my dogs younger than me, women older)
    toss `em my #
    thnx

Johnnythunder

My cat is 19. I feed him nothing but organic foods (bone broth, turkey etc). I avoid vaccines, antibiotics (anything that can destroy his immune system). Thank God he's doing well. I sprinkle some astragalus powder on his food three times a week. I know thats good for stroke. I think sea kelp helps him out a lot as well.
    Please google natural supplements for cat stroke or similar & explore. You may find something that can make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I have a cat that’s 17 and a half. Don’t know how much longer she will have but she survived a stroke in March.

Sorry for your loss
    Last edited by Johnnythunder; 12-14-19 at 06:42 AM.

PittsburghPlayer

Good point. I appreciate my girlfriend more & more everyday and even when my boy was sick she cooked multiple home cooked meals for him and ran to the store daily to get him stuff. They're both angels.
    ok, you just confirmed that you are one of the good ones, already surrounded by angels
    sorry for the loss of your friend

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Sorry for your loss brother. We put our 14 year old pitty down in sept so it’s rough. Never thought I would get another dog but got one in a shelter about a month ago. Great therapy

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

17 year old German Shep/Rottweiler mix. His health was declining the last year & a half. Doctors thought he wouldnt make it through the night 2.5 months ago but he kept fighting. Just kept getting thinner & thinner. Had a rough week this week & never woke up from a seizure. He fought through every health obstacle in his path but his body wasn't strong enough to keep fighting. The majority of the last 8 years my life revolved around him. To me he was perfect.
    Nothing like kissing his angel nose of a lick on the chin from him. Even though he was sick he looked young & handsome + the oddest thing is even if he hadn't had a bath in months he smelled like honeysuckle. So happy to work at home & spend every minute with him. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    Lost my Labrador/Shepard mix at 18 two years ago. Was my constant companion, went to work with me everyday(drive a van doing deliveries) and was better security than a gun. We walked every morning, kept me in shape. Mostly, I was able to live my boyhood dream of a boy and his dog. Know your sorrow and loss. Even went to OTB at outside seating as my companion dog. Still hurts deep down, lost a brother and this man's best friend. Still can't bring myself to get another dog, hurts to much when losing them. Happy enough with two 9 tear old cats we fostered as kittens that never left.

DoctorStrong
    DoctorStrong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

Dogs are the best. In time you will heal.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

My condolences, it’s hard right now but it will get better. I had a dobe for 16 years, having her put down was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Got her after a college breakup and when she passed I had been married 10 years with two kids. One word of advice, not right now but down the road, make sure you have your pictures backed up or extra copies, especially the ones of him in his prime. They'll bring back great memories and stories.
    Points Awarded:

Duckshit gave PD77 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I can't really post anything that already hasn't been said, but sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is tough.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

You don't pick the dog. The dog picks you.

I rescued three Rottweilers in my lifetime. The last one was tough. He had flunked out of 5 homes and they were considering putting him down because nobody could handle him at age 5 and 152lbs. No, that's not a misprint. He was a 152lb monster.

So I went to meet "Hunter" and they had him on lead. I said, "take the leash off". They said, "that's probably not a good thing to do". I said, "well, I've got to know. Release him".

Hunter came bounding over to me, laid at me feet, and begged for a belly rub. After the shelter workers picked their jaws up off the ground, I said, "He's coming home with me".

5 years later Hunter died of a heart attack while I was holding him in my arms. Very sad but I had given him another 5 years. And when you think about it how else would you want your dog to pass on than taking his last breath against your chest?

You'll get over it Johnny. You've got your memories to cherish.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave TheGoldenGoose 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PittsburghPlayer

Golden, `15 my Mom passed away from a heart attack
    in my arms
    her head against my chest

you bastard (sarcastically),
    I am crying now (truly)
    w/ a smile

the humanity, fukker (smiling)

SBR`s stock is rising and Curtis Loew was the finest picker to ever sing the Blues!

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7776

One reason I have a hard time getting another lab.

They are the best and so hard to say goodbye to.

I've had four labs and each one the best dog ever

I'm not crying....you're crying.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

Lost my American and Beagle both in the last two years.. it is rough knowing you can't really talk to them when they are going through the tough times.. I waited a month after my American passed and helped my friend foster a dog she found.. after a month he was mine.. we just celebrated his first birthday together this week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I lost a Pom I had for 17 yrs. have minimal feelings in my feet.Didn't realize I buried her in fire ant mound. Still have scars from bites. Just you mentioning you dog brought tears to my eyes. I m sorry for your loss.

PittsburghPlayer

yeah Chico, no one here likes that kind of dog so we are not reading that shit

you are a good fukker, just think those dogs are destined to be found on a plate at your favorite Chinese food joint
    just fukking with ya,
    too many men crying here today, had to write some twisted shit try to make some laugh
    or order Chinese food

Johnnythunder

Tough man. Makes me feel better so many guys know how i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I lost a Pom I had for 17 yrs. have minimal feelings in my feet.Didn't realize I buried her in fire ant mound. Still have scars from bites. Just you mentioning you dog brought tears to my eyes. I m sorry for your loss.

Johnnythunder

Thanks GG. Thats some story. Glad you two had time together.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    You don't pick the dog. The dog picks you.

I rescued three Rottweilers in my lifetime. The last one was tough. He had flunked out of 5 homes and they were considering putting him down because nobody could handle him at age 5 and 152lbs. No, that's not a misprint. He was a 152lb monster.

So I went to meet "Hunter" and they had him on lead. I said, "take the leash off". They said, "that's probably not a good thing to do". I said, "well, I've got to know. Release him".

Hunter came bounding over to me, laid at me feet, and begged for a belly rub. After the shelter workers picked their jaws up off the ground, I said, "He's coming home with me".

5 years later Hunter died of a heart attack while I was holding him in my arms. Very sad but I had given him another 5 years. And when you think about it how else would you want your dog to pass on than taking his last breath against your chest?

You'll get over it Johnny. You've got your memories to cherish.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    yeah Chico, no one here likes that kind of dog so we are not reading that shit

you are a good fukker, just think those dogs are destined to be found on a plate at your favorite Chinese food joint
    just fukking with ya,
    too many men crying here today, had to write some twisted shit try to make some laugh
    or order Chinese food

funny you should say that. i had chinese lady ask me to give her that dog. i bought for a girl but she couldn't keep it in the apt. Had different girl tell me that i needed to get rid of my dog. Told her i been sleeping with the dog for 10 yrs and her for 6 months. No way...cost me a good lay but was well worth it. Dogs love you forever.

PittsburghPlayer

did not even have to read the 2nd sentence before I was laughing ballz

you are not only a good man but funny too

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

My name is johnny and I lost on a dog last night

The t wolves ...

Johnnythunder

Thanks CP....sorry for your loses too....

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post

later

Johnnythunder

Thanks for sharing man. That is tough. Glad u turned it into a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Lost my American and Beagle both in the last two years.. it is rough knowing you can't really talk to them when they are going through the tough times.. I waited a month after my American passed and helped my friend foster a dog she found.. after a month he was mine.. we just celebrated his first birthday together this week.

First 123 Last