gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Don Cherry (Canada) rants on immigrants

https://www.si.com/nhl/2019/11/10/don-cherry-rant-immigrants-remembrance-day-sportsnet-apology

“You people... love our way of life, love our milk and honey. At least you could pay a couple of bucks for poppies or something like that. These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada.”

shocked he still has a job after all these years.... although until this, not sure he's ever gone this far..... i think anyone else would have been fired? but money talks?

do recent immigrants not wear poppies? i'm guessing he is to some degree correct........... although i've paid for poppies twice this year but don't wear them (not sure where they go, sort of like socks disappearing in the dryer.. the washer?)

canadian and american immigration is quite different...... someone summarized to me as "america is a melting pot, canada is a mosaic". far more people live much more like they did back home whereas america i think people assimilate much more quickly........ in toronto, we get people from all over the world, i think you could have a yonge street world cup win celebration for almost every country in the world. vancouver is more bi- or tri-cultural. white, chinese and east indians....... also, very little illegal immigration in canada.

if you didn't know, Don Cherry is massive celebrity in Canada. somewhat like John Madden in personality although Don = 10X more famous in canada and never really heard Madden get political

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

Never heard of ya, Pal.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I love his suites

He'll be ok because, frankly, the people immigrating to Canada don't watch hockey.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I love his suites

He'll be ok because, frankly, the people immigrating to Canada don't watch hockey.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...ster-1.4081174

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

He’s upset the conservatives lost.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post

https://www.si.com/nhl/2019/11/10/don-cherry-rant-immigrants-remembrance-day-sportsnet-apology

canadian and american immigration is quite different...... someone summarized to me as "america is a melting pot, canada is a mosaic". far more people live much more like they did back home whereas america i think people assimilate much more quickly........l
    I find it difficult to believe that United States immigrants assimilate more quickly, but I don't know anything about the immigrant culture in Canada....

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    I find it difficult to believe that United States immigrants assimilate more quickly, but I don't know anything about the immigrant culture in Canada....
    It's the same in Canada

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I love his suites

​suites or suits??

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Haha

Maybe I used the French spelling...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

the truth hurts....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

Looks like he got canned..what a crazy world we live in wow

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...grant-comments

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9035

Stick to sports?

gojetsgomoxies

i'm almost certain that legal immigrants and/or non-hispanic immigrants to USA assimilate much more quickly than immigrants in canada.

canada has huge concentrated areas of many different types of immigrants (each with own area to large degree).... USA you're probably living amongst whites much more.................. plus canada lets you live a dual life with your other country much more easily than the USA does

gojetsgomoxies

if you don't know, don has made inflammatory comments about europeans and french canadians for years..... i did think if he ever takes on other races and/or multi-culturalism, that will be it for him and it is.

one thing that bugs me about Don is he can't judge situations without first knowing who was the english canadian small town hockey player and which was the european player. his answer will be different depending. he doesn't judge the facts.

gojetsgomoxies

i do see studies with faster assimiliation in canada..... certainly, that's not the historical view but that may be outdated.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

Canadians and Americans are total pussies when it comes to giving in to political correctness.

Its your achilles heel
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RockBottom, and JAKEPEAVY21

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by retard View Post
    He’s upset the conservatives lost.
    How the hell did black face Trudeau get voted in again.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    if you don't know, don has made inflammatory comments about europeans and french canadians for years..... i did think if he ever takes on other races and/or multi-culturalism, that will be it for him and it is.

one thing that bugs me about Don is he can't judge situations without first knowing who was the english canadian small town hockey player and which was the european player. his answer will be different depending. he doesn't judge the facts.
    Why was it okay to bash white Europeans for decades,but as soon as he calls out migrants for not wearing poppies gets canned.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

I just don't see it. A guy that loves his country. For starters, I don't live in Canada and he mentions Mississauga, which is basically Toronto, the biggest Canadian city which has by what I can gather, become younger. That's how I take it is one generation talking to another. Heck I think he's had more problems speaking about the French/English war up there than this. And his sidekick Ron MacLean is no dummy. He already had been demoted then rehired by the CBC/Sportsnet arm back in 2016. He could have said SOMETHING like, hey Don, really? Instead he gave the thumbs up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44QlwurFbQ

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I went to twitter to see what he has to say about this but the last thing he talked about on there was a little Yorkie named Muffin

Let's get this straight:

Don Cherry wants new immigrants to display some patriotism - Outrageous and has to step down

Trudeau wore blackface - Re-elected

Last edited by dlowilly; 11-12-19 at 11:50 AM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    How the hell did black face Trudeau get voted in again.
    Because when dealing with progressives, standards and rules are relative.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

^ Yup

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I went to twitter to see what he has to say about this but the last thing he talked about on there was a little Yorkie named Muffin

Let's get this straight:

Don Cherry wants new immigrants to display some patriotism - Outrageous and has to step down

Trudeau wore blackface - Re-elected

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/don-cherr...-him-1.4682055

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

Don Cherry is live on Tucker Carlson right now

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Whites arent allowed to have agency over the countries they created anymore. Globalism is forcing a replacement of whites with 3rd world mudskins

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Because when dealing with progressives, standards and rules are relative.
    True enough.