Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody an Insurance Salesmen here? if so I have questions

I’m an above average salesmen believe it or not

Okay so somebody point me in the right direction

Should I get a Life and Health insurance license if I want to sell insurance?

or what do you guys recommend?

Should I get a job selling it over the phone or meet with people in person?

I don’t have my license yet but I see there is an online course I can take

I just want to make sure I get the best license that will give me the fastest track to making money

I’ve been looking for a new job on indeed but I’m not liking what I am seeing

I figure maybe if I sold something that requires a license...

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

What exactly you do now for money ?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

High end Life insurance Sales are the most profitable but you need to be a connected closer

You make essentially the first years premium as commission.......instant cash-big numbers ----Quoted a guy for a 100K a year policy and got beat out by small dollars-----biggest i've ever quoted but those individuals don't pop up everyday....normal sales are average joe buying a term policy....still can make some $ and the quoting is getting easier by the day

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    What exactly you do now for money ?
    I used to sell security systems

and then I recently quit bc I kept failing my real estate class

well I finally passed my real estate class exam. Now I have to pass the state exam.

and then once I pass the state exam I have to affiliate with a firm to start selling real estate

that is a goal of mine to be a successful realtor. However I know it can take time to get listings and then ultimately get commission checks

so what I need now is a stop gap or bridge until I get to that point. I need income soon

so right now I’m just trying to figure out how can I make some money asap

I’m thinking about Uber but I am reluctant, I don’t want to be a server

so I’m thinking I can study real hard get my insurance license and hit the ground running

I feel like if I’m talking to someone who is genuinely interested in hearing about what I’m selling I can sell it

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    High end Life insurance Sales are the most profitable but you need to be a connected closer

You make essentially the first years premium as commission.......instant cash-big numbers ----Quoted a guy for a 100K a year policy and got beat out by small dollars-----biggest i've ever quoted but those individuals don't pop up everyday....normal sales are average joe buying a term policy....still can make some $ and the quoting is getting easier by the day
    thanks I think I’ll sign up tonight

I have adderall now so I can actually study and retain information

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

It depends on what you want to sell. If you know a lot of ceo's and decision makers for 100+ companies, then sell group health benefits. Those are going to pay you residual commissions for as long as you keep them. You'll need your life and health license to do that.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave 7deuceoff$uit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    It depends on what you want to sell. If you know a lot of ceo's and decision makers for 100+ companies, then sell group health benefits. Those are going to pay you residual commissions for as long as you keep them. You'll need your life and health license to do that.
    haha nah I’m not well connected but that does sound dope though.

I’m thinking more like a sweet old lady calls me on the phone and I set her up with something

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Lol..Big Bear you must have lot of money. You spend lot of time on site! You big time...you make parents proud!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I used to sell security systems

and then I recently quit bc I kept failing my real estate class

well I finally passed my real estate class exam. Now I have to pass the state exam.

and then once I pass the state exam I have to affiliate with a firm to start selling real estate

that is a goal of mine to be a successful realtor. However I know it can take time to get listings and then ultimately get commission checks

so what I need now is a stop gap or bridge until I get to that point. I need income soon

so right now I’m just trying to figure out how can I make some money asap

I’m thinking about Uber but I am reluctant, I don’t want to be a server

so I’m thinking I can study real hard get my insurance license and hit the ground running

I feel like if I’m talking to someone who is genuinely interested in hearing about what I’m selling I can sell it
    You failed a real estate test. Jesus Christ! I know you are dumb but this puts you in short bus classification. Anyone with a pulse and $400 can get RE license.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Lol..Big Bear you must have lot of money. You spend lot of time on site! You big time...you make parents proud!
    His dad walked out due to sheer embarrassment. JJ is bear’s male role model.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    His dad walked out due to sheer embarrassment. JJ is bear’s male role model.
    get some new material pal

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

Residual commission is why you want to sell life insurance

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

Big Bear, I think you should be an Uber driver if you want quick cash

It'll be a pain in the ass to get your license
    Then, you gotta get hired
    Then, you gotta get customers
    That is a process that does get you quick money and it's not easy

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I thought about Uber but thing is I hate driving lol and my car is nice its a bmw but I’ve been lucky and haven’t had any problems with it. I don’t want to over use it and end up with costly repairs, it’s got over 100,000 miles plus I don’t want to get murdered

I found an online class for $99 for health/life insurance

I have a buddy who I used to work with who sent me a text awhile back saying he just started selling medicaid products mainly to old people over the phone, he said in a 3 month span he made almost 30 grand

I am good at selling when I can get a person to tell me why they want something etc so I can customize my pitch to fit their needs

my last sales role was outbound cold call dialing to small business owners and I had a hard time getting the right person on the phone and then I was constantly getting hung up on and nobody would give me the time of day

that kind of sale I never could figure out

I’ve been told in sales you must be a problem finder before you can be a problem solver

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

You can make decent cash but it is hard in the beginning. Most agents that fail just cannot make it in the beginning . But once you start getting sales and Medicare Supplements are residual and referrals start coming in more you can make a good amount without having to do anything except service the policies when you need to.

The perks are nice i just unofficially got the SF trip. I through the years have been to Barbados , Aruba , Paris , and a cruise in the Caribbean for a week. Also one for Dom Rep but they cancelled that and gave us cash instead so we used that to go to buy Hawaii tickets. There are also nice bonuses they do that really any basic normal job would never do . Gas cards , gifts , and cash bonuses for sales on top of regular commissions.

But these do not come quick you have to build up your clients for a few years.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave captrobey 26 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

To answer your question, a resident license is required in the State you reside in to sell Life or Health Ins. If you live close to other States, and want to do business in those states you will need a non-resident license in each of those States. Find an agency that will bring you on board to sell Medicare Advantage plans or Medicare Supplements. Preferably Medicare Advantage. Become a broker so you can represent all the big boys like UHC, Humana, Aetna, Cigna, BCBS, also some of your reginal companies etc. Being a captive agent would tie you to one company. Not good. Up front commissions and residual income can be enormous..Ask me i will tell you more..Medicare Advantage is the way to go..

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yes, final expense $%%

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Selling things to people for commission is stressful. Also you have to lie and device people

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Selling things to people for commission is stressful. Also you have to lie and device people
    Most people in my circle of life & from personal experience are FULL OF SHIT on or off the job. Might as well use it for some CAPITAL GAIN.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Only liars lie to prospective clients. That's one reason so many people fail in sales. 20% of Salespeople make 80% of the money. Those people don't lie, they build there customer base through credibility, trustworthyness and good service. That is what will earn you fantastic sums of residual income.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

I have never lied to a single client in all my years doing this. But yes there are some really unethical people out there. I actually had one time where believe it or not a person went to an appointment posing as me . But i get a lot of referrals because i am honest plus i am always accessible to my clients after the sale. I am kind of anal about that . If i get left a message i always get back the same day. My office knows if someone tries to blame me for something because i never got back to them they automatically know that person is lying and full of shit. And i also agree with Hockey 100% be a broker that is what i am . I always have several prices i give them of different companies.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Only liars lie to prospective clients. That's one reason so many people fail in sales. 20% of Salespeople make 80% of the money. Those people don't lie, they build there customer base through credibility, trustworthyness and good service. That is what will earn you fantastic sums of residual income.
    this