b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

California planned power outages starting at midnight

Any posters in the affected areas?

PG&E stated the planned blackouts are for public safety due to high winds that could spark wildfires. The blackouts could last for up to 5 days and will affect up to 800,000 people. It's very strange that little warning or notice was given to the residents of the affected counties.

PG&E’s shut-offs are intended to prevent the company’s equipment from starting the kind of wildfires it was responsible for in October 2017, when power lines started a series of fires in the North Bay, and last year, when they ignited the historically deadly and destructive Camp Fire in Butte County.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/californ...s-14500945.php

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

go start fires in pelosi's and schiff's neighborhoods, please.....

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Gonna be close. Live in the South Bay on the border of the blackout map, so guess we’ll see

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

as if ppl need more reasons to avoid California

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Shutting down grids lol you can't make this sh#$ up

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

At least 186,000 PG&E customers are currently without power in the North Bay as the utility company starts its Public Safety Power Shutoffs across several regions of the San Francisco Bay Area early this morning.

As of 4 a.m., the shutdowns have left 185,000 PG&E customers without power in Marin, Napa, Solano and Sonoma counties.

PG&E confirmed that they had begun phase one of the outages that could impact approximately 513,000 customers.

PG&E says they will initiate a second de-energizing phase on Wednesday between noon and 5 p.m. to another 300,000 customers, including Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz counties.

A third phase is being considered for the southernmost portions of PG&E's service area, impacting approximately 42,000 customers. Specific locations are still to be determined.

https://abc7news.com/weather/live-186000-without-power-in-north-bay-as-pg-e-begins-outages/5604876/

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Shutting down grids lol you can't make this sh#$ up
    all because of so cal edison's lack of forethought when they put up power lines that would come into contact with each other during strong winds, causing arcing....

when I lived in new port beach in the 90's, we won cases for allstate and a few other ins. cos against edison to recoup losses paid to insureds whose properties were torched as a result of fires caused by the arcing of power lines during santa ana winds.... some big ass verdicts, on the theory of inverse condemnation.....

you think they'd have figured something out over the past 30 years......

Auto Donk

wrong thread, dammit

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Random power outages
    Homeless $#!TTING in the streets
    Roving gangs of thugs
    Typhus & plague everywhere
    Water shortages

Aren't these why all the illegals and refugees are LEAVING their $#!THOLE countries to come here in the first place?!?!?

Way to go Liberal Left - job well done.....

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

I called PG&E and told them not to shut off my power because I had to play SBR poker last night. They were nice enough to oblige.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    I called PG&E and told them not to shut off my power because I had to play SBR poker last night. They were nice enough to oblige.
    gives me an idea. later today I will call my local power company and request that they kill my power, so that I don't have to take another "kick in the nuts" bad beat playing sbr poker tonight.....

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post

It's a good thing they had enough operators answering the phone the take your vital request.
    Their website crashed yesterday due to the high traffic.

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

It's a good thing they had enough operators answering the phone the take your vital request.
    Their website crashed yesterday due to the high traffic.
    I call via the red phone. VIP treatment.

The Kraken

I went out and bought 50 gallons of water, heaters, fans, generators, 2 years of dried food

And then I find out we have Silicon valley Power
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168, and bigtymer56

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Welcome to Trump's America.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MaltedHopsFrenzy

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    FAIL.....

I believe it's Governor Newsom offering "Sanctuary" and free medical insurance to all the illegals - meanwhile, how can the hospitals provide all this free $#!T when they can't keep the power on?
    Go see post #9 & get back to me......

"Trump's America"......
    GTFOH!!!!!!

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Isn't California over due for a massive earthquake? California is the evironmental equivilent of Florida
    when it comes to Freak show events. How do they build all over a dry fire prone environment with out
    taking measures to prevent environmental disasters? It will be sad but I think it is time to let these
    freaks leave the U.S. and become their own country. They have made a nice place into a total shithole.
    Let them go now before Mother nature teaches them a lesson that they will blame on global warming.

The Kraken

Exactly

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Let them go now before Mother nature teaches them a lesson that they will blame on global warming.
    Yeah, that's kind of become the go-to reasoning, hasn't it?

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

They got sued big time for the wildfires in '18 and are now exercising extreme caution that it won't happen again. That's another word for payback.

MaltedHopsFrenzy

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    They got sued big time for the wildfires in '18 and are now exercising extreme caution that it won't happen again. That's another word for payback.
    Exactly.
    But, if the Libtards who run this state would use my and every other hard working tax paying citizens tax money for preventative maintenance at these power stations instead of giving it all to illegals for health care and welfare rats draining the system - WE WOULDN’T BE IN THIS FU##ING SITUATION, NOW WOULD WE!!!!!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Points Awarded:

MaltedHopsFrenzy gave DwightShrute 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

California didn’t ban plastic straws.

Also the opiated addicted homeless people that created that camp likely came from a rust belt state that voted for Trump. Haven’t met one homeless person here that wasn’t imported from some cold shithole flyover state.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Also the opiated addicted homeless people that created that camp likely came from a rust belt state that voted for Trump. Haven’t met one homeless person here that wasn’t imported from some cold shithole flyover state.
    California just became the first US state to go strawless: banning the sippers at sit-down eateries in the state, starting in 2019. On Thursday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law Assembly Bill 1884, a rule that "prohibits dine-in restaurants from automatically providing plastic straws" to customers.Sep 21, 2018

Also, how many homeless people are you meeting on a regular basis?

MaltedHopsFrenzy

Are you FU##ING kidding me?!?!?
    I LIVE here! Libtard run state for the past decades, and getting worse by the minute. Plastic bags, plastic straws, FREE $#!T for everyone who doesn't pay taxes - what the FU## do you think is going to happen?

THE MILLION/BILLIONAIRES in the media are afraid to say what REALLY needs to happen, because that means you aren't "woke" or you think "Orange Man Good" - So, homeless, piles of S#!T, Illegals, gangbangers, etc., just keep piling up. I only hope I (as a hard working tax payer) can hold on enough to retire, sell my house to some sucker, before my once beloved Cali falls into the Pacific.....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    California just became the first US state to go strawless: banning the sippers at sit-down eateries in the state, starting in 2019. On Thursday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law Assembly Bill 1884, a rule that "prohibits dine-in restaurants from automatically providing plastic straws" to customers.Sep 21, 2018

Also, how many homeless people are you meeting on a regular basis?
    That's not a ban. Poorly worded. I can get a straw if I want just about anywhere.

I meet a few - maybe 2-3 every month. I do some volunteer work. Last guy was from Florida. Almost none of them from CA. All addicted to opiates or booze or meth.

franklee168

I guess I should stop talking shit since the mountain I live on caught on fire today. Near freakin power wires too. Lucky I still have electricity.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Frankie this is for you pal

Points Awarded:

franklee168 gave gauchojake 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    Random power outages
    Homeless $#!TTING in the streets
    Roving gangs of thugs
    Typhus & plague everywhere
    Water shortages

Aren't these why all the illegals and refugees are LEAVING their $#!THOLE countries to come here in the first place?!?!?

Way to go Liberal Left - job well done.....
    And yet, try to buy a house in San Francisco. Demand and prices through the roof.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Hard to even digest all of this.

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    And yet, try to buy a house in San Francisco. Demand and prices through the roof.
    Prices are dropping. 1.5 mill for a 1100 sf house that needs 400k worth of work.

The Kraken

I get plastic straws every day to drink whatever out of a plastic cup, and then when Im done I dont recycle and I go buy a fiji water bottle, dump the water out and chuck it in the ocean

Because thats my right

Murica bitches

MaltedHopsFrenzy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    https://www.southstarcommunities.com...ound-for-texas

Yep - that's why corporations are leaving California in record numbers. Would you want to pay $1.5 million for a $#!TBOX condo, then need to dodge homeless camps, dirty syringes, and a $#!T-APP on your phone to get to work?
    It's hard watching all these hard-working taxpayers in Ventura & Riverside counties losing their homes to these wildfires - hopefully they have good insurance, because God knows they won't be able to count on our broke-A$$ Libtard run state government to help them out. Maybe if they were illegal, unemployed, or (ironically) homeless.....

MaltedHopsFrenzy

Man! God must really hate Porter Ranch! I remember in the early 2000's seeing the ads for "affordable suburban living in the L.A. area" when they were first developing it. Then the gas leaks in 2015 that made everyone sick and forced evacuations for a couple of years until they could get that shut down - now mandatory evacuations for the ENTIRE city because of the fires?!?!!!

WTF?

I don't know anyone who lives there, but I'll be praying for everybody there today. Watching the local news to see how & where to donate, too.....

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

how could somebody working at mcdonalds afford to live in san fran

12 Last