b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29691

Now the 48 other states (already present in Delaware) need to pass/repeal similar legislation. Having these secrecy laws on the books only shields police from public scrutiny and denies the transparency that police departments continue to claim already exists, when in fact it doesn't.

New York passes bill to unveil police discipline records

LBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York state lawmakers repealed a decades-old law Tuesday that has kept law enforcement officers’ disciplinary records secret, spurred by the national uproar over the death of George Floyd.

The measure to make officers’ records and misconduct complaints public is among several police accountability bills racing through the state legislature. Lawmakers passed other bills that would provide all state troopers with body cameras and ensure that police officers provide medical and mental health attention to people in custody.

Many of those bills were first proposed years ago, but got new momentum after huge protests nationwide condemned police brutality.

Eliminating the law, known as Section 50-a, would make complaints against officers, as well as transcripts and final dispositions of disciplinary proceedings, public for the first time in decades.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has recently supported reforming the law, has said in the wake of the protests that he will sign the repeal.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/N...571130681.html

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

is this the proper thread to inform that, for a few months or longer, a young woman near 30 and ugly, Italian looking a blue-line-gang-enforcer been jogging past my house
    we mostly ignore each other until yesterday she waved at me as I was riding the bike up a hill near my home, I was quick enough to pull the clutch lever in and gave her the full finger with throttle hand while wearing leather gloves, in response

she did not jog by today

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Of course this is the right place.
    I think you may have scared her off.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Just another "bad apple" wearing a costume and badge violating a man's rights and operating outside of the law that he took an oath to uphold.

Springfield Police Officer arrested for official misconduct and battery

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Sp...571137021.html

Locals react to arrest of Springfield Police Officer

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Lo...571153421.html

PittsburghPlayer

would you believe that wench walked by my home within an hour of posting that? I could see the cop, afraid, looking out of the corner of her eye from the other side of the street.

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Of course this is the right place.
    I think you may have scared her off.

PittsburghPlayer

and 10 minutes after posting that, male wop cop was at my door
    ended as it often has, by asshole cop telling me to have a good day, me responding by telling him to - fukkoff

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Another "bad apple?" Looks like two, actually.
    One pig doing the beating and another pig getting off on watching.
    The LAPD initially labeled this as "a minimal use of force" incident.
    The citizen's video and police bodycam footage speaks for itself.

LAPD officer charged with assault in videotaped beating of homeless man

A Los Angeles police officer has been charged with assault in connection with a video that shows him repeatedly punching an unarmed homeless man in Boyle Heights, authorities said Tuesday.

Frank Hernandez, who has been with the LAPD for more than 20 years, was charged with one count of assault under color of authority in connection with the April 27 incident.

“This is a disturbing case of the illegal use of force at the hands of a police officer,” Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. Jackie Lacey said in a statement. “In this case, we believe the force was neither legally necessary nor reasonable.”

Hernandez and his partner were responding to a trespassing call in the 2400 block of Houston Street when they confronted a homeless man who had set up a tent in a lot adjacent to a local church. Cell phone video of the incident shows the officer throwing more than a dozen punches at the man’s head and body. The man does not appear to be armed or resisting, at one point stumbling away from Hernandez.

Although the incident did not meet the standards requiring the LAPD to release video, Chief Michel Moore ordered body-worn camera footage from the scene to be released in mid-May after the cellphone video surfaced and sparked outrage.

Hernandez was arrested Tuesday afternoon and released on his own recognizance in less than an hour, according to booking records. He is scheduled to appear in a downtown courtroom Thursday, prosecutors said.

The victim, described by attorneys and activists as an area homeless man who was known in the neighborhood, suffered abrasions but did not require hospitalization. Hernandez was assigned to home once the video became public. Moore called the incident disturbing.

Hernandez has been involved in three on-duty shootings over the course of his career, including the 2010 killing of a Guatemalan day laborer, which sparked days of violent protests in the Westlake area.

A call to Hernandez’s attorney seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Carlos Montes, a member and organizer with Centro CSO: Community Service Organization in Boyle Heights, said,
    “I’m glad that he’s charged, but I hope that he’s found guilty, though. I’m always a little leery of the trial process.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...d-with-assault

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Several Chicago police officers were captured on video relaxing, making popcorn, and in one case napping, in longtime Congressman Bobby Rush’s burglarized office while nearby businesses were looted.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

This is what happens when cops are responsible for their own legal representation...they resign. These cops resigned from the ERT in Buffalo, but did not quit the department. Their union notified them that they were not going to be responsible for footing the bill for legal representation should anything further happen. Their corrupt union then put their own false narrative out to the media concerning the story and said that the cops resigned from the ERT in solidarity with the two officers who were suspended without pay for their actions. What a joke.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...ended-officers

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

More pignorance from a dolt wearing a costume and badge saying, "I'm not wrong. I know the law." Nothing less factual has ever been said. Then he asks a man who is on foot (not driving) for his license and registration. Dumb-ass. The pig then continues to further escalate the situation spewing more lies and attempting to bully the man filming. This tyrant is out policing with his ego and earning the hate. Here's what was posted on the Revere police department's facebook page upon seeing the video below:

"The Revere Police Department has been made aware of a video during an exchange with a Revere police officer on a motor vehicle stop. Thank you to the individual who sent us this video, as this is exactly what we want our community to do. If you see something that appears wrong or out of the ordinary in Revere, let us know. We are conducting a thorough review of the entire incident. Officers are required to give their name and badge number to a citizen, as it is a lawful request. There is no expectation of privacy when filming in a public place. The Chief will be issuing a directive to remind the entire department of these issues. If anyone has any further questions please contact our Executive Officer Captain Dennis Collyer at 781 284 1212 60034"

"Old man, no stripes. No wonder why."

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

In 4 Years in 1 State, 100’s of Cops Charged with Felonies, Like Raping Kids — 0 Have Gone to Jail

A review of law enforcement licenses in the state of Texas has found that hundreds of officers were forced to surrender their licenses to avoid or limit prosecution in the past four years — most of which were felonies.

A KXAN investigation found that an overwhelming majority of the cases where officers were forced to surrender their license, their badges were used as a bargaining tool to avoid prosecution for serious crimes.

KXAN reviewed 297 cases where officers were forced to surrender their badges in Texas between 2015 and 2018 and in almost every case, the police officer was able to avoid serious charges by agreeing to give up their careers in law enforcement. More than half of these charges were felonies and many of them involved violent crimes that were committed both on and off-duty.

The in-depth investigation was the result of over 100 public information act requests which were filed at all levels of local and state governments. Most of the officers who surrendered their licenses received very little jail time or none at all. Some of the officers were involved in very serious crimes, including sexual assault of children and women in custody, lying about police shootings, and tampering with evidence. Domestic violence is another common charge that police officers use their positions to avoid.

Kali Cohn, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, said that this arrangement is evidence that police are above the law.

“What it appears is that police officers are being treated differently than a person who would be charged with the same crime that is not an officer. When we see they are treated better than the average citizen, when we see they are treated differently, when we see that they are given preference, that makes the law enforcement office less legitimate in the public eye and starts chipping away at the credibility of the rule of law in our society,” Cohn told KXAN.

These accusations have been denied by police officials, who claim that they are actually held to a higher standard than the average person. However, anyone who reads TFTP on a regular basis knows that this is not true. Cops are frequently held to much lower standards and rarely go to jail for even the most heinous of crimes.

This is not a problem that is isolated to Texas either, a 2015 study compared police license surrenders across all US states and found that Texas had the fourth-highest number of license decertifications that year.

The study, conducted by the International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training, found that Texas was surpassed by Oregon, Florida, and Georgia. Georgia had the most decertifications that year, with 562 officers being forced to turn in their license, many to avoid prosecution from crimes.

Roger Goldman, a professor emeritus at Saint Louis University School of Law, says that prosecutors have an incentive to cut deals with officers because they know that cops are rarely found guilty when they face a jury.

“We can get this fellow to voluntary surrender, which is permanent and forever — he’ll never be back on the force.’ Or, ‘Do we roll the dice, go before a jury?’ And, again, juries don’t like to convict police, he’ll be back on the force,” Goldman explained.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/in...-gone-to-jail/

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

This low IQ pig is about as dumb as they come.
    Policing with his ego, feelings and opinions.
    None of which are applicable to the situation he's trying so hard to escalate.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This low IQ pig is about as dumb as they come.
    Policing with his ego, feelings and opinions.
    None of which are applicable to the situation he's trying so hard to escalate.

He was clearly a douche but that pretty common for police. Honestly I’m shocked how smoothly it went, there no doubt at the least he would have demanded my id and most likely had me on ground in cuffs.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He was clearly a douche but that pretty common for police. Honestly I’m shocked how smoothly it went, there no doubt at the least he would have demanded my id and most likely had me on ground in cuffs.
    This cop, like most, aren't hired for their brains or skills of logical thinking. The departments are looking for individuals who will just follow orders and generate revenue.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Hero Cop Stops Fellow Cop from Choking Handcuffed Man, So She was Beaten and Fired

Buffalo , NY — While killer cops get sent on paid vacations for the most heinous of acts, like the murder of Breonna Taylor, it is hard to imagine what it takes to get fired immediately. As TFTP has reported over the years, however, it turns out, the answer to getting fired is often times, simply being a good cop.

Former Buffalo Police Officer, Cariol Horne has been fighting for her pension since she was fired after 19 years on the force, over an incident in 2006 when she stopped a fellow officer from choking a handcuffed suspect. For her heroic actions, instead getting rewarded and allowed to retire, Horne was beaten and fired.

Since that day, despite not receiving her pension, Horne has dedicated much of her life to fighting police brutality.

A new law requiring cops to intervene when they see excessive force may soon get Horne justice after all these years.

“The police department didn’t believe her story, and they punished her severely,” Brenda McDuffie, president and CEO of the Buffalo Urban League, told City & State. “She lost her livelihood. I mean, which one of us who has any humanity, seeing someone choked to death, just like those officers (in Minneapolis) who should have said, ‘Get off his neck.’ … Excessive force is something that we’re finally dealing with as a nation. But we had a woman in our community who stood up and she has suffered greatly.”

As City and State reports, on Tuesday, the Buffalo Common Council approved three resolutions in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the recent protests against police brutality. One of the resolutions will enforce the city’s “duty to intervene” policy, which mandates that officers intervene if they see another officer using excessive force. The council will also create a task force to review police policies, and the third resolution will ask the state attorney general’s office to determine how many days Horne would need to work to regain her pension.

For those who recall, last week, Horne’s former department shocked the world when they were seen shoving an elderly man to the concrete, putting him in ICU.

Horne’s nightmare with the Buffalo PD started in 2006 after she received a call that Officer Gregory Kwiatkowski was at the scene of a domestic dispute and in need of assistance. When she arrived, she witnessed Kwiatkowski violently punching the handcuffed suspect in the face.

Horne and other officers on the scene removed the suspect from the house, but once outside Kwiatkowski pounced again, this time choking the handcuffed man. Believing Kwiatkowski to be out of out of control, Horne removed his arm from around the man’s neck.

“Gregory Kwiatkowski turned Neal Mack around and started choking him. So then I’m like, ‘Greg! You’re choking him,’ because I thought whatever happened in the house he was still upset about so when he didn’t stop choking him I just grabbed his arm from around Neal Mack’s neck,” Horne told WKBW.

Infuriated that she had crossed the thin blue line, Kwaitkowski then punched Horne in the face. The punch so was hard that Horne ended up having to have her bridge replaced. She was then injured again as officers dragged her away from trying to defend herself.

Here is where things get crazy.

The good cop, who was trying to stop abuse by her peer, was fired for “jumping on Officer Kwaitkowski’s back and/or striking him with her hands,” something that Kwaitkowski himself denied ever happening in a sworn statement.

The bad cop, who was choking a man and then punched his female co-worker in the face, kept his job. It wasn’t until he choked another officer at a district station house that he was forced to retire. He was already under investigation for punching another officer while he was off-duty at a local bar.

In May of 2014, Kwiatkowski and two other officers were indicted for civil rights violations against four black teenagers, just days before the statute of limitations was due to expire. One of the teens was also the son of a Buffalo police officer. He was convicted in 2018 and sentenced to 4 months in prison. Unlike Horne, however, Kwiatkowski is still receiving his pension.

Kwaitkowski testified during the trial that his fellow officers then shot at a handcuffed teenager with the teen’s own BB gun, after the boy was already handcuffed and in the back seat of their police vehicle.

Imagine if just one of the officers who stood around watching Eric Garner’s or George Floyd’s lives being taken had the courage Horne had.

Unfortunately, they would probably be in the same situation she is.

In almost every single video of police brutality we see, there are other officers present and allowing it to happen. Sadly, with departments across the nation upholding their reputation of vilifying anyone who dares to cross the thin blue line, it’s no wonder there is such a shortage of police willing to speak out against the atrocities we have been witnessing.

While many police may choose this line of work because they want to be “heroic,” Horne is a true hero- and she does not regret her actions. Nobody ever said being a hero is easy.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/he...-beaten-fired/

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Animal Control Officer Calls Cops on Man Recording her; Cops Show up, Tackle him

The Arizona animal control officer has been suspended after calling police on a man who was recording her in public.

Dolores Luberto probably was a cop at one point in her life. If not, then she missed her calling because the animal control officer has extreme control issues believing she has the authority to stop people from recording her in public.

Not even the cops have that right but that didn't stop Bisbee police from responding to Luberto's whine for help about a man "interfering" with her work by recording her from at least 15 feet away. Three of them showed up and tackled the videographer without even assessing the situation.

Like many control freaks with badges, Luberto began by "asking" the man to stop recording her even though it is implied as a demand with consequences if the request is not honored.

Luberto even came charging towards him, bitching about how he needs to remain at least six feet away from her, confusing social distancing guidelines for whatever law she believes entitles her to an expectation of privacy in public.

But now Luberto has been suspended with pay so hopefully her understanding of the First Amendment is a little clearer.

The man with the camera has been identified as "Owen" by the Herald-Tribune. He posted the video to the Bisbee News Network YouTube channel.

The incident took place Wednesday when a woman called animal control about a skunk in the area. When Luberto responded, Owen began recording from a very respectable distance. But Luberto proved to be unable to do her job.

According to the Herald-Review:

Two videos — one taken by Bisbee News Network and another shot by the woman who called animal control about the critter — show Bisbee Animal Control Officer Dolores Luberto ordering the videographer to leave the area, even though he is filming in a public place. Luberto then begins advancing toward the videographer in an attempt to get him to leave, the video shows.

Luberto then turns to her shoulder radio and calls for backup, saying that she has an individual who is "interfering with my investigation...".

Minutes later a Bisbee Police Department sport utility vehicle with its siren and lights activated appears in the video and two officers jump out and run toward the videographer. They take him down and handcuff him. All told, three policemen surround the man as he sits on the ground, the video shows.

Bisbee Mayor David Smith, a former Tucson police officer, said he was dismayed by videos of the ordeal.

'The animal control officer is on paid administrative leave," Smith told the Herald/Review on Friday. "The whole incident is being investigated.'

'I can't defend any of what I saw,' Smith added, referring to the videos of Luberto and the three Bisbee officers. 'Any time there's an incident that reflects poorly on the police, is a sad state of affairs, whether it's provoked or not.'

Smith indicated that when Luberto called for backup, she did not answer her radio when officers called her to determine what was going on at Vista Park.

(City Manager Theresa) Coleman confirmed that Luberto is on paid administrative leave, but said the three officers involved in the videographer's arrest are still on the job and are not being investigated.

When asked why the policemen's actions are not under investigation, Coleman paused before responding.

'Well that's an interesting question,' she said. 'I don't know why they're not under investigation. I'll have to ask Chief Long on Monday.'"

The answer to the above question is very simple. The cops have Blue Privilege. The animal control worker only imagined she has Blue Privilege.

It should have been evident when the cops arrived that Luberto was safe from the man who was just standing there recording, but that did not stop them from rushing and tackling him.

But the cops have not been disciplined.

The woman who called about the skunk began recording the cops arresting Owen which prompted Luberto to order her to stop recording. She even started walking towards the woman but one of the cops held her back, probably the smartest thing anybody with a badge did that day.

Owen told the Herald-Review that he was taken to the station and released two hours later with no charges.

Luberto began her job as animal control officer in January 2019. She also once ran a security company in Connecticut.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-o...TEu3iFk1qsEMSA

See the video from both recordings in the link above.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Not Just Brutality—Cops Still Being Arrested for Trafficking, Raping, Exploiting Children

Over the past few weeks, there has been no shortage of police officers getting caught on camera savagely abusing peaceful protesters. While a handful of the perpetrators were actually arrested, the overwhelming majority of offending officers were not. In the background, however, as protest headlines garner most of the attention, police officers are continuing to get arrested for sex abuse against children.

In the last week alone, there have been nearly a half dozen cops arrested for sex crimes against children.

One of those cops was Collier County deputy Rashaad A. Smith, 41, who was fired after his arrest Saturday night where he was hit with a whopping 100 counts of possession of child pornography.

According to WINK, Smith was arrested at his home late Saturday after a search warrant was served and evidence was seized. The CCSO arrest report states that the agency received “three cybertips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children from Microsoft about the transmission of child pornography on Skype.”

“The justice system will determine the outcome of this case but due to the heinous nature of these allegations, I ordered the immediate withdrawal of this person’s appointment as a member of the Collier County Sheriff’s Office,” Sheriff Kevin Rambosk said in a statement. “I know and appreciate that our community expects that when a deputy is charged with crimes like these, they are immediately fired from their position of authority and they do not continue to receive compensation from our tax dollars.”

Officer Nicholas Schafer, 36, with the Kansas City, Kansas, Police Department was also arrested in the last week for sex crimes against a child. Schafer was booked into Wyandotte County Jail last week and is being held on a $250,000 bond on charges of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.

After his arrest, Kansas City, Kansas, Police Chief Michael York released the following canned statement, claiming that their employees are held to the “highest standards.” Sure they are…

“The officer has been placed on un-paid administrative leave. As Chief of Police, I hold myself and my employees to the highest standards. All complaints against members of our Department are investigated thoroughly. Complaints about police conduct can be made by calling the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department at 911 or 913-596-3000; or directly to the Internal Affairs Hotline at 913-573-6373.”

Before both of these two officers were arrested for preying on children, last Tuesday, Fontana Police officer Nicholas Stark, 28, was arrested for allegedly drugging and raping a child. Unlike the other two officers, Stark is on paid leave thanks to ridiculous police union rules.

Fontana Police Chief William Green said he is unable to fire Stark immediately due to California laws, and Stark is on paid leave.

“He is on paid leave and that is disgusting,” Green said in a statement. “However, I will endeavor to terminate him in the most expeditious manner possible.”

Another cop in Pinellas County was also arrested for sex crimes last week. Though his crimes were not against children, we figured we should mention him because he used his authority as a cop to prey on his victims.

Rutherford Jean, age 29 of West Palm Beach, Florida was arrested June 11, 2020 at approximately 11:45 a.m. for two counts of sexual battery, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. He is accused of raping women in exchange for leniency — a crime by police that happens all too often.

Sadly these crimes against children show no signs of slowing as sexual misconduct among police officers is an unfortunately common crime. Multiple studies have shown that hundreds of cops a year are arrested or accused of sexual misconduct. In fact, the second largest complaint against officers — second only to excessive force — is that of sexual abuse. More startling — as the above cases illustrate — is the fact that over half of the sexual abuse instances involve children.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/no...ting-children/

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

"If you file a complaint against the police, we'll arrest you."

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

WATCH: Cop Charged with Felony after Caught on Video Striking Man with Car

The Missouri cop is claiming it was all an accident.

A Missouri cop was arrested earlier today after he was caught on video striking a man with his car before beating, kicking and eventually arresting him.

Florissant Police Detective Joshua Smith has been charged with felony assault, misdemeanor assault and armed criminal action on June 2. The man he struck was innocent, just another black man matching the description. In this case, the cops said the vehicle they were pursuing matched the description of one involved in a shooting in Ferguson.

However, no guns were found in the car and no other evidence was found linking them to the shooting.

"I believe what this detective did was simply an accident, said his attorney, Scott Rosenblum, according to KMOV 4.

And that excuse may have worked had it not been caught on camera which left prosecutors no doubt it was intentional.

The case is being prosecuted by authorities in St. Charles County due to a conflict of interest in Wesley Bell’s office. St. Charles Prosecuting Attorney Tim Lohmar previously called the video "shocking and disturbing."

"Immediately thereafter the victims, you see is knocked down, he's in tremendous pain and he's screaming. He gets up and he tries to run away and realizes he can't do that. So he falls in the yard, which is just about six feet away from the point of impact. And he's on his back and you see officer smith before he tries to apprehend the victim he kicks him and later strikes him, Lohmar said during a press conference Wednesday. "That would constitute the misdemeanor assault charges that we have filed."

Smith has been sued in the past for using his police SUV to ram citizens into submission.

According to a 2017 lawsuit:

"Plaintiff asserts that he was being followed by Florissant Police Officers Joshua Smith, Steven Beckman and Brian Panus, despite a direct order from Sergeant Anthony Mocca to stop following plaintiff in his vehicle. Plaintiff claims that he stopped his vehicle in the City of Florissant, and he put his hands out his driver's side window, but Officer Smith "rammed" his vehicle with his patrol car. Plaintiff further asserts that even though he had his hands out the window, Officer Beckman tased him without warning, causing him to lose control of his vehicle and hit his head on the door of his vehicle.

Plaintiff claims that these actions by defendants resulted in plaintiff being charged with property damage, assault in the second degree and leaving the scene of an accident. Plaintiff asserts that defendants acted in a conspiracy against plaintiff, giving false testimony to Phil Busby about the actions that occurred, as well as the City of Florissant's insurance company. Plaintiff claims that defendants violated his due process rights during the course of his arrest in violation of the Fourth Amendment, as well as caused him emotional distress. In essence, plaintiff is asserting that he was falsely arrested and imprisoned in violation of the Fourth Amendment by defendants Mocca, Smith, Beckman and Panus on March 1, 2017.

*Furthermore, Plaintiff states that Sergeant Mocca and Officers Panus, Smith and Beckman approached him while he was lying face down posing no threat, and stomped on him and assaulted him with their fists and batons. Plaintiff asserts that defendants violated his Fourth *4 Amendment rights when they used excessive force in the course of his arrest and false imprisonment. Plaintiff alleges that as a result of the beating he received, he suffers from extensive back, neck and spinal injuries, as well as concussion syndrome, migraine headaches, Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome, black-outs, vertigo and vision loss.*

Plaintiff states that Chief Lowery, as well as Sergeant Anthony Mocca, failed to supervise and train Officers Panus, Beckman and Smith, causing him to be injured by them during the altercation on March 1, 2017. Additionally, plaintiff alleges that The City of Florissant (and unnamed City Counselors), as well as Mayor Tom Schneider, failed to act and failed to intervene to set forth or change policies, customs and procedures that resulted in plaintiff being injured on March 1, 2017. However, there is no indication that any of the aforementioned supervisory defendants were at the scene on March 1, 2017, except for Sergeant Anthony Mocca."

Smith was also caught on video in September 2019 aggressively pulling a man out of a car after pulling him over for failure to drive in a single lane, according to Real STL News. That clip is included in the above video that shows the two clips that led to Smith's arrest, including a portion of it in slow motion to help readers better determine if this was an accident or deliberate.

(See the video in the link below)

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...Y0GroL6TXhZ4ag

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Anther pig who thinks he is above the law and doesn't have to abide by the same laws that he and his band of costumed and badged thugs are kidnapping and caging people for. This blue line gang member, Peter J. Breitnauer, and his lawyer's stories are so full of holes. The pill popping pig admits that he stole the drugs because he was addicted, but his lawyer has the audacity to state that his client, the chief, was not abusing them. Then, US attorney, James Kennedy, says in his statement that the chief "diverted" the pills when in fact the chief stole them from the drug drop box at his station. This story is over a year old, but it is yet another example of the blue line privilege being doled out to pigs who violate their oath and break the law.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Officer McCrybaby

Jimmy and Stef's commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JexPy5b4N3s

PittsburghPlayer

she feels oppressed and threatened
    in the minority?

disgusting pig

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Another blue line gang member gets a paid vacation after multiple charges filed against he and his wife.

Tecumseh Officer Faces Multiple Charges

On the evening of May 31, Tecumseh Police Sgt. Jeff Henderson and his wife Lindsey Henderson allegedly asked on-duty police officers to respond and assist them with entering a residence under false pretenses, according to police documents.

The couple was arrested at approximately 9:55 pm on June 4, and booked into the Pottawatomie County Safety Center. Tecumseh Police Chief J.R. Kidney said Sgt. Henderson faces charges of conspiracy and misuse of police authority. Lindsey Henderson could face charges of blackmail, conspiracy, and 2nd degree burglary, according to arrest records. Arrest records indicate that Sgt. Henderson was also booked for blackmail.

Both Hendersons were released on June 5, after a district court judge ruled that the affidavit presented for the case was insufficient, according to inmate records. Chief Kidney said the district attorney filed a new affidavit with the courts on June 8.

The incident report, authored by Lieutenant Detective Trey Baker of the Tecumseh Police Department, provides a detailed narrative of what transpired.

According to the report, on-duty Officer Jacob Niblett received a phone call from Sgt. Henderson, who was not on duty. Henderson advised Niblett that his wife, Lindsey, was on her way to 603 North 1st St. to recover some animals which Henderson said had been abandoned on the property by his mother-in-law.

Niblett informed dispatch and his shift partner, Officer Aaron McCormick, that he would be at the address on an animal complaint. McCormick then showed up on the scene to offer assistance.

Both officers report that Lindsey claimed to have messages proving that her mother had abandoned the animals in the residence. Niblett reports that she also claimed to have received permission from the owner of the property, Vivian Thornton, to enter the house using "any means necessary."

After assessing the situation and determining the animals had likely been abandoned and were in danger, Niblett and McCormick removed a window air conditioning unit from the house to allow Lindsey to enter. Once she was inside, the officers re-installed the unit behind her. Neither officer entered the residence. McCormick reports that Lindsey later emerged from the house through the front door, carrying a cat.

Chief Kidney said Lindsey's mother, Joann Williams, made a complaint with his office on June 3, after first reporting the incident to the Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office. Williams said that a burglary had occurred at her home, involving her daughter Lindsey and two Tecumseh Police officers, according to the incident report.

On June 4, Williams and Thornton met with Detective Baker and Chief D.A. Inspector Anthony Lee. Williams informed the investigators that the four-day abandonment reported by her daughter had been fabricated, and she had, in fact, been gone from her residence only the night of May 31. Thornton advised investigators that she gave Lindsey permission to enter the residence, but only did so because Lindsey misled her to believe animals had been abandoned at the property.

Kidney said investigators were in the process of documenting messages from Williams' phone for evidence when a message from her daughter Lindsey came to the device.

According to the report, the message contained a photograph of a contract, which Lindsey later admitted to preparing. The terms of the contract would require both parties to drop any and all charges against each other, the police officers involved, and the Tecumseh Police Department. The message stated that Williams would need to sign the contract before Lindsey would return her dog. Williams stated that she felt Lindsey was blackmailing her.

Once photographs of the contract and messages had been documented for evidence, and body cam footage of the event had been reviewed, Lindsey was interviewed by Baker and Lee at the Tecumseh Police Department.

During the interview, Lindsey stated she had prepared the contract, and that Sgt. Henderson had approved it. She stated that she was indeed withholding her mother's dog because she "wanted this done," according to the report. Lindsey also confirmed that Sgt. Henderson had contacted on-duty officers to advise them of her actions.

As a result of the investigation, Detective Baker finds in his report that Sgt. Henderson had misused his authority as a supervisor by contacting other officers to assist his wife with a burglary. Baker also determined that Officers Niblett and McCormick were acting in good faith because they both believed Lindsey had permission to enter the residence and that animals were in danger inside.

The report also states that a separate internal investigation will be conducted to determine if any department policies or procedures were not adhered to by the officers involved.

Chief Kidney said the blackmail charges were a result of the Hendersons withholding an animal from Williams to force her to sign the contract. He said the conspiracy charges were a result of both Sgt. Henderson and Lindsey having knowledge and approving of the contract and subsequent promise to withhold a dog until it was signed. Sgt. Henderson was booked for misuse of police authority due to his involving on-duty officers in the incident by providing them with intentionally misleading information, Kidney said.

Henderson is on paid administrative leave.

https://www.countywidenews.com/story...rges/2475.html

PittsburghPlayer

you fukking rule b1slick

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    you fukking rule b1slick

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

KC Cop Indicted for Killing Man in what may be another case of a Planted Gun

A Kansas City cop was indicted on manslaughter charges Thursday for the shooting death of a 26-year-old man last year who police initially claimed had pulled a gun on them.

But even the cop who was alleged to have been Cameron Lamb's intended target stated on an affidavit he never saw a gun in the victim's hands.

And although police say a gun was recovered from the scene, Lamb's family believes it was planted.

After all, a voice recording captured on Lamb's phone from that night recorded the cops ordering him to get out of his truck with his hands in the air – making no mention of a gun.

Also, police say they found Lamb's body still in his truck with his left arm hanging out the window and the gun on the ground below, suggesting Lamb was holding it in his left hand. However, not only was Lamb right-handed, he did not have full use of his left hand due to an accident he suffered in 2015.

The Kansas City Police Department also attempted to stonewall the Jackson County Prosecutor's Office in its investigation, refusing to provide a probable cause statement which delayed the investigation for several months. There is also a video from a police helicopter that might shed more details on the shooting but police have refused to release it.

Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said she brought the case before a grand jury because it was the only option she had to prosecute the cop after the chief refused to cooperate with the investigation.

According to the Kansas City Star:

"On Thursday, Baker minced no words in describing the barriers police placed in front of prosecutors in this case. The police department’s refusal to turn over a probable cause statement delayed the pursuit of justice for months.

Baker said she should have been standing at the podium, announcing charges in February, but Police Chief Rick Smith rejected a routine request for a criminal complaint. Legal experts told The Star that Smith’s actions thwarted the prosecutor’s efforts and that withholding probable cause statements created the appearance of a cover-up.

Ultimately, Baker was forced to take the case before a grand jury.

'We were stymied,' she said Thursday."

Lamb was charged with first-degree involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action which carry a maximum combined sentence of 13 years in prison.

Prosecutor Baker said she has received threats over her decision to prosecute the cop.

“I’ve heard it before, and this is not the first high profile case that I’ve handled. Those threats didn’t work then, and they won’t work now,” she continued, according to Fox 4.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-...l0egqlDRKNYtRg

Read the full story with all the details of the incident in the link above.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Police Memo Says Officers Raiding A Journalist's Home Were Instructed To Turn Off Their Body Cameras

No one involved in the search of journalist Bryan Carmody's house last May is innocent. Every new piece of information shows the San Francisco police officers -- as well as any supervisors signing off on their paperwork -- knew raiding a journalist's home to find the source of a leaked autopsy report was going to treat the First Amendment and the state's journalist shield law as a doormat.

The leak originated in the police department, which is where the SFPD should have begun and ended its investigation. Instead, officers misled a judge to get search warrants approved to search Carmody's home and the contents of seized electronics. A few months later, all five warrants were being tossed by the five judges the cops lied to, who pointed out the SFPD had purposely withheld information that would have identified the warrants' target as a journalist.

This led to a settlement being paid to Carmody nearly a year after the raid of his home. The city agreed taxpayers should give Bryan Carmody $369,000 for the violation of his rights and lawful protections by the city's protectors and servants.

Three months later, more damaging news has surfaced, thanks to a public records request filed by the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. It looks as though a cover-up was in place from the initiation of the bullshit investigation. It wasn't enough to lie to judges. Officers were instructed to create no impartial record of the raid of Carmody's home.

A San Francisco Police Department memo obtained by the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press reveals that police were instructed not to use body-worn cameras during last year’s high-profile raid of journalist Bryan Carmody’s home.

In the two-paragraph memo, which the Reporters Committee received through a public records request, Lieutenant Pilar Torres states that he told law enforcement officers conducting the raid “not to utilize our Department issued BWC’s for this operation” because the video footage could compromise the “confidential investigation.”

Whatever. Pretty much every investigation is a "confidential" investigation while it's still underway. This wording means nothing. And video footage can be redacted if confidential sources might be revealed during idle pre-/post-raid chitchat. Keeping the cameras off allowed officers to carry out the search in a way that best benefited them, eliminating any chance of them being caught doing something they shouldn't. (I mean beyond lying to judges, ignoring the state's journalist shield law, walking all over the First Amendment…)

The SFPD refused to comment on this memo, again citing an ongoing investigation -- this one targeting the SFPD officers involved in the unlawful raid of Carmody's home. I imagine this investigation will continue for as long as it has to, ensuring SFPD reps don't have to answer uncomfortable questions from journalists about their illegal abuse of other journalists.

And when everything has finally wrapped up and the lying officers safely returned to the streets, the report itself will vanish into the file cabinet in the basement until it is summoned by a public records lawsuit. That's the way this will go, because every step of the way, the SFPD has refused to be honest about its decision to target a journalist -- instead of its own officers -- in order to hunt down a leak it knew was in-house.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-cameras.shtml

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

More lying, low IQ pigs who are obviously accustomed to people licking their boots and just obeying their unlawful demands. Their attempted intimidation didn't work when the man with the camera knew his rights.

"If you upload that, you're gonna be sued civilly."

"When you encounter police you are required to identify yourself because I don't know who you are."

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Cops Execute Teen on His Knees, Destroy Security Cameras, Block Autopsy from Family—Lawyer

Los Angeles, CA — Andres Guardado, 18, had no criminal history. Nevertheless, police began chasing him down and killed him last week. According to his family, he was working as a security guard last Thursday at a repair shop in Los Angeles before police fired 7 shots into him as witnesses say he was on his knees with his hands behind his head. After they killed him, police then destroyed all the cameras that may have caught the interaction before stealing the DVR from the repair shop. Now, as they promise “transparency,” they are blocking the results of the autopsy from the family.

According to police, deputies saw Guardado, who was working as a security guard at an auto body shop, flash a handgun before running towards two businesses, prompting deputies to pursue the suspect and fatally shoot him in the torso.

“Deputies engaged in a short foot pursuit between the two businesses, at some point the deputies contacted the suspect and that’s when the deputy-involved shooting occurred,” the department said in its statement.

They then claimed a gun was found at the scene, a claim the family disputes. Also, it is important to point out that Guardado, who was at work, would have no reason to flash a gun at police. What could he possibly have to gain from this?

The police claims are also disputed by witnesses who say Guardado had no gun and was on his knees with his hands on his head when he was shot 7 times in the back.

Andrew Heney, owner of the Freeway autoshop where Guardado worked, said the teen became frightened when deputies pulled up on him with guns drawn for no reason and so he ran.

“The police came up, and they pulled their guns on him and he ran because he was scared, and they shot and killed him. He’s got a clean background and everything. There’s no reason,” he said.

After they killed Guardado, police then confiscated the security cameras and footage. Capt. Kent Wegener, the head of the department’s Homicide Bureau, told ABC7 that investigators have taken six or seven exterior cameras from the scene, claiming two of the cameras were missing their memory cards.

A search warrant was obtained to gain access to any “web-based video or security footage from the third-party vendor who supplies the service at the scene,” Wegener said.

However, Heney disputes this claim and said police “got the warrant after they took the cameras.”

“This is the first camera they yanked off the wall,” Heney said pointing towards one of the broken devices in an interview posted on Twitter. “They broke it off and took it right off the wall,” he said as he pointed out another.

“They were just trying to be malicious and covering themselves,” he said.

“They illegally got into everything, then they had the place locked down and then they got the warrant,” he said.

The interview also contained images of one of the deputies on scene reportedly smirking at the family as they asked why their child was killed.

Also, conveniently enough for the deputies, none of them were wearing body cameras.

Fast-forward to this week, and now the family has learned that they will not be receiving the results of their son’s autopsy any time soon.

The results of the autopsy, which was likely very simple considering he had six bullet holes in him, has been placed on a “security hold” by the department, according to a statement from the coroner’s office.

“Since LASD placed a security hold on the case, the report and the cause of death cannot be released to the public,” Sarah Ardalani, the Public Information Officer for the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s office, told CNN on Monday.

News of the department hiding the results of the autopsy, confiscating the video, not wearing body cameras, and killing a teenager on his knees according to witnesses, comes as Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva promises transparency.

“Out of an abundance of caution, I reached out to @AGBecerra for monitoring of the Guardado investigation. I am committed to transparency and strengthening community faith in the investigative process,” Villanueva said in a Tweet on Monday.

Naturally, the family is less than pleased with the “transparency” they are receiving in this case and have obtained a lawyer and outside investigators to look into their son’s death.

“(The family of Andres Guardado) demand, and deserve, full transparency from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department regarding the facts surrounding the death of this young man,” a statement from attorney Adam Shea said.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/te...urity-footage/

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Officer McCrybaby

Jimmy and Stef's commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JexPy5b4N3s

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Cop Charged With Stalking for Stealing Crash Victim’s Phone, Sending Himself Her Nude Photos

Minneapolis, MN — When Minneapolis cops aren’t kneeling on people’s necks for 8 minutes until they die, or conducting drive-by pepper sprayings on peaceful protesters, apparently, they are stalking crash victims. A Minnesota State Patrol trooper from Minneapolis was charged with felony stalking this week for taking a woman’s cell phone and using it to send himself nude photos of her, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office announced.

Albert Kuehne, 36, was charged with two counts of stalking with bias for the incredibly creepy act. According to the criminal complaint, Keuhne responded to a one-car accident at the location of I-94 and Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis where he encountered the driver of that vehicle, a 25-year-old woman.

Kuehne detained the crash victim on suspicion of DWI and she was eventually transported to the hospital where she was treated and released. She was not charged with DUI.

However, upon returning home, the victim’s boyfriend was using her Macbook which was linked to her cell phone and discovered that something was awry. The Macbook records showed that the victim’s phone was accessed and sent I-messages containing nude photographs of her to an unknown phone. Her phone itself had no record of the messages being sent because Kuehne had deleted them.

As FOX10 reports:

"Her boyfriend called the phone number, and the person who answered eventually identified himself as Kuehne. The woman called a lawyer, who reported the incident. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension began an investigation.

According to the complaint, Kuehne’s squad video showed him leading the woman to his squad car. Along the way, the woman took out her phone, and Kuehne demanded that she give it to him. The cell phone records indicate the photos were sent from the woman’s phone at 4:44 p.m. The video showed Kuehne alone in his squad at that time while paramedics treated the woman.

Investigators obtained a search warrant and seized Kuehne’s phone. They found three photos of the woman on his phone, according to the complaint."

According to the criminal complaint, the victim told investigators that she never gave Kuehne permission to access her phone much less send himself the nude photos. Despite initially denying the allegation, the warrant says Kuehne later admitted to sending the nude photos to his personal cell phone.

“One of the things about computer cases: they’re data driven. So, they’re not like I can say, ‘I was in Detroit and it didn’t happen.’ The records are what they are,” Minneapolis defense attorney Bruce Rivers, who is not involved in the case, said.

“For the officer to even be able to access her phone, even under a lawful arrest, he’d have to go get a search warrant to look in that phone,” Rivers said. “Right now, it’s a very difficult time to be a police officer. And for you to be a police officer abusing your position right now is not a position I’d like a client of mine to be in.”

Though this all unfolded in March and the evidence against him was overwhelming, empirical, incriminating, and he confessed, Kuehne’s blue privilege allowed him to stay on the job for two months before being placed on paid vacation on May 20th.

Had anyone else been caught red-handed in such a manner, rest assured they would have been arrested immediately. In response to the trooper’s arrest, the Minnesota State Patrol released the canned statement noting that they hold their officers to the highest standard.

"The alleged conduct outlined in this complaint is reprehensible and inconsistent with the core values of the Minnesota State Patrol. We hold troopers to a high standard and will take appropriate action regarding this matter. In the meantime, he is on leave pending further investigation."

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/tr...phone-texting/

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

More NYPD Reforms: Super-Violent Plainclothes Units Disbanded, Body Cam Footage Given A 30-Day Release Mandate

A bunch of police reform efforts are underway in New York City. NYPD officers may not have been responsible for the killing that has sparked protests around the country, but they've provided plenty of ammo for police critics and reformers over the years.

With Mike Bloomberg no longer running front office interference for the PD, the department has found itself absorbing more un-deflected criticism. This criticism is finally turning to action, now that it's incredibly inconvenient for ANY city to pretend its law enforcement agencies aren't in need of an overhaul.

Early last week, NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea decided to dismantle the NYPD's plainclothes units. These officers didn't look like police officers. And since they didn't look like police officers, they didn't behave like police officers. Removing the uniform seemed to remove all pretense of accountability as well, resulting in the so-called (and strangely-named) "anti-crime" units being the NYPD's leader in crimes committed against citizens.

The plainclothes "anti-crime" units operated out of unmarked vehicles, and did not respond to 911 calls. Instead, they were charged with what Shea called "proactive" policing. The anti-crime teams across all 77 precincts will be disbanded.

"When you look at the number of anti-crime officers that operate within New York City, and when you look at a disproportionate, quite frankly, number of complaints, shootings—and they are doing exactly what was asked of them," Shea said. "I think we can do better. I think that policing in 2020 is not what it was in five, ten, twenty years ago."

While it seems strange Commissioner Shea would state that generating complaints and corpses is "exactly what was asked" of the anti-crime units, the good news is they won't be roaming around menacing the public as a cohesive unit. The 600 officers were responsible for 31% of fatal NYPD shootings, despite only being 6% of the total police force. In recent years, "anti-crime" officers were responsible for a number of high-profile killings of citizens, including Eric Garner, whose death similarly prompted protests all over the nation. The disbanding scatters the plainclothes officers across several other units, giving more divisions a chance to be corrupted by these bad apples.

On a more positive note, the NYPD can no longer act like body camera footage is a proprietary good the public shouldn't be allowed to have access to. The NYPD's body camera policy -- released months after the cameras were deployed (as the result of court-ordered reforms) -- gave the department every excuse it wanted to never release footage.

This followed a lawsuit against the NYPD by one of the city's police unions, which sought to block almost any release of footage ever under the state's infamous "50-a" law, which forbids the release of police officers' personnel files and disciplinary records. (Or at least it did... until it was taken off the books in another recent reform move.) How footage of interactions with residents fit these descriptions was left up to the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association's imagination.

The policy has been rewritten in light of national events. The previous version gave the NYPD up to 30 days to come up with a reason why it wouldn't be releasing recordings. The new policy mandates the release of certain recordings within 30 days, flipping the old policy on its head.

The new policy obligates the NYPD to release and eventually publish online all audio and video of officers’ interactions that involve gunshots fired in public spaces, the deployment of tasers and the use of force that results in death or substantial bodily injury.

“Effective immediately, the NYPD’s 24,000 body cameras now have a mandatory 30 day release policy,” he tweeted Tuesday morning.

Certainly the NYPD will do everything it can to prevent release of these recordings, despite the mandate. It has two powerful unions willing to sue the city and their members' employer over anything that might result in additional transparency or accountability. But the city's tolerance for these unions may finally be running out. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who talked a tough police reform game while campaigning only to dial back his rhetoric once in office, is back on the warpath and calling out the unions for their contribution to the destruction of the relationship between city residents and the NYPD.

Whether these reform efforts result in lasting change remains to be seen. But it's far more than anyone's demanded of the NYPD in years.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-mandate.shtml

First ... 18192021222324 ... Last