JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Death Penalty reinstasted!! Your thoughts?

So 5 will be executed now shortly since the last was executed in 2003 https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/u...h-penalty.html

I've been watching death row shows lately, I see some on death row have read many books for years, repented, sobered up and have remorse, just grown up into older men now since their horrific crimes were committed!!! They seem legit and civil humans today. However they may have molested children and killed them, slaughtered families during a robbery, serial killers, etc..

DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH 20 years later?

I'm all for justice and I always feel for the suffering family that lost loved ones to the killers on death row today!! They will never get to see their loved ones again.. Lives lost!! They want the killer to suffer and be put to death most of the time. REVENGE!!!

Then I look at the bible and revenge quotes. Leave your vengeance up to God. Ugghhh - https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bibl...nificance.html

This is a deep subject to contemplate on especially if you are a Godly man!! Thoughts people?????

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Only care if they do it in the town square

Torture first, then a slow death in front of all
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave kidcudi92 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

The problem is people have been put to death who were innocent but some people just don't deserve to live

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

many want to die

and the state makes it quick and painless

they need to be alive and tortured

fed 1k calories per day only and then put on public display being made a little bitch

thats how you stop crime

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Nothing wrong with thinning the herd

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Sexual assault /rape of a child
    murder
    SLAM DUNK EXECUTE

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

They need to keep this Epstien guy alive so he can bring down all players

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

All for it

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I say mass murderers which are those who kill more than 4 people in an event should guarantee a death penalty and anyone that sexually assaults a child should get the death penalty immediately to discourage anyone from even thinking about doing that horrible crime.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Firing squad only and on tv live please

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

They should put catapult executions on Pay Per View.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The only time a death penalty is theoretically ok is in military court. A country or state should never be putting people to death. It's no better than the horrific Sharia law that we Westerners detest so much.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Slaughter them and do it with an axe through their heart.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

God works in mysterious ways and leave revenge to God. The people they killed died for a reason and these guys shouldn't even be in prison, never mind death row then?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Anyone know the percentages in regards to an innocent person who was convicted of a "death penalty" crime? We talking under 0.5% or something like that?

Don't know how a jury could let an innocent man go to prison with all the technology we have nowadays and then force the death penalty on top of that? 20-30 years ago... I'm sure it happened... don't know how it's possible now?

All for the death penalty

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

People who commit crimes that are "death penalty worthy" do not even consider the consequences when committing those crimes. It does not deter crime it only satisfies the collective bloodlust.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    People who commit crimes that are "death penalty worthy" do not even consider the consequences when committing those crimes. It does not deter crime it only satisfies the collective bloodlust.
    Fukk em
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bradthebloke

Quatro Quatro
    Quatro Quatro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anyone know the percentages in regards to an innocent person who was convicted of a "death penalty" crime? We talking under 0.5% or something like that?

Don't know how a jury could let an innocent man go to prison with all the technology we have nowadays and then force the death penalty on top of that? 20-30 years ago... I'm sure it happened... don't know how it's possible now?

You’re sure it happened? Have you not heard of Steven Avery?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

bring back guillitone

cheap

Quatro Quatro
    Quatro Quatro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    murder
    SLAM DUNK EXECUTE
    Hmmm, would you consider a 17 year old prostitute rape of a child?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    murder
    SLAM DUNK EXECUTE
    Lol. Those guys get 3 years and get released after 1 year of time for good behavior. US justice system does not give 2 shits about child molesters and rapists. If the crime doesn't involve death or $ nobody gets significant time.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not for letting them get off with a peaceful pain free death. Let them live until the big man upstairs decides it is time to bestow justice.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Not for letting them get off with a peaceful pain free death. Let them live until the big man upstairs decides it is time to bestow justice.
    Exactly, they should all walk free. Who are we to intervene with God's plan. #godisgood #godisgod

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Don't require a justice system at all.
    Just let Jesus decide.

...or Alah
    ...or Budah
    ...or Ron Hubbard
    ...or The Easter bunny

Depends where you live.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Nobody can know what the percentage is but I'm sure you're right in that it is rather low. However, is a very low number good enough for you? For something like the death penalty, is the logic of "mistakes are going to happen" a valid logic? And if it is you, or someone important to you that is a member of your .5%? Death penalty as a concept doesn't bother me, but as a practical matter-- too much chance of killing an innocent person in my eyes.
    Last edited by deltgen; 07-26-19 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    So 5 will be executed now shortly since the last was executed in 2003 https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/u...h-penalty.html

I've been watching death row shows lately, I see some on death row have read many books for years, repented, sobered up and have remorse, just grown up into older men now since their horrific crimes were committed!!! They seem legit and civil humans today. However they may have molested children and killed them, slaughtered families during a robbery, serial killers, etc..

DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH 20 years later?

I'm all for justice and I always feel for the suffering family that lost loved ones to the killers on death row today!! They will never get to see their loved ones again.. Lives lost!! They want the killer to suffer and be put to death most of the time. REVENGE!!!

Then I look at the bible and revenge quotes. Leave your vengeance up to God. Ugghhh - https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bibl...nificance.html

This is a deep subject to contemplate on especially if you are a Godly man!! Thoughts people?????

I think a better punishment would be keep these people alive and make them eat out a fat bitches nasty stank ass coochie

and or get pounded in the ass by a big black dude named Bubba

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

With modern DNA and today's sophisticated legal system the days of innocents being put to death are over.

In addition, what is the purpose of life in prison? That's not life......

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    With modern DNA and today's sophisticated legal system the days of innocents being put to death are over.

In addition, what is the purpose of life in prison? That's not life......
    With all due respect Fats--I hope that that is just an intentional exaggeration on your part. Those days are over?? Not if human beings are involved in every step of the criminal justice process. Let's start with the first step: the cops investigating. I've seen your posts on other threads and it is quite clear that you're not a fan of cops. Who knows what kind of malfeasance those people are up to when it comes to investigating, collecting evidence, interrogations, etc., etc. Unless we can quantitively say that false convictions are indeed a thing of the past, a death penalty just isn't the right policy to have.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Sounds like every one is in favor of the death penalty on this forum.. I tend to agree fellas!!!!

Ya take a life by evil intent or greed then your life should be wiped out also, stiff justice and laws are important in any society as it helps keep the peace.

I just hate how long it takes to kill these ass wipes on death row, they get like 3 appeals, it usually take 20 years on average. It's like come on already??? Then the death row prison treats them like a king on the last day, give them a fancy last meal, etc..

I think there should be 1 appeal only and a wait no longer then 1 year. When it time to execute, yank their asses and drag them into the electric chair or hang em in a public setting. Death by firing squad works as well..

Make it a public viewing event every time on the news as that would make young people think twice. That's my take..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rickie65

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

would probably do death penalty for all new cases with dna evidence or over whelming evidence, some of those guys in the 70's and 80's were convicted on eye witness testimony those should not get death penalty imo

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

The only time a death penalty is theoretically ok is in military court. A country or state should never be putting people to death. It's no better than the horrific Sharia law that we Westerners detest so much.
    Most Americans are strongly in favor of big government. They want the government to intervene in every possible way, as much as possible. The death penalty is a great example of this. It certainly is no better than Sharia, but we definitely do not detest it at all.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

When it comes to criminal justice, vengeance and bloodlust are the only things anyone cares about. Which are the only reasons to ever consider the death penalty. Protecting the community is completely meaningless

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How many of you clowns have handed out a "death penalty" yourselves? How many of you people have actually had to kill someone. I know of one person in here that claims to have killed someone in "self defense", but I know of no other. My guess is that like everything else that you do in here, NO ONE has actually taken a life. Just a lot of talk, which is all you guys know now to do. Grow up little girls.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

It only seems WRONG bc its so much later.....if it was swift punishment-people would be OK with it...

123 Last