daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4883

Anyone Ever Have Gallstones?

My wife had them a few months ago and I had that same pain last night. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'm 30 years old, thought to be pretty healthy. Guess not.

Took some hydrocodone for the pain, good stuff.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14055

The vitamins? Yes, I just had a Dino. Ohhhhh, you said Gallstones.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Ever Have Gallstones?
    No sir but I have been told many times I have some gall!

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

See a doctor right now

Doesn't hurt to have a CT scan done

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

What are they and how could both you get them? Gotta be something in diet or environment by you....?

daneault23

They are tiny stones that block your gall bladder. Don't know exactly the cause but part of it is diet, like fried or spicy foods, amount of food eaten, etc. Blockage of bile or something.

Pain is in upper abdomen below the chest, only in that one spot. Eating soup and apple sauce for now. Scheduling appt with doc soon.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drink lots of water
    Solves a lot of issues

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You can try some apple cider vinegar.

It might help.

Uh... no ttwarrior.. cayenne pepper will not help

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15089

Wife had hers taken out in April after having a couple attacks over the past year. Had 1 get stuck in a bile duct and she needed an emergency procedure done to get it out after the surgery. No fat diet will be your only option until you have it removed. Good luck

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Yes

Gallbladder will be removed

Best thing as it's the most common surgery year after year.

Laproscipic, and fairly painless.

You will not want a repeat of the pain and God forbid a stone gets stuck in the bile duct....

TheMoneyShot

They say you don't need the gallbladder to live and function normally... but I know 2 people who had it removed...

And their bodies went nuts 2-3 years later. Other issues were occurring...

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I had a gangrenous gallbladder. It was the worst pain that I ever suffered. If the gallbladder were to rupture, I would've developed sepsis ( poison in the blood) I was days away from that happening. Like Brock said, the laparoscopic procedure was completed and thankfully no sepsis. The gallbladder is taken out through the belly button. That said, I disagree with Brock. The first few days are painful but the hospital administrators pain meds. You also develop temporary dumping syndrome. This is constant diarrhea. Get it checked ASAP.

daneault23

So ultrasound showed gallstones, liver count was a little high so they did a MRI to see if they've moved or any inflammation in liver. Currently waiting on results. Surgery is most likely.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

you came to the right place we have lots of doctors here.

Sorry to hear about that buddy

Only thing I would say is smoke some weed too if you are in pain. It always helps my back pain

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    you came to the right place we have lots of doctors here.
    And plenty of attorneys on staff

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

Go to the hospital right now.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15089

If you bilirubin is elevated it is likely you have a stone stuck in the bile duct and will need an ERCP to get it out. Wife had it done after her bladder was removed because one of the stones got trapped in there and was too small to show up when they did the imaging. Good luck, feel better soon

daneault23

Stayed overnight at hospital, did another blood test for liver. Results are better today. Surgery team will come to talk about gallbladder removal.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

Did you have any ultrasounds or a CT Scan??

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

I had an emergency Gallbladder operation New Years Eve lol so may stone they were busting out into my blood stream..which is dangerous
    Doc wanted me to take 2 weeks off because I ran a high fever. I was back to work Jan 2

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Did you have any ultrasounds or a CT Scan??
    Had ultrasound and MRCP done. Basically a MRI. So I was going fine with the broth and jello diet, plan was to move up to soup and pudding diet and go home with scheduling surgery in a few weeks.

Well ate soup and pudding and pain came back. They gave me dilaudid for the pain and hoping to do surgery tmw whenever they have an opening.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    I had an emergency Gallbladder operation New Years Eve lol so may stone they were busting out into my blood stream..which is dangerous
    Doc wanted me to take 2 weeks off because I ran a high fever. I was back to work Jan 2
    Any symptoms since surgery? Do you eat/drink pretty healthy?

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I had a gangrenous gallbladder. It was the worst pain that I ever suffered. If the gallbladder were to rupture, I would've developed sepsis ( poison in the blood) I was days away from that happening. Like Brock said, the laparoscopic procedure was completed and thankfully no sepsis. The gallbladder is taken out through the belly button. That said, I disagree with Brock. The first few days are painful but the hospital administrators pain meds. You also develop temporary dumping syndrome. This is constant diarrhea. Get it checked ASAP.
    Talked to Dr earlier about side effects. He said some patients (bout 25%) experience diarrhea for the first few months but it goes away over time. We shall see.

daneault23

Had surgery Saturday afternoon. Doc said gallbladder was extremely inflamed, but was able to do it without having to slice me open 6 inches. I have 4 slits from where they went in and removed the gallbladder.

Pretty sore these past few days and taking hydrocodone. Trying not to overdo it. Just posting all this for informational purposes.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2912

My wife went through that pain one night about a year ago, fought it for hours before she finally went in. Had it removed 12 hours later.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Had surgery Saturday afternoon. Doc said gallbladder was extremely inflamed, but was able to do it without having to slice me open 6 inches. I have 4 slits from where they went in and removed the gallbladder.

Pretty sore these past few days and taking hydrocodone. Trying not to overdo it. Just posting all this for informational purposes.
    Good to see you are on the mend!!!

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Good to see you are on the mend!!!

Welp, went back into the hospital yesterday with jaundice due to excess bilirubin. They found another stone that had moved from my gallbladder to the bile duct area from when they did the 1st MRI and when they removed my gallbladder.

I had an ERCP today to try to remove this stone, but it was too far up and they couldn't reach it. They then put a stent in there to open it up a bit in hopes that the stone will flow through on its own.

I just got home with instructions of a low fat, high fiber diet over the next 8 weeks at least. They will then go back in and remove the stent and see if the stone has passed at that time.

I still have jaundice, but hoping it calms down over the next week or so due to this "new" diet.

Damn these stones are a pain.