stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Basic cable TV has become........

..... Nothing much more than all “Friends” and all “Big Bang Theory” all the time.
    I’ve been laid up with hip and knee issues so I’ve had some idle time.

I know of at least four stations that carry “Friends” that was mediocre at best, David Schwinmer is an all time weenie on air and in real life, the other two guys were ordinary, the only real reason to watch that show is to check out Jen’s extraordinary nips. The only reason why Friends was successful was because teens lapped up that aww let’s hug crap with a spoon.

Big Bang is rubbish, 100 percent trash, yet it gets monster ratings. I’m baffled why Big Bang is so popular, it’s supposed to be a sitcom yet I’ve never laughed at one of their so called gags, and speaking of laughs what’s up with the laugh tracks, at least 20 per 30 minute episode at lines that aren’t remotely funny.

I despise laugh tracks, they make me cringe, I don’t need to be told when to laugh, trust me I know comedy and this shit ain’t it.

Law and Order is on a lot but that franchise was quality.
    3/4 of the basic cable programs are mediocre at best or worse.
    I like most of the History channels line up, Nat-Geo is interesting, my favorite is Chicago PD, that show is ballsy but that’s it.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Get a firestick

Jailbreak it

Every station/ show/ movie and on demand feature in the world for $7 month

You'll wish your knee never heals up....greatest invention ever

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

amc and history

u can fix your knee and hip as long as you dont listen to a dr

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Get a firestick

Jailbreak it

Another good option, thanks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

How do you get DVR action and recordings going for future shows with FIRESTICK? How can you record 5 shows at once like I can now with my Directv Genie DVR?

See if I could get those options going off fireprick I'd change over and save in a NEW YORK MINUTE.. I'm paying like $130 a month for everything with Directv now.. Got every station and a Genie DVR.. Can split screen you name it.. I can set to record every show I like upcoming with Directv genie in LIST. It will be set to record every show automatically as they come out every week..

Hard to give that up fellas!!! $7 a month would be nice though for Firejuice.. Gotta have DVR capabilities, spoiled like that..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-02-19 at 08:54 PM.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Braindead masses is why big bang gets ratings.

Half the people watching are on their phone looking at Instagram anyway.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    How do you get DVR action and recordings going for future shows with FIRESTICK? How can you record 5 shows at once like I can now with my Directv Genie DVR?

See if I could get those options going off fireprick I'd change over and save in a NEW YORK MINUTE.. I'm paying like $130 a month for everything with Directv now.. Got every station and a Genie DVR.. Can split screen you name it.. I can set to record every show I like upcoming with Directv genie in LIST. It will be set to record every show automatically as they come out every week..

Hard to give that up fellas!!! $7 a month would be nice though for Firejuice.. Gotta have DVR capabilities, spoiled like that..
    The service I use has a catch up feature, for most channels, you can go back a week and watch anything that was on. If it's a TV show/movie you want to watch, you can also just stream it through an app like TV Zion by the next morning. I'm not sure that there's a way to record/rewatch sports though.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Braindead masses is why big bang gets ratings.

Half the people watching are on their phone looking at Instagram anyway.
    Agreed, Big Bang viewers are brain dead zombies, what’s worse is
    I don’t think the Nielsen ratings factor in Smart phone watchers.

I believe your prototypical Big Bang viewer is a zit faced, fat ass wanbabe geek sitting on the sofa shoveling Taco Bell in their zit faced belly. In the beginning of the series about ten years ago if you told me “yeah but I like checking out Cuoco’s amazing bitties I might have bought that but flash forward to 2019 she’s aged and her looks have been reduced to ordinary.

Convesely, I read one critic write about Seinfeld which is on basic often, anyway this one critic wrote “even in syndication Seinfeld remains the funniest show on TV”
    Even though I’ve seen every episode of every season and I know which line is coming next I find myself stopping on any particular Seinfeld show. In nine seasons I can think of only one bad episode.

Jerry Seinfeld to Elaine Benes “you faked orgasms, that’s the equivalent of sexual perjury” that’s comedy gold.

Since I have time on my hands, other observations are even though Leah Remini is east on the eyes I can’t get past her annoying voice and she doesn’t work well with a Kevin James and although he’s not a hack James is overrated as a comic.

The greatest TV detectives currently in syndication (or still on air) are Vincent D’Onofrio (Robert Goren) of Law and Order Criminal Intent, also IMO the best actor in the game today, Jason Beghe in Chicago PD, Jerry Orbach and his wisecracks, Chris Noth plays the hot headed Logan to perfection, there’s are a few other good ones, like Dennis Frantz as Sipowitz, Jimmy Smits, and if you want to go old school Jack Lord as Steve McGarret in 5-0, Jack Webb Dragnet, and Peter Falk Columbo (who D’Onofrio patterns) Falk was a good influence.

Two I can’t stomach are Christopher Meloni as Stabler in SVU his smirks are cringe worthy, and the worst is David Caruso in CSI Miami.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Agreed, Big Bang viewers are brain dead zombies, what’s worse is
    I don’t think the Nielsen ratings factor in Smart phone watchers.

I believe your prototypical Big Bang viewer is a zit faced, fat ass wanbabe geek sitting on the sofa shoveling Taco Bell in their zit faced belly. In the beginning of the series about ten years ago if you told me “yeah but I like checking out Cuoco’s amazing bitties I might have bought that but flash forward to 2019 she’s aged and her looks have been reduced to ordinary.

Convesely, I read one critic write about Seinfeld which is on basic often, anyway this one critic wrote “even in syndication Seinfeld remains the funniest show on TV”
    Even though I’ve seen every episode of every season and I know which line is coming next I find myself stopping on any particular Seinfeld show. In nine seasons I can think of only one bad episode.

Jerry Seinfeld to Elaine Benes “you faked orgasms, that’s the equivalent of sexual perjury” that’s comedy gold.

Since I have time on my hands, other observations are even though Leah Remini is east on the eyes I can’t get past her annoying voice and she doesn’t work well with a Kevin James and although he’s not a hack James is overrated as a comic.

The greatest TV detectives currently in syndication (or still on air) are Vincent D’Onofrio (Robert Goren) of Law and Order Criminal Intent, also IMO the best actor in the game today, Jason Beghe in Chicago PD, Jerry Orbach and his wisecracks, Chris Noth plays the hot headed Logan to perfection, there’s are a few other good ones, like Dennis Frantz as Sipowitz, Jimmy Smits, and if you want to go old school Jack Lord as Steve McGarret in 5-0, Jack Webb Dragnet, and Peter Falk Columbo (who D’Onofrio patterns) Falk was a good influence.

Two I can’t stomach are Christopher Meloni as Stabler in SVU his smirks are cringe worthy, and the worst is David Caruso in CSI Miami.
    I agree with your Seinfeld comments.

Let me guess, the one bad episode you spoke of is the parking garage episode?

That one sucked.

....or was it the episode where they were waiting for a table the whole time?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    The service I use has a catch up feature, for most channels, you can go back a week and watch anything that was on. If it's a TV show/movie you want to watch, you can also just stream it through an app like TV Zion by the next morning. I'm not sure that there's a way to record/rewatch sports though.
    The biggest thing I enjoy with my Directv setup now is if you record a show or game with the DVR and then you can watch and fast forward thru all the commercials..

Even just delay the shows or game by 10 or 15 minutes on DVR and you can then by pass all the commercials and still stay relatively live..

I LOVE THAT DVR OPTION.. Commercials are a waste of time.

BrickJames
    Action

The biggest thing I enjoy with my Directv setup now is if you record a show or game with the DVR and then you can watch and fast forward thru all the commercials..

Even just delay the shows or game by 10 or 15 minutes on DVR and you can then by pass all the commercials and still stay relatively live..

I LOVE THAT DVR OPTION.. Commercials are a waste of time.
    A lot of time and money goes into those commercials.

Commercials are also the reason you get to watch programming free of charge.

If everyone stops watching commercials television as we know it ceases to exist

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

A lot of time and money goes into those commercials.

Commercials are also the reason you get to watch programming free of charge.

If everyone stops watching commercials television as we know it ceases to exist
    True, but when you record shows or games the Commercials are recorded also so they can't rate or tell if you are or aren't watching them when using a DVR and fast forwarding thru them. Commercials are for the masses.. Ain't got no time for that crap!!!

BrickJames
    Action

True, but when you record shows or games the Commercials are recorded also so they can't rate or tell if you are or aren't watching them when using a DVR and fast forwarding thru them. Commercials are for the masses.. Ain't got no time for that crap!!!

The less effective the commercials become the less the networks can charge for the airtime. In turn bringing down the quality of the programming, in turn making people stop watching.

It's a vicious cycle

stevenash

I agree with your Seinfeld comments.

Let me guess, the one bad episode you spoke of is the parking garage episode?

That one sucked.

....or was it the episode where they were waiting for a table the whole time?
    No, the worst was The Van.
    Althogh the table episode or the garage were not their tour de forces, they were just OK, at least I thought Larry David had an idea as to what he wanted to do.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No, the worst was The Van.
    Althogh the table episode or the garage were not their tour de forces, they were just OK, at least I thought Larry David had an idea as to what he wanted to do.
    Tried Googleing it, not sure.

What happens in this episode?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nasher knows. Big Bang is for braindead morons. They think they’re different by watching the edgy nerds make science jokes. Main audience is your liberal philosophy major or some other junk degree having asshole. They think they relate so much to Sheldon because in their diluted minds they think they’re special, and just so much smarter than the next dweeb. They’re misunderstood in their life. But in reality they are perfectly understood as morons by anyone with a brain who has listened to their drivel over the years of their waste of space life. Then promptly avoided them for life. Hence why they think they’re different since they have minimal friends.

They should castrate anyone who openly admits that they like the Big Bang Theory. I can allow it in jail because the brothers just wanted to watch the chicks ass and jiggle.

Darwinism isn’t working these days since the weak are being propped up, and allowed to procreate with other weak shitbags. Of course they find another dweeb that loves Big Bang to link up with. They’re actually allowed to get a fckin degree, and job at Starbucks to survive. Thanks to their moron liberal parents, and the liberal run cities propping up their own, and none of them ever doing the right thing and telling them how fckin worthless they really are. Maybe they would off themselves instead of creating more Big Bang loving weaklings for the world to take care of. Their lineage should have died long ago.

Not gonna lie though, I do like Friends. It is garbage though when you really think about it, but damn if it doesn’t entertain me. It’s harmless, and not forcing an agenda down your throat. Maybe a little too much tolerance crap.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Nasher knows. Big Bang is for braindead morons. They think they’re different by watching the edgy nerds make science jokes. Main audience is your liberal philosophy major or some other junk degree having asshole. They think they relate so much to Sheldon because in their diluted minds they think they’re special, and just so much smarter than the next dweeb. They’re misunderstood in their life. But in reality they are perfectly understood as morons by anyone with a brain who has listened to their drivel over the years of their waste of space life. Then promptly avoided them for life. Hence why they think they’re different since they have minimal friends.

They should castrate anyone who openly admits that they like the Big Bang Theory. I can allow it in jail because the brothers just wanted to watch the chicks ass and jiggle.

Darwinism isn’t working these days since the weak are being propped up, and allowed to procreate with other weak shitbags. Of course they find another dweeb that loves Big Bang to link up with. They’re actually allowed to get a fckin degree, and job at Starbucks to survive. Thanks to their moron liberal parents, and the liberal run cities propping up their own, and none of them ever doing the right thing and telling them how fckin worthless they really are. Maybe they would off themselves instead of creating more Big Bang loving weaklings for the world to take care of. Their lineage should have died long ago.

Not gonna lie though, I do like Friends. It is garbage though when you really think about it, but damn if it doesn’t entertain me. It’s harmless, and not forcing an agenda down your throat. Maybe a little too much tolerance crap.
    There are two types of people, those who watch friends and those who watch Seinfeld

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Lmfao...Big Bang is for brain dead morons but Friends isn't? They both suck. Give me Seinfeld.

So angry over a tv show. Were you picked on by nerds as a kid?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lmfao...Big Bang is for brain dead morons but Friends isn't? They both suck. Give me Seinfeld.

So angry over a tv show. Were you picked on by nerds as a kid?
    I said it was garbage. It just entertains me. I like Seinfeld too. I’m not mad at the show. It knows its audience. Good for them. I actually got picked on by older girls. Not sure if that comes into play here. I got nothing against nerds.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Get a firestick

Jailbreak it

I would go this route.... but when you read more and more into it.... it's all about server quality... not necessarily your internet speed. If the servers are jammed for whatever reason.... buffering becomes a bitch. I can't stand that.

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I would go this route.... but when you read more and more into it.... it's all about server quality... not necessarily your internet speed. If the servers are jammed for whatever reason.... buffering becomes a bitch. I can't stand that.
    Bullshit on servers. 200Mbps runs 4 sticks. One by the server (living room) plus 3 bedrooms about 30,40,50 feet apart through walls and upstairs. 49$ a month for internet. I CHOOSE a 720 stream between 1.10 to 1.90 anything higher will buffer anything lower will be poor quality. Look at you firestick as Redbox. Search for movies that come onto DVD (the day you can buy them, usually on Tuesday) should be on the stick a couple weeks before. Watching "MA" in a moment. Good Luck. Look for "troypoint'.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by smokenjoke View Post
    Bullshit on servers. 200Mbps runs 4 sticks. One by the server (living room) plus 3 bedrooms about 30,40,50 feet apart through walls and upstairs. 49$ a month for internet. I CHOOSE a 720 stream between 1.10 to 1.90 anything higher will buffer anything lower will be poor quality. Look at you firestick as Redbox. Search for movies that come onto DVD (the day you can buy them, usually on Tuesday) should be on the stick a couple weeks before. Watching "MA" in a moment. Good Luck. Look for "troypoint'.
    Appreciate the post. But you're admitting to downgrading your HD picture to 720... because the 1080 buffers too much... correct? That's my entire point. I have no problem donating $500 into all the equipment to be honest with you.... as long as it's fool proof. I even have Ethernet cable ran into 4 rooms..... So it doesn't even have to go through WiFi. But, no one can really guarantee consistency.

I'm all about saving a dollar... but when you have people who have admitted on YouTube... with speeds up to 1gig... that they are still having buffering issues.... that's quite alarming.

smokenjoke
    smokenjoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

If you take the time to find what works for you
    $Shot,II think you'll have different results. Also depends on what APK your using. As for firestick it's minimul for 1080 but great for 720. If 1080 you seek, you may want a fire TV, if you feel to record then a recast with either stick or TV. I've cut the cord over 2 years now and love paying a 50$ bill a month rather then the usual 200$ and change. I can only watch so much TV. I do watch what I want though at anytime I feel to. Some trial and error (about 2weeks minimum) I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Best of luck. Not touting but search "troypoint'" and you'll have more than enough info to satisfy you.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

jibby u got low water bill already from your fake grass how many more corners can u cut

stevenash

Spot on post brother, like me I see brevity is not your forte, and I like it.
    Rage on dude.

Friends was OK but severely overrated, and as mentioned I don’t care much for the aww let’s hug stuff. And as mentioned David Schwimmer’s cringe factor is 10 and as previously stated the worlds biggest weenie. The show made me laugh at times but
    inconsistent, and the girls were easy on the eyes. There’s something about Courtney
    Cox that makes me want to bang her all night long.
    Last edited by stevenash; 07-10-19 at 03:39 PM.