Troppo_Oca
    beginner
    Troppo_Oca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

bozeman, let me be frank: even if you go to the gym, do keto for a while, loose weight...i know it works very well because i've been trying all kinds of stuff, but you can't keep with that for good, no carbo at all. the only thing is going to keep you lean and healthy in the long term or even if you are an athlete - is eating food the more close as possible as it comes from the ground. natural. + beer
    so, yes meat and nuts and salad and olive oil and cheese..but here, cheese is not milk, milk has nothing added. so if you have to decide what to choose you choose a cheese as close as possible to milk.
    Last edited by Troppo_Oca; 06-25-19 at 01:33 PM.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

buddy, in canada all milk has vitamin D added to it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21425

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Im noticing it is hard to lose weight. I want to lose 15 pounds by August 1. I am 6’3 about 215 pounds. I want to drop below 200 by August and lose fat. What would be the best diet?
    Why August 1? It's possible to lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks, but that's pretty fast and you're not that much overweight. I'm 5'10 and went from 185 to 160 last year. Took the whole year. I did 1,600-2,000 calories per day. Whole grains, lean proteins, veggies, no calories from liquids. Typically steel cut oatmeal for a breakfast, big salad with grilled chicken for lunch, protein and a veggie for dinner. Snack on fruits and some nuts. You can go extreme and lose fast, but you're going to end up gaining it back. Better to take it a little slower and do something close to sustainable.

This year I've gone to "normal" and only gained back 2 pounds. I think if you go extreme and lose fast, you'll gain it back.

Am I the only one who genuinely loves salad? I don't want anything else for lunch. Spinach+spring mix base. Shred carrots + cabbage. Red pepper. Cucumber. Grape tomato. Red onion. 1/4 avocado. Feta. Homemade balsamic w/EVOO. Perfect.
    Last edited by d2bets; 06-25-19 at 02:52 PM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90072

Troppo_Oca
    beginner
    Troppo_Oca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    buddy, in canada all milk has vitamin D added to it

fine as far it's not refined sugar or salt. there's a difference between the intake of salt and salty additives and the intake of mineral salts and vitamins through natural foods - or natural as much as possible - and water you both sweat at the gym. eating salt too much like in foods where it is added just retains liquids you don't sweat, they give you hypertension and cardiovascolar dysorders and ease gainig fat, no wonder why many people are fat, sick and not functioning! you need a quarter of a small tablespoon of salt daily no matter if in canada or in italy to have your body work properly, a very small amount, you will easily find this written everywhere..

edit: i mean that's the intake TOTAL you need, plus minerals and sodium you already find inside nuts and stuff you eat that have to be natural, not like cheese with lots of added salt in it. excuse my english, i hope i've been clear - i don't want to convince you this is just what works if you want to diet a lifetime
    Last edited by Troppo_Oca; 06-25-19 at 03:37 PM.

First 123