TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

White supremacist who dragged black man behind truck will be executed this week

Only took 20 years for justice to finally be served. Hey Donk, I know Texas is big, but you sure do seem to have more than your share of whackos in that State. You excluded of course.

4/23/2019
    JASPER, Texas (AP) — A technology company was almost ready to bring up to 300 new jobs to Jasper, Texas, but in the final stages of recent negotiations, a potential deal-breaker emerged: the community's history as the place where three white men dragged a black man behind a pickup, killing him.

The 1998 death of James Byrd Jr. was one of the most gruesome hate crimes in U.S. history, and it gave the company president pause in the discussions about where to locate his firm's newest facility. Local clergy and community leaders made their case that the town of 7,600 people is not defined by a murder that happened almost 21 years ago.

Lawrence Russell Brewer, Shawn Allen Berry and John William King are the three WHITE TEXAS SHERIFFS convicted in the 1998 dragging death of James Byrd Jr.

Brewer was executed in 2011, Berry was sentenced to life in prison and King is set to be executed Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, and Auto Donk

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Only took 20 years for justice to finally be served. Hey Donk, I know Texas is big, but you sure do seem to have more than your share of whackos in that State. You excluded of course.

4/23/2019
    JASPER, Texas (AP) — A technology company was almost ready to bring up to 300 new jobs to Jasper, Texas, but in the final stages of recent negotiations, a potential deal-breaker emerged: the community's history as the place where three white men dragged a black man behind a pickup, killing him.

The 1998 death of James Byrd Jr. was one of the most gruesome hate crimes in U.S. history, and it gave the company president pause in the discussions about where to locate his firm's newest facility. Local clergy and community leaders made their case that the town of 7,600 people is not defined by a murder that happened almost 21 years ago.

Lawrence Russell Brewer, Shawn Allen Berry and John William King are the three WHITE TEXAS SHERIFFS convicted in the 1998 dragging death of James Byrd Jr.

Brewer was executed in 2011, Berry was sentenced to life in prison and King is set to be executed Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
    Where are you getting that they were sheriffs? I think you have that wrong. All 3 had done hard time in prison and one of the three claimed his motive was being gang raped repeatedly in prison.

TheGoldenGoose

TheGoldenGoose

Looks like MY BAD...

Dressed in Sheriffs vest during transport.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Looks like MY BAD...

Dressed in Sheriffs vest during transport.
    Yeah was going to say, they were wearing the vests in case anyone tried shooting them. Still an interesting read. Texas definitely rough decades ago.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Over 100,000 whites have been murdered and raped at the hands of blacks since then, and oh yeah about 1 million waitstaff have been stiffed by black customers so WTF

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Over 100,000 whites have been murdered and raped at the hands of blacks since then, and oh yeah about 1 million waitstaff have been stiffed by black customers so WTF
    AGREED.

Race or Creed makes zero difference. Murder ANYBODY or stiff ANY waitstaff is just plain WRONG and not the way I live my life for sure.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Are they trying to stir up the white supermacist bull shit narrative again. This is the only crime I remember where a white guy did anything to a black guy. Theirs been plenty recently that are the other way around however.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Are they trying to stir up the white supermacist bull shit narrative again. This is the only crime I remember where a white guy did anything to a black guy. Theirs been plenty recently that are the other way around however.
    yeah its actually the only crime that any white people have ever committed against a black person in the last 50 years

TheGoldenGoose

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

This golden shower guy sure is a race baiter.

TheGoldenGoose

John William King is scheduled to be executed at 6 pm CDT, on Wednesday, April 24, 2019, at the Walls Unit of the Huntsville State Penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas. John is convicted of the murder of 49-year-old James Byrd, Jr., on June 7, 1998, in Jasper, Texas. John has spent the last 19 years on Texas’ death row.

On June 7, 1998, police responded to a call and discovered the body of an African-American male lying in the road. The head, neck, and right arm were missing and discovered approximately a mile and a half up the road. The remains of the victims pants and underwear were around his ankles.

John King DOES NOT lack the mental capacity to be executed. He survived 19 years on Death Row at an expense of some $1.5m dollars of Texas Taxpayer money. Good riddance.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah its actually the only crime that any white people have ever committed against a black person in the last 50 years
    Isnt it meant to be on the rise archie,shouldnt be hard to find some present experiences. Not talking about ancient history.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-24-19 at 12:34 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

it was a horrible crime, no doubt..... glad justice was ultimately served..... death row procedure needs to be reformed to end all appeals within 4-5 years.......

didn't remember it being law enforcement guys who did it, but if it was, even more pathetic.....

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Where are you getting that they were sheriffs? I think you have that wrong. All 3 had done hard time in prison and one of the three claimed his motive was being gang raped repeatedly in prison.
    these guys weren't sherriffs..... two had spent time in the can, pure d white trash neo nazis.....

and, according the one guy guy who didn't get the death penalty, he was routinely gang raped by black dudes in prison as additional retribution for his crime.... so some additional justice.....

but no cops were involved from what I see, which jived with my faded recollection of the sordid event.....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Can someone tell me the last time a African American was charged with a hate crime when the victim was white.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Isnt it meant to be on the rise archie,shouldnt be hard to find some present experiences. Not talking about ancient history.

you mean like Dylan Roof and the 9 black people he killed in a church?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

packerd_00

Fair enough,but to say its on the rise is b.s. Infact on the contrary,ive seen plenty of made up hate crimes, that no one ever gets punished for.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-24-19 at 11:48 AM.

dlowilly

That was 4 years ago. The case the thread is about was over 20

Every year there have been thousands of violent crimes involving blacks targeting whites (rape, murder, assault) that are never even reported on much less considered to be hate crimes which they most certainly are.

To act like white on black hate crime is a problem is pathologically dishonest, but that's what libtards and the mass media are
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Fair enough,but to say its on the rise is b.s. Infact on the contrary,ive seen plenty of made up hate crimes, that no one ever gets punished for.

i'm not sure, I never said it was on the rise. I'm sure law enforcement keeps track of these things

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

To act like white on black hate crime is a problem is pathologically dishonest, but that's what libtards and the mass media are
    I don't think anyone I know acts like that

i'd have to see some articles from the mass media you are talking about to know what you mean

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

By race, ethnicity, and age (Based on Table 9.)

Race

In 2017, race was reported for 6,370 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

• 50.7 percent were White.

• 21.3 percent were Black or African American.

• 7.5 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).

• 0.8 percent (49 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.

• 0.7 percent (42 offenders) were Asian.

• 3 offenders were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.

• 19.1 percent were unknown.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Merlin is gaping

packerd_00

i'm not sure, I never said it was on the rise. I'm sure law enforcement keeps track of these things
    Not saying you did,but what I was getting at in my first comment, was they were brinigng this story up, from a 20 year old crime, for what reason. To rile people up, and get them thinking hate crimes on black people go on all the time.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Not saying you did,but what I was getting at in my first comment, was they were brinigng this story up, from a 20 year old crime, for what reason. To rile people up, and get them thinking hate crimes on black people go on all the time.

I think the story was brought up, because the one dude is about to be or was just executed last night, right?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Murder and violent crime Numbers are way higher with black on white crimes compared to the other way around.. Not even close..

It's unfortunate when any innocent person gets targeted and murdered just because the color of their skin. Special place in Hell for murderers like that. You kill a person you don't even know just because you are a racist is so wrong.

packerd_00

I think the story was brought up, because the one dude is about to be or was just executed last night, right?
    Yeah okay, why bring it up in the news though,just put the guy to death and be done with it.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-24-19 at 04:42 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Yeah okay, why bring it up in the news though,just put the guy to death and be done with it.

It's pretty standard when a guy on death row for a well known crime is finally put to death, that there will be a lot of news coverage

It's just the news, I'm not sure why people have an issue with it, it's not fake

dlowilly

I don't think anyone I know acts like that

i'd have to see some articles from the mass media you are talking about to know what you mean
    You must be kidding

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Nice to see this POS dead soon

He didnt just kill him they took his damn pants off and drug him behind a fukkin truck. Sheesh. A regular gun to the head would have been a gift

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

As he should. Is this news?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

How do you get to be a witness to the death penalty (without being in the starring role)? I wonder if it would freak me out and I'd suddenly change my mind about capital punishment.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You must be kidding

I dont know anyone that acts like that either. Seems like you’ve got a nice little imagination

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I dont know anyone that acts like that either. Seems like you’ve got a nice little imagination
    You don't know anyone who acts like white on black hate crime is a problem?

Out of all the heinous acts against whites by blacks in the 20 some years since this incident the OP chose to talk about this. News outlets single handedly fabricated an epidemic of white cops targeting blacks to murder because it was believable to blacks and libtards who think a white attacker is a moment away. That idiot Jusse Smolett tried to harness the assumption by lunatic leftists that Trump supporters are such hateful bigots they go around attacking blacks.

You probably aren't being serious of course, just trolling and waiting like you do for your next nursing job to open up somewhere there aren't any blacks.

12 Last