EL5454
    EL5454's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Any Car people: Forgot I had extended warranty

Had a new driveshaft put in my car the other one broke it cost 1k and had the work done today. 4 years ago I purchased a plantinum warranty on my car and I forgot about it until now... Will the shop that did the work be able to call the warranty place and use the warranty? Or did I need to present the warranty before the work was done?

EL5454

I already paid the shop too, will they be able to get the money from the insurance company and pay me back?
    Last edited by EL5454; 04-05-19 at 11:52 PM.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

You would likely have needed to get the warranty to be involved before. They likely would get pictures, assess the damage, etc.

For warranties also make sure you keep records of any regular maintainence. I handle basic stuff like oil changes myself so I have a log book and receipts.

EL5454

Well I'm gonna call them Monday. Maybe they have dealt with this warranty company before. They prob still have the ruined drive train laying around.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

If they want to keep you as a customer they should at least try to help you.

But surely you are the one that has to make the claim with the insurance company, not them?

EL5454

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If they want to keep you as a customer they should at least try to help you.

But surely you are the one that has to make the claim with the insurance company, not them?
    Don't they usually call the insurance company before the claim. They finished the job today, I'm sure they can rig something together. They have 2 shops locally and have been in business for years. The insurance warranty I purchased is from a local huge dealer.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I think I would find out the correct procedure to claim for myself first, without telling them its been fixed, then go from there.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by EL5454 View Post
    Had a new driveshaft put in my car the other one broke it cost 1k and had the work done today. 4 years ago I purchased a plantinum warranty on my car and I forgot about it until now... Will the shop that did the work be able to call the warranty place and use the warranty? Or did I need to present the warranty before the work was done?
    Typically you need to get a warranty claim number first to get it authorized. You can't get the work done first and then make the claim.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

Call the extended warranty company yourself. The 800 number will be on the contract. Explain to them you forgot about your coverage. They will have you fax/email your paid receipt to them and should refund/send a check for the repair price minus the deductible directly back to you.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

EL5454 is a notorious scam artist who likes to take his expired warranties and cash them in for repairs by distracting the man behind the counter and then extending the warranty on the company computer. Then he unzips his trousers and rubs one out in the company restroom.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

^^^Thank You EDDY!!^^^

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

You're welcome 19th! I consider it my civil duty.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    EL5454 is a notorious scam artist who likes to take his expired warranties and cash them in for repairs by distracting the man behind the counter and then extending the warranty on the company computer. Then he unzips his trousers and rubs one out in the company restroom.
    I just hope he's rubbing one out to a hot chick.... not the sales guy at the counter.