eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Was at gym, free weight leg press was in use so used the sitting leg press machine. Pushed myself too much, too many sets/reps and lost control when pushed off, don’t know how or what but I ****** up my back. Bad. Immediately knew it. Had to practically limp to the locker room. Iced it, about to take hot shower.

3 important interviews, one each day next several days. Cannot miss it. Worried I’m going to wake up unable to move tomorrow. Still have to limp to avoid pain several hours later.

I can stand up straight no pain, lean back no pain, bend forward even the slightest, immense pain.

Any advice for handling this?

Reminds me of when I had to interview with JP Morgan Chase several days after wrecking on motorcycle. Came in on crutches.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Thats weird, I've never heard of a back injury on a leg press machine. Your back was flat against a bench, right?

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Thats weird, I've never heard of a back injury on a leg press machine. Your back was flat against a bench, right?
    Honestly not sure what happened. Went a rep past near failure and should not have. Back gave out or whatever it did, lost control of weight and the seat/weights collapsed down as my legs stopped supporting it.

The pain is in the lower back.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

So you iced it, then wrote this on a gambling forum, now going to take a shower. Is that correct?

Come on Earl

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Rub some dirt on it and get back to the gym tomorrow morning.
    You'll be alright.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Rub some dirt on it and get back to the gym tomorrow morning.
    You'll be alright.
    Just worried what happened with my motorcycle accident will happen here. In the moment, the day of, I could move freely and do everything just fine. Obv pain but still able to move. The next day I could not move in bed. For 2 days not able to move. Had to get friends to bring food.

At the gym, adrenaline and testosterone flowing, I penetrate up my back. If I wake up tomorrow unable to move I’m Fukked.

I deal with anxiety and this shit got it fired up.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

any numbness/tingling down either leg? Can you walk on the toes? On your heels?

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Best temporary solution is get some Thermacare wraps. They provide direct heat to wherever your back is tweaked and keep it loose and reduce the pain so that it's tolerable enough that you can function during the day. I got a slipped disc in my lower back from a random pickup bball game in college, and I've thrown out my back multiple times since that initial injury. Whenever I fukk up my lower back and can't afford to take a day off, the wraps are the only way to go. If your back is still bothering you after a couple days, definitely go see a doc and get it X-rayed. Good luck with your interviews.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Tough break eagles, keep it warm to get through those interviews.

Play it smart, the older we get the tougher it gets to recover.

Get well.

eaglesfan371

Thank you guys the advice

Currently trying to sleep but unable to do so due to the pain

Feels like it’s getting worse and unable to lay on my side (how I normally fall asleep).

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Ibuprofen. 800 ** is the prescribed adult dose every 8 hours. Take with food. Alternate warm, moist heat and ice 20 minutes. Do some gentle stretching and range of motion.

Not a doctor but I do work for an ortho surgeon.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Agreed, a prescription dose of ibuprofen or naproxen (with food too) is probably a good idea.

Take it again tomorrow.

Not a doctor, but might as fukkin well be with all the orthopedic surgeries, back injuries and dislocations I've had...lol.

Feel better eagles.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

What would Morino do?

Chalk it up as another loss, claim to the world you win at every sport and keep on keeping on

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    What would Morino do?

Chalk it up as another loss, claim to the world you win at every sport and keep on keeping on
    And here I thought we had stopped the BS. I do not claim this. I lose at NBA, CBB, CFB, and MLB. I win at NHL and NFL. Piss off.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Seaweed left now we have this guy...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

yah whats up w this guy the other week he had flu before interviews, now its back pain guy wants be the police around sbr and the priest what a drama queen, put some ben gay on it and rub it in good

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Eags these are obvious signs from above. Flu last week. Back this week. Stop fighting it man. JJ doesn’t have a lot of time left. Just move right into his slot and enjoy life.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Its a muscle strain

It happens when you dont push thru your heels or when you adjust while pushing off instead of being seated properly

Get a foam roller and grind back n forth on top of that thing for a half hour and do the maching that firces your legs spread wide (this will stretch the lower back muscle sideways)

There's going to be pain but those 2 exercises will cut 3 weeks off total recovery

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Its a muscle strain

It happens when you dont push thru your heels or when you adjust while pushing off instead of being seated properly

Get a foam roller and grind back n forth on top of that thing for a half hour and do the maching that firces your legs spread wide (this will stretch the lower back muscle sideways)

There's going to be pain but those 2 exercises will cut 3 weeks off total recovery
    Fatty I’m on Sakkari today +118. Come get some.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

Ouch i hope you are feeling a bit better after icing this my friend

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

How are you feeling bro?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Moved to EV in my book. Might play other side based on value. Match goes 3, who knows w women.

Like the old joke:

A man travels the Sahara, and finds a genie in a bottle. He rubs it and out pops the Genie.

""Thank you for freedom, I can grant you one wish" the Genie says.

"I wish to travel to America, but not sail or fly. Make me a bridge across the great ocean so I may seek my own freedom" the man says.

"This I cannot do, please make another wish" the Genie replies.

"Then Genie, I wish to understand the logic of women" the man requests.

"....ehhh, you want two lanes or one on that bridge?" The Genies asks.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    And here I thought we had stopped the BS. I do not claim this. I lose at NBA, CBB, CFB, and MLB. I win at NHL and NFL. Piss off.
    I was talking about Morino, not you... but since we are on your case, your attention whoring is not going unnoticed, looks like people will be burying you left and right soon, people here hate this shit.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

As long as he's not trying to scam or mislead anyone it's good, you can tell he's not here to attempt any of that garbage and that he only wants to help other posters and SBR as a whole. He's actually been quite helpful in multiple facets.

Eags I am going to do the Bitcoin/Bovada thing today and will post any inquiries/updates in that thread.

Thanks again for your assistance man.

Last edited by stevek173; 04-03-19 at 11:10 AM.

eaglesfan371

Recd 1 offer, 2 more final interviews. Hopeful.

Back killing me but doing okay. Got the thermocare pad and 800mg ibuprofen. Thanks again guys.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I was talking about Morino, not you... but since we are on your case, your attention whoring is not going unnoticed, looks like people will be burying you left and right soon, people here hate this shit.
    Not posting in players talk anymore until I start betting again. Agree I’ve been off-topic a lot lately and yeah the bandwagon of hate has arrived.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Eags truly a man of mystery

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Its a muscle strain

You might be right, could also be bulging discs, or her iated dicsc, he could have inflamed a narrowed spinal canal, etc....

I had similar symptoms as him, saw my dr and he said “it’s a muscle strain, should be better on Monday.”

Two surgeries and nerve damage later, he was wrong and was just as lazy in his diagnosis as you’re being. I had 3 herniated discs that were compressing the nerve root.

Honestly, he hasn’t given enough info for anyone to have the slightest clue what it is

Regardless, ice, rest and ibuprofen is the way to treat it all. Unless he cant walk on his heels or toes, then he needs an mri sooner than later
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave The Kraken 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You might be right, could also be bulging discs, or her iated dicsc, he could have inflamed a narrowed spinal canal, etc....

I had similar symptoms as him, saw my dr and he said “it’s a muscle strain, should be better on Monday.”

Two surgeries and nerve damage later, he was wrong and was just as lazy in his diagnosis as you’re being. I had 3 herniated discs that were compressing the nerve root.

Honestly, he hasn’t given enough info for anyone to have the slightest clue what it is

Regardless, ice, rest and ibuprofen is the way to treat it all. Unless he cant walk on his heels or toes, then he needs an mri sooner than later
    Agreed, could be many things, definitely cannot narrow down by what I've said. Hopefully the pain goes away, its slightly less painful than yesterday but that could just be the 800mg.

Just lower back pain when bending at all forward.

MinnesotaFats

Phillyguy this chick better win a set

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Phillyguy this chick better win a set

fatty I’m at work & left my magnifying glass home. What is this

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

fatty I’m at work & left my magnifying glass home. What is this
    well hello there

greece 2 germany 0

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Didn’t fatty get potm for posting one tennis winner

im a shoe in

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would go to urgent care and wait the 2 hours and have them give you an X ray, ultrasound, whatever

don't mess around with that ...may be a serious injury. Get checked out !

12 Last