flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I need some insight if any of you have experience working in auto insurance

I have a DUI that is pending... for over two years now. Eventually I will have a court date and likely the charge will stick. So as best I know, if you have a current insurance policy, and you make no changes like new car... they generally do not check the DMV to see the record. Just keep paying your premiums for 3 years, because I think that is the window they see when checking.

My question is would it trigger a check to DMV if I simply had an address change on my policy? I want to get a newer vehicle and try to make it past the 3 year window with no checks to my drivers record if possible.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

most courts require special insurance for dui convicted drivers

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    most courts require special insurance for dui convicted drivers
    you are not following me... courts do not get involved with insurance. I want to keep my current insurance without triggering a check to DMV. Anybody?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Nowadays just asking at an online forum triggers a check.

If my reply is upsetting,
    do a shot, take a puff
    do not answer the door!

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Nowadays just asking at an online forum triggers a check.

If my reply is upsetting,
    do a shot, take a puff
    do not answer the door!
    No it does not at all, flip - and that wasn't funny at all.

Yet another example of why this waste of life needs to be removed from the forum.

Moving on, Flip - with all due respect this sounds like insurance fraud to me, and if you should after this point have something to report to your insurance company, you'd be screwed.

My advice is to lawyer up (public defender works), see if you can avoid the charge sticking and go from there - and to be honest with your insurance company.

Worst case scenario the charge does stick and if so there are companies for that.

flipacoin9698

lmao stevek now I can clearly see why nobody wants you here. Doing nothing wrong... just paying premiums is not insurance fraud. It's their job to check if they decide to do so.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

If it is your firsdui do not get a lawyer..the laws r the laws. Take the classes they give you and be done wth it. As for car insurance it depends if they will catch on..if you have to install a blow device then yes both the insurance company and the dmv will both bed notified as you will have to show proof of both in order get your license back in good standing

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by flipacoin9698 View Post
    lmao stevek now I can clearly see why nobody wants you here. Doing nothing wrong... just paying premiums is not insurance fraud. It's their job to check if they decide to do so.
    I have plenty of pals here bud, don't get along with a few douchebags, that's about it.

I meant your omitting the truth about the DUI to your insurance company as being fraudulent, but do what you do man.

I still think you should PD up - it worked out for me, but maybe it would have without one, who knows.

I hope it works out for you.

Heltah Skeltah

Any other questions just ask..I got 2 dui in a year period 2 years back..had to do some jail time to go along wth it. I'm pretty knowledgeable on the law depending on what state you in..anyway dont drink and drive it not worth it and they fvk you hard once in the system

flipacoin9698

lawyers and court stuff is all taken care of... just waiting. My question is very specific - would a simple change of address trigger a look to dmv records?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Psycho666

You are right

for once

I am worthless and will never sign in again.

Heltah Skeltah

lawyers and court stuff is all taken care of... just waiting. My question is very specific - would a simple change of address trigger a look to dmv records?
    was their an accident or you hurt someone
    .was it your first..do you need to install a blow device..I need more information to answer your question

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    was their an accident or you hurt someone
    .was it your first..do you need to install a blow device..I need more information to answer your question
    none of that... no collision, nobody hurt. Got pulled over and arrested. it is a simple question. If you worked in insurance you would know if an address change triggers a look. that is why I asked if anybody has experience working in auto insurance

Heltah Skeltah

none of that... no collision, nobody hurt. Got pulled over and arrested. it is a simple question. If you worked in insurance you would know if an address change triggers a look. that is why I asked if anybody has experience working in auto insurance
    Then way a 2 year lay-over?

Heltah Skeltah

Well if you have to install a blow device in the vehicle then yes your insurance will most definitely be notified as you will have to fill out those papers to the dmv in order to drive

Heltah Skeltah

I also know cheap insurance provides that will work wth you and ways to get your monthly payment down. Their r ways around the insurance game

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Can type a fake insurance card out on your computer, print it on both sides on nice thick paper.. Cut to a perfect square.. Most insurance cards all look the same and they never call and check..

Jibbby did not post this by the way from experience. I don't do this either.. I just know someone that did when he was in a pinch. Been passing off his fake insurance card for years now just to get his car registered and to keep his DL in order.. He presented the card at the DMV, to police officers when pulled over, and in courts.. No one ever questioned it ever..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can type a fake insurance card out on your computer, print it on both sides on nice thick paper.. Cut to a perfect square.. Most insurance cards all look the same and they never call and check..

Jibbby did not post this by the way from experience. I don't do this either.. I just know someone that did when he was in a pinch. Been passing off his fake insurance card for years now just to get his car registered and to keep his DL in order.. He presented the card at the DMV, to police officers when pulled over, and in courts.. No one ever questioned it ever..
    That takes balls... especially presenting in court. One mishap and you are in big trouble. But when in a pinch, I guess you do what you have to do.

flipacoin9698

Well if you have to install a blow device in the vehicle then yes your insurance will most definitely be notified as you will have to fill out those papers to the dmv in order to drive
    I do not anticipate the court will demand I get a blow in device... so my lawyer tells me. You never know, a judge can do whatever they want on that day. If you have good advice about getting cheaper insurance of course I want to learn more.

Heltah Skeltah

I do not anticipate the court will demand I get a blow in device... so my lawyer tells me. You never know, a judge can do whatever they want on that day. If you have good advice about getting cheaper insurance of course I want to learn more.
    The court has no say on if you need a blow device. That is a separate deal altogether wth the dmv. The court has no control over that..that is a dmv matter

flipacoin9698

The court has no say on if you need a blow device. That is a separate deal altogether wth the dmv. The court has no control over that..that is a dmv matter
    maybe in your jurisdiction... not where I was arrested. I will trust what my lawyer has told me in that regard

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

you are not following me... courts do not get involved with insurance. I want to keep my current insurance without triggering a check to DMV. Anybody?
    when you want to get licensed and to meet most probation compliance you are required to get sr22 insurance, so slipping and sliding wont do you any good,

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If you must drive liquored up -

Just remember never blow into those cops devices on spot, demand a blood test instead and let them haul you in.. You will drop percentage points over the time needed to get to the station and when they eventually do the blood test.. Might be the difference between being over the limit or not..

Those devices don't always read right either..

Heltah Skeltah

maybe in your jurisdiction... not where I was arrested. I will trust what my lawyer has told me in that regard
    Courts deal wth criminal chargers..the dmv will deal wth driving privilege. What jurisdiction you in? I love in Connecticut which has some of the most hashish laws against such offenses. Dont always think lawyers r on your side even if they represent you..they want your money

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If you must drive liquored up -

Just remember never blow into those cops devices on spot, demand a blood test instead and let them haul you in.. You will drop percentage points over the time needed to get to the station and when they eventually do the blood test.. Might be the difference between being over the limit or not..

After your first dui always refuse the test!! Although you will get arrested they wont have your reading you registered..and Jibby they will not give you a blood test unless you get into an accident and hurt someone

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

After your first dui always refuse the test!! Although you will get arrested they wont have your reading you registered..and Jibby they will not give you a blood test unless you get into an accident and hurt someone
    Laws are different in every State.. I've been driving buzzed for over 20 years and I live in LA with check points at times, it's like normal to me now.. I don't swerve and always drive perfect.. That's me though.. Been pulled over liquored up probably 3 to 4 times in my life, never even asked to get out of the car once.. No DUI's on my record and I drink wine every night.. Tequila on occasions too.. Only thing I noticed is I like to drive faster with a buzz and am more alert.. Everyone is different.

I've very aware and responsible though, would never drive if I was stumbling around or piss drunk..NEVER. I draw the line there but I never get that drunk. I also always grab a bottle of water and put it in the cup holder in my car, if a cop pulls me over which has happened and asks me if I've been drinking, I say yes and point to the water bottle.. That seems to help matters always.. Helps when you don't have a record like me also and look healthy and athletic and are friendly.. Oh one other thing I have a sticker in my back window that says "I support law enforcement" that's a good thing to have also as they walk up. I actually do support law enforcement though and that's not a lie..

That's my take on driving under the influence for the past 20 years in a major city.. Never a problem for me, no accidents and I'm a cool cucumber always.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Some, probably most, insurance companies check your DMV before every renewal. Your DUI will pop up the first renewal after conviction. Your rates will jump and you'll probably need an SR22 filing (depending on what state you live in).

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Some, probably most, insurance companies check your DMV before every renewal. Your DUI will pop up the first renewal after conviction. Your rates will jump and you'll probably need an SR22 filing (depending on what state you live in).
    Dui will stay on your record up too 3 years on most car insurance ..

arnB
    arnB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

You'll have to provide the DMV a copy of an SR-22 from your insurance provider to get your driver's license reinstated. Sorry.

arnB

You won't even get your driver's license back until you show the DMV a copy of an SR-22 from your insurance...plus all the other requirements from the court.

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by arnB View Post
    You'll have to provide the DMV a copy of an SR-22 from your insurance provider to get your driver's license reinstated. Sorry.
    Nope. I went through this about 20 years ago and was not needed... auto insurance is required to register a vehicle not for a DL

arnB

Nope. I went through this about 20 years ago and was not needed... auto insurance is required to register a vehicle not for a DL
    Nope. When your flagged for a DUI suspension it's right there on the DMV computer. SR-22 or they won't re-issue your license. I've had 3 in my illustrious career.

Heltah Skeltah

laws changed for dui big time bout 10 years back

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Look. Sell your car. Buy a bicycle. A trusted friend buys your car and insures it in his name. You drive your car very carefully for two years and obtain another license in another State.

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will comment here. Basically, anything you are dealing with and thinking with DMV stuff has been tried by a ton of others. It's all accounted for and your best bet would be to do the opposite and if you do take a conviction to simply pick up the phone and call your insurance company and be honest with them. It's so much easier that way flipacoin and less stressful too plus God will bless you. Bet !

12 Last