Young Silver Medal Cyclist girl commits suicide says F it

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

No help for mental illness worldwide

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Suicide, she quit.. No sympathy here.. I understand depression too from a severe concussion I got. It's a living hell!!

Seek help, don't give up on life, even take your meds if necessary if you absolutely in need of them. Find God and work from there. Best of all stay sober and keep up the cardio..

It's surprising to me when athletes commit suicide because they are working out daily and releasing those important endorphins.

Next....

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Suicide, she quit.. No sympathy here.. I understand depression too from a severe concussion I got. It's a living hell!!

Seek help, don't give up on life, even take your meds if necessary if you absolutely in need of them. Find God and work from there. Best of all stay sober and keep up the cardio..

It's surprising to me when athletes commit suicide because they are working out daily and releasing those important endorphins.

Next....
    So by your statement there should be sympathy.

You know there's a massive difference between being depressed and having full time depression?

Nobody in the world wants to kill themselves, and they have the "balls" to actually go through with it is on a whole other level.

RIP.

Edit: God? Lol ... I surely hope you're joking. They are already dealing with mental health issues, the don't need more insane dillusions in their head.

That's still a thing in 2019? Wow

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

She had attempted suicide a month ago too. She told her brother she was frustrated about the failed attempt. Had to be hospitalized for the attempt too. Had an email auto send to her parents after the attempt. A lot of warning signs she could try again.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

It's her body, she can do what she wants with it.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

You know there's a massive difference between being depressed and having full time depression?

Nobody in the world wants to kill themselves, and they have the "balls" to actually go through with it is on a whole other level.

RIP.

Edit: God? Lol ... I surely hope you're joking. They are already dealing with mental health issues, the don't need more insane dillusions in their head.

I had full depression for a month.. I wanted to end my life.. NO LIE.. I just knew things would get better and they did.. If they didn't I would have gotten help.. I literally laid in my bed for a month after slamming my head on solid concrete..

I didn't know for sure if I'd get better but even in my deepest depression I would never give up and take my own life to escape it..

Everyone is built different though...

I've known mentally ill people, hearing voices in their heads constantly, talking to themselves, etc.. it was mostly all brought on by hard drug use and a poor diet. Lack of sleep. That's keeping it real..

It's not a disease in most cases, it's brought on by the individuals poor life styles and choices made in life..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-12-19 at 01:17 AM.

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with all you said chaoz.
    So by your statement there should be sympathy.I

RIP.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I had full depression for a month.. I wanted to end my life.. NO LIE.. I just knew things would get better and they did.. If they didn't I would have gotten help.. I literally laid in my bed for a month after slamming my head on solid concrete..

I didn't know for sure if I'd get better but even in my deepest depression I would never give up and take my own life to escape it..

I've known mentally ill people, hearing voices in their heads constantly, talking to themselves, etc.. it was mostly all brought on by hard drug use and a poor diet. Lack of sleep. That's keeping it real..

It's not a disease in most cases, it's brought on by the individuals poor life styles and choices made in life..
    I think by saying "I just knew things would get better and they did" is what would separate you from someone with clinical depression. From what I understand from a few I've known who have suffered from this, they never think things will get better. They don't have that little voice of reason in the back of their head telling them that if they just get through this patch everything will eventually be ok. That's why they see no hope for the future no matter how outwardly successful or together they may appear. And now they're looking at whether her concussions contributed to CTE just as it has to many NFL players. Apparently that triggers severe depression also. Very sad for such a young woman and her family.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

So sad 😞

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Too personal
    Last edited by Demonata; 03-12-19 at 12:41 PM.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Next....
    Unreal
    What an uneducated jackass you are

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Once again, what an ignorant, narcissistic, uneducated asswipe you are

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

very sad

i didn't click through. is there some underlying mental health issue here? i mean, before depression.... OCD? bi-polar?

i remember reading about Go Daddy CEO (i think) and a turning point in his life being at a very expensive Hawaiian resort. he saw that the 55 year old poor shuttle bus driver was a very happy person and he, worth $500MM or more, was not. made him think about life

gojetsgomoxies

i've seen this too......... is it permanent though? i assumed no more hard drug use and it clears up

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I think by saying "I just knew things would get better and they did" is what would separate you from someone with clinical depression. From what I understand from a few I've known who have suffered from this, they never think things will get better. They don't have that little voice of reason in the back of their head telling them that if they just get through this patch everything will eventually be ok. That's why they see no hope for the future no matter how outwardly successful or together they may appear. And now they're looking at whether her concussions contributed to CTE just as it has to many NFL players. Apparently that triggers severe depression also. Very sad for such a young woman and her family.
    This is true

Depression isn't something you can reason your way out of. You can't really take a step back and think of things objectively. Probably didn't help that this girl was most likely a lesbian too.

I don't buy the whole CTE thing though. Yeah maybe repeated head injuries are a problem but if having a bad concussion or two caused suicidal tendencies half the male population would have tried to kill themselves by their senior year in high school.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

she did the right thing.....

go gold or go home....

silver medals are for losers

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Next....
    I have heard that from people my whole life... "she quit" or "that is the easy way out". I think you need to rethink things seriously. I have two two very awesome young men (18 and 19) brothers commit suicide. They were childhood friends of my sons when they were younger. They gave signs and the adults around them at the time did not care to listen. Be a compassionate person when it comes to this stuff... when it strikes close to you, trust me you will not be such a hardass about it. You definitely do not want to be the person that realizes maybe you should have listened and taken more action. real life shit that will instantly make you a crazy person if you have any conscience at all.

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    No help for mental illness worldwide
    There is no easy answer for this. Actually not sure there is a practical answer. When people ask for help yeah that is the easy part. But spotting it and them intervening is two almost impossible things to do in reality. Tough to spot with certainty and also tough to convince or submit any person to something they do not accept. Media and politicians talk about it all the time as if they think they could do better, but they cannot.

flipacoin9698

I will say one more thing about suicide... I have never bought the party line that suicide = mental disease. That is a label that is a bit of a copout so that all of us living people can wash ourselves clean of shame and responsibility. I will submit to you that there is not a single person alive today or reading this that has not thought about suicide to some extent at some point in their life. Infinite shades of grey as to how much you thought about it... or how much you might have planned or come close... but I think this is true. Does that mean we all have mental illness to some degree? Nope. People take their lives when they no longer see any hope. There is no disease involved there... just lack of perspective. Sometimes it is simply true - there is no hope. That is a sad fact but if your life really sucks and you are totally convinced there is no way to find a better place, you will do the deed.

flipacoin9698

Suicide is VERY COMMON in Asian cultures... shame does it. It is to a large extent expected and accepted. You screw up to your family or to your employer in a major way... you need to take care of it yourself. It is expected. Sad but true.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

RIP.

Hard agree

Especially hate when people say suicide's the cowards way out. You realize how goddamn hard-wired the survival instinct is in humans? Then they want to act like fighting that off and killing yourself is somehow "easy" or "cowardly"? Give me a break. The very fact that people do it should be enough to tell you how extreme and debilitating depression can be and what it does to the mind

And all that "I've been depressed too but I faced it like a man" crap can get right out of here too. Surprise, not all feelings/chemical imbalances are created equal. Besides, I'm sure at least half the people who say that haven't experienced legitimate clinical depression. It's not the same as just feeling sad or bummed out by your situation
    Points Awarded:

Cuse0323 gave blankoblanco 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Frank Mills

Have you seen the movie, " Sea of Trees " w/ Matthew McConaughey ? It's on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by flipacoin9698 View Post
    Suicide is VERY COMMON in Asian cultures... shame does it. It is to a large extent expected and accepted. You screw up to your family or to your employer in a major way... you need to take care of it yourself. It is expected. Sad but true.

Frank Mills

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

A man walked into a library and asked for a book on how to commit suicide, the librarian responds with ”f... off you won’t bring it back!”

Suicide is illegal because it’s a crime to destroy government property

Many try to argue that we live in a world that is all too politically correct, but joking about serious illnesses and life-threatening situations needs to come to an end. With someone taking their life approximately every 12 minutes, this is not something to be trivialized. It is a real problem that can’t be ignored, and we need to stop the stigma that mental illness is any less legitimate than any other disease.
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 03-12-19 at 11:07 PM.
    Points Awarded:

IAG gave PittsburghPlayer 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Suicide is garbage... I can't stand people that give up and check out like that.. Man up or Woman up and fight the POWER!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Life is a gift don't throw it away.. Tomorrow is always a better day.. Ride it out and see what happens tomorrow.. Time is the healer of all pains!!! You move on and make changes in life.. Turn the page and roll with the CHANGES!!!

NEVER BE AFRAID OF LIFE CHANGES!! Welcome it for better or worse, that's living!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-12-19 at 11:06 PM.

flipacoin9698

I thought I was the only one left who like REO. Gary Richrath was a beast... but he basically drank himself to death.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought I was the only one left who like REO. Gary Richrath was a beast... but he basically drank himself to death.
    Great song writer!! REO rocks!!! Love the lyrics and music.. Stuck with me thru the years... It was before my time too.. I just listened and said to myself that's good music and solid lyrics...

Roll with those changes!!!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Older stuff is fantastic! "Ridin the Storm Out, "Keep Pushin", and "Golden Country" -- As good as it gets!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This was another boost me up song in my early 20's in college.. Just gotta fight thru the tough times!!

This is UB40.. One of my favorite songs to date for inspiration and to carry on!!!

flipacoin9698

Great song writer!! REO rocks!!! Love the lyrics and music.. Stuck with me thru the years... It was before my time too.. I just listened and said to myself that's good music and solid lyrics...

Roll with those changes!!!
    I like almost all of their catalogue... but the best IMO are older songs Golden Country and Back on the Road again
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave flipacoin9698 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flipacoin9698

I was dating a chick a few years back... she had a funny story she was hanging in a bar after the REO show (years ago)... and she met Kevin Cronin at the bar. She said he was all into her talking... then she mentioned her bf and he got rude and told her to penetrate off lmao

gojetsgomoxies

not sure exactly what point i'll be making..

that video made her seem very deep thinking (a good thing)...... but i also think very smart people tend overthink things often too; overactive brains

12 Last