Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

High School Wrestler Refuses To Wrestle Female Opponent 🤼

'Just Wrestle Me,' Says High School Athlete Whose Male Opponent Forfeited to Avoid Wrestling Her

Emily Alford

A high school senior chose to sit out the Colorado state wrestling championships in order to avoid sparring with two opponents who ended up becoming the first female wrestlers to ever place in the tournament.

The Denver Post’s reporting of the incident was really something, placing Colorado teen Brendan Johnston at the center of the story as the one making history. In the article, Johnson said he didn’t want to compete against Jaslynn Gallegos and Angel Rios because of the “physical contact” wrestling entails:

“I’m not really comfortable with a couple of things with wrestling a girl,” Johnston told The Denver Post. “The physical contact, there’s a lot of it in wrestling. And I guess the physical aggression, too. I don’t want to treat a young lady like that on the mat. Or off the mat. And not to disrespect the heart or the effort that she’s put in. That’s not what I want to do, either.”

But in an interview with NPR published on March 10, Gallegos said she just wants to wrestle, a sport she’s been training for since she was five years old:

“I just want to be a wrestler, not necessarily defined as a girl wrestler, so it kind of hurt me a little bit,” she told NPR’s Scott Simon. “I just want to be this wrestler and my gender is holding me back.”

She’s one of 16,562 female high school wrestlers in the U.S. However, just 12 states have adopted girls’ wrestling with dedicated state championships. That means competing alongside boys is the only option for many of those athletes. This year, Colorado approved a pilot program to give female wrestlers their own bracket, though Gallegos decided to wrestle against the boys in the state championship.

Gallegos took fifth place in the tournament, and Rios came in fourth, marking the first time female wrestlers have placed at the state level. Gallegos plans to continue wrestling in college.

The NPR story speculates that the hesitation to wrestle female opponents may stem from anxiety over the #MeToo movement, which is utter bullshit:

“It’s kind of unheard of in the wrestling community for a girl to say something happened during a match,” Gallegos said. “It’s wrestling and I think we all understand that it’s a very physical sport. You’re literally fighting someone to put them to their back.”

Her message to the boys hesitant to touch girls in a sport they’ve both trained for and consented to participate in: “Just wrestle me.”

Codone69
    Codone69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Way to go dude! Class act

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Guys shouldn't have to wrestle girls. My cousin's 14 year old daughter was wrestling with boys in Alaska and from the vids I seen, it was embarrassing. One kid got a boner and they had to have a "cool down" time before the match could be restarted. Fukking clown show.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Guys shouldn't have to wrestle girls. My cousin's 14 year old daughter was wrestling with boys in Alaska and from the vids I seen, it was embarrassing. One kid got a boner and they had to have a "cool down" time before the match could be restarted. Fukking clown show.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Jfc.

Kid in article is a class act, hats off to him.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Up to middle school girls could be competitive but that's because nature made them mature quickly so they could have children before a saber tooth tiger ate them. Mother nature made men mature more slowly to make sure they weren't dumbfuks who might get crushed by a rock with a bunch of kids to feed back home in the cave.

A major problem with the welfare state is it subverts mother nature and allows those who would have been eaten by saber tooth tigers and crushed by rocks to thrive at the cost of others, which results in an overall regression of the human race.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 03-11-19 at 03:04 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

penetrating hilarious..

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Dying. Me and an ex used to argue and wrestle as foreplay sometimes. Getting rough turns many on as we know.

DrPsyche
    DrPsyche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Number of participants in U.S. high school wrestling 2018/19 by gender with thetermpapers stats by Christina Gough

Female high school wrestlers number in 2009/2019 was 6,134; while in 2018/2019 it was already 21,124. But I think it was a question of ethics, and if it's his principle (and not just a PR trick to get into news), I completely understand it.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

no way i could wrestle a girl and treat it the same as wrestling a guy. i give him credit. any male athlete should not be put in that position.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He might be afraid to
    Lose too

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

I just saw this crack skull game these retarded kids in today's world were playing. Three stand in a row and the middle one jumps in place. The outer two trip each leg from behind and the middle one falls backward. Several trips to the hospital ensued.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

but he will wrestle w/ other dudes knowing the close contact involved

if I was the same age as the young women wrestlers, I`d been rubbing those young women into submission via an orgasm
    if the ref turned his/her back, might look for some g-spot action
    try to get some tongue in there

wait, and it is sweaty pussy?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Unreal.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

exactly trip D`s
    to be able to "wrestle" women like that and call it sport
    and not assault
    fukk, I`d have been there
    and with a boner