slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

An Ethiopian Airlines plane has crashed with 149 passengers and 8 crew onboard

• Flight ET302 took off from Ethiopia on Sunday morning at 8.38am local time and was flying to Nairobi w
    • State broadcasters said 'no survivors' on the Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 which has been in use since July
    • Families arriving at the airports in Kenya and Ethiopia after the plane crashed just six minutes after take-off
    • There were 33 nationalities onboard including eight Chinese and seven British

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-board.html

A sickening way to go RIP all

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Terrible

I didn't read the article, no foul play involved?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Terrible

I didn't read the article, no foul play involved?
    No, the planes are death traps. Boeing 737 MAX series
    should all be scrapped and Boeing sued out of business.
    https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;...&hsimp=yhs-005

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Terrible

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Very sad.

Snowball, are u sure about the Boeing 737 Max track record? Track record of commercial airlines is normally very good. Safer than travel via car, put it that way.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

More I read...it does look like that plane has had some issues in past.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Well when a plane crashes like that you don't suffer any pain, it's lights out game over when you hit the ground. Instant death. Not a horrible way to die, just the falling part nose dive would be a bummer for sure.. You would know it's over for that short panic time of falling from the sky...

Too bad this sucks.. Flying is still safer then driving but I don't like it all that much..I like my feet on solid ground..

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Well when a plane crashes like that you don't suffer any pain, it's lights out game over when you hit the ground. Instant death. Not a horrible way to die, just the falling part nose dive would be a bummer for sure.. You would know it's over for that short panic time of falling from the sky...

Too bad this sucks.. Flying is still safer then driving but I don't like it all that much..I like my feet on solid ground..

depending on altitude at time of failure, it could take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to crash

free falling to your death, knowing whats coming is definitely one of the worst ways to go

half the people probably died from fear before impact

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Sad

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

is a car safer??

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    depending on altitude at time of failure, it could take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to crash

free falling to your death, knowing whats coming is definitely one of the worst ways to go

Free falling part would suck asss for sure. No one dies until they hit the ground. Impact no pain instant death though..

I think it's still better then dying of cancer, stabbed to death, burning to death, heart attack, etc...

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

The airline lost communications with this flight 6mins after taking off...

RIP

SportsMushroom

Free falling part would suck asss for sure. No one dies until they hit the ground. Impact no pain instant death though..

I think it's still better then dying of cancer, stabbed to death, burning to death, heart attack, etc...
    ill take cancer and heart attack over plane crash

fuk burning to death though ill agree with you on that

jjgold

nobody knows if you suffer..it is possible you do for like a minute

terrible

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cancer you die a slow painful death, your organs are polluted and shutting down, you got cancer in your brain and have lost your mind.. They do give you morphine around the clock though.. Still that last month of cancer really sucks for most..

Heart attack is quick but it's said it feels like an elephant is stepping on your chest as you drop and pass out...

I still take the plane crash death myself.. It's instant and painless..

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

As long as the cabin is pressurized, the passengers wouldn't feel like they were in freefall. There would be some subtle indicators like ears popping with rapid descent and some heavier than usual turbulence but as long as the plane's angle isn't too steep, they wouldn't know what was about to happen until they actually crashed.

If you read about the Air France plane that crashed in the ocean, the pilots themselves actually had no idea whether the plane was rising or descending even while it was in freefall (altitude reading equipment outside the plane had frozen over). Only when the plane reached about 2000 feet, they became aware when it sent out an automated warning.
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave asiagambler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SportsMushroom

Cancer you die a slow painful death, your organs are polluted and shutting down, you got cancer in your brain and have lost your mind.. They do give you morphine around the clock though.. Still that last month of cancer really sucks for most..

Heart attack is quick but it's said it feels like an elephant is stepping on your chest as you drop and pass out...

I still take the plane crash death myself.. It's instant and painless..
    yeah i guess plane crash does sound the best option

but i wouldnt say no to that morphine

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    As long as the cabin is pressurized, the passengers wouldn't feel like they were in freefall. There would be some subtle indicators like ears popping with rapid descent and some heavier than usual turbulence but as long as the plane's angle isn't too steep, they wouldn't know what was about to happen until they actually crashed.

If you read about the Air France plane that crashed in the ocean, the pilots themselves actually had no idea whether the plane was rising or descending even while it was in freefall (altitude reading equipment outside the plane had frozen over). Only when the plane reached about 2000 feet, they became aware when it sent out an automated warning.
    thanks, always assumed that the freefall would be hell

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

To bad they never designed an automatic eject system with built in chair parachutes in commercial airliners like you see in the fighter jets.. Commercial airliners should have spent money on designing that system. Give passagers a fighting chance to survive.. Hit the eject pull lever and shoot out before impact...

Instead you get a cheesy plastic mask on string and little O2 instead before you die.. That's just weak!!..

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

I was just at the Boeing Plant in Everett Wash. watching the assembly line of new Boeing 777 Max Jets coming off the line, impressive stuff, biggest interior building in the world, their own small city their own medical facilities and fire department. Sad to hear this one went down

jjgold

well lets take a plane crash instead of other options

horrifying though

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Awful. There is no excuse here, two brand new planes within 6 months.

Over/under 10% drop for Boeing stock tomorrow?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Awful. There is no excuse here, two brand new planes within 6 months.

Over/under 10% drop for Boeing stock tomorrow?
    Could be pilot error or an unknown terrorist activity.

Let's wait and see

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Flying is far and away the safest way to travel. We have no idea what actually happened yet. It's all speculation.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This was a new plane. Only had 1200 hrs of flight time. There is something wrong with the new 737's. Pilots are not getting correct data like airspeed which causes them to stall the planes.

SportsMushroom

To bad they never designed an automatic eject system with built in chair parachutes in commercial airliners like you see in the fighter jets.. Commercial airliners should have spent money on designing that system. Give passagers a fighting chance to survive.. Hit the eject pull lever and shoot out before impact...

Instead you get a cheesy plastic mask on string and little O2 instead before you die.. That's just weak!!..

well, if you give everyone the choice to eject, how often would that happen? every flight there would be one triggerhappy guy that shoots off. cause they got scared during turbulence, then plane loses cabin pressure and crashes?

if only the pilot can eject passengers, i'd freak out about malfunction or pilot error before being left hanging 37.000 feet in the air above the ocean

also, 200 people ejecting simultaneously would tangle shutes together and most people would still crush to their death

maybe jetpacks?

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

They cannot afford food... how do they have a commercial jet liner?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

well, if you give everyone the choice to eject, how often would that happen? every flight there would be one triggerhappy guy that shoots off. cause they got scared during turbulence, then plane loses cabin pressure and crashes?

if only the pilot can eject passengers, i'd freak out about malfunction or pilot error before being left hanging 37.000 feet in the air above the ocean

also, 200 people ejecting simultaneously would tangle shutes together and most people would still crush to their death

maybe jetpacks?
    99% of passengers wouldn’t know how to open the emergency door let alone be able to work a parachute

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

maybe jetpacks?
    Have one huge eject system that blows the entire roof off the plane and ejects everyone at once then, have it operated only by the pilots of the aircraft as they are to know first whether the plane is going down or not...

Everyone buckled up goes flying out the top of the plane and parachutes are deployed all at once..

I don't know some kind of system like that? I'm sure with all the technology today something could be figured out.. Every space craft and or military plane has an eject option.. Why not a commercial airliner? That would save lives..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-10-19 at 04:45 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If you eject at 35000 feet where commercial airliners fly you will die from lack of oxygen and -50F degree temperatures. But your loved ones will get a frozen body to bury at least.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

going to have to add a parachute to the plane

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If you eject at 35000 feet where commercial airliners fly you will die from lack of oxygen and -50F degree temperatures. But your loved ones will get a frozen body to bury at least.
    Have seat heaters and oxygen systems in place on every seat then, back message as well for passenger comfort on the way down..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-10-19 at 04:51 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    going to have to add a parachute to the plane

Have to be one hell of a big parachute system to hold a commercial airliner.. You never know though?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

They are about to ground all 737 max because of this. China already grounded their jets.

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Tragic. RIP.

12 Last