RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

^^ That's brilliant Rudy, every plane should be equipped with a giant parachute system like that...

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

How much would it cost to give all passengers a parachute cause there was a chance they would still be a live considering plane crashed on land.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    How much would it cost to give all passengers a parachute cause there was a chance they would still be a live considering plane crashed on land.
    Because parachuting from a commercial jet on a noise dive is a piece of cake! You just open the door of a pressuirised cabin without any instructions or training on how to parachute...and jump!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Because parachuting from a commercial jet on a noise dive is a piece of cake! You just open the door of a pressuirised cabin without any instructions or training on how to parachute...and jump!
    More like if you are on it during a nose dive and you do have time and balance to pop out that emergency exit door you'll then get sucked out and right into the jet engine.. Come out hamburger meat in the end..

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Flying is far and away the safest way to travel. We have no idea what actually happened yet. It's all speculation.
    It's Odd both crashes were the MAX. I've heard other rumblings so I'll leave it to the authorities but on the news they said something like "A mandatory" software update is immediately required.

Software? wtf

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    It's Odd both crashes were the MAX. I've heard other rumblings so I'll leave it to the authorities but on the news they said something like "A mandatory" software update is immediately required.

Software? wtf
    "soft" is the key word here, as I csnnot think of anything that would make me softer than being on one of these mother fukkin' Max 8 planes as it was falling to the earth, knowing I'm about to fukkin' die, with there being absolutely nothing I can do about it.....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Would be fun to watch though. I’d just grab the drink cart, sit back, and enjoy my painless death.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Would be fun to watch though. I’d just grab the drink cart, sit back, and enjoy my painless death.
    Yeah, I'd probably do the same, unless I looked over across the isle and saw this, and we were at high altitude, giving me enough to time to bust one last nut on the way down:

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    To bad they never designed an automatic eject system with built in chair parachutes in commercial airliners like you see in the fighter jets.. Commercial airliners should have spent money on designing that system. Give passagers a fighting chance to survive.. Hit the eject pull lever and shoot out before impact...

Instead you get a cheesy plastic mask on string and little O2 instead before you die.. That's just weak!!..

Not worth it. Too expense.

Cost vs benefit.

Also, you can’t eject at 30k feet and be able to breath.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

The same people with the parachute idea would then be bitching about how expensive flights are after the fact. It's not really feasible either on current airliners. They'd all crash from being too heavy.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    The same people with the parachute idea would then be bitching about how expensive flights are after the fact. It's not really feasible either on current airliners. They'd all crash from being too heavy.
    The parachute idea would never work and it’s a horrible idea.

You can’t eject at 30k feet.

If you eject under that, people would still hit mountains, water, etc and die.

People wouldn’t know what to do and would still die.

It would be hell of expensive.

Considering there hasn’t been a commercial airline crash in the USA in over a decade, it makes zero sense to spend billions and cost passengers billions to try to prevent something that happens .00000000000000000001 percent of the time despite thousands of flights a day.

It would actually make more sense to put ejection seats in cars but that is also a stupid idea.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Reading this thread its easy to see why Trump won

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Yeah, I'd probably do the same, unless I looked over across the isle and saw this, and we were at high altitude, giving me enough to time to bust one last nut on the way down:

If anyone could pull it off, my money would be on you. You’d get a gangbang started in your last moments.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Agreed. Sharp crew around these parts.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    He ordered all 737's to be grounded now.. That's what a good President does to protect the citizens of America..

Trump does win again.. Solid President... Build the wall now and protect us!!!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ing-nr-vpx.cnn

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

News talking about Boeing stock price crash, but it looks like it's actually holding up pretty well to me. $423 down to $377 in the 5 days since it happened.

Considering the US has now joined other countries in grounding the plane i was expecting to see a real crash.

It did bottom out at $363 right after the presidents announcement, but bounced straight back to where it was just prior.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He ordered all 737's to be grounded now.. That's what a good President does to protect the citizens of America..

Trump does win again.. Solid President... Build the wall now and protect us!!!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ing-nr-vpx.cnn
    Protect American citizens??

Do you ever stop to think, like even for a second?

Two planes with shitty fukking pilots crash and he grounds all 737 max 8’s, even though not one has had an issue here where experienced pilots are flying them

Opiates are killing people so Trump is gonna try and fight that battle too

Yet guns kill more people every year than planes and opiates combinedand he is supports more guns!

Hypocrisy at its finest

First 12